EVOlution 1 - Part 2 - Pokémon Poll 3!

obama or mccain?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted Houndoom, switching my vote from the previous poll. The masses have convinced me to change my vote. Farfetch'd should only be considered if we are allowed to make a third stage and have Dux be the first, therefore "creating" a second stage in between, and I don't think we can do that (I don't feel like reading the whole Rules topic at the moment, but I do seem to recall such a thing being discussed). I think either option chosen though is going to be disappointing. With Houndoom, we can't change a whole lot because it really only needs a little speed to be more threatening, and Farfetch'd needs so much that it would be more like a new Poke than an evolution.

I find Camerupt a really good idea actually alot better than Houndoom, too bas i couldn't vote for him ;o;. Anyway yay i voted for Farfetch'd.

Guys.. What the heck are you guys doing?!? Vote Houndoom!

a Farfetch'd EVO wouldn't be as useful in the OU Metagame because dude.. we got Togekiss with Special Fighting/Flying moves
(Airslash/Aurasphere) and Staraptor with the a nice ability, intimidate along with serious Fighting and flying moves at a decent attack base.

Making a Farfetch'd EVO would just take over Togekiss or Staraptor's role. Not to mention that Togekiss is also Bulky..

But I'd like to see another poll with upcoming winner with Camerupt. :)

I voted Hondoom, though both seem cool. If Hondoom evolves it'll be just too awesome. If Farfetch evolved in will be kind of gimmicky, but still cool. I'm thinking Fight/Flying? That's a good unique typing.

It could be like Magikarp, a terrible Pokemon... into an amazing Pokemon.

Still, Hondoom is one of the coolest Pokemon there is, even if his sprite says differently. Unique typing, the best Azelf counter (arguably). If he evolved, I'd give him great speed and two good attack stats to match. A mixed attacker.

I think Deck Knight inadvertently found the best thing for a Farfetch'd evolution; a versatile Baton Passer. I criticized it by calling it a worse Mew, only because balanced Stat spreads rarely work out in OU (you basically need to have 100 for all Stats to be balanced and have a shot, and even then we have Shaymin). If we put more effort in Farfetch'd stats than a simple +25 everywhere, I think we could get a great Baton Passer out of it.

we can make any versitile bato passer we want in CAP

this is EVO the point is to fill a specific niche with small controlled changed (an evolution). like camerupt ^_^ (see my thread ^_^)

i was on the fence for this one.

I chose Farfetch'd, for Camerupt is probably is going to take the next Evo project. Houndoom can wait, seeing as its BL to begin with.

The bird is the word, but Doom is the shiz. Voted Houndoom, as most aspects of flying Pokemon have already been covered. The only thing left is fighting, and that feels really fanboyish. Houndoom could be some real fun to design an evo for, and viable without being overly changed.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Let's take a look at Farfetch'd's base stats:
52 HP
65 Atk
55 Def
58 SpA
62 SpD
60 Spe

How much would one have to add to the base stats to make it OU? Personally, the only way a Farfetch'd evo could feasibly become OU is if it were the final evo of a three-stage line, not the final evo of a two-stage line. If we were making evos for the UU metagame, then I'd happily support Farfetch'd.
Not necessarily. For instance, Hariyama's base stats are literally double of Makuhitas. (144/120/60/40/60/50 Hari, 72/60/30/25/20/25 Maku)

You can't double Farfy's for obvious reasons (It would be over BST 600 for starters), but like my earlier spread where I just added +25 to each stat. You could tweak it I suppose you'd need to hold emphasis accordingly. Perhaps something like:

82/105/85/93/102/95

Farfetch'd lowest stats got +30, mid stats got +35, highest stats got +40. BST is 562, Overall ranking 413, Very Good. It isn't quite "Bulky," but then Farfetch'd lowest stats are HP and Defense, so if you want to stay true to Farfetch'd you're kind of stuck with it.

It would need a +speed nature to beat Base 100s, so even with SD or NP it wouldn't be able to harness maximum power. I know its tempting to simply ignore Farfetch'd balanced spread, but that isn't how most evolutions work.

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
deck knoght you are pretty much creating a niche out of noewhere if you choose fetchd. thats not the purpose of this project

see dougs post for more details

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpos...1&postcount=59
LOL I didn't even vote for Farfetch'd and agree that some of the concepts presented that don't fit Farfy at all are specious.

However, in the interest of not turning a potential Farfetch'd win into an unmitigated, uncontrollable canon-free disaster I'm putting my best foot forward on ideas that will keep Farfy's evolution in line with something that even remotely resembles Farfetch'd.

I love the ideas that both EVOs present. The versitile baton passer in Dux II sounds awesome but....

I'm voting for Houndoom. The anti-lead potential is one that I've tried out myself, to some success, but it was just lacking. I'd never be able to OHKO Bronzong, and even though it counters Azelf, it still can't stop it from setting up rocks.

There are obviously better options, not only for today's metagame, but just the overall improvements that could be made to the potential that many Pokemon can't fully utilize.

But, that's just for the next EVO project.

Not necessarily. For instance, Hariyama's base stats are literally double of Makuhitas. (144/120/60/40/60/50 Hari, 72/60/30/25/20/25 Maku)

You can't double Farfy's for obvious reasons (It would be over BST 600 for starters), but like my earlier spread where I just added +25 to each stat. You could tweak it I suppose you'd need to hold emphasis accordingly. Perhaps something like:

82/105/85/93/102/95

Farfetch'd lowest stats got +30, mid stats got +35, highest stats got +40. BST is 562, Overall ranking 413, Very Good. It isn't quite "Bulky," but then Farfetch'd lowest stats are HP and Defense, so if you want to stay true to Farfetch'd you're kind of stuck with it.

It would need a +speed nature to beat Base 100s, so even with SD or NP it wouldn't be able to harness maximum power. I know its tempting to simply ignore Farfetch'd balanced spread, but that isn't how most evolutions work.
When you put it that way, suddenly possible Farfetch'd evo ideas actually sound reasonable. One thing I will say, however, is that if we go with any of the previous ideas, it should either be fighting/flying or a sweeper, but not both.

Well, since Pinsir didn't make it, Houndoom. I agree with Doug's statement saying that evolving Farfetch'd would be like making an entirely new Pokemon, while that was not the goal of this project. I also like the idea people have about a Fire-Type Weavile. Yes, Houndoom is already somewhat usable but so were many others who got evolutions in this gen (Porygon 2, for example). IMO, it is stupid to say something doesn't need an EVO if it is already usable.

Deck Knight

Looks like Farfy won this in the end unless we can get a confirmation on alt accounts or some other tomfoolery.

Deck, find me a pokemon who got an evolution in newer generations, such as Aipom, Onyx, Lickitung, Tangela, Sneasel etc. who got such a huge boost. Most of these pokes got a 120-130 BST boost if the original BST was around 400 or worse, far less if the original BST was over 400.

Seriously, 562 is crazy, it would be the highest BST this sides of legends and base 600 BSTs. The highest BST below 580 now is Arcanine with a very good 550, and i think it is not even necessary to give such a mighty boost to make Farfy competitively viable. There are many pokes around who have far worse BST than Arcanine and still, thanks to a good typing/movepool, are more than viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)