CAP 8 CAP 8 - Concept Assessment

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not like tinted lens is going to be the only choice of ability out there. All the others will be available, I'm just trying to promote the concept and have tinted lens allowed. I don't understand why you feel the need to ban tinted lens, to limit whatever few people would use it, to force them to pick something else...

If we wanted something that would compete with Tinted Lens, and remain quite usable, we would probably need to use something that's as good as it in scale. Many of the more-neglected abilities may not rise to this level...

I'm not saying Tinted Lens should be banned. I think it most certainly shouldn't. I thought I got that across.
It's just that while I don't think it should be banned, I don't really think we should choose it either.

I honestly think we should try to go for one of those abilities on a higher priority level than those like Tinted Lens. This concept may be one of their only chances to shine in the metagame, and we should take it to it's fullest advantage.
Why can't any of those "higher priority" abilities wait until a future CAP instead? Surely they'll have their time to shine. I'm reading "let's pick an ability that sucks," because if it doesn't suck, it would be just as eligible for future CAP pokemon as anything else (in this case, Tinted Lens). This concept is not about picking the most neglected ability which you seem to be doing, so perhaps you should drop that ideal. We'll have a list of abilities available come poll time and from there we will pick the one that will best suit the pokemon, not the one that is the least common or the least likely to shine.

EDIT: Okay, sorry but do you read Lord Gloom? or are you blatantly skipping the part where is says, "underavalued," to make your argument look that much stronger. You've completely disregarded my previous messages regarding to this wild accusation, and it's getting kind of annoying replying when you just blow of what I say.
Are you ignoring the because? It's specifically talking about abilities that are undervalued because the Pokemon with them suck. This thread isn't for talking about what is and what isn't an undervalued ability, so I'm just abiding by what the concept states. I don't see how I can make it any more clear than that.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Are you ignoring the fact that Yanmega is UU. Do you want to know why it's UU, because it's a mediocre (not good) Pokemon. If it's a mediocre Pokemon "neglecting" and ability, how does that not make my suggestion fit the concept. It's an undervalued ability on an average Pokemon. It all..starts to make sense now doesn't it.

Why can't any of those "higher priority" abilities wait until a future CAP instead? Surely they'll have their time to shine. I'm reading "let's pick an ability that sucks," because if it doesn't suck, it would be just as eligible for future CAP pokemon as anything else (in this case, Tinted Lens). This concept is not about picking the most neglected ability which you seem to be doing, so perhaps you should drop that ideal.
They can wait. It's just that there's often a better, more overused ability that will probably end up being more popular.

I'm not saying lets pick one that sucks. I'm saying pick a more-neglected ability. Tinted Lens IS neglected, but there are ones that are even MORE neglected that that they may never get a good chance to shine. This concept is a perfect opportunity, and I think we should put it to full use.

It's an undervalued ability on an average Pokemon. It all..starts to make sense now doesn't it.
The concept says to choose a great ability that's stuck on a crappy Pokemon, so it therefor ends up seeing little to no use, because of the Pokemon's crappyness. Your missing the concept.

If we wanted something that would compete with Tinted Lens, and remain quite usable, we would probably need to use something that's as good as it in scale.
A lot of those abilities have the exact same potential to compete with tinted lens. I just believe it would be wrong to not use a clearly "neglected ability" because you believe other abilities are "more neglected".

SoT

is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The concept says to choose a great ability that's stuck on a crappy Pokemon, so it therefor ends up seeing little to no use, because of the Pokemon's crappyness. Your missing the concept.

No...you can't read. I said undervalued, I'm pretty sure that means good, just not appreciated, which in theory means it's a good ability...The ability sees little to no use, since the Pokemon is a poor Pokemon, and relies on the other ability to get use. Funny how again..logic works.

It's not your, by the way. It's you're. Thanks, sorry pet peeve.

I'm going to argue that Yanmega should be considered OU for the purposes of the CaP metagame. I guess this boils down to differing definitions here. Yanmega is UU in normal, but we aren't designing this Pokemon for the normal metagame, we're designing it for CaP, where Yanmega does get enough usage for me to think him OU in this situation.

The ability sees little to no use, since the Pokemon is a poor Pokemon
You just said minutes ago it wasn't a poor Pokemon. That it was in fact quite average. And Yanmega is actually quite good in the CAP Metagame. It's nowhere near a crappy Pokemon. Which misses the concept of what we're supposed to be trying to do.

Again, we're arguing over opinions now...
This is getting us nowhere.

I mean look at it this way, if tinted lens was an animate object, I would feel sorry for it. It's good, but everyone would rather use speed boost. I mean how undervalued and abused can you get?

I mean look at it this way, if tinted lens was an animate object, I would feel sorry for it. It's good, but everyone would rather use speed boost. I mean how undervalued and abused can you get?
That's not what the concept is though. Your making up your own description of the concept.

We're supposed to be taking a great ability, that sees no use because the owners of it are bad Pokemon, and never get a chance to use it.
Not just any ability that falls under the word "neglected".

Read over the concept again, please.

SoT

Dude Average and Poor go hand in hand. Being average makes you a nobody, you don't want that. It's "bad" as in not good. Unless you're having trouble understanding that. I was being nice and calling it Average a minute ago, since if I came straight out and said, Yanmega is a shit Pokemon, you guys would go completely off topic like you just did there. Funny.

Lord Gloom, can you freakin read. He said I missed the point, when in fact, I was right on. Jesus christ, it's getting to the point where it's annoying. And are you aware of the EDIT button. It helps so you don't constantly double post. Try it out, thanks.

Edit: Please don't go telling people to re-read stuff when you yourself need to read the posts/concept again. Thanks.

Edit 2: | 45 | Yanmega | 68 | 3.42 |

hahahhahahah wow man, that is soo used! OU definitely.

We're supposed to be taking a great ability, that sees no use because the owners of it are bad Pokemon, and never get a chance to use it.
Not just any ability that falls under the word "neglected".
How does this not fit Tinted Lens?

And Lord Gloom, I take it you're under the impression that if it's on an OU pokemon, it's not neglected, correct? You'll have to mess with Hustle then, which a definite as of right now, which is on a solid OU pokemon (both CAP and Standard).

I just wanted to point this out as you guys seem hell bent on trying to pick clean every word in EM's brief description. You know what's on the not-allowed list? Shed skin. You know why that's funny? EM clearly wrote that ability as an example and it got banned. We're trying to follow the actual concept here, not attempting to abuse a one sentence rough outline description.

Edit: Thanks m190049 for telling me to re-read it, I in fact did, and found you guys to be even more wrong than I originally thought.

How does this not fit Tinted Lens?

And Lord Gloom, I take it you're under the impression that if it's on an OU pokemon, it's not neglected, correct? You'll have to mess with Hustle then, which a definite as of right now, which is on a solid OU pokemon (both CAP and Standard).
I've already said that I would argue against Hustle.

Gooey Kablooie said:
just wanted to point this out as you guys seem hell bent on trying to pick clean every word in EM's brief description. You know what's on the not-allowed list? Shed skin. You know why that's funny? EM clearly wrote that ability as an example and it got banned.
As it should have been by EM's definition. Revenankh gets Shed Skin.

Dude Average and Poor go hand in hand.
Really, they don't.
Poor means "below-average".
since if I came straight out and said, Yanmega is a shit Pokemon
Yanmega ISN'T a shit Pokemon though. It's quite good.
when in fact, I was right on.
No, really, your not.
Were supposed to be taking a good ability that is stuck on crappy pokemon, and therefore sees no use because it is forced onto these crappy Pokemon.
Edit: Please don't go telling people to re-read stuff when you yourself need to read the posts/concept again. Thanks.
Seriously. Just quickly read it over. Here, I'll make it easy.

This pokemon will have an ability [or two] that is currently undervalued (but possibly very helpful) in the metagame but isn't used because the other pokemon with this ability don't have the stats or movepool to make it work.
Yanmega DOES have the status and movepool to make Tinted Lens work.
Therefore, it doesn't fall under the concept.
What don't you get.

You know what's on the not-allowed list? Shed skin.
It's un the not-allowed list because it's already used on Rev. He says this himself.

SoT

Considering there's 49 Pokemon in regular OU, I would say that qualifies it in a game with 7 more Pokemon.

I'm pretty sure that since this server isn't exactly standard the OU limit is drawn a lot higher, say...pokemon who see at least...5-10% of usage? 3.4 Usage doesn't qualify as OU. And again, off-topic, may we please get back on topic.

Edit: Yanmega see's 3% usage a month. That ability sees play in less than one percent of battles. Yanmega is a UU Pokemon, and has been declining in usage every month. With all these facts complied up, you get a shitty pokemon. That ability that isn't being used at all, is neglected. If you're having trouble adding 1 + 1, I'll sum it up for you. You get a "below-average" pokemon, with 2 abilities, 1 ability outshines the other one. The abiliy not seeing use is classified as NEGLECTED. Thanks, have a nice day.

I already tried that, and basically what I was trying to get across to him was that he already said he'll take EM's or cyberzero's opinion on this. By using hustle as an example because it's clear both EM and cyberzero approved of it, it nullifies his whole argument about tinted lens.

That seems so extremely arbitrary to me. What exactly exempts Yanmega from being considered OU in CaP, besides the fact that it's UU in Regular and the number you put up solely to be intentionally higher than Yanmega's usage?

SoT

No, it's just that...I fail to see how a pokemon is OVERused with 3% usages...that's 3 times..every one hundred battles just in case you didn't know. The thing that gets me is...what is Borderline? would that be like...1%? Less than 1%? Maybe even a .5% right? I mean you don't have to much space to work with when your OU cutoff is at 3% now do you?

IYanmega see's 3% usage a month. That ability sees play in less than one percent of battles. Yanmega is a UU Pokemon, and has been declining in usage every month. With all these facts complied up, you get a shitty pokemon.
Not really. Just because people aren't using it doesn't mean Yanmega is bad. Yanmega HAS the status and movepool to make Tinted Lens work.
Therefore, IT DOENS'T FALL UNDER THE CONCEPT.

That ability that isn't being used at all, is neglected. If you're having trouble adding 1 + 1, I'll sum it up for you. You get a "below-average" pokemon, with 2 abilities, 1 ability outshines the other one. The abiliy not seeing use is classified as NEGLECTED. Thanks, have a nice day.
We're not taking random neglected abilities that can be used viably.

We're taking good abilities that aren't seen for the reason being that the Pokemon it is attached to sucks.

Yanmega does not suck.

What are you missing here.

No, it's just that...I fail to see how a pokemon is OVERused with 3% usages...that's 3 times..every one hundred battles just in case you didn't know. The thing that gets me is...what is Borderline? would that be like...1%? Less than 1%? Maybe even a .5% right? I mean you don't have to much space to work with when your OU cutoff is at 3% now do you?
OU doesn't always specifically relate to usage, unlike the name suggests.
Note that another name for the OU tier is the standard tier.

The worst part is the Yanmega in discussion here has already been shown to actually be used less than 1% of the time...

The worst part is the Yanmega in discussion here has already been shown to actually be used less than 1% of the time...
When compared to every Pokemon used in total ever.
The 5 billion (obvious exaggeration) Salamences in the world.

25% of Yanmega use it. One out of every four of them.
That is far from never seen.

The fact that Yanmega is rarely seen doesn't change the fact that on the Yenmega that ARE seen, it isn't genially "rare".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)