CAP 13 CAP 2 - Part 4 - Stat Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
capefeather
reachzero
Spork

Korski

Obviously voting myself #1, but out of the others, I believe that reachzero simply made the most efficient argument, well-supported in places that matter. Both reachzero and Spork have Attack stats that I think CAP 2 really needs. I mean, think about the Sacred Fire vs Forretress calcs; even 120 base Attack needs a lot of investment and a Life Orb to KO with a 4x effective attack, while 110 (Spork's) would likely require a Choice Band. I know that sacrificing Forretress to spam hazards isn't usually a sound strategy, and I know spinblocking isn't high on the priority list, but I wouldn't want CAP 2 to be a bad one.

reachzero
capefeather
Deck Knight
Korski
Spork

Reachzero's is in my opinion the most representative of the combo of ST and PS. Also, the higher Speed options are a tough sell for fulfilling the concept and the high-Hp ones I feel limit some options for CAP2 (Sub-seed comes to mind)

Capefeather
Korski
Deck Knight

Capefeather's spread straddles a very good speed tier for CAP2. Base 81 has solid reasoning behind it while the Base 120 Attack is high enough for it to pack an immediate punch which the CAP needs imo. The low HP stat is good flavourwise for a ghost and it serves a good competitive purpose in encouraging Pain Split and Leech Seed etc. Overall a very strong stat spread and it gets my vote.

Korski's spread is a pretty safe option, 100 Speed is fast but brings it into competition with a lot of things and still gets outrun by quite a lot of things. I personally would've felt that Base 100 is too high but it does bring into contention the possibility of bulky sweeping ala CM Jirachi or NP Celebi. The other stats are quite conservatively balanced too but they have to be when CAP2 has Sketch at its disposal. Having a fast CAP2 in the base 100 range would interest me a lot so Korski gets my backing too.

Deck Knight's spread is my least favourite and only because I feel CAP2 should not be overwhelmingly fast. 105 would probably have been the limit for me and 112 is just too overpowering, especially considering how unpredictable we are aiming to make CAP2. The high speed probably hindered the offensive stat distribution of this spread too and I'd like to see a strong offensive stat to threaten with right off the bat and give it a different dimension competitively. In the end I feel that this spread has the risk of ending up being quite one dimensional. This gets my downvote unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)