CAP 7 CAP 7 - Part 13b - Name Poll 3

What should we call it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Voted Kitsunoh. Not because I dislike the name Foxtrot, but it just isn't fitting for the appearance/typing. Kitsunoh sounds like it should be the Japanese name, though.

If we're honestly going to consider naming it "Kitsunoh", I think there should be a poll between "Kitsuno" and "Kitsunoh". I'm sure a lot of people would prefer a more Japanese name than a Wapanese one. Honestly, romanization is the worst thing that can happen to any foreign language.

If we're honestly going to consider naming it "Kitsunoh", I think there should be a poll between "Kitsuno" and "Kitsunoh". I'm sure a lot of people would prefer a more Japanese name than a Wapanese one. Honestly, romanization is the worst thing that can happen to any foreign language.
Um, isn't it Romanized anyway?

Besides, I'm pretty sure Deck Knight explained the significance of the "h" (see OP).

On another note, I really do not understand the knee-jerk "Wapanese" bullshit (quite a large number of voters, not picking on kaonohiokala in particular). Yes, it references a foreign language, so what? Are we going to label names with Latin and Greek roots "Watin" and "Wreek" now? IMO, it's completely unjustified and downright racist.

I really think the whole name thing should be re-done.
Most people seem to agree that both are pretty bad name options
When CAP8 comes around, it might be a wise idea to ask for what people want in the name before submitting one.

I'm not specifically talking to you ben.

Seriously though... Foxtrot is not the kind of name you give to a ghost type. It's a dance for god's sake.

Voted Kitsunoh, since it's cool 8)

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I really think the whole name thing should be re-done.
Most people seem to agree that both are pretty bad name options
No, just the loud people with no skin in the game, who either couldn't come up with one or couldn't get support.

A few people always have themselves a whinefest over every other poll or so. I sincerely doubt we'll get anything out of a "what's in a name?" thread.

Actually, I think we had one before. And absolutely nothing came out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)