Project Gen8 National Dex OU Teambuilding Competition

Congratulations smg (notfunny) & averagetoxapexlover for winning Cycle 4 of the Teambuilding Competition!
buzzwole’s a cool guy. a unique typing, phenomenal bulk, a colorful movepool, and a workable speed tier alongside a good attack stat means that this guy is honestly quite flexible and can do a lot of different things. on this team, we decided to make buzzwole its HDB tank set, and here’s the product
buzzington+2 tapus bo
:ss/buzzwole: :ss/slowking-galar: :ss/tapu_koko: :ss/tapu_fini: :ss/weavile: :ss/landorus-therian:
https://pokepast.es/7c79d59804f08f52
by smg and averagetoxapexlover (he’s my partner for this totw!!)
anyways
:buzzwole:
featured shitmon of the team, he’s just here to function as a good physical sponge and 1v1 many of the tiers physical attackers, alongside also being quite strong in its own right. combined with future sight and stealth rock, it is really hard to switch into him, and he helps absorb knock offs, force switches from lopunny, garchomp, weavile, etc.
:slowking-galar:
the silly king of galar, paired with mr buzz to absorb the tiers moonblasts and provide it with powerful future sights that help it muscle through stuff like toxapex. its stan sludge bombs help eliminate fairies, flamethrowero dent corviknight, skarm, and particularly ferro that helps open up koko to do its cm bullshit scald punishes physical attackers and also helps buzz 1v1 them more effectively
:tapu_koko:
cm koko again, this time with a z move! hes just to provide a good wincon and speed control that lets fini not get worn down as easily trying to come into greninja and weavile. its also a solid knock off absorber
:tapu_fini:
scarf is just here for speed control+its our fogger, just all around solid role compression, and misty terrain is generally nice for buzz and weavile who would rather not be statused
:weavile:
he pursuits trap stuff and is just kinda the general firepower this team needs, its ability to pressure out many slower pokemon via its raw power and knock off to make progress is very appreciated. he also loves buzzwole and the other fairies sponging all the cc’s flying around in the tier
:landorus-therian:
again just here for the role compression, a rocker that fucks up a lot of physical attackers and can check stuff whilst providing a safe switchin into the attackers our team has, whilst being able to actually check mega charizard-x, a pokemon that buzzwole cant answer.

anyways uh someone else please post here and shout out to averagetoxapexlover
:ss/tapu-bulu:
Our next featured mon is Tapu Bulu! Arguably the most underused Tapu, I think it's time we give Bulu some love. Show us what synergies you can pull off with Bulu!

Submissions end on Monday, February 26th @ 11:59 AM GMT.

:ss/Lopunny-Mega::sv/heatran: :ss/Corviknight: :ss/Tapu Bulu: :sv/Tyranitar: :ss/Mawile-Mega:

https://pokepast.es/415cc82cd802acc1

short sample submission always liked bulu and thought it was a really underated tapu so heres a quick team i built

:ss/Lopunny-Mega:
fast strong late game sweeper with priority that is usefull for revenge killing threats

:sv/heatran:
great defensive typing and aids alot from grassy terrain weakening eq and extra recovery

:ss/Corviknight:
great in checking many offensive threats like lele ,kart and rillaboom whilst providng defog and slow piviots

:ss/Tapu Bulu:
featured mon that has underated bulk and healing with a great defensive typing for wall ogerpon w whilst also changing terrains which harm terrain focused teams

:sv/Tyranitar:
unbreakable wall that can easily live any special and most phys attacks whilst setting up hazzard and negating setup sweeps

:ss/Mawile-Mega:
does a crazy amount of damage and has a great defensive typing

sorry for any spelling mistakes , ignore nicknames

Last edited:
DUAL SCREENS BULU (ft. acupressure mmedi)

https://pokepast.es/b38c761814b059ba

Crackhead hyperoffense which uses bulu in a different way than ever before.

:excadrill:
Suicide lead extraordinaire, get rocks and die. If they don't kill you, do it yourself with steel beam.

:medicham-mega:
This set was made during the peak of acupressure’s controversy, and its a complete slot machine. Mmedi was already coin flip with hjk, but now you can roll the stacked-dice with acupressure. Every roll but sptk is a benefit, if you get evasion then its gg.

:tapu bulu:
The guy. Sets screens, taunts defog attempts and checks ash greninja. Probably the funniest screen setter.

:volcarona:
Bulkarona who takes two bulky lando eqs with ease, abuse heatran with mmedi or manaphy whenever possible.

:manaphy:
Salac berry is a cool tech which can activate passively as opposed to z rain dance. Ev’d to outrun lando and lele after a salac and the rest of the set should obliterate most things slower than you.

:thundurus-therian:
My baby boy. +2 sptk +2 speed behind screens and go crazy. +2 sptk fight z obliterates chansey after rocks and other absurd stuff. Send him out once gliscor gets packed up.

Ignore nicknames, I was 12

cool team with scarf bulu https://pokepast.es/3a6311b52a67f0d8

:Mawile-Mega:
good wall breaker and sweeper + good offensive + defensive typing

:Greninja-Ash:
2nd good wall breaker + spikes for hazard staking

:Landorus-Therian:
classical Landorus t pivoting + defog. it's my def wall

:Heatran:
Heatran it's my spdf wall + rock setter

:Reuniclus:
grassy seed is good for increase bulk with bulu terrain + good mu agains stall

:Tapu Bulu:
this set surprises a lot while being quite defensive. toxic punished on the switch and you can outspeed lot of mon in the meta game. ( can check Ash Gren)

(sorry for my bad English)

bulu is a cool guy and rillaboom is a fraud.
heres the team
:ss/tapu_bulu: :ss/zapdos: :sm/scizor_mega: :ss/weavile: :ss/heatran: :ss/landorus-therian:
https://pokepast.es/96c13aba6c7d6ca8

:tapu_bulu: featured shitmon, i chose band because haha wood hammer dopamine rush. hes a cool guy he just clicks vs some bulkier teams and likes zapdos and lando getting him in safely
:zapdos: cool guy has good offensive pressure into the birds and provides pivoting
:scizor_mega: main wincon all he does is just sd check some things and blow stuff up against weakened teams
:weavile: speed control, all he does is clickity click and helps vs flyings and dragons
:heatran: traps pex and gets rocks whilst also handling fires
:landorus-therian: role compression and physical blanket check mostly here not to die to xard.

Voting is now LIVE! Vote for your favorite Tapu-Bulu team by Wednesday, February 28th at 11:59 PM GMT-6.

Team A: SD Bulu Balance by Chino_
:ss/Lopunny-Mega::sv/heatran: :ss/Corviknight: :ss/Tapu Bulu: :sv/Tyranitar: :ss/Mawile-Mega:

https://pokepast.es/415cc82cd802acc1

short sample submission always liked bulu and thought it was a really underated tapu so heres a quick team i built

:ss/Lopunny-Mega:
fast strong late game sweeper with priority that is usefull for revenge killing threats

:sv/heatran:
great defensive typing and aids alot from grassy terrain weakening eq and extra recovery

:ss/Corviknight:
great in checking many offensive threats like lele ,kart and rillaboom whilst providng defog and slow piviots

:ss/Tapu Bulu:
featured mon that has underated bulk and healing with a great defensive typing for wall ogerpon w whilst also changing terrains which harm terrain focused teams

:sv/Tyranitar:
unbreakable wall that can easily live any special and most phys attacks whilst setting up hazzard and negating setup sweeps

:ss/Mawile-Mega:
does a crazy amount of damage and has a great defensive typing

sorry for any spelling mistakes , ignore nicknames
Team B: Dual Screens Bulu by Xurkiyee

Suicide lead extraordinaire, get rocks and die. If they don't kill you, do it yourself with steel beam.

This set was made during the peak of acupressure’s controversy, and its a complete slot machine. Mmedi was already coin flip with hjk, but now you can roll the stacked-dice with acupressure. Every roll but sptk is a benefit, if you get evasion then its gg.

The guy. Sets screens, taunts defog attempts and checks ash greninja. Probably the funniest screen setter.

Bulkarona who takes two bulky lando eqs with ease, abuse heatran with mmedi or manaphy whenever possible.

Salac berry is a cool tech which can activate passively as opposed to z rain dance. Ev’d to outrun lando and lele after a salac and the rest of the set should obliterate most things slower than you.

My baby boy. +2 sptk +2 speed behind screens and go crazy. +2 sptk fight z obliterates chansey after rocks and other absurd stuff. Send him out once gliscor gets packed up.

Team C: Scarf Bulu by ARTYMASION
cool team with scarf bulu https://pokepast.es/3a6311b52a67f0d8

:Mawile-Mega:
good wall breaker and sweeper + good offensive + defensive typing

:Greninja-Ash:
2nd good wall breaker + spikes for hazard staking

:Landorus-Therian:
classical Landorus t pivoting + defog. it's my def wall

:Heatran:
Heatran it's my spdf wall + rock setter

:Reuniclus:
grassy seed is good for increase bulk with bulu terrain + good mu agains stall

:Tapu Bulu:
this set surprises a lot while being quite defensive. toxic punished on the switch and you can outspeed lot of mon in the meta game. ( can check Ash Gren)

(sorry for my bad English)
Team D: Choice Band Bulu by smg (notfunny)
bulu is a cool guy and rillaboom is a fraud.
heres the team
:ss/tapu_bulu: :ss/zapdos: :sm/scizor_mega: :ss/weavile: :ss/heatran: :ss/landorus-therian:
https://pokepast.es/96c13aba6c7d6ca8

:tapu_bulu: featured shitmon, i chose band because haha wood hammer dopamine rush. hes a cool guy he just clicks vs some bulkier teams and likes zapdos and lando getting him in safely
:zapdos: cool guy has good offensive pressure into the birds and provides pivoting
:scizor_mega: main wincon all he does is just sd check some things and blow stuff up against weakened teams
:weavile: speed control, all he does is clickity click and helps vs flyings and dragons
:heatran: traps pex and gets rocks whilst also handling fires
:landorus-therian: role compression and physical blanket check mostly here not to die to xard.
Team E: Rockium-Z Bulu by jawsome274
https://pokepast.es/e630966d18cd3c37

team is fun, kinda slow but toxic protect melm is a fucking menace and cannot die. chomp can be lorb base i guess

Slowpoke Fan

Slow?
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I would have voted for Chino_ if he didn't use Corviknight as his Rillaboom/Kartana check bird (on a BO team no less :worrywhirl:) with Heavy-Duty Boots when it's his Knock Off absorber, but since he did I will be going for Team B from Xurkiyee. smg (notfunny), ARTYMASION and jawsome274 all built interesting teams as well that put them in the mix, but minor quibbles with some of their sets/Pokemon selections/etc prevented them getting my vote.

P.S. I just noticed that Chino_'s Heatran has 8 leftover EVs :psycry:

Congratulations Xurkiyee for winning cycle 5 of the Teambuilding Competition!

:ss/greninja:
Our next featured mon is Greninja! With Battlebond and Protean both being nerfed in Generation 9, I think it's time we bring back prime Greninja onto the drawingboard. Show us what heat Greninja teams you have!

Submissions end on Monday, March 4th @ 11:59 AM GMT.

Last edited:

Slowpoke Fan

Slow?
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader

Click on the sprites for the Pokepaste
Idea with this team is to use Ash-Greninja and Weavile as breakers with Future Sight support while hazards wear down the opposing team. Team is a bit fat but hardly passive since every defensive Pokemon on this team has access to high BP STAB moves and workable offensive stats. Use Weavile to pursuit trap or threaten Ash-Greninja's checks and Ferrothorn or Mega Venusaur to handle the bulky waters that Weavile cannot remove, such as Rotom-W or Tapu Fini. This team gets 6-0ed by Volcarona if you let it set up, so play proactively against it unless you are okay with slotting rock slide on Lando :psycry:

Voting is now LIVE! Vote for your favorite Greninja team by Wednesday, March 6th at 11:59 PM GMT-6.

Team A: Gren Fat by Slowpoke Fan

Click on the sprites for the Pokepaste
Idea with this team is to use Ash-Greninja and Weavile as breakers with Future Sight support while hazards wear down the opposing team. Team is a bit fat but hardly passive since every defensive Pokemon on this team has access to high BP STAB moves and workable offensive stats. Use Weavile to pursuit trap or threaten Ash-Greninja's checks and Ferrothorn or Mega Venusaur to handle the bulky waters that Weavile cannot remove, such as Rotom-W or Tapu Fini. This team gets 6-0ed by Volcarona if you let it set up, so play proactively against it unless you are okay with slotting rock slide on Lando :psycry:
Team B: Heavy Duty Boots Greninja by smg (notfunny)
greninja is a cool guy with 2 cool abilities. for this build i opted to use the hdb spa set, so here we go.
:ss/greninja: :ss/clefable: :ss/gliscor: :sm/latias-mega: :ss/toxapex: :ss/heatran:
https://pokepast.es/29165613b0fc7092
hdb gren fat
idrk what to say gren is speed control its teammates like spike and appreciate it sniping stuff like heatran ferro lando gliscor and then they go crazy with hstack support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)