Creative (and good) Movesets (READ THE OP FIRST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be better to run U-Turn over Bug Bite simply because a good reason to run that is to bluff a band?

Been running this Abomasnow on my Hail team and it's been working wonders.

Abomasnow @ Leftovers
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 60 HP / 220 Atk / 120 SAtk / 108 Spd
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer

This set beats the majority of the top of the usage. The Speed outspeeds most Skarmory and Tyranitar. It sets up on Tenta, Starmie, Jelly, Rotom-W, most Gliscor, Politoed, etc.

Most offensive Zapdos set you see either has Leftovers or Roost on or something else. But here is this Zapdos set that won me many battles by causing massive destruction so many times.

Zapdos @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice/Grass]
- Agility​
Speaking of Zapdos. I use a very similar one to this, instead of Agility, i use Charge. It raises special defense, and makes it's electric moves double in power. It rarely misses out on a kill in a game. And just now, i have killed an Umbreon from pretty much full health (i dont know what EV's it had.)

Speaking of Zapdos. I use a very similar one to this, instead of Agility, i use Charge. It raises special defense, and makes it's electric moves double in power. It rarely misses out on a kill in a game. And just now, i have killed an Umbreon from pretty much full health (i dont know what EV's it had.)
Why not use charge beam? It is a permanent sAtk boost.

haunter

Banned deucer.
If you're going to use Zapdos as a sweeper then then speed boost is much more valuable than the special defense one. There are many Pokemon in OU that are faster than 100 base and can ohko Zapdos (Terrakion, Latios, Landorus etc) so being able to outspeed them may be vital in order to not see your sweep stopped immediately.

Charge beam can work on baton pass sets but its base power is too low to sweep with it.

Wouldn't it be better to run U-Turn over Bug Bite simply because a good reason to run that is to bluff a band?
not really, bug bite stops the wasting of sword dances that would come from u-turn... counters like heatran & rotom in various formes need to be taken out before this guy can get up to much, but once set up, the idea is to stay in... works best with hazards set up, although that's pretty standard...

This is a half-joke half-serious set.

So everyone and their mothers thought rivalry sucked on haxorus. Here is a simple solution:

Attraxorus!

Haxorus (M) @ Draco Plate / Leftovers
Trait: Rivalry
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Swords Dance / Dragon Dance
- Attract
- Outrage

So with the advent of people realizing that their walls should vary in genders to prevent stuff like attract sweeps or rivalry crap, rivalry has fallen in favor. The fact that PO randomizes genders on pokemons by default doesnt help. This Haxorus, however, takes advantage of this.

So, it scares off a poke, and lures in a wall while it substitutes (or swords dance is better in some cases). Lets say its a Skarmory, the best haxorus counter.

Lets say the Skarmory is a MALE! since my haxorus is male too, i get to slam it hard with a +2 draco plate, rivalry boosted outrage.. here are the calcs:

Detailed Result: 252 +2 Atk Draco Plate Rivalry Haxorus (+Atk) Outrage vs 252 HP/232 Def Skarmory (+Def) : 60.78% - 71.56%
Entry hazards damage: 41
After entry hazards: 244 - 280 (73.05% - 83.83%)
2 hits to KO (with Leftovers)
Guranteed 2hko, almost OHKO with some previoud damages. Outstanding, now the premier physical wall is gone.

If the skarmory is a FEMALE, you'd normally be in trouble. Rivalry DECREASES your power. However, this Haxorus is very sexy and can utilize attract. Now the skarmory has a 50% chance of being immobilized, 50% chance that Skarmory can be defeated. If skarmory is immobilized, (which seems like wayy over 50), then here are the calcs when haxorus gets an extra +2 more.

Detailed Result: 252 +4 Atk Draco Plate Rivalry Haxorus (+Atk) Outrage vs 252 HP/232 Def Skarmory (+Def) : 54.79% - 64.67%
Entry hazards damage: 41
After entry hazards: 224 - 257 (67.07% - 76.95%)
2 hits to KO (with Leftovers)
As you can see, it is still a guranteed 2hko.
With this Haxorus, you can basically gurantee a 2hko on skarmory 75% of the time. (50% chance skarm is male, and 50% of the 50% that skarm is female is that she will be immobilized.)

75% is pretty high, as that is higher than the accuracy of focus miss.

This can work pretty well on hyper offensive teams or All dragon teams looking to get rid of skarmory. This works on things like ferrothorn and gliscor too. only bummer is bronzong walls this, but who uses bronzongs?? lol

EDIT: why is this better than the one on site?

higher chance of beating skarmory.

EDIT2: a better justification of the usage of this set is that, WHEN DRAGON DANCE IS USED OVER SWORDS DANCE, HAXORUS HAS A CHANCE TO BEAT SKARMORY AT +1 and rivalry boost, as it does 46% ~ 54% a guaranteed 2HKO with rocks. This solely makes it pretty good for OU, although if SKARMORY is a female and you carry dragon dance, good luck with the attraction.

great set, it's good to see haxorus having a chance to do something other dragons cant
Can you add in calcs for ferrothorn, bronzong and a max/max gliscor who uses protect?
I'd be curious to see how it performs against other walls

tehy

Banned deucer.
Quick question-how do you find out if skarm is female or male? If you outrage and you're wrong, you're screwed-same thing with attract and male.

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Quick question-how do you find out if skarm is female or male? If you outrage and you're wrong, you're screwed-same thing with attract and male.
Its shown in the titlebar of the pokemon where the HP Percentage and pokemon name are. Although I do agree that this set is very circumstantial, and with PO now randomizing genders would only work about 50% of the time(even then they can attack through attract and Haxorus doesn't have the best defences).

yup.

both in game and on PO and PS the genders are shown.

and while this may be circumstancial, given that genders are randomized, there is a 75% chance of beating skarmory flat out if you carry swords dance, and something like 65 percent (or something between 50 and 75 for dragon dance. (this is all given that genders are randomized.) and for the case of using dragon dance, if skarmory is gone, its a straight out 6-0 sweep for haxorus, and at something above 50 percent chance, its not that bad.

@ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 232 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Reflect Type
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

This is another really underrated set, Reflect Type Starmie. This set allows Starmie to dodge pursuit trappers, and can beat some of its checks 1v1. Scald is for the burn rate, over Surf / Hydro Pump, because this set is more stall orientated, Rapid Spin to get rid of hazards which can kill Volt-Turn which relies so much on getting hazards up and keep momentum, and Recover to help Recover any damage from hazards. 252 HP and 232 Speed EVs so that you can reach 356 Speed, outspeeding all 355 speed Pokemon (Sorry, I don't remember the base speed of that), and the max HP for hits, as mentioned before. The rest gets dumped into defense, to take defensive orientated hits better. This set can beat Ferrothorn, non-Scarf Tyranitar, and any other Pursuit trapper, while being able to switch out safely from Pursuit, which can be the bane to Starmie.

This is a set I have been using for a while. It was with a non OU pokemon, hitmonlee. Don't mock it. The set was inspired on a battle I was in with a hitmonlee the nearly killed my team virtually by itself. Forgive me that I couldn't use a picture, Chrome and all.

Hitmonlee@normal gem
Trait: unburden
Evs: 252 atk, 4 hp, 252 speed
nature: Adamant
moves:
Close combat
Stone edge
Fake out
Blaze kick

I remember the first time with this. It not only chewed an entire team up. It also clean killed the ever feared Terrakion, one of the mightiest physical attackers of OU. How it works is pretty straight forward. Come in on something once priority is out of the equation. (or atleast non stab priority attacks are the problem. typically only one attack.) Use fake out, Then press attack to kill. Once unburden activates, some of ou's finest are not that much of a match against it. The only pokemon that can survive its onslaughts are the latis or the occasional rotoms, Other than that, it is a prayer to miss.

This is a set I have been using for a while. It was with a non OU pokemon, hitmonlee. Don't mock it. The set was inspired on a battle I was in with a hitmonlee the nearly killed my team virtually by itself. Forgive me that I couldn't use a picture, Chrome and all.

Hitmonlee@normal gem
Trait: unburden
Evs: 252 atk, 4 hp, 252 speed
nature: Adamant
moves:
Close combat
Stone edge
Fake out
Blaze kick

I remember the first time with this. It not only chewed an entire team up. It also clean killed the ever feared Terrakion, one of the mightiest physical attackers of OU. How it works is pretty straight forward. Come in on something once priority is out of the equation. (or atleast non stab priority attacks are the problem. typically only one attack.) Use fake out, Then press attack to kill. Once unburden activates, some of ou's finest are not that much of a match against it. The only pokemon that can survive its onslaughts are the latis or the occasional rotoms, Other than that, it is a prayer to miss.
ಠ__ಠ At least make sure the set isn't onsite already

Knight of Cydonia

I COULD BE BANNED!
@ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 232 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Reflect Type
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

This is another really underrated set, Reflect Type Starmie. This set allows Starmie to dodge pursuit trappers, and can beat some of its checks 1v1. Scald is for the burn rate, over Surf / Hydro Pump, because this set is more stall orientated, Rapid Spin to get rid of hazards which can kill Volt-Turn which relies so much on getting hazards up and keep momentum, and Recover to help Recover any damage from hazards. 252 HP and 232 Speed EVs so that you can reach 356 Speed, outspeeding all 355 speed Pokemon (Sorry, I don't remember the base speed of that), and the max HP for hits, as mentioned before. The rest gets dumped into defense, to take defensive orientated hits better. This set can beat Ferrothorn, non-Scarf Tyranitar, and any other Pursuit trapper, while being able to switch out safely from Pursuit, which can be the bane to Starmie.
That set has already been posted in this thread here.

Ok since this seems to be happening a bit more often than I'm comfortable with, I'm going to make it perfectly clear: Do NOT post sets without testing them a fair amount.

special defensive armaldo
adamant@leftovers
252hp 252special defence
swift swim
knock off
rapid spin
x scissor
stone edge

I seriously dont know why people dont use this guy more as he can be so anti metagame.
in rain he gets double speed and in sand he becomes very bulky. knock off and rapid spin are very good utility moves. pair this with choice band ttar and pursuit trap the spinblocker.
this is just a great set in general.
i also pair him with a wishbliss as he does get worn down due to stealth rock weakness

Optimus Prime Golurk:
252hp 252attack 4special attack
brave
@leftovers iron fist
substitute
focus punch
shadow punch
ice beam

Having problems with terrakion? Optimus is here to help.
Iron fist will power up both focus punch and shadow punch.
Focus punch and shadow punch provide perfect neutral coverage.
ice beam does around 90% to gliscor,who often switches in.

special defensive armaldo
adamant@leftovers
252hp 252special defence
swift swim
knock off
rapid spin
x scissor
stone edge

I seriously dont know why people dont use this guy more as he can be so anti metagame.
in rain he gets double speed and in sand he becomes very bulky. knock off and rapid spin are very good utility moves. pair this with choice band ttar and pursuit trap the spinblocker.
this is just a great set in general.
i also pair him with a wishbliss as he does get worn down due to stealth rock weakness
Drizzle + Swift Swim is banned AFAIK.
Now I don't play much OU so I couldn't tell if it's viable or not but it certainly seems interesting...

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 Def / 120 SpA / 136 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Acid Spray
- Confuse Ray

I've used this set many, many times before, and it works wonders if Tentacruel avoids Earthquake and boosted Psychic. EVs are set up to capitalize on Tentacruel's special moves while also outspeeding any non-scarf Gyarados, Metagross, and opposing Tentacruel. Liquid Ooze is used over Rain Dish, as it's been helpful various times to punish Ferrothorn for using Leech Seed and Scrafty for using Drain Punch. Despite not using Tentacruel on a weatherless team, nobody expects Liquid Ooze.

Rapid Spin is a supporting staple to the team. Confuse Ray works very often in stopping opponents dead in their tracks. More times than not, using Confuse Ray either forces a switch or gives me a free turn or two. Following up with Acid Spray any thing not Steel-type is recommended, as the two-stage SpD drop is extremely useful. If they still haven't switched (which from my experience, a lot of people get overconfident and not switch after all), Scald is a powerful follow up, as the SpA EVs in conjunction with STAB and the -2 SpD drop places most anything without high SpD or a resistance into a OHKO to 2HKO range. Additional insult to injury if you burn them as well.

Summed up, this Tentacruel set is extremely helpful in that it surprises the opponent and overwhelms them before they catch on that Tentacruel can harass and hit hard.

dugtrio
@arenatrap with focus band
ev's 252 att 252 speed jolly
earthquake
stone edge
Reversal
sucker punch

well this set is way good when paired with rapid spinner or magic mirror user because entry hazards are bad for it. But I usually bring this thing out early on a sure kill, fake the band, and then crush them if they think I have to switch, or use a max power reversal or any other move if they hit you, this thing can usually get two kills a game, and can sweep slow beaten down teams in the end game. magnazone is a great partner because dual trapping is sick, and it can take out the main counters, ferrothorn, skarmory, and scizor, othe than that the only things that can kill you are faster scarf pokemon, but dugtrio still out speeds even jolly scarf tyranitar and a couple other slow scarfed pokemon

Uhh, you mean Focus Sash right? Focus Band isn't guaranteed to work.
If it is Focus Sash, then that's a pretty standard Dugtrio set. Check the Smogon analysis page first.

Scizor@Wacan Berry
-Bullet punch
-Natural Gift
-Bug Bite
- Superpower

No more Gyarados problems <3

Houndoom-Focus Sash
Naive Nature
252spd, 200 spattack, 52 attack
~Reversal
~Overheat
~Dark Pulse
~Sucker Punch

This set lets you beat Snorlax and Empoleon, while retaining its offensive capabilites. Overheat is used as a strong STAB move which doesnt weaken sucker punch and reversal afterward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)