CAP 8 CAP 8 - Part 3 - Secondary Type Poll 2

What should our Secondary Type be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragon because I'm a little bandwagoner who hasn't participated in any other polls and I just want a cool looking sprite. Also I think SR weakness is the end of the world.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
An Electric/Bug is an awesome idea. Sure, there's the whole SR weakness, but then people might actually start using Spinners again. :D

Electric/Dragon would immediately be seen as an offensive Pokemon, because its two weaknesses (Dragon and Ice) are really common attacking types because of the fact that there are so many dragons and dragon counters. As for Electric/Bug, you have Fire and Rock. Fire is common, but Rock is only common in the form of SR. Offensively, there isn't much there, but defensively, there is so much opportunity. I think a defensive Pokemon with 2 weaknesses should be able to get around a 25% SR weakness, if you count Leftovers and whatever the Ability is.

A while back in French class, I created an Electric/Bug Pokemon. It was totally broken, though.

Yay I'm the 201st voter, bandwagoning with dragon seeing how it is going to probably win, even though I think it is going to be rigged.

Well just to clear things up. even if dragon has no support (not saying thats true) it's only a secondary typing, electric can make up for some of the faults of dragon and vice versa. And I will vote Dragon

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm not crazy about either of the types here, but I'm going for Dragon because I think that we can accomplish more with the typing. I do not see the value in Bug whatsoever, other than perhaps the Ground neutrality.

lol, I clicked the wrong button. I always thought people were stupid for clicking the wrong thing, and now look at me. Not that it matters.

What I meant to vote was Dragon. Much like Beej I'm not "thrilled" to have the typing, but it sure as hell beats Bug. The primary reasons behind Bug is neutrality to ground. But upon reflection, I would much rather deal with a Ground weakness than a Rock weakness, especially when the Rock weakness doesn't even grant immunity to Ground (like a flying type would). It's a lose lose, as even neutral Ground attacks are going to hurt, but when coupled with Stealth Rock, it's just too much. Again, I'm not fond of Dragon and think we'll either have an overwhelming CAP or a dud, but I'll roll with that.

Both these are very offensive typings, being kinda awful defensively (Electric/Dragon: weak to Ice, Dragon and Ground, Electric/Bug: Weak to Fire, Rock and Fighting) which is pretty much what I was hoping the final poll won't boil down to. If I had to choose one, though, I'd go for Bug.

Chomzloh, Bug isn't week against fighting, but resists it. That's also why I voted for Electric/Bug for the type of this CAP. I'd really like this Pokemon to be able to survive at least one Infernape/Lucario Close Combat or an Arghonaut Cross Chop.

Definitely Dragon if it comes down to these two.
As shown in my previous analysis, Water was the obvious best choice, with Fighting and Dragon being seconds. Bug should not even be considered with that HORRIBLE SR weakness.

eh, it ould hve been intereting to ee ht ould hve hppened if ter hd mde it to the poll, becue if I thought ter hd chnce of beting Drgon, I'd vote for tht... orry, I'm jut rely not feling the Drgon....
That was a mission to read. But I agree that. I believe Water would have done well in this poll without 14 other typings to rip away from it. Poison voters likely would have backed it along with those "not wanting dragon but hating bug." It would have been right up there in the polls, even if that didn't show in the bold vote. However, I still think it would have fallen short of Dragon. "Oh well."

The really annoying thing about this poll, is that Part I received 197 votes total, and this has already received 233 votes. That means 36 new voters, who took no part in Part I, and may not even have briefly flicked through the discussion, have voted. Drive-by voters are blargh. This is why I don't like click-polls.

Aww, Electric/Fire really didn't get any love at all!
Anyway, while both options are awesome, it's true that there hasn't been a Dragon type CAP yet. So that's where my vote will be going. I look forward to seeing the further development of this one!

bug, i dont think i could stand another dragon which will ultimately come down to something that just dances around outraging and draco meteoring things and will ultimately be generic sweeper unless defensive...which could be cool :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)