• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magmortified

<b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Our Pokemon so far:

Name: Ultimate Scout
Description: A Pokemon that is very capable of forcing the opponent to reveal vital information about their team members and their moves using various techniques.
Type: Steel / Ghost
Ability: Frisk / Limber
Stats: 80 HP / 103 Atk / 85 Def /55 SpA /80 SpD /110 Spe

Use the clicky poll above to vote for your favorite name for CAP 7.

Options:

Kitsunoh:
I've got something solid going, I think. One was more fitting for Dougs, but not horrible here. This is the one I chose.

Kitsunoh. [Kit-soo-no] (Kitsune + Noh) Kitsune is the Japanese name for Fox. Noh is the Japanese masked theater on which No Face, the inspiration for the mask design, was based. Essentailly, its a Fox Mask that doesn't sound completely lame.

Addendum:
Kit can also mean toolkit, which is what a scout would use, or a cat. Noh is really the cultural reference I was shooting for, Kitsune just flows nicely into it. "Kit" is also an apt abbreviation, hehehehe
Foxtrot:
^

How about just Foxtrot. It is simple, has a nice ring, and is not foreign.

Final: Foxtrot.

Not everything has to be drowned with sophistication or be filled hidden meaning.

Kitsunoh is the best out of a bunch of sub-standard names in my opinion. Not that it's saying much but it's only a name. I'll probably end up nicknaming it if I use one.

I think Kitsunoh is a bit more relevant. It refers both to the species and the masks. Foxtrot just seems to be a random word that happens to have fox in it.

Kitsunoh. Foxtrot, while not a horrible name, is not really the best name we can give this. At least Kitsunoh has background.

Okay, I'm not voting. However, if I were, I would cast my vote for Kitsunoh. The concept behind the name is intelligent and well thought out, and in-line with the naming behind many other Pokémon. However, I simply hate the name's phonetics. And as for the Foxtrot, I've done that dance many times, it should have nothing to do with this Pokémon.

lets go foxtrot, i like it is very simple and easy to pronounce we need more pokemon where the name is just a name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)