CAP 14 CAP 3 - Part 2 - Typing Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fire/Poison
Ice/Steel
Bug/Psychic

Of the choices, I feel these are the three that are most usable, while still remaining near the "bad" end of the spectrum. I also believe that any mono-typing is nowhere near as interesting to experiment with as a "bad" dual-typing.

Poison
Ice/Steel
Bug/Psychic
Fire/Poison
At first, I really liked Fire/Poison but it really is hardly a bad typing with many good resistances and only some common weaknesses.

Bug/Psychic

and NO single Poison (Why isn't Poison/Normal on the list?)

And why do you think the ice TYPING is a dragon killer? STAB is just a gimmick to increase the Base Power by 50%. Most Dragons have a 4x weakness to Ice. It is regardless if they are hit by a 380 BP Ice Beam or a 570 BP Ice Beam ... The typing says nothing about the offense coverage, it is a defensive mechanic!

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Fire/Poison
Poison

Ice/Steel

I was disappointed to see that Fire/Electric did not make the slate, but Fire/Poison is very similar and slightly worse in some aspects and slightly better in others (Tspikes absorption / immunity and a Fighting-type resist are very nice). It is my primary choice for many of the reasons Fire/Electric was - it has excellent STAB options, a defensively versatile dual-typing that nevertheless exposes it to very dangerous weaknesses (4x to Ground, 2x to Water, Rock, Psychic). All in all, I feel like it would be a typing that would allow us to be much more creative in the rest of process, because it's not abysmally bad to the point where we would need to compensate with ridiculous stats / abilities / movepool, but it's also bad enough that it doesn't fail to meet the concept.

I went with Poison as my second choice because pure Poison is a terrible offensive type but a very decent defensive type. I like Poison solely because it will be a substantial challenge taking the typing in an offensive direction, and I want to see if we will be successful, and also exactly what it will take.

Ice/Steel was my final choice because, out of every other option, it's the only type that's both "bad" while having redeeming factors that will actually be relevant in the metagame. A dragon-resisting Pokemon with STAB ice attacks is a decent niche. I just don't think it's as good of a niche as the two typings above, though.

Fire/Poison
Fire

Fire/Poison seem like a typing that, despite being the combination of 2 relatively bad types, can capitalize in some kind of "unpredictibleness" in that it can be "fixed" with all-around decent stats so that it can take either a defensive or offensive role, armed with a nice and wide movepool he can have a kind of "mew-effect" that makes the oponent second-guessing himself all the time...

Poison
Ice/Steel
Ice/Rock
Bug/Psychic
Fire/Poison
Fire

A pure poison would be pretty cool so it's a top.

A pure fire would just be a spirit of fire pretty much, and that's sorta stupid.
But just my opinions.

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
Ice/Steel
Poison

I'll choose these for the many possibilities how they could work

Its a bit disappointing that all the dual types are new combinations. I was really looking forward to redoing a typing that couldn't compete previosly

Ice/Steel
Fire
Poison
Ice/Rock
Bug/Psychic
Fire/Poison

I like the thought of Ice/Steel from its potentially crippling weaknesses and potentially useful resistances (dependent on the stats of course) and the fact I can already picture a few designs already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)