CAP 5 CAP 5 - Sprite Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thing is supposed to be really fast.

Shouldn't the sprite, then, depict it flying forwards, claw raised, ready to kick some ass?
Last time I checked not all fast Pokemon have a fast looking sprite. Mewtwo, Lugia, Miltank, Purugly, and Tentacruel are just some examples. Even if you don't find 100 base speed to be that fast you still probably can't tell that Miltank/Tentecruel have that high of a base speed just by looks.

Weavile doesn't look as fast as a flying rock bird named Aerodactyl, but he's almost as fast as it gets.
multiple pokemon don't look fast from their sprite.

This originally started out as a joke pose with me mixing and repositioning the scythe types from both poses following the original idea of the first pose and it came out a hell of a lot better than I thought. I altered the shading on the head a bit.

Fast enough for you guys?

I mean, but it can't hurt.
We want to make this thing look fast, right? So why don't we make it look really fast?
I'm just saying, we should go for it.

This originally started out as a joke pose with me mixing and repositioning the scythe types from both poses following the original idea of the first pose and it came out a hell of a lot better than I thought. I altered the shading on the head a bit.

Maybe you should fix the bottom claws position... it looks like its dancing xD

It doesn't look exactly like it's moving but it looks kinda like it's about to burst into fast movement as I see it, so I like that poise, nice job ;)

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

The ballet pose doesn't do it for me. Maybe I have too many preconceived ideas of this as a swift, dangerous attacker. I just can't picture this moving like a dancer. It also kinda looks like it is "tip toe-ing".

I do like the top limbs though. This is the first pose we've seen that has the "arms" in a lower position, and I think it looks good. Perhaps you could combine them with different lower limb positions.

I CAN DANCE ALL DAY >:B

I really like this pose. It's very quirky.

Is that a trick question? I'm a little surprised that people would believe your latest rendition being slow when the creature at hand is nothing more but a formation of loosely connected rocks with gemstones in certain places. I personally like your dancing sprite, it shows a lot of life and portrays a fleetly fighter in my eyes. Those connector rock gives it the appearances of having limbs, thought I have to ask, is it's left leg being crossed over it's right leg?

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The ballet pose doesn't do it for me. Maybe I have too many preconceived ideas of this as a swift, dangerous attacker. I just can't picture this moving like a dancer. I do like the top limbs though. This is the first pose that has the "arms" in a lower position, and I think it looks good. Perhaps you could combine them with different lower limb positions.
Actually, I see it more as a ninja crouched and ready to attack. I like the pose a lot for that reason. It looks like it's off balance, ready to explode into motion at any time. Good job.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wyverii, I really like everything in this new sprite apart from the bottom claw, the one that makes it look like it's on its tiptoes. Right now it looks like it's human shaped, which I don't think suits this pokemon. Apart from that, I think it's the best sprite so far.

EDIT: I've had an idea that might make it not look quite so much as if it is balancing on it's leg. Does Shoddy have those little circle shadows underneath the sprites? If not, then we need something else to distance it from the ground.

SO I am back for CAP5 with my hopefully no longer fail spriting:

Not entirely happy with the outline coloring on its left (our right) claws, will probably fix that at some point later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)