Project Gen8 National Dex OU Teambuilding Competition

Melmetal not being OU is one of the many tiering anomalies which tend to plague National Dex tiers. Luckily, this is just fine as it is one of the better BL pokemon. Hopefully this project can help to shine light on our son taken from us by the sins of tera.

Untitled 1362 (idk)
:ss/melmetal: :ss/magnezone: :ss/rillaboom: :ss/toxapex:
:ss/landorus-therian: :ss/tyranitar-mega:

The team:
:melmetal:
Using the cringe set, but what can I say. Its effective. Standard evs and moveset, synergizes very well with every other member.
:magnezone:
I believe this guy is 100% required with protox melly. Getting to remove big problems like corv, celesteela, ferro and kart is really nice. Standard scarf set.
:rillaboom:
Literally the only guy on the team with sauce. Magnezone can remove the majority of problems for the ape except for the birds, kyurem and lati. This is where the funny normal-z comes in, nuking them and allowing you to glide to victory. Grassy terrain benefits the whole squad and makes mel a whole lot bulkier.
:toxapex:
On the team to spread MORE poison and wall everything. We know what pex does.
:landorus-therian:
Scarf lando is tried and true, the god of role compression. Defog is great, intimidate is amazing, gtound immune is required. I chose special to beat down opposing grounds better and revenge kill kartana better.
:tyranitar-mega:
He rounds out the team very nicely. Under grassy terrain, its Groudon level bulk becomes alot more absurd and noticable. Its typing and bulk lets it set up rocks and take down kyurem and the latis while sand stream helps to win the weather war with rain.

Gameplan, trap everything. Poison everything. Win with lando, glide, or melm. Sorry that the team has NO sauce, but it’s effective. Sometimes, thats all you need.

Melmetal + Pup Mlop + zKoko

:ss/melmetal: :ss/lopunny_mega: :ss/landorus_therian: :ss/tapu fini: :ss/victini: :ss/tapu koko:
https://pokepast.es/6cc38d64f58b658b

Our boi with the big metal fists has his chance under the spotlight. This team includes our favorite combination of Fsight and fighting moves. Mlop is the deadly setup sweeper with its awesome speed tier, but also our anti HO mon. The team has served me well so far vs bulky offense and stall; although, it lacks longevity. There are a few mons who can switch in multiple times thanks to their natural bulk, but the goal is to finish the games quickly. We have two forms of status infliction (ew, then why is there a Fini?), 3 pivots and decent checks against all the scary monsters.

:Melmetal: Pretty standard Smogon set but supported by both terrains. Misty helps avoid static/flame body, and Electric to power up Tpunch to beat up Slowbro and Toxapex who will always avoid Koko. Twave is to catch the modest or slower Heatran on the switch-in, but 144 Spe EVs is an option for timid. Thanks to Melm's bulk, it can be used to check Weavile if Fini needs to be preserved. Love this guy!

:lopunny_mega: Priority + the wincon. This is the answer to scarfs and with Pup, capable of beating some mons who otherwise present issues. Stray away from mega evolving against Zapdos to avoid static for as long as you can. But in most cases, play it how you normally would. It also appreciates Misty Terrain. Try not to reveal Pup until it's too late for your opponent.

:Landorus-therian: Pretty standard set, but packed with HP fire because the scarf Kartana mu is atrocious. Half of the team is weak to ground, so try not to sack early. Slow U-Turn to potentially avoid Rocky Helmet chip and position yourself.

:Tapu Fini: Smogon scarf set to help contain Ash-Greninja and the defogger. In most matches, you probably only get one chance to defog. Trick is there for the obvious bulky mons who would wall Fini. Out speeds M-Gyarados at +1.

:Victini: In my opinion the MVP of this team. This mon can setup future sight for you, toxic the flying types/M-Latias, pivot and threaten Lando with a burn. Defensive Lando also can't ohko with EQ, but in most matches you're gonna switch anyways. Tini helps against scarf Lele since it's resistant to psy/fairy/fighting. Outspeeds Ada Rillaboom too.

:Tapu Koko: This Z set catches a lot of people off guard. It's nothing new, but HP ice is also here for Lando/Gliscor. Roost is here to help versus Zapdos. I usually use the Z early in matches.

Threats!!

:rotom_wash: Probably the most annoying mon to deal with for this team. Huge Koko Z target, can be somewhat contained with trick from Fini. Wear it down with fsight if possible.

:kartana: Scarf Kart can run through this team, hence the HP Fire on Lando mentioned earlier. Melmetal can take a +1 Sacred Sword.

The rain matchup is somewhat poor but still manageable.

This is my first submission to one of these things, hope you like the team!

https://pokepast.es/2ce6b6088df47a8b

Against Me! - Stop! (Video) - YouTube

:ss/melmetal: :sm/tapu-koko: :xy/hawlucha: :bw/serperior: :bw/landorus-therian: :sm/tapu-fini:

this team might suck lacks speed but i think the potential payoff of eject pack on melm is rly rly good. u smack a lot of stuff u wanna hit for big damage (ferro tran washtom) and worst case scenario u get to use a 120 bp u turn on melm. who doesnt want to do that. who doesnt want to use a 120 bp pivot move. im so good at writing stuff. also u can just bolt out of lando trying to come in and use it to set up shocking lucha endgames (assuming the opp was trying to avoid specifically that happening). also u can go to serp and start messing stuff up yk yk​

Voting is now live! Vote for your favorite Melmetal team by Wednesday, February 7th at 11:59 PM GMT-6.

Team A: Body Press Melmetal Sand by Mrbanana45
BODY PRESS MELMETAL SAND
:excadrill::melmetal::tyranitar::tapu-fini::corviknight::dracozolt:
Melmetal @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
EVs: 152 HP / 64 Atk / 252 Def / 40 Spe
Impish Nature
- Acid Armor
- Body Press
- Protect
- Double Iron Bash

Now that I got your atention, let me introduce the main idea for this team...
Builded around IDPress Melm in order to lure common switch ins such as Corviknight, Landorus, Skarmory, Garchomp or even Gliscor. Set up a +2 Def and hit hard. I choose Sand cuz Tytar+Drill combo; Tytar can pursuit trap Fire types that annoy Melm, wich can lure Excadrill checks like those mentioned above.
Fini and Zolt may look like an contradiction since Zolt is holding the Z Draco wich got nerfed by Misty Terrain... Lets be real, that Z Draco Meteor is not for Grounded targets... Bot make amazing sinergy with the rest of the team, protecting our attackers from status w the Terrain and Zolt's unique typing keeps under control tricky matchups. Zolt is excellent cuz no one ever builds expecting to face Dracozolt so we break easily with good positioning.
Corv the needed Ground Inmunity and slow pivot.
Melm has insane defense, can take like 40% for superefective physicall damage and after a couple Acid Armour and Tect spam we overcome the damage, Tect is also cool into luring Special fire Attackers (The fire threat comes into melm, fear the pursuit trapping for the incoming Tytar so make a double switch to scare out melm, wich uses tect and bait the double plus whole rival's idea) so its like an 50/50 that is always on your favor.

Can't wait to see these mofos exposing specs melm (insane coverage)
Team B: Construction Zone by peap
Construction Zone

:melmetal: :clefable: :magnezone: :toxapex: :Tapu-bulu: :latias-mega:

What a shitty team. I mean, no electric immune, defog lati, scarf zone - looks like the most passive 6 of all time.

Team Overview
This is a fat balance team meant to answer many common balance and bulky offense threats, with less good matchup vs HO. Stall is actually not a bad matchup thanks to Clefable’s utility, Magnezone’s trapping ability, and Melmetal’s thick fists. I’ll introduce all of Melmetal’s supporting teammates first.

:sm/Clefable:
The Gen 6 blob needs no introduction as balance glue. Sporting a Rocky Helmet to be less passive against physical attackers like Lopunny-Mega and U-turn abusers, Clefable punishes pivots and makes progress against bulky fat users through Knock Off and Stealth Rock.

:sm/Magnezone:
Along with Clefable to remove any Shed Shell and Leftovers, Magnezone unlocks matchups vs Steel-types like Corviknight, Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and Mega Scizor, enabling Melmetal to run Toxic and use Double Iron Bash to its full extent. It also helps greatly with revenging Kartana, Mega Diancie, a Tapu Lele through Choice Scarf. In my opinion, Choice Scarf Zone has 90% of the utility Specs offers but maintains a superior matchup vs base 110 speed and below threats - so it’s better :)

:sm/toxapex:
The Volcarona wall, Charizard-Mega-Y check, and scout for Ash-Grenibja and Heatran. I opt for the Toxic Spikes + Shed Shell set, which really helps ease prediction vs Bulky Offense and can win long-term matchups vs Magma Storm Heatran. This is the same concept behind the Mega Latias team which USNE and many NDPL players spam.

:sm/tapu-bulu:
Another off-meta pick to win back momentum from terrain wars, apply pressure to Slowbro cores, and 1v1 Tapu Koko while being not-so-passive itself. Synthesis gives longevity and Swords Dance + Horn Leech breaks through many weakened threats, while Rockium Z Stone Edge is a nuke to catch frustrated players switching in Volcarona, Charizard, or Flying-types. I usually save Continental Crush for later in the game when the opponent feels it’s safe to switch the aforementioned mons in.

:sm/latias-mega: Completing the Dragon-Fairy-Steel core, Latias-Mega is ChrisPBacon’s wet dream for acting as a blanket check to various threats that would otherwise run through the team like Kartana, Gliscor, Medicham-Mega through Ice Beam and Roost spam. It also helps shut down Sun and Fire-type threats like Charizard and Venusaur and 1v1 Zapdos. In general, Thunder Wave is a great move to sharply cut the offensive profile of threats while enabling Double Iron Bash to hax through slower mons and making Tapu Bulu suddenly look fast. Defog is necessary as the team’s only form of hazard removal.

:sm/melmetal: the long-term breaker carrying leftovers, protect, toxic, and earthquake. Max Attack and Adamant nature wears down Gliscor while Earthquake nails Toxapex, Corviknight trying to Roost, and other common switchins to Steel-types like Heatran, while nuking most neutral switchins. Many games come down to how well you conserve DIB pp; as noted above status from Toxic Spikes and Thunder Wace goes a long way to eventually winning matchups.
Bringing in Melmetal offers ample chance to double Magnezone into opposing Steel-type checks.

Usage: given no single threat above B rank runs through the team, feel free to scout with Clefable, Toxapex, and Latias before starting to bring in Magnezone and Melmetal. Bulu is necessary but obviously heals the opponent which can be frustrating for such a passive and indirect team, so I often switch it in and right back out to heal my own Pokémon up as the opponent uses PP to defog or attack or some shit.

Substitute users like Kyurem and Serperior are the most frustrating for this type of bulky balance, but Latias, Clefable, and Melmetal can often trade for them.

back in the day I used this for a winning match in 2021 ND Circuit, and to hit #2 on ladder. Haven’t really seen stuff like this since so might as well dust off
Team C: Bulu + Melmetal BO by smg (notfunny)
Melmetal, despite its UUBL status, is an immensely flexible and versatile Pokémon that happens to have many different ways to tap into its colorful movepool to compliment its many potential teammates. A personal favorite of mine is Assault Vest, which’s ability to check many menacing threats to BO and Offense such as Choice Scarf Tapu Lele, Specs Greninja, amongst others whilst still retaining offensive momentum due to its sky high 143 Attack and Iron Fist. However, in making this team, I instead opted to experiment with a lesser used set. Toxic+Protect intends to wear down many of Melmetal’s common checks and counters, such as Zapdos, Landorus-Therian, Rotom-Wash, and Slowbro, among other lesser common defensive Pokémon like Mandibuzz, whilst maximizing the damage of its toxic and leftovers recovery with Protect to keep in the game as long as possible. Here’s the team.

Tapu Bulu+Melmetal BO.
https://pokepast.es/f1b8b2b12041e19e :ss/melmetal: :sm/tapu_bulu: :sm/diancie-mega: :sm/greninja: :ss/rotom_wash: :ss/landorus-therian:

:melmetal:: Melmetal is the featured Pokémon on the team, its Toxic set is used here in conjunction with Tapu Bulu’s Grassy Terrain to further accentuate its longevity via Protect. Bulu and Melmetal share many common checks, and Toxic on Melmetal helps make these two’s ability to wallbreak a lot more easy to execute via wearing down many common defensive Pokémon. It also helps in crippling Pokémon like the Lati twins via Toxic, which undercuts their usually phenomenal longevity and enables Bulu to more comfortably handle them. High Horsepower is also used here to function as a lure to Heatran and Magnezone, which may otherwise not be suspecting of Melmetal carrying Earthquake on a team with Bulu.

:tapu_bulu:: Tapu Bulu is picked here due to the many shared traits it has with Melmetal and their inherent synergies. The set here aims to maximize Bulu’s longevity by utilizing its offensive set but ditching Stone Edge for Synthesis. The purpose is to keep it around as long as possible so that it can support Melmetal and break towards the late game against bulkier team compositions. Its ability to check Ash-Greninja, set Grassy Terrain, and leverage its typing and bulk to turn many Pokémon into setup fodder earns it a spot on the team. Fightinium SD is capable of luring in Corviknight and lacerates it at +2 with Stealth Rock or prior chip damage.

:diancie_mega:: Mega Diancie is here primarily to provide some form of consistent offensive pressure whilst also functioning as a decent lure into the steel birds that thwart Melmetal and Bulu’s attempts to break, help pressure out the Mega Charizards, alongside Magic Bounce being used to keep hazards off the field that would otherwise wear down Melmetal and Greninja. Mystical Fire is picked here to lure in Corviknight, Ferrothorn, and also helps it consistently pick off Swords Dance Kartana.

:greninja:: Greninja is practically a staple on BO, with its strong STAB combination, access to Spikes, and amazing speed tier, it was a pretty easy add onto the team. Greninja helps pressure out the fire types that are practically always a death sentence to Bulu and Melmetal. Teams can never really afford to let Greninja activate its Battle Bond, and its ability to be able to choose how to apply pressure, be it with Spikes or an attack, help it and its teammates a lot, Water Shuriken is a much appreciated piece of priority that can help pick off set up sweepers like Charizard-X, Sand Rush Excadrill, weakened Kartana, and Mega Swampert, among others.

:rotom_wash:: Rotom-Wash primarily is supposed to be the Volt in the Volt-Turn of this team composition. It punishes many common switchins to Melmetal and Bulu. Spreading Will-O-Wisp to gut physical attackers like Mega Scizor, Dragon Dancers, and also punish common pivots like Corviknight and Zapdos by chipping away at their HP. Rotom is Physically defensive to help stomach attacks from the many physical attackers in the metagame, particularly Mega Lopunny and Mega Medicham. Volt Switch helps the team in positioning, whilst also damaging Toxapex with super effective damage that allows Greninja and Tapu Bulu to more easily handle it 1v1.

:landorus_therian:: Landorus-Therian is here to function as a switchin to the many strong physical attacks thrown around in the metagame, with Intimidate and its Flying typing, it switches into many of the tier’s fightings and forces them out, whilst also having a strong U-Turn to position its teammates more effectively. Its ground typing also makes it this team’s main switch-in to electric types, primarily to deny them of crucial momentum off of Volt Switches, set up Stealth Rock, and snipe unsuspecting Kartana and Mega Scizor with Hidden Power Fire.
Team D: Valley of the Pagans by Dead by Daylight
y’all stole Bulu + Melmetal. I am deeply saddened.

:ss/melmetal: :ss/toxapex: :ss/landorus-therian: :ss/hydreigon: :ss/lopunny-mega: :ss/zapdos:
Valley of the Pagans (Gorillaz) - AV Melmetal + Hydreigon + Specs Zapdos

Melmetal has long been one of my favorite choices in SS NDOU, although I regrettably got into the tier near the release of SV and was unable to really build in it. This team utilizes both Melmetal's offensive and defensive capabilities to glue the team together against a manner of threats, like Tapu Lele and Specs Kyurem. I was originally going to build around CB Melmetal + Tapu Bulu, but that was taken far too early for me to reasonably submit my own version of that idea. Thus, I pivoted to this: a bulky offense team built around the Melm-Pex-Lando defensive core opening opportunities for the three breakers.

Defensive Synergy

:melmetal: + :toxapex: + :landorus-therian: These three form an incredibly synergistic defensive core that is very tough to break down over the course of a game. Their typings are the main reason for their synergy, but they also form a threatening defensive core in the sense that not only can they force extensive chip damage onto opponents, but they can also bring in the strongest attackers on the team. Defog over Stealth Rock on Lando-T is to make sure that Specs Zapdos gets as many switch-ins and chances to throw off attacks as possible, rather than dying or having to Roost excessively and cede momentum.

Offensive Synergy

Unlike the defensive core, the offensive pieces of this team fit together in small motifs to break down each other's checks and constantly exert pressure over the course of the game. The offensive cores are outlined below.

:melmetal: + :hydreigon: This offensive core was the main concept of the team in its beta version. Melmetal is great at taking on Fairy-types that can switch in on Hydreigon's STAB moves, while Levitate grants Hydreigon free switch-in opportunities on things that could otherwise threaten Melmetal. NP Hydrei is also a great balance breaker, which is the teamstyle that can go toe-to-toe with the defensive core the best without being semi- or full stall.

:melmetal: + :zapdos: Specs Zapdos was a novelty that I wanted to try on this team. Normally, the best switch-ins to Double Iron Bash are Water-types, so an Electric-type seemed natural. I also wanted to see the raw breaking power of Specs Zapdos in action, so I added it. Melmetal is key in keeping Zapdos healthy by taking Toxic, as every bit of HP Zapdos loses is another switch-in opportunity it can't afford to lose. Zapdos, just like Hydreigon, takes advantage of Ground-types to come in and start firing off its strong STABs.

:hydreigon: + :zapdos: Both of these special breakers are good when paired together, as they threaten defensive and offensive cores alike. NP Hydrei, as already mentioned, is a very good balance breaker, while Specs Zapdos has little-to-no true switch-ins that cannot be Volt Switched on.

:zapdos: + :lopunny-mega: Specs Zapdos is prone to getting trapped by Tyranitar, which is one of the only things in the tier that can truly take on Specs Zapdos. Mega Lopunny remedies this, while offering a fast revenge killer and physical attacker that can break through special walls and generate momentum thanks to U-turn.
Team E: Untitled 1362 by Xurkiyee
Melmetal not being OU is one of the many tiering anomalies which tend to plague National Dex tiers. Luckily, this is just fine as it is one of the better BL pokemon. Hopefully this project can help to shine light on our son taken from us by the sins of tera.

Untitled 1362 (idk)

The team:
Using the cringe set, but what can I say. Its effective. Standard evs and moveset, synergizes very well with every other member.
I believe this guy is 100% required with protox melly. Getting to remove big problems like corv, celesteela, ferro and kart is really nice. Standard scarf set.
Literally the only guy on the team with sauce. Magnezone can remove the majority of problems for the ape except for the birds, kyurem and lati. This is where the funny normal-z comes in, nuking them and allowing you to glide to victory. Grassy terrain benefits the whole squad and makes mel a whole lot bulkier.
Scarf lando is tried and true, the god of role compression. Defog is great, intimidate is amazing, gtound immune is required. I chose special to beat down opposing grounds better and revenge kill kartana better.
He rounds out the team very nicely. Under grassy terrain, its Groudon level bulk becomes alot more absurd and noticable. Its typing and bulk lets it set up rocks and take down kyurem and the latis while sand stream helps to win the weather war with rain.

Gameplan, trap everything. Poison everything. Win with lando, glide, or melm. Sorry that the team has NO sauce, but it’s effective. Sometimes, thats all you need.
Team F: Melmetal + PuP MLop + Z-Koko by k7eenex
Melmetal + Pup Mlop + zKoko

:ss/melmetal: :ss/lopunny_mega: :ss/landorus_therian: :ss/tapu fini: :ss/victini: :ss/tapu koko:
https://pokepast.es/6cc38d64f58b658b

Our boi with the big metal fists has his chance under the spotlight. This team includes our favorite combination of Fsight and fighting moves. Mlop is the deadly setup sweeper with its awesome speed tier, but also our anti HO mon. The team has served me well so far vs bulky offense and stall; although, it lacks longevity. There are a few mons who can switch in multiple times thanks to their natural bulk, but the goal is to finish the games quickly. We have two forms of status infliction (ew, then why is there a Fini?), 3 pivots and decent checks against all the scary monsters.

:Melmetal: Pretty standard Smogon set but supported by both terrains. Misty helps avoid static/flame body, and Electric to power up Tpunch to beat up Slowbro and Toxapex who will always avoid Koko. Twave is to catch the modest or slower Heatran on the switch-in, but 144 Spe EVs is an option for timid. Thanks to Melm's bulk, it can be used to check Weavile if Fini needs to be preserved. Love this guy!

:lopunny_mega: Priority + the wincon. This is the answer to scarfs and with Pup, capable of beating some mons who otherwise present issues. Stray away from mega evolving against Zapdos to avoid static for as long as you can. But in most cases, play it how you normally would. It also appreciates Misty Terrain. Try not to reveal Pup until it's too late for your opponent.

:Landorus-therian: Pretty standard set, but packed with HP fire because the scarf Kartana mu is atrocious. Half of the team is weak to ground, so try not to sack early. Slow U-Turn to potentially avoid Rocky Helmet chip and position yourself.

:Tapu Fini: Smogon scarf set to help contain Ash-Greninja and the defogger. In most matches, you probably only get one chance to defog. Trick is there for the obvious bulky mons who would wall Fini. Out speeds M-Gyarados at +1.

:Victini: In my opinion the MVP of this team. This mon can setup future sight for you, toxic the flying types/M-Latias, pivot and threaten Lando with a burn. Defensive Lando also can't ohko with EQ, but in most matches you're gonna switch anyways. Tini helps against scarf Lele since it's resistant to psy/fairy/fighting. Outspeeds Ada Rillaboom too.

:Tapu Koko: This Z set catches a lot of people off guard. It's nothing new, but HP ice is also here for Lando/Gliscor. Roost is here to help versus Zapdos. I usually use the Z early in matches.

Threats!!

:rotom_wash: Probably the most annoying mon to deal with for this team. Huge Koko Z target, can be somewhat contained with trick from Fini. Wear it down with fsight if possible.

:kartana: Scarf Kart can run through this team, hence the HP Fire on Lando mentioned earlier. Melmetal can take a +1 Sacred Sword.

The rain matchup is somewhat poor but still manageable.

This is my first submission to one of these things, hope you like the team!
Team G: Stop by jawsome274
https://pokepast.es/2ce6b6088df47a8b

Against Me! - Stop! (Video) - YouTube

:ss/melmetal: :sm/tapu-koko: :xy/hawlucha: :bw/serperior: :bw/landorus-therian: :sm/tapu-fini:

this team might suck lacks speed but i think the potential payoff of eject pack on melm is rly rly good. u smack a lot of stuff u wanna hit for big damage (ferro tran washtom) and worst case scenario u get to use a 120 bp u turn on melm. who doesnt want to do that. who doesnt want to use a 120 bp pivot move. im so good at writing stuff. also u can just bolt out of lando trying to come in and use it to set up shocking lucha endgames (assuming the opp was trying to avoid specifically that happening). also u can go to serp and start messing stuff up yk yk​

Last edited:
Congratulations to Xurkiyee and their Melmetal team for winning Cycle 2 of the Teambuilding Competition!

Untitled 1362 (idk)

The team:

:ss/diggersby:
Our next featured mon is Diggersby! First introduced in Generation 6, Diggersby is one of the few holders of Huge Power, whilst having Cheek Pouch as a niche option to utilize. Very excited to see what heat would be built using Diggersby!

Submissions end on Monday, February 12th @ 11:59 AM GMT.

https://pokepast.es/41929487027e1b56
Uhh possibly the worst team ever built but Idc really, it's funni

:diggersby:
Scarf rabbit genuinely hits like a truck courtesy of doubled attack stat. Breaks and pivots ig

:tapu lele:
IDK why but double Scarf seems to be kinda nice here. Basically just breaks and cleans up.

:pelipper:
So I thought I looked kinda yard weak as the original version had rillaboom so I decided to add this. At that point made it semi rain caus why not

:barraskewda:
Fuck mega swampert this guy is the real goat rain sweeper. Banded liquidations ccs and stuff hit like a nuke under rain

:greninja:
This guy really likes rain and can clean up if it gets a ko courtesy of battle bond. Gets some nice coverage

:scizor-mega:
Defogs and I needed Hazard control. Pretty nice breaker as well and good speed control if terrains not up. (ik that can be annoying just need play around it)

Imma be honest. I really tried to make this mon work, but I just couldn't. Eventually I came up with this team, went 1-0 on the ladder against a sleepy 1400s rain player(Diggersby did nothing) and called it a day. Use the team at your own discretion.

Diggersby Balance
https://pokepast.es/fe29ce677e0f6f07
:ss/(Diggersby): :ss/(Chansey): :ss/(Corviknight): :ss/(Greninja-Ash): :ss/(Rillaboom): :ss/(Volcarona):

Diggersby's EV spread allows it to outspeed standard defensive Heatran, Fini(whirlpool, CM, and Defog), defensive Lando, and a few other notable things. I put the extra EVs into HP for some added bulk. The goal is basically to either wallbreak against the many defensive sets that it outspeeds or try to go for a setup sweep with SD quick attack.

After that I figured I needed a wall and a rocks setter, so I decided to go for Chansey since it fills that role decently.

Same logic with Corviknight expect with defog and a physical wall instead of a special one. I also like Corviknight here because of it's access to U-Turn, allowing for it to pivot into one of the many offensive threats.

Ash Gren went here cus I wanted spikes and another win con

Rilla went here cus I wanted grassy terrain for the added recovery and another wallbreaker/pivot/wincon.

Volc went here cus I wanted another setup sweeper as a wincon, except a special one instead this time.

This is truly one of the teams of all time.

Apologies for the delay, voting is now live! Vote for your favorite Diggersby team by Wednesday, February 14th at 11:59 PM GMT-6.

Team A: Diggersby Semi Rain by Medasus

Scarf rabbit genuinely hits like a truck courtesy of doubled attack stat. Breaks and pivots ig

IDK why but double Scarf seems to be kinda nice here. Basically just breaks and cleans up.

So I thought I looked kinda yard weak as the original version had rillaboom so I decided to add this. At that point made it semi rain caus why not

Fuck mega swampert this guy is the real goat rain sweeper. Banded liquidations ccs and stuff hit like a nuke under rain

This guy really likes rain and can clean up if it gets a ko courtesy of battle bond. Gets some nice coverage

Defogs and I needed Hazard control. Pretty nice breaker as well and good speed control if terrains not up. (ik that can be annoying just need play around it)
Team B: Diggersby Balance by Zeo1
Imma be honest. I really tried to make this mon work, but I just couldn't. Eventually I came up with this team, went 1-0 on the ladder against a sleepy 1400s rain player(Diggersby did nothing) and called it a day. Use the team at your own discretion.

Diggersby Balance
https://pokepast.es/fe29ce677e0f6f07
:ss/(Diggersby): :ss/(Chansey): :ss/(Corviknight): :ss/(Greninja-Ash): :ss/(Rillaboom): :ss/(Volcarona):

Diggersby's EV spread allows it to outspeed standard defensive Heatran, Fini(whirlpool, CM, and Defog), defensive Lando, and a few other notable things. I put the extra EVs into HP for some added bulk. The goal is basically to either wallbreak against the many defensive sets that it outspeeds or try to go for a setup sweep with SD quick attack.

After that I figured I needed a wall and a rocks setter, so I decided to go for Chansey since it fills that role decently.

Same logic with Corviknight expect with defog and a physical wall instead of a special one. I also like Corviknight here because of it's access to U-Turn, allowing for it to pivot into one of the many offensive threats.

Ash Gren went here cus I wanted spikes and another win con

Rilla went here cus I wanted grassy terrain for the added recovery and another wallbreaker/pivot/wincon.

Volc went here cus I wanted another setup sweeper as a wincon, except a special one instead this time.

This is truly one of the teams of all time.

Congratulations Medasus and their Diggersby team for winning Cycle 3 of the Teambuilding Competition!

:ss/Buzzwole:
Our next featured mon is Buzzwole! With Buzzwole being the first Ultrabeast in this teambuilding competition, I'm excited to see how players will utilize this mon.

Submissions end on Monday, February 19th @ 11:59 AM GMT.

buzzwole’s a cool guy. a unique typing, phenomenal bulk, a colorful movepool, and a workable speed tier alongside a good attack stat means that this guy is honestly quite flexible and can do a lot of different things. on this team, we decided to make buzzwole its HDB tank set, and here’s the product
buzzington+2 tapus bo
:ss/buzzwole: :ss/slowking-galar: :ss/tapu_koko: :ss/tapu_fini: :ss/weavile: :ss/landorus-therian:
https://pokepast.es/7c79d59804f08f52
by smg and averagetoxapexlover (he’s my partner for this totw!!)
anyways
:buzzwole:
featured shitmon of the team, he’s just here to function as a good physical sponge and 1v1 many of the tiers physical attackers, alongside also being quite strong in its own right. combined with future sight and stealth rock, it is really hard to switch into him, and he helps absorb knock offs, force switches from lopunny, garchomp, weavile, etc.
:slowking-galar:
the silly king of galar, paired with mr buzz to absorb the tiers moonblasts and provide it with powerful future sights that help it muscle through stuff like toxapex. its stan sludge bombs help eliminate fairies, flamethrowero dent corviknight, skarm, and particularly ferro that helps open up koko to do its cm bullshit scald punishes physical attackers and also helps buzz 1v1 them more effectively
:tapu_koko:
cm koko again, this time with a z move! hes just to provide a good wincon and speed control that lets fini not get worn down as easily trying to come into greninja and weavile. its also a solid knock off absorber
:tapu_fini:
scarf is just here for speed control+its our fogger, just all around solid role compression, and misty terrain is generally nice for buzz and weavile who would rather not be statused
:weavile:
he pursuits trap stuff and is just kinda the general firepower this team needs, its ability to pressure out many slower pokemon via its raw power and knock off to make progress is very appreciated. he also loves buzzwole and the other fairies sponging all the cc’s flying around in the tier
again just here for the role compression, a rocker that fucks up a lot of physical attackers and can check stuff whilst providing a safe switchin into the attackers our team has, whilst being able to actually check mega charizard-x, a pokemon that buzzwole cant answer.

anyways uh someone else please post here and shout out to averagetoxapexlover

Ineros

Checkmate, move along!
is a Pre-Contributor
:Buzzwole: :Latias-Mega: :Ferrothorn: :Weavile: :Gliscor: :Tapu Fini:
(Click mons for paste)
Ok so I didn’t even come up with half this team lol I came up with the buzz-mtias core but the rest of the mons I got help from Solaros & Lunaris because I suck at this tier so much (Thanks for the help btw). I just pulled the sets from what looked best so don’t expect them to be the best in practice lol.

Anyway buzz is the main mon built around here; it checks Weav, sd Glisc, and mlop more consistently than something like fini or Glisc. Standard set because I don’t have the luxury of being innovative in this tier yet lol. It has helmet to help against stuff like Weav and to make sure things like Lando and mlop don’t u turn on you for free. Mtias is one of the best wincons in this tier, having a great defensive typing that helps check stuff like zapdos and heatran for buzz, while in return buzz helps beat the darks and melm for mtias because this is the ice beam set, which helps against Glisc (again) and opposing mtias. Ferro is a very important piece to this team, being able to check ashgren and kyurem with body press. Yeah it has body press just to help against kyurem. Besides that spikes forces insane progress against things like pex and msciz. Weav helps pursuit trap stuff like mtias, deod, and reun (deod cheese is actually crazy this gen lmao) as well as being an excellent breaker in its own right. Glisc helps provide rocks and pivoting because yeah ig u turn exists this Gen. U turn is being used to pivot in stuff like Weav and buzz safely, mainly Weav to pursuit trap stuff like ice beam mtias trying to snipe you. Fini is another check to ashgren and Weav which is always nice but it also improves the taunt Tran mu. It is also good speed control to rkill threats to this team like mmedi and kyurem. Also helps buzz avoid status from stuff like scald and toxic. Trick scarf is always helpful into defensive mons like clef and pex, severely hindering their utility.

:Scizor-mega: DON’T RUN INTO THIS or if you are a funny dude you could put Myst fire mtias which ig would work considering Glisc is already a winnable mu. You could also put bulk up buzz but idt that’s a thing this gen lololol
Edit: change u turn to toxic on Glisc it makes this team not insta lose to setup stuff like xard and Mtias lol https://pokepast.es/f1d95f30379d9680

Last edited:
Alright, Voting is now LIVE! Vote for your favorite Buzzwole team by Wednesday, February 21st at 11:59 PM GMT-6.

Team A: Boots Buzzwole by smg (notfunny) & averagetoxapexlover
buzzwole’s a cool guy. a unique typing, phenomenal bulk, a colorful movepool, and a workable speed tier alongside a good attack stat means that this guy is honestly quite flexible and can do a lot of different things. on this team, we decided to make buzzwole its HDB tank set, and here’s the product
buzzington+2 tapus bo
:ss/buzzwole: :ss/slowking-galar: :ss/tapu_koko: :ss/tapu_fini: :ss/weavile: :ss/landorus-therian:
https://pokepast.es/7c79d59804f08f52
by smg and averagetoxapexlover (he’s my partner for this totw!!)
anyways
:buzzwole:
featured shitmon of the team, he’s just here to function as a good physical sponge and 1v1 many of the tiers physical attackers, alongside also being quite strong in its own right. combined with future sight and stealth rock, it is really hard to switch into him, and he helps absorb knock offs, force switches from lopunny, garchomp, weavile, etc.
:slowking-galar:
the silly king of galar, paired with mr buzz to absorb the tiers moonblasts and provide it with powerful future sights that help it muscle through stuff like toxapex. its stan sludge bombs help eliminate fairies, flamethrowero dent corviknight, skarm, and particularly ferro that helps open up koko to do its cm bullshit scald punishes physical attackers and also helps buzz 1v1 them more effectively
:tapu_koko:
cm koko again, this time with a z move! hes just to provide a good wincon and speed control that lets fini not get worn down as easily trying to come into greninja and weavile. its also a solid knock off absorber
:tapu_fini:
scarf is just here for speed control+its our fogger, just all around solid role compression, and misty terrain is generally nice for buzz and weavile who would rather not be statused
:weavile:
he pursuits trap stuff and is just kinda the general firepower this team needs, its ability to pressure out many slower pokemon via its raw power and knock off to make progress is very appreciated. he also loves buzzwole and the other fairies sponging all the cc’s flying around in the tier
again just here for the role compression, a rocker that fucks up a lot of physical attackers and can check stuff whilst providing a safe switchin into the attackers our team has, whilst being able to actually check mega charizard-x, a pokemon that buzzwole cant answer.

anyways uh someone else please post here and shout out to averagetoxapexlover
Team B: Helmet Buzzwole by Ineros
:Buzzwole: :Latias-Mega: :Ferrothorn: :Weavile: :Gliscor: :Tapu Fini:
(Click mons for paste)
Ok so I didn’t even come up with half this team lol I came up with the buzz-mtias core but the rest of the mons I got help from Solaros & Lunaris because I suck at this tier so much (Thanks for the help btw). I just pulled the sets from what looked best so don’t expect them to be the best in practice lol.

Anyway buzz is the main mon built around here; it checks Weav, sd Glisc, and mlop more consistently than something like fini or Glisc. Standard set because I don’t have the luxury of being innovative in this tier yet lol. It has helmet to help against stuff like Weav and to make sure things like Lando and mlop don’t u turn on you for free. Mtias is one of the best wincons in this tier, having a great defensive typing that helps check stuff like zapdos and heatran for buzz, while in return buzz helps beat the darks and melm for mtias because this is the ice beam set, which helps against Glisc (again) and opposing mtias. Ferro is a very important piece to this team, being able to check ashgren and kyurem with body press. Yeah it has body press just to help against kyurem. Besides that spikes forces insane progress against things like pex and msciz. Weav helps pursuit trap stuff like mtias, deod, and reun (deod cheese is actually crazy this gen lmao) as well as being an excellent breaker in its own right. Glisc helps provide rocks and pivoting because yeah ig u turn exists this Gen. U turn is being used to pivot in stuff like Weav and buzz safely, mainly Weav to pursuit trap stuff like ice beam mtias trying to snipe you. Fini is another check to ashgren and Weav which is always nice but it also improves the taunt Tran mu. It is also good speed control to rkill threats to this team like mmedi and kyurem. Also helps buzz avoid status from stuff like scald and toxic. Trick scarf is always helpful into defensive mons like clef and pex, severely hindering their utility.

:Scizor-mega: DON’T RUN INTO THIS or if you are a funny dude you could put Myst fire mtias which ig would work considering Glisc is already a winnable mu. You could also put bulk up buzz but idt that’s a thing this gen lololol
Edit: change u turn to toxic on Glisc it makes this team not insta lose to setup stuff like xard and Mtias lol https://pokepast.es/f1d95f30379d9680
Team C: Choice Band Buzzwole by jawsome274
https://pokepast.es/03a730f33bdc1853

too lazy to give commentary just overwhelm phys checks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)