CAP 5 CAP 5 - Part 8 (Art Poll 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Break the Mold-Click here to see the full post.
latinoheat said:
Name: Break the Mold

Description:
An OU viable pokemon that goes completely against the stereotypes of its typing.
Type: Rock

Offensive/Defensive Bias: Offensive 20-40
Physical/Special Bias: Special -20 and lower
Base Stat Rating: Very Good
Base Stats:90/60/65/120/70/130 Speed Last

If you didn't repost your art and didn't tell me, I can't help you. You all had ample time to do it. When you click on the links, they will link you to the art, not the full submission or backstory. You'll have to use the links in the art thread for that. (Thanks Doug for tipping me off!)

Bold votes. You have three votes each. Each vote is worth the same amount. You must use all three votes.

Syprus
Regi DS
Cerbi01
yourDeadGrandad
DarthVader317
CactuarJoe
DougJustDoug
Caladbolg~/Skyshroud
Antarctros
Kharozz
ChronoSquare
Zantimonious
Hazmat
Sanglunaria
--T.I.B.M--
InHell 13
Headpunch
NinjaSquirtle
Atroyki
BoneArmor
Lofty
Vividsketch
Lightning Storm
Wichu
CyzirVisheen
CasMat

There are your submissions. This will be open about two days. I'll take the top 7, since Sunday took 7/29. We have 26 submissions, so it comes out as 6.2, rounded up. I don't think I have to remind you all of the golden rule, but just in case: If you don't have anything nice to say about the art, don't say anything at all. Constructive criticism will be accepted, though it is a bit late for it.
(Congratulations! By finding this message, you have shown me that you actually care enough to read the whole thread! YAY!)

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lofty
Cerbi01
yourDeadGrandad

If I could, I would give all votes to Lofty's. His is just so freaking awesome I can't describe it.

The other two though are still really good and I wouldn't be disappointed if they won.

yourDeadGrandad - will probably get my final vote, as it is too awesome
Wichu - very cool looking serpent that could fit the stats
DougJustDoug - definately fits the stats, very awesome

Cadabolg's was great too, but I assumed it would get enough votes, as is Cyzir's queen

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Lofty Lofty's Comet for the win. Very, very awesome.
Cadabolg~ Very, very nice.
Sangulanaria The Gilin is chillin and millin like villain!

I choose you!

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
DougJustDoug
Regi DS
CyzirVisheen

This is one of the toughest votes I've ever had to make. I could have easily voted for Antarctros, CactuarJoe, Headpunch, Lofty, Wichu, and a ton of others. Every piece deserves to be in there. Its too bad we're limited to three votes. And yeah, I notice the irony since I could have made it more votes, but I just copied Sunday's precedent. So in conclusion, yell at Sunday, not me =P

DougJustDoug
Regi DS
CyzirVisheen

This is one of the toughest votes I've ever had to make. I could have easily voted for Antarctros, CactuarJoe, Headpunch, Lofty, Wichu, and a ton of others. Every piece deserves to be in there. Its too bad we're limited to three votes. And yeah, I notice the irony since I could have made it more votes, but I just copied Sunday's precedent. So in conclusion, yell at Sunday, not me =P
Bull's eye, this is my same vote.

CyzirVisheen
yourDeadGrandad
DougJustDoug

I'm going to be reasonably pissed if Cyzir's doesn't get through because people think it'll get enough votes, and therefore don't vote for it.

I am disappointed to not see the rock griffin/bald eagle on here, it was sure more Pokemon like than a few of the drawings on here.

Caladbolg~/Skyshroud - Very cool "monster" design that just hits home with me. I feel like behind every good Pokemon there needs to be good lore behind it, and this one has potential for that imo.

Lofty - I think Lofty made the most drawing concepts out of everyone, and I felt a bit apprehensive for voting for a "comet" as a Pokemon at first, but he did this concept well.

Wichu - It was hard to pick my last vote, because a lot of those were really good. But I just like the idea of a sand serpent.

I've been gone for a while and I just browsed through the whole art and it's incredible. From what i see, these are my favorites.
CyzirVisheen
Regi DS
Wichu

CyzerVisheen's is the best IMO... and although Regi DS's DOES look like an eeveeloution, it's great. And for some reason, Wichu's screams Giratina Origine...

DougJustDoug
Cadabolg~
CyzirVisheen

I agree with others. It was a very tough vote! I could have easily voted for Regi DS, Zanti, Hazmat, and a few others.

I have to admit, I do like the idea of using the queen chess piece for the female and the king chess piece for the male.

CyzirVisheen (yay maker of Syclant)
DougJustDoug (who should have made Revvy)
yourdeadgrandad (gets no backstory)

yeah... I started with Cyzir and just continued the random comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)