DP Weavile .

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yes. I can see it as an option, but a OHKO on Deoxys-S is unlikely unless he switches out or runs a -Def nature. I'm pretty sure Jabba considered it a legal option when he and ipl made the set, I think...

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yes it is perfectly legal. But I don't think you can breed four moves down (so something like Ice Punch would have to be ommited if you chose Fake Out / Counter / Pursuit / Ice Punch).

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You can breed four moves down, they just overwrite the moves the pokemon would otherwise start with. It was only in G/S/C that you could not.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Except no one is expecting to not be outsped by Weavile, meaning they will switch and hope for the best, Its a slight risk but considering that the entire set is based on your opponents assumptions being wrong, why not take it farther?

Also, Why settle for forcing Azelf/Gengar to switch when you can just deal away with them completely?
You seem to have completely missed the point of what I was saying. If you want to rely on your opponent assuming you're faster, go ahead. I was just saying that with only one attack and Weavile's defenses you will want to make sure you are faster than the things youre trying to hit. This idea is especially important since the main reason to use this set is Taunt, which requires high speed to use on a pokemon as frail as Weavile. If you're slower than they are, you cant "just deal away with them completely". Lowering Speed is not a "slight risk", its a handicap. If they have a focus sash (as suicide leads [what this set was designed for] always do), Weavile will *need* to outspeed them in order to do its job effectively. Heck, if you even find yourself needing an emergency Gengar stopper lategame as I often find myself doing, you can even try sending this guy out if its still alive. I can't see any applicable in-battle reason to not use +speed on this.

If you cant Taunt Azelf before it sets SR up, this set is useless. If you cant Taunt Gengar before it uses Hypnosis, this set is useless. Maybe you could try to actually use the set before arguing minor details that have already been explained in this thread multiple times?

The set isn't supposed to dupe your opponent, its to stop suicide leads from getting SR up so that your team can jump out to an early lead.

[SET COMMENTS]
<p>With the advent of the Focus Sash suicide lead that focuses on nothing but laying down Stealth Rock and preventing the opponent from doing the same, Weavile stands out as one of the few Pokemon that can combat this trend.
I don't see the part where it says you need any form of trickery. This set just combats the suicide SR trend very effectively and maybe even scores a surprise KO. Weavile "stands out" because it can do this without guesswork. You should have read the OP a bit more before posting things like "the entire set is based on your opponents assumptions being wrong, why not take it farther?" because it just makes it clear that you didn't quite understand either Jabba's OP or the post of mine you quoted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)