CAP 7 CAP 7 - Part 14 - Sprite Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The orange shiny is pretty badass KoA. I honestly love everything about your design except the front left leg. Without a slight bend it seems like the leg is missing a joint. Aside from that, it's an amazing design! The masks are spot on (definitely the most important bit!).

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Something like this?

I quite like it too. Now I'm torn between orange and this, or "Tails and Shadow", to fit the Sonic theme, hah.

Make it lighter, and it would become silver.
This greyish.
If you look at Atyroki's you will what I mean baout silver.

But I do love this one.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

I may be away for a few days so my best bet would be to finish this up now and submit it. I didn't dull the colours as requested for good reason though I have touched up both the front and back. I removed the main mouth altogether from the female since that appears to be the popular choice. Good luck guys.
Wyv wins.. Why? The texture that you can put into sprites is incredible. Fur looks realistic, and... I actually like the design with this sprite.

Several others look good, very good even but if Wyv does not win there is something wrong with the world.

I may be away for a few days so my best bet would be to finish this up now and submit it. I didn't dull the colours as requested for good reason though I have touched up both the front and back. I removed the main mouth altogether from the female since that appears to be the popular choice. Good luck guys.
He just flushed the competition.

There won't be any upset from me this time.
Wyv's more playful take on this Pokemon is refreshing and I love the colours (shiny and non). Aragorn, meanwhile, is keeping us in suspense to see if he can follow up his incredible front sprite with an equally magnificent back sprite. This is gonna be a tough decision!

This should be the final version.

Front
Normal-----------------------------Shiny
Male----------Female----------Male----------Female

Back

This should be the final version.

Front

Back
You have my vote. I really like that shiny colors. I think grey goes pretty well for a shiny ghost.

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Atyroki, I think the above pose is brilliant and would easily get my vote. It looks dynamic and very vibrant, I really like it =). I know you went on and edited the design some more, but this pose looks the most like it is crouching. I felt your later version of it wasn't nearly quite so good as this one.

My front sprite set. I originally started off with a more dynamic leaping pose however since that particular kind of pose is fairly popular and I didn't get good results I scrapped it and used this more playful pose. I didn't want to use all of the 80x80 space since I envisioned this critter to be fairly small and fluffed him up a bit. I like the idea of using the masks to distinguish between the male/female sprites and there's no particular reason for the shiny colour (well apart from cyber suggesting it).

Well accepting criticism, comments and i'll wish everybody else entering good luck. I'll post again when i've done the backsprites and i'll incorporate any changes requested if possible before then.
I'm gonna chime in and say that these really are just perfect, though there's been plenty of nice entries. Only thing I'd say is try a darker color scheme for the normal one, atm it just doesn't quite scream ghost to me.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I dunno, CaP is notorious for always going against the grain.

First impressions seem to be the most popular, but then when it's time for the actual polls, winners come up in unexpected places. ;O

EDIT: Darkie beat me by nine seconds. ;O

If Wyverii would tweak her tail so it looked fox-like instead of dog-like (less curly, more bushy), It would totally have my vote.

Although I really like Cartoons! and Aragornbird's sprites, I think Chaoscrippler's sprite is closest to the spriting and pose style of D/P's sprites. The only thing I would change about Chaos' sprite is moving the shoulder mask a bit closer the head and tilting it forward just a bit. Think you could try that ChaosC?

Okay, so I think I'm done with the front sprites. I want to start working on the backsprites now.

Although I really like Cartoons! and Aragornbird's sprites, I think Chaoscrippler's sprite is closest to the spriting and pose style of D/P's sprites. The only thing I would change about Chaos' sprite is moving the shoulder mask a bit closer the head and tilting it forward just a bit. Think you could try that ChaosC?
Once I'm done with everything I might try it, but I dunno at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)