Original
---> New

Original
---> New

Original
---> New

Original
---> New

Fun Fact: I worked on the tail animation for nearly 2 days straight, and I'm still not quite satisfied with it. @.@​
Holy hell, these are freaking amazing! Thank you!!

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader

Vaporeon​
Original
---> New

Original
---> New

Original
---> New

Original
---> New

Fun Fact: I worked on the tail animation for nearly 2 days straight, and I'm still not quite satisfied with it. @.@​
I don't know if this is just me, but I feel like Vaporeon is leaning forward too much making it look odd. When you look how felines normally sit, they have their front legs much closer to the body which pushes the head up a bit more. As it it now it's looks a bit squished together.

Reference:

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
I don't know if this is just me, but I feel like Vaporeon is leaning forward too much making it look odd. When you look how felines normally sit, they have their front legs much closer to the body which pushes the head up a bit more. As it it now it's looks a bit squished together.

Reference:
Yeah I know, but Vaporeon's model from X/Y barely has a neck. I could try to fix its pose up a bit to make it look better, but the changes will be minor unless I stretch Vaporeon's neck. X.x

Regime

the party is December 18th
is an Artist Alumnus
Can you modify (M-)Blaziken for me? I want to make it look more menacing than just standing there. Thanks in advance!
He already said that fire is incredibly difficult to change and make realistic.

Meanwhile, just a small request/edit.

Landorus T looks really odd just hovering there.
His BW sprite has him physically on the ground. If you could just ground the sprite and maybe make the tail more flexible? Thanks a bunch :)

EDIT: Sitting down would also look awesome

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
He already said that fire is incredibly difficult to change and make realistic.

Meanwhile, just a small request/edit.

Landorus T looks really odd just hovering there.
His BW sprite has him physically on the ground. If you could just ground the sprite and maybe make the tail more flexible? Thanks a bunch :)

EDIT: Sitting down would also look awesome

His BW2 sprite still seems to be levitating slightly above the ground. I guess his XY sprite is a bit jarring, but something has to justify his part flying typing.
I also cannot work on Lando-T since his model isn't yet available here:
http://www.models-resource.com/3ds/pokemonxy/

Okay, here's one that there's even less reason to refuse:
->

Raichu in the pose of its FR/LG sprite, where its tail curled around to the other side.

You should do a better version of both Salamences. Maybe do both Mega Salamence, and Normal. GF rly fuked up with those, and they're great!

EDIT: Realised they're not on that model page.

Fix Hydreigon then, looks derpy af

You should do a better version of both Salamences. Maybe do both Mega Salamence, and Normal. GF rly fuked up with those, and they're great!
I've been hoping for those myself. Again, it's best to wait until Salamence and Megamence's models surface on Models Resource.
Okay, here's one that there's even less reason to refuse:
->

Raichu in the pose of its FR/LG sprite, where its tail curled around to the other side.
Any reason to accept or refuse is all up to DJTHED himself. I, for one, don't particularly think Raichu needs any fixing, considering its pose is fine.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
why aren't I getting notifications from this thread anymore >:U
loving that vaporeon, not sure about if Raichu should be updated or not.

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
why aren't I getting notifications from this thread anymore >:U
loving that vaporeon, not sure about if Raichu should be updated or not.
Haha, sorry about that. I'm not a big fan of giving excuses, but I've been working on other projects. I'll get started on another Pokemon once I decide what the next one will be.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Haha, sorry about that. I'm not a big fan of giving excuses, but I've been working on other projects. I'll get started on another Pokemon once I decide what the next one will be.
oh nononono, it's not you, I'm legitly not getting any actual notifications considering I watched the thread, (last post was yesterday, but I never got a red flag saying there was a post)

DJTHED

Amateur 3D Animator
is a Top Artist
I've been wondering if it would be at all possible to create a PS Theme using the "Stylish" browser add-on (or something else similar) that would replace the default XY sprites from vanilla showdown with my custom sprites that I've made so far. I simply don't know how I'd go about programming it myself though, but it would be neat if it could somehow be made. If anyone knows how to code for that add-on, let me know.

As for the next Pokemon I'll be working on... well I can't decided on what to work on next. If there's a Pokemon you'd like to see that also has an available model here, then I may work on it if you suggest it to me here.

Last edited:
I think it might be interesting to have Machamp, Lucario, Gardevoir or Suicune mimicking their art poses from the upcoming Pokkén Tournament.

I don't have a particular preference; I just thought it'd be an interesting suggestion.

How about Gardevoir waltzing? The entire line is based on dancers, the waltz is a simple 1-2-3 beat, it could be turned into a continuous loop of dancing tbh

While the Pokkén Tournament poses are quite active, I can see Gardevoir's working really well as a model. Being my favorite Fairy-type, it'd be awesome to see a new model for Gardevoir. The current model works, but I do have to say both base and Mega Gardevoir could look a bit livelier. Base Gardevoir is already fine, though.

Great job on fixing Vaporeon's models, on a final note.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello there, can I say I really like all of your work so far, and I know you have been getting a few requests, but maybe you could do a Marowak?
All of its previous generation spritework made it look defensive, which I liked(except for Silver), but this gen just looked normal. I would like it to look more defensive or aggressive like it did in the previous generations, reference being:

http://www.models-resource.com/3ds/pokemonxy/model/8158/

Hi I just found your thread and I think your work is really amazing.

I have 2 suggestions:

1. Make Scrafty more menacing. I know you probably can't change its expression but maybe you can make it lean forward or change his pose so it looks more aggresive. idk
This looks like he doesn't even care what is going on in battle.
Scrafty is a punk he should be meaner and angrier lol. It also has a Mohawk idk why GF gave it such a derpy look.

2. Mega Lati@s arms/wings. They don't look aerodinamic at all. Can you make them tuck in their wings just like regular Lati@s can tuck in their arms so they can fly faster? When I see this sprite I can't help but imagine Mega Lati@'s wings just flopping around when flying.

If the tuck in thing is impossible, maybe make Lati@s look like it's going full speed as in the intro of Ruby or its official artwork?

Let me know what you think about this :)

Last edited:

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
2. Mega Lati@s arms/wings. They don't look aerodinamic at all. Can you make them tuck in their wings just like regular Lati@s can tuck in their arms so they can fly faster? When I see this sprite I can't help but imagine Mega Lati@'s wings just flopping around when flying.

If the tuck in thing is impossible, maybe make Lati@s look like it's going full speed as in the intro of Ruby or its official artwork?

Let me know what you think about this :)
I don't think the latis will work that way, that's seriously how they are supposed to fly, the hands are behind the wings too, tucking them in will look very awkward.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)