CAP 32 - Part 19 - Post Play Lookback 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to super achieve concept, drop its dump stat to 1 (spatk). You get 418 BST which is well below average.

Why dont we do this? It's because it is a flawed way to view concept fulfillment. You can't say we've better achieved concept fulfillment by adjusting the stat that has no bearing on the mon. BST is a fake criteria to base the concept on and is something we've heavily talked about throughout this project.
That is false. The concept is "average or below average", not "as low as possible". 418 (below average) does not fulfill the concept any better than 499 (also below average) or 501 (average).

I agree that BSR is more important, but that doesn't mean we should completely ignore BST.

spoo

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
consensus has been pretty evenly split but I don't think this is an issue worth running a poll over, so I'm just going with snake's suggestion of a soft -3 special attack to equalize both stats. a small reduction like this is hopefully a fine compromise. it doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things, but I think it's still a positive optics + flavor QOL change that puts a nice little bow on this process!

That's pretty much it from me for this process, it's been great being your TL :heart:
okay, now we're really done, I mean it this time :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)