DP Research Thread #1 ("Old")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Fuck. First Adaptability, then Solid Rock, then Rivalry, now this.

Does GF hate new traits for some reason? What happened to the good old 1.5x boost from Guts? And Marvel Scale?
Well, Sniper's boost is a 50%. And Solid Rock reducing SE damage by half would be near(near?)-broken...

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
guts and marvel scale stayed 1.5x...that much I can say for now

there´s a few more abilities to test for the damage formula, hope I don´t bring any more bad news

Well, Sniper's boost is a 50%. And Solid Rock reducing SE damage by half would be near(near?)-broken...
Yeah, I guess a 50% is ok. But I was talking about how everyone thought it reduced damage by 1/3, and then we find out it's 1/4...

Peterko, I know they stayed the same. I was talking about how nothing is a 1.5x boost any more (Rivalry, Iron Fist, Adaptability). Except Sniper.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Would anyone care to check the priorities of Wish healing, Ingrain healing, and Sandstorm/Hail damage? I have reason to suspect that while Wish and Ingrain went before SS in ADV, SS goes first now.

Are there actually any effects on the status Freeze due to weather conditions?

One user thinks that his Blizzard freezes more in Hail, for example. And would Sunny Day cut Freeze time, Rain Dance perhaps extending it? Would Sandstorm do anything at all?

Sorry if this has been asked already; I searched this thread and found no discussion of the sort on this. Also, I remember some discussion on the topic when D/P first came out in Japan.
yeah i've been wondering the same thing. i've noticed that the weather conditions are more interactive in battling this gen, and considering what's already been discovered concerning weather, i wonder what more there is to it.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
As a reference Soul Dew kept its 1.5x boost (I tested), so don't start asking about it since eveything else boosts by lol% in this gen

Sunny Day prevents freeze, it has since ADV.
Okay. Does it also thaw out frozen Pokémon automatically, or the next turn, or even at all? Also, does anyone know if the other weather conditions have any effect? It seems odd that they would affect freeze and no other status, but whatever.

Would anyone care to check the priorities of Wish healing, Ingrain healing, and Sandstorm/Hail damage? I have reason to suspect that while Wish and Ingrain went before SS in ADV, SS goes first now.
I tested about a week ago, you get healed by wish first, before Sandstorm damage.

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
last four are 80 BP rock ghost dragon and dark respectively there isn't a 80 bp berry for steel
In case anyone wants to dispute, I posted my research on the subject the page before that.

Question: In Trick Room, everything within the same speed priority is reversed, right? So the slower Pokémon, if both used a +1 priority, would go first.
But, I seem to remember Footnote doing some research and finding that in negative priorities, the slower Pokémon moved first. I think it was Lagging Tail specifically, and not actual priority moves, but I may be remembering incorrectly. I know that Trick Room reverses everything in the same priority regularly, but this is an odd case.

Simple Version:
If two Pokémon have Lagging Tail, the slower one will move first if they are using same-priority moves. Will the faster one move first in Trick Room?

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Footnote posted earlier that Trick Room has absolutely no effect on Stall or Lagging Tail. He found that (tested specifically under Trick Room) if two Pokemon have Lagging Tail, the slower Pokemon with always go first, even if Trick Room is in effect, so even the race to go last, you want to be faster.

You are correct that he found this oddity specifically for Lagging Tail and Stall, not with actual priority moves. Except a guide on priority soon.

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
Footnote posted earlier that Trick Room has absolutely no effect on Stall or Lagging Tail. He found that (tested specifically under Trick Room) if two Pokemon have Lagging Tail, the slower Pokemon with always go first, even if Trick Room is in effect, so even the race to go last, you want to be faster.

You are correct that he found this oddity specifically for Lagging Tail and Stall, not with actual priority moves. Except a guide on priority soon.
Thanks for the clarification, I didn't manage to find his post on Trick Room. Oops.

Speaking of Footnote, I'm going to finally test out Gravity+OHKO moves and get some sort of success rate on it.

It says that Life Orb boosts attacks and special attacks, but I always wondered weather it boosts the actual STATS or the base power of the move?

Boa1891

Ninja Researcher
is a Researcher Alumnus
It says that Life Orb boosts attacks and special attacks, but I always wondered weather it boosts the actual STATS or the base power of the move?
It's posted somewhere in this topic. I think by Peterko. Search function is your friend.
IIRC he said it multiplies the final damage, not the stat or the move's power.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Just wanted to confirm that Sniper is a x3 for CHs instead of x2 for 1vs1 battles as well.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
to all of you who want to test the damage formula effects of items, you don´t have to, we already have 95% of the items and almost all the abilities...just wait a few days

X-Act

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Further damage formula testing by me and Peterko (mostly Peterko) yields another correction, this time for Dry Skin:

If Sunny Day is in effect, a Pokemon with Dry Skin loses 12.5% of its HP each turn. If Rain Dance is in effect, it heals 12.5% of its HP each turn. Also, it heals 25% of its HP when hit with a Water attack, but the move power of Fire moves is increased by 25% against it.

See how everything is symmetrical?

X-Act

It's posted somewhere in this topic. I think by Peterko. Search function is your friend.
IIRC he said it multiplies the final damage, not the stat or the move's power.
It actually does a x1.3 after the "+2" in the damage formula, to be 100% exact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)