CAP 33 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
WIP
cap 33 wip 2.png

Took a stab at polishing up the design, and I am MUCH happier with how it looks now! It honestly might be the one I end up going with in the end, but for now I'm gonna wait for any new developments in the ability and/or movepool department in case any major changes need to be made.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
WIP

tmp1.png

Edit (2023-09-22):

Changes:
  • Identified bubble gradient
  • Made eye more unique
  • Added detail to lip of tub
  • Tweaked lighting
  • Added some swirliness back to the bubbles
  • Added details to feet
Thanks to:
  • Fenghuang
  • Katabatic
  • NoahIOTJ
  • Sunfished
  • uppababy

Older version 2 (2023-09-17):

tmp4.png
Version with alternate bubble colors:
tmp1.png

Changes:
  • Changed shape of mouth.
  • Tweaked eye color.
  • Removed water effect from bubbles and used a simpler gradient effect.
To do:
  • Add additional contours to shoulder pauldrons.
  • Tweak leg proportions.
  • Maybe use 3D modeling software to fine-tune pose.
Thanks to the following users for feedback:
  • ausma
  • Brambane
  • Chillie
  • EnderTrenton
  • sun_dew
  • Unsee

Older version 1:

1694901954149.png

Changes:
  • Redrew the design for final submission purposes.
  • Determined preliminary mouth shape.
  • Changed shape of neck-collar-yoke-thing.
  • Changed shape of "shoulder pauldrons".
  • Tweaked feet shape.
  • Updated bubble structure/coloring.
To do:
  • Add additional contours to "shoulder pauldrons".
  • Experiment with the style of the head (especially the shape of the mouth).
  • Maybe use 3D modeling software to fine-tune pose.
  • Adjust lighting.
  • Adjust bubble colors.
Thanks to the following people for feedback:
  • paintseagull
  • Sunfished

Last edited:
WIP
1694903425991.png

Completely new direction, this time being an idea that I've had shelved for weeks. This is based on a species of fish known as opah, popularly referred to as moonfish. These fish are shrouded in mystery, as they live very isolated lives in deep open seas far from other ocean life, as such they are very unique. Opah are enormous in size for a fish, yet are also fast swimmers due to their adept fin structure. And they're currently the only known form of fish whom have a body temperature higher than the water around it.
I decided to make the 'moon fish' design literally, as the body pattern looks like the face of the moon. It also sparkles and glows so it even looks like a night sky deep underwater. I'm also putting down below a few bits of art that led me to this point. I feel really confident in this design! I hope y'all like this new direction as much as I do :)

sparkle supporting art
1694904114751.png

old version
1694904045126.png

Yu_IOTJ

formerly NoahIOTJ
is a Community Contributor
WIP

AA8B503A-158E-46DC-A9AD-39E63A38E339.png

My submission is a Moray Eel crossed with the big boisterous fins of an Oarfish, and semi-inspired from deep sea creatures with bioluminescence. It's designed to be reminiscent of mons such as Bruxish, Gorebyss, and Wishiwashi. Also with a mixed color palette of Aromatisse and Wishiwashi.

and Some sketches of the Eel being silly and threatening, and also showcasing its size. May or may not edit it further as the deadline comes up

4C5F9B04-92C4-44CE-B836-66CC42FE7952.jpeg

Last edited:

Sunfished

fisch
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
WIP

still working on colors but i got a lot of feedback:
  • the last design felt too "rigid", so i made the "wing" parts more softer looking. should feel a bit faster now i hope
  • changed the dress into wings that can sorta extend out to look like the dress. it'd fold its wings in to go fast, and spread it out to hold its ground
  • sadly got rid of the minty green but hopefully these blues help it a bit better with the typings + looks more like the glaucus
  • removed the crotchplate, i think it made it a bit too mechanical looking which was also one of the issues it had

WIP
CAP_20230919200631.png

beluga whale submarine
it has bubble of air on its head as a pocket of air to breathe
and it has other bubbles on its body cos they look like submarine windows
and it has a periscope-looking water fountain from its blowhole
probably needs more tweaks on deisgn
edit: better version
Untitled14_Restored_20230919174746.jpeg

Modedit: Changing oversized image to thumbnail.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
WIP

been a while since ive subbed for a cap; we tryin smthng.

streetlight anglerfish sorta deal; maybe i'll end up pushing like "guiding light" themes or w/e. attached a previous ideation version as a thumbnail

cap33ideation.png

WIP

CAP33 640.png

Fast Water Type? Well how about a Basilisk Lizard running over water fast enough to have rainbows trailing it?

This is based on the Basilisk Lizard, aka the Jesus Lizard, mixed with the Goddess of Rainbows, Iris! Its flower trumpet is in reference to Iris' job as a herald and messenger of the gods.

WIP
Untitled82_20230921185740.png
I've always wanted to participate in cap so better later than never
This little guy is based off nile crocs and pastry desserts, mainly basbousa
I'd love some feedback and ideas for the design, since I'm struggling with the colors or how to make it look more fairly-like or bulkier. I have an alternative warmer color palette but I'm not sure it looks enough like a water type, just to make the colors fit more with the wheat designs

Modedit: Changing oversized image to thumbnail.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiwi

free فلسطين
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
WIP
1695551559215.png

1695530163604.png

Since it's a new design, I thought it would be best to make a new post and attach new thumbnails to it. Took feedback from a couple of people and thought this would be more suitable. It's a light sea slug, focusing on defence since sea slugs can reform their body. They're also incredibly light, so it would be able to move quickly or be pushed by currents, based on speed. This will be my last idea!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)