Not open for further replies.

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
WIP (1/3)

Wavern

Wave + Wyvern

Pronounced: way-vurn

As per Yokai, the wave is vaguely draconic inspired, which gave me the inspiration. Plus the words just fit well together. It is a wave after all. Does also look like cavern which fits its size too!

WIP
(1/2)
Creseiche

Crescent Moon + Seiche (a standing wave within an enclosed or partially enclosed body of water)

Pronounced: "CRES-saysh"

(2/2)
Thalassuki

Thalassa (Greek for sea/a moon of Neptune) + Tsuki (Japanese for moon)

Pronounced: "thuh-LASS-soo-ki"

Last edited:

Unsee

so smart me, enjoy book so much
is an Artist
WIP (1/3)

Crescento

A portmanteau of "crescent" + "crescendo"

Pronounced: "cress-SENT-oh"

WIP (2/3)

Umiyo-e

A portmanteau of "umi" ("sea" in Japanese) + "ukiyo-e"

Pronounced: "oo-MEE-yoh-eh"

edit: “Umiyo-e” belongs to Reiga now.

Last edited:
WIP 1
Astronauticl

Astra/Astro (stars, here more meaning the night sky) + Nautical (of the sea). I love how the words sound together, but visually I'm not sure with the 12 character limit. Is there a better way to fit those together, or is it good as is?

WIP 2
Fathomliss

From Fathomless, meaning unmeasurable. Both the sea and the night sky are dark and immense, and Fathomless is a beautiful word to capture them both, especially since fathoms are a unit specific to measuring the depth of water. -liss instead of -less to give it a little more Fairy flair and make it not just a regular word.

Last edited:
WIP (1/2)

Idolwave

"Idol" (something that's worshipped like a god) + "wave" (everyone calls it 'wave' already) + "tidal wave"

Pronounced: "EYE-dul-Wave"

WIP (2/2)

Idlewave

"Idle" (design is a wave that stays still and doesn't break apart) + "wave" (everyone calls it 'wave' already) + "tidal wave"

Pronounced: "EYE-dul-Wave"

WIP 1
Tsukiumi
Tsuki means moon in Japanese while umi means sea so literally translated it means moon sea.
This is just off the the top of my head so I am aware it's not as good as the other submissions.
I have another suggestion too maybe
WIP 2
Yorunami
Yoru meaning night and nami coming from tsunami so a night tsunami of course I don't expect to win but just some suggestions.

Last edited:

boomp

Never Give Up
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Final Submission

Tsunaster

Its the combination of Tsunami and monster together. The Design reminds me of a giant wave monster terrorizing and asborbing all thats in its way.

Pronounced: Soo-Naa-Str

Edit: forgot I had to make it 25 words minimum thats why u saw the last edit at the bottom sorry :(

Last edited:

Yu_IOTJ

formerly NoahIOTJ
is a Community Contributor
Final Submission

Crestide

A portmanteau of "Crest", another name for waves, and the shape of a moon, and "Tide", waves affected by the pull of the moon.

Pronounced: Kres-tahyd

Last edited:

Cyril tbh

formerly LordDoesOtherStuff
FINAL SUBMISSION

Kanagaiju

Kanagawa (The Great Wave off Kanagawa, the painting) + Kaiju

Pronounced: Kah-Nah-Gai-joo

Taking inspiration from a lot of the big, buff kaiju names, I think Kanagaiju also leans into the more artistic aspect. It rolls of the tounge oh so easily and to me the design is more artsy than intense. I think Kanagaiju strikes a good balance between Artsy and Intense.

Last edited:

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
WIP 2/3:

Paciflodon

"Pacific Ocean" + "don" or "megalodon"

Pronounced: "puh-SIH-floh-don"
IPA: pəˈsɪflodɑn

Taking inspiration from DougJustDoug's use of the word "Atlantic", I thought "Pacific" was an inspired choice of word. "Pacific" is the name of our largest ocean, referring to CAP 33's immense presence (not to mention it's the body of water off Kanagawa). In addition, it means "peaceful", alluding to CAP 33's defensive nature and very low attack stat. Overall, this name is designed to evoke a "gentle giant" style of creature while still sounding kaiju-like.

Cyril tbh

formerly LordDoesOtherStuff
FINAL SUBMISSION

Omariinae

Otariinae (latin for sea lion) Marine

Pronounced: Oh-mahr-ee-neigh

A different route, and I think it works here. It sounds more "pixie-like" than a lot of the draconic ones, while still being based on the drawing, a sea lion wave (or thats how I see it at least).

Last edited:

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
WIP 2/3

Wavelocity

Portmanteau of “Wave” + “Velocity”

Pronounced: “wey-vuh-LOS-i-tee”

The concept is “Very Fast Immovable Object”, and I wanted to come up with a name that highlights that this thing is FAST.

Shadowshocker

It shall rest here in peace. Forever, if you wish.
is a Top Artistis a Smogon Media Contributor
WIP 1/3

Zoomnami

Zoom (really fast sound or movement) + Tsunami (large wave)

Pronounced: zoom-NAH-mee

WIP 2/3

Humongahuna

Humongous (really big) + kahuna (North American slang for a large wave)

Pronounced: hew-MUNG-uh-HOO-nuh

Ayush_1

formerly AyushKr_PKMN
Final Submission

Tidalantis

Tidal (related to tides => Regular rise & fall of sea) + Atlantis (an imaginary island in the bottom of Atlantic Ocean)

Pronounciation: Tai-Dal-An-Tis

Last edited:
WIP (1/3)

Kanisho-e

Portmanteau of the words "Kanagawa" and "meisho-e" (subcategory of the ukiyo-e used in the "The Great Wave Off Kanagawa").

WIP (2/3)

Shogunawa-e

Portmanteau of the words "Shogunate", "Kanagawa" and "Tokugawa" (period of the creation of "The Great Wave Off Kanagawa"), and "ukiyo-e" and "meisho-e". Also, "wa-e" sounds similar to "wave".

WIP (3/3)

Meishogawa-e

Portmanteau of the words "meisho-e" (subcategory of the ukiyo-e used in the "The Great Wave Off Kanagawa") and "Kanagawa" and "Tokugawa" (period of the creation of "The Great Wave Off Kanagawa"). Also, "wa-e" sounds similar to "wave", and it would be the first CAP with a 12 character name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)