Creative (and good) Movesets (READ THE OP FIRST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This is a half-joke half-serious set.

So everyone and their mothers thought rivalry sucked on haxorus. Here is a simple solution:

Attraxorus!

Haxorus (M) @ Draco Plate / Leftovers
Trait: Rivalry
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Swords Dance / Dragon Dance
- Attract
- Outrage

So with the advent of people realizing that their walls should vary in genders to prevent stuff like attract sweeps or rivalry crap, rivalry has fallen in favor. The fact that PO randomizes genders on pokemons by default doesnt help. This Haxorus, however, takes advantage of this.

So, it scares off a poke, and lures in a wall while it substitutes (or swords dance is better in some cases). Lets say its a Skarmory, the best haxorus counter.

Lets say the Skarmory is a MALE! since my haxorus is male too, i get to slam it hard with a +2 draco plate, rivalry boosted outrage.. here are the calcs:

Guranteed 2hko, almost OHKO with some previoud damages. Outstanding, now the premier physical wall is gone.

If the skarmory is a FEMALE, you'd normally be in trouble. Rivalry DECREASES your power. However, this Haxorus is very sexy and can utilize attract. Now the skarmory has a 50% chance of being immobilized, 50% chance that Skarmory can be defeated. If skarmory is immobilized, (which seems like wayy over 50), then here are the calcs when haxorus gets an extra +2 more.

As you can see, it is still a guranteed 2hko.
With this Haxorus, you can basically gurantee a 2hko on skarmory 75% of the time. (50% chance skarm is male, and 50% of the 50% that skarm is female is that she will be immobilized.)

75% is pretty high, as that is higher than the accuracy of focus miss.

This can work pretty well on hyper offensive teams or All dragon teams looking to get rid of skarmory. This works on things like ferrothorn and gliscor too. only bummer is bronzong walls this, but who uses bronzongs?? lol

EDIT: why is this better than the one on site?

higher chance of beating skarmory.

EDIT2: a better justification of the usage of this set is that, WHEN DRAGON DANCE IS USED OVER SWORDS DANCE, HAXORUS HAS A CHANCE TO BEAT SKARMORY AT +1 and rivalry boost, as it does 46% ~ 54% a guaranteed 2HKO with rocks. This solely makes it pretty good for OU, although if SKARMORY is a female and you carry dragon dance, good luck with the attraction.
There is something very wrong with what you are saying.

You say that if a Skarmory of the opposite gender comes in, then you use Attract, and then have a 50% chance to 2hko. This is false, because in order to be able to 2hko opposite gender Skarmory you must be at +4. And to get at +4 you want 2 free turns, one when you use Attract, and one as you use SD for the second time. And this happens only 25% of the time, which is not reliable at all, and kinda ruins your strategy.

dugtrio
@arenatrap with focus band
ev's 252 att 252 speed jolly
earthquake
stone edge
Reversal
sucker punch

well this set is way good when paired with rapid spinner or magic mirror user because entry hazards are bad for it. But I usually bring this thing out early on a sure kill, fake the band, and then crush them if they think I have to switch, or use a max power reversal or any other move if they hit you, this thing can usually get two kills a game, and can sweep slow beaten down teams in the end game. magnazone is a great partner because dual trapping is sick, and it can take out the main counters, ferrothorn, skarmory, and scizor, othe than that the only things that can kill you are faster scarf pokemon, but dugtrio still out speeds even jolly scarf tyranitar and a couple other slow scarfed pokemon
Someone used a cool dugtrio on me once. It pretty much only works when the opponent is choiced though, so it's very unreliable. But when it works, you're set to win pretty much.

I cant be sure of EV's/Nature obviously but if i made the set, i'd give it this:

Dugtrio @ Focus sash
Arena Trap
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Hp/Def/SpD Adamant/Jolly
Substitute
Hone Claws
EQ
Stone Edge

The person who i played had a Gyarados too, so i stupidly used a Choice locked ThunderBolt, forgetting about Dugtrio and Arena Trap. So he got a Sub and +6 Atk/Acc. Thankfully, priority can get Dugtrio, but it is a decent set if used correctly.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Pretty sure this is an established concept already, not sure if it's got an analysis but i've seen it talked about before.

It's also not all that effective in OU, not that many choiced special attackers, mostly magnezone and occasionally jolteon, but jolt is really better w/LO anyhow. latios may or may not have tbolt but generally lacks it.

Victini @ Leftovers
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- V-create
- Brick Break
- Fusion Bolt

This set is actually amazing. I don't have time to do a full analysis, but TR Victini is amazing against HO teams, and almost any team. It has the ability to hit both Tyranitar and Politoed super effectively as well, and the majority of the metagame is 2HKO'd by Victini.

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I think all the creative movesets have been discovered already...

Sucks that originality died some years ago...
creative sets are being developed constantly. Although it may seem like many of the possibilities have been drawn out, there are still plenty more to be made and used. Stuff like SubTerrakion and Sunny Day Venusaur weren't popular at the beginning of BW, or even around the time of Exca ban. These sets are perfect examples showing that creativity is still alive and that it just needs a little bit more effort and time to be successful.

Victini @ Leftovers
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- V-create
- Brick Break
- Fusion Bolt

This set is actually amazing. I don't have time to do a full analysis, but TR Victini is amazing against HO teams, and almost any team. It has the ability to hit both Tyranitar and Politoed super effectively as well, and the majority of the metagame is 2HKO'd by Victini.
Awesome set, but I was wondering if iron ball would be a legitimate choice for the item? Even with no speed ivs, and a speed lowering nature, victini's still pretty fast.

This set has pissed SO MANY people off and won me many matches:

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

Jirachi is pretty evil to face no matter what variant it is, especially paraflinch jirachi. This is the same idea... but it uses a choice scarf to become faster than opponents instead of paralysis. Yes, it's completely luck-based and very unfair. Does that make it bad? Not really.
If you have Choice Scarf, you don't really need body slam to spread around paralysis as you're already faster. Something like trick or u-turn for incoming counters, or even thunderpunch as a more offensive option would be better. Regardless, this set is already posted as an analysis here.

This is an awesome Roserade set for the sun
EVs: 4HP 252Spa 252Spe
Nature: Modest
Item: Choice scarf
Moves:
Solarbeam
Weather Ball
Sludge Bomb
Leaf Storm

The Sun boosted weather ball really catches people off guard, the leaf storm is for the situations when you don't have sun up, also, it can be used if you need as much damage as possible. I use modest nature because this already has high speed with choice scarf.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I know, I know, what the FUCK am I thinking?

Forretress @ Choice Band
Brave
Sturdy
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
0 IV Speed
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Payback
- Volt Switch

Despite originating on an intentional gimmick team, this is a set I've been using to surprising effect on a newer, more serious team. Since Forretress is usually a slow, pathetically weak spinner, people let their guard down and switch in something that can quickly dispatch it or another Spinner. Let's just say that Espeon didn't expect a OHKO from Gyro Ball. Choice Band Forretress trumps even most of the lower-tier Pokemon I've used competitively in its sheer "what the hell is this guy thinking" factor. All of the physical moves are a no-brainer (although Explosion could fit somewhere) and Volt Switch is for simple scouting. It's not uncommon for Forretress to forgo Leftovers for Shed Shell, so bluffing the shell works as well. Gyro Ball has ridiculous power. Heatran and Magnezone fall to Earthquake. Payback works against the opponent; since I'm so slow and Forry often induces (not forces, mind you) switches, it's amazingly powerful.

Make fun of me and my weird set all you want, but I'm still using it.

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but...

Victini@ Choice Scarf
Jolly
Victory Star
252 HP/4 Atk/252 Spe

-U-Turn
-V-Create
-Fusion Bolt
-Final Gambit

Pretty much, although this is gimmicky, the point of this Victini is pretty much to blow up one of the other team's pokemon. Full HP EVs mean you have 404 HP, which is a fair amount. You may be wondering, how can this Victini go BOOM? Use Final Gambit. Final Gambit kills you, but takes whatever HP you have when you use it, and hits the enemy with it. For example, if I use Final Gambit when this Victini is at full HP(404 HP) then the opponent will lose 404 HP, which cam actually KO a lot of pokemon in the metagame. U-Turn for scouting, and V-Create and Fusion Bolt are for damage, when needed. Choice Scarf and full Speed EVs to outspeed most pokemon and go BOOM.

Victini@ Choice Scarf
Jolly
Victory Star
252 HP/4 Atk/252 Spe

-U-Turn
-V-Create
-Fusion Bolt
-Final Gambit

Pretty much, although this is gimmicky, the point of this Victini is pretty much to blow up one of the other team's pokemon. Full HP EVs mean you have 404 HP, which is a fair amount. You may be wondering, how can this Victini go BOOM? Use Final Gambit. Final Gambit kills you, but takes whatever HP you have when you use it, and hits the enemy with it. For example, if I use Final Gambit when this Victini is at full HP(404 HP) then the opponent will lose 404 HP, which cam actually KO a lot of pokemon in the metagame. U-Turn for scouting, and V-Create and Fusion Bolt are for damage, when needed. Choice Scarf and full Speed EVs to outspeed most pokemon and go BOOM.
This has an on-site analysis already, so it isn't considered creative. Try to post sets that aren't in on-site analyses (but make sure they're good sets, as in, they work!). ;)

Victini@ Choice Scarf
Jolly
Victory Star
252 HP/4 Atk/252 Spe

-U-Turn
-V-Create
-Fusion Bolt
-Final Gambit

This set is already onsite here (3rd option from the top) with only slightly different EVs. Next time make sure your set isn't already on site before posting it please?

as for Articblast's Forretress, I have to say I'm actually kind of impressed. It looks like it's actually a pretty decent lure. People forget that Forretress has a decent Base 90 attack since it's almost never invested in. I know that it'd probably give me the surprise of my life were I to encounter it. I would like to point out though that Payback's power is NOT boosted when the opponent switches in this generation, meaning it's not really that effective on the switch. Nonetheless, I still bet that set could really wreak some havoc given the preconceptions of Forretresses role.

I know, I know, what the FUCK am I thinking?

Forretress @ Choice Band
Brave
Sturdy
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
0 IV Speed
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Payback
- Volt Switch

Despite originating on an intentional gimmick team, this is a set I've been using to surprising effect on a newer, more serious team. Since Forretress is usually a slow, pathetically weak spinner, people let their guard down and switch in something that can quickly dispatch it or another Spinner. Let's just say that Espeon didn't expect a OHKO from Gyro Ball. Choice Band Forretress trumps even most of the lower-tier Pokemon I've used competitively in its sheer "what the hell is this guy thinking" factor. All of the physical moves are a no-brainer (although Explosion could fit somewhere) and Volt Switch is for simple scouting. It's not uncommon for Forretress to forgo Leftovers for Shed Shell, so bluffing the shell works as well. Gyro Ball has ridiculous power. Heatran and Magnezone fall to Earthquake. Payback works against the opponent; since I'm so slow and Forry often induces (not forces, mind you) switches, it's amazingly powerful.

Make fun of me and my weird set all you want, but I'm still using it.
This set is basically a variation of CB Ferrothorn, which I, personally, have never used or run into, but if Ferrothorn can do it, I don't see why Forrey can't either. Ferrothorn does have the extra 4 points on the offensive side, but it also doesn't get EQ, so it balances out.

I would also consider putting Spikes or RS in addition to Gyro Ball and EQ, as it can still provide a psuedo supporting role on the team, and surprise an opponent who thinks it's going to attack in mid or late game.

That Forry looks pretty fun, but I would agree that it's difficult to sell over Ferro. You gain more Defense, Volt Switch and a strong Earthquake (as well as even more surprise value); you lose that wicked STAB Power Whip, special bulk, and a bit more Attack.
That said... Well of course I'm going to try it out!

I agree with Gymdude that a hazard would go well over Payback.

Yonko7

Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
is a Contributor Alumnus
With good prediction, that CB Forry can be a good Lure for Heatrans, and Magnezones.

I mut say, I've been curious on other opinion of this most likely foolish set up.

Ninetales @ Leftovers
Hasty
Flash Fire
4 HP/ 252 SpD/ 252 Spe
Hex
Will-o-Wisp
Toxic
Hypnosis

Okay, so I'm sure when you all see this, you'll all think tat this may be the very worst setup, and maybe, or most likely, you guys are right. This is more so in theory of being a quick switch in and status inducer that could save another 'mon from a fire type, so in all, it is more so situational and only hypothetical. But please, judge it yourselves and see if it's ever worth consideration. I should also note the concept that Hex has an increase of damage on those with status effects and there is the 3 options although it all seems redundant...
Why Ninetales instead of Heatran if the purpose is to absorb fire attacks? Flash Fire Ninetales is practically useless. Drought is what makes using it worthwhile. It's not like you could use this in lower tier; Ninetales is solidly OU.

Also why Hasty instead of Timid?

Gengar would pull that set off a thousand times better than Ninetales due to higher SpAtk and STAB on Hex, but the set doesn't seem very effective anyway.

Edit: weird, the post is gone.

Ok, so last night I had the nerve to show an absured moveset for Ninetales, which is why I deleted it. But today I present to you all a new moveset, although it may seem rough again:
Ninetales @ Life Orb
Lonely (not so sure of what is best nature but this appears good)
Drought
0 SpA and Atk IVs
4 HP/ 252 SpD/ 252 Spe
Power Swap
Solarbeam
Flare Blitz
Will-O-Wisp

Now then, to explain, with Power Swap the Atk and SpA swap with the users, by giving 0 IVs to these two stats, the target will recieve very little. The whole purpose of this concept is to switch stats with an Atk powerhouse of sorts and, for once, make Ninetales offensive and get to use Flare Blitz. Solarbeam explains itself by covering Ninetale's weaknesses. Lastly, Will-O-Wisp can provide status effect on the opponent (which, by the way, halves the burnt Pokemon's Atk)... So constructively criticize it to your hearts content, although I've found it kind of unique, although risky.

awful ninetales set
I see that you didn't see the (and good) part of the thread title, nor did you read the OP. It is more than evident you haven't tested this set because that isn't even how Power Swap works.

Smogon said:
Swaps the user's Attack and Special Attack stat changes with the target's. This move cannot be blocked by Substitute.
This thread is very lenient on the whole "and good" part, as evidenced by other sets in this thread being quite gimmicky. However, it's quite clear you're just theorymonning without putting anything into practice. Please use your sets before suggesting them.

That set isn't much better. Power Swap doesn't work like that. It swaps stat boosts, not the stats themselves.

And Lonely decreases Defense while increasing Attack, which is the opposite of what you wanted. Maybe you meant Bold, but as I said, Power Swap doesn't work that way.
Edit: The guy above me said it best. You should try these sets out before posting them to make sure they make sense.

Sorry for the waste of time, I'm evidently new and far from best, and it was all the more pretty bad to assume, so for now, I won't bother posting new stuff about this until I understand... a lot of things better. Although it is pretty tough for me to test movesets when in general I'm not used to the metagames and missed round 62 of Battling 101..

ive seen many of these before... i make all of my own sets however most of them have some sort of standard to them, so mentioning them isnt really worth my time. however there is one, that is just absolutely great to use, and nothing like it has ever been seen. we're talking dugtrio!

dugtrio@lefties
Nature: Jolly
Ability: arena trap
-Sand attack
-Hone claws
-substitute
-earthquake/stone edge
Evs: 252 HP / 252 Attack

idea.... it should be pretty obvious... but ill go over it anyway. switch it in on some wall with like maybe one attack or so. ferrothorn and blissey are great to switch in on, as i believe both are extremely retarded, and i hate them, and theyre easy to switch in on. so after you switch in you can get up a sub through some methods.... idk maybe you put em to sleep before hand, or confused em with confuse ray, or they might miss a power whip, go for spikes, leech seed.... whatever. ones you have up a sub its home free. sand attack... sand attack... more sand attack. sub again when they break it. once they're at minus 6, start throwing up hone claws. at plus 6 we're talking like 700 or so attack. not all that great honestly. you can put mroe attack investment if you want. but once you're there, make sure you sub and wait till you're at full health with a sub.... then EQ (or stone edge). stone edge obviously to hit levitaters or flying pokes. also to take advantage of plus 6 accuracy. but i prefer EQ as its stab, and if they switch in a flying type, you get a free sand attack as they break your sub.

ive made other variations of this with other shadow tag and arena trappers. also, no, flash, mud slap, sand attack, all ok. not banned

the best part about this is REALLY trolling those guys using lame pokemon like ferrothorn. its my way of serving justice ;)

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
although I really like hone claws dugtrio, I would say that Ferrothorn is not a good pokemon to setup on. Especially without a focus sash Ferrothorn is able to soundly ohko with power whip while you barely damage him with Earthquake.

Although I would recommend replacing Sand Attack with Stone Edge/Earthquake, I do see the merit in keeping your set more creative. If you do keep Sand attack, I would recommend Rock Slide over Stone Edge. Stone Edge only has 8 PP, and with it being your only attack that may hinder your sweep as you may run out of PP quickly. Rock Slide has a lot more PP, and with a lot of boosts the power difference wont be very noticeable. Rock Slide also has a chance to flinch which could work with your accuracy reducing moves.

heres another, that is actually some how pretty great... i've swept a few times with it. of course it started off as a joke, but ya know.... i actually find myself using it now because its worth my time.

many people have taken advantage of its DW ability, lightningrod, and swept that way. i however, find that much too gimicky, and on top of that.... i pretty much hate all things 5th gen (besides honeclaws, dugtrios only attack raising move :o)

so without any further ado, heres my set

Seaking @ Life Orb Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Rain Dance
- Aqua Ring
- Aqua Tail
- Megahorn

First let me explain the Evs. obviously 252 attack for maximized power. i only went 104 in speed though, because that brings seaking up to 198 speed, and after a rain dance, 396, which is the lowest you can get it to outspeed base 130 pokemon, allowing it to only be outsped by ninjask and electrode in the OU tier, unless scarfed or stat boosted. and the rest goes into HP for bulk

as for rain dance, at first someone new might ask why not politoed? two reasons, the first is because drizzle swift swim is banned. and the second, way more important reason, is because i don't use perma weather. ever. only if its hippodon or ttar, but only for the special defense boost, and i definately would not build a team around it. but honestly i think i'd run unnerve before sandstream

aqua ring? but seaking isnt bulky enough for that! its got quite a bit of health investment, and while its base is only 80, it can take a few hit normally. but thats not why its here. its here to negate life orb, if you happen to have a spare turn, which happens kind of often. if you dont like this you could always through in ice beam or something for more coverage.

aqua tail. more powerful that waterfall. we dont care about accuracy here. only 311 attack maxed means we need as much power as possible if we're gonna sweep.

megahorn? for coverage.

so yep thats this set. if you have a channel or something and what to get an F YEAH SEAKING sweep, this is the way to go... atleast in my opinion. (speaking of channels, you should probably check me out! i have lots of dugtrio on there, and maybe one or two seaking although those battles weren't that good... i've gotten two epic battles with seaking today, but both times there was a dc.)

although I really like hone claws dugtrio, I would say that Ferrothorn is not a good pokemon to setup on. Especially without a focus sash Ferrothorn is able to soundly ohko with power whip while you barely damage him with Earthquake.

Although I would recommend replacing Sand Attack with Stone Edge/Earthquake, I do see the merit in keeping your set more creative. If you do keep Sand attack, I would recommend Rock Slide over Stone Edge. Stone Edge only has 8 PP, and with it being your only attack that may hinder your sweep as you may run out of PP quickly. Rock Slide has a lot more PP, and with a lot of boosts the power difference wont be very noticeable. Rock Slide also has a chance to flinch which could work with your accuracy reducing moves.
First off, power whip is easily salled out by dugtrio... yep all 16.. check my channel... for real.

also, sand attack is the whole point of the set. sand attack plus arena trap = epic.

and lastly, i dont use stone edge, namely because the lack off power. thus, rock slide is even more inferior. sure theres a flinch chance, but choosing a move over another just because of a secondary effect... its not what i do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)