CAP 3 CAP 3 Sprite Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sneaky Trapinch is looking up his skirt

It's a cool pose, but the left canon looks a little weird. Like it's only loosy connected to the rest of the arm.

I like that one.

Why is there a Trapinch.
Because it's cute, and I needed something for size comparison.

Sneaky Trapinch is looking up his skirt

It's a cool pose, but the left canon looks a little weird. Like it's only loosy connected to the rest of the arm.
This should clear it up a little:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/Feargreed/WoodmanSketch2.png

I will probably make a change to his left arm, I agree that it does look a little awkward at the elbow.

that's the best one so far, it looks bad abs. and woot finally i have a smogon (some may know me from dougs server)

Anyway, I made some changes based on the suggestions. The original is on the left, the next two modified the head/feet and I tried new tail positions.
My constructive criticism

-Good body pose
-How its face is done makes it look like a duck
-I know its other arm is behind its back,To somebody it will look like it has one arm

Pretty nice sprite

It's arm is right there. If people can't tell that, being able to see it's other hand, they deserve to think it only has one arm.

...And I like ducks. Quack, sir. Quack.

Here's my contribution:

I don't like the tail too much. I'll probably come out with an edit soon with the tail coming to the right instead of the left.

Here's my contribution:

I don't like the tail too much. I'll probably come out with an edit soon with the tail coming to the right instead of the left.
Nice job, I like it and I agree with you. It will look much better with the tail coming out from the right. Also I think its eyes seem a bit mechanical looking right now, like they can be edited to look more like a spirited lizard like charizard.

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Dragonzrule- I really don't like the tail. It looks way too big and out of proportion.

Nopie's is really great but I worry how it looks next to other Pokemon sprites, especially since it is looking to the right and pointing at something to the right and not the front. I really like how you did the fire in the canon, though. I think that could be applied to others with great success.

Nopie's is really great but I worry how it looks next to other Pokemon sprites, especially since it is looking to the right and pointing at something to the right and not the front. I really like how you did the fire in the canon, though. I think that could be applied to others with great success.
Thanks!

I do think you have a valid argument here, but in my defense:

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey everybody, go check out the new badge under KOA's name in his posts. We have a new art badgeholder here on the CAP project! Considering that KOA has been such a huge force in all the CAP art and sprite competitions, it's only appropriate that the rest of Smogon is now leveraging his amazing art skills.

CONGRATULATIONS KOA!

Ok, I finished(may edit some detalis, but for the most part done) my sprite. I'll work on female/back/shiny sprites later. Here it is:

Oh, nopie, I kind of borrowed your fire coloration. ^_^;; Sorry if that isn't ok, I can change the color if you want. Any suggestions are appreciated. Oh, and congrats KoA!

EDIT: I just noticed that the head looks kind of off, will fix later.

That's the nicest one so far, flygon. I'm working on a sprite as well but I won't post it unless I get it looking good enough to meet my standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)