GTS Cloning Trick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade Manaphy?

Couldn't get it to work. The timing is extremely difficult. I do understand the concept for the most part though. You have to turn off the DS right before the system switches to the GTS screen. A requirement is getting that blue screen as Jibaku said. I still seem to be off though.

Btw, I've been testing with Magikarp. If I messed up and lost Manaphy, I'd have to restart my copy of Pokemon Ranger again...

And once I do get the trick going, I'll gladly trade. My Manaphy is Modest.
I would like one! PM or AIM me.

Is it true that there's also a similar method of cloning that you can do at the day care center? Also, if you do this GTS trick, does a WiFi signal have to be detected or can you just put the Pokémon in it anytime?

Cloning is actually quite easy, guys. I was just able to clone a manaphy and a JPN darkrai. Both on the first try. you have to upload it normally, just to see how long it takes. Take it back, count that too. And then do it based on how fast it uploads and comes back.

Is it true that there's also a similar method of cloning that you can do at the day care center? Also, if you do this GTS trick, does a WiFi signal have to be detected or can you just put the Pokémon in it anytime?
considering you have to get on the internet to get on gts, yeah it has to be detected.

= Bump =

I just tried cloning with a little help from Jibaku. But now GTS keeps rejecting me after I got the blue screen and checked if the clone was there.

There was no clone and the pokemon was just in my boxes.

But now GTS keeps rejecting me [disconnect from GTS] - did someone also experienced this?

I'm actually experiencing that right now and I didn't even try to clone anything yet, so maybe the GTS is down for some reason. I doubt that cloning messed it up.

Yes. The timing is insanely hard, though. I find it working best at 7 3/4
i got 2 questions about this

1: does the 1st rotation that appears as soon as you go to do the deposit count for the 7 3/4 or does it start after the 1st rotation..........ive cloned before and always used to start counting after that 1st rotation but ived never really checked the time it took me 2 do it

2: how long was the gts down?...........i tried to clone yesterday and i cudnt get it done at all

just wanna clear these up............thx

the 7 3/4 is not an definite time. Mine varies constantly, so I shut mine off at 8 exactly because that seems to be the general average of it all. Experimentation is key.

Ive tried this 4 times, and succeeded 4 all 4 times. i shut it off at 8. that seems to be the time to shut it off that has the highest success rate.

I don't think anyone has mentioned this yet...but Mattson from The FAQs has come up with a way to improve the odds of success.

Mattson from GameFAQs said:
Anyway, first lets look at your router.(if you're using the Nintendo WiFi USB adapter then I"m sorry) I'm using a Linksys Wireless Router, I don't know the exact model off hand but its fairly new. If you have one :D then great. Anyway, there are three lights on that router. A steady green one on the left, a green light in the middle, and a green light that is always stuttering way on the right.(and id you want to be nitpicky, an orange one that lights up the Linksy's symbol)

What do these lights mean? Well, they are all unimportant to be honest, except the middle light, that is the one that is important, and if I recall correctly it's called WLAN, though I'm not 100% on that, I'm too lazy to get up and check right now. The name doesnt matter, in due time you will know what I'm talking about.

You may notice the light in the middle periodically blinking. That light basically blinks when ever data gets sent out or comes in from your router. Go ahead, test it out. When ever you click a link you'll notice this light blinks. Seriously, try it, refresh this page. Hit F5, you'll notice the light blinks every time you hit F5. It also blinks when ever you send an IM or recieve one. That's your computer recieving and sending out data to where ever. Get used to that blinking, because thats what you need to watch.

I disconnected all computers from the router to do this, if you have other people in your house using the computer or seeding torrents, then I am sorry, this just wont work for you. Go back to guessing at 7.0-8.5 revolutions. If you disconnect all computers from the router and notice the light is still blinking then that means you have some pesky neighbors, go get a hacker friend and brick their rig.

So, the only thing using my router was my DS. First of all, set up the glitch like normal and test out the blinking. Use a Bidoof. Choose your Bidoof, then the gender, then the level... after choosing the level its going to prompt you "Yes or No" hold it right here, this is where you're going to want to watch the light. After hitting yes this is where you'd usually start counting the revolutions. Instead, look at your router and hit yes. The instant you hit Yes you'll notice the light will blink, this is you sending out data. Well, about 10 to 15 seconds later you'll notice the light start blinking again, this is Nintendo pinging you back. Right after the light stops blinking, you'll notice the trade is going through. You can try this over and over again and you'll notice I'm right, and if you see blinks in between then, well something is sending out data using your router, its that simple.

Well, here's what you want to do to get the cloning glitch to work. Put your trade in, where you'd normally start counting revolutions watch your router like a hawk, you're going to have to not blink for about 15 seconds, so good luck. When you see the router blink for the second time, turn your DS off. You pretty much want to press the power button while the light is blinking and you want the power to be off before the light stops blinking, you have literally maybe a 25 millisecond window. I'd imagine this is easier with a DS light because you can just flick the switch down and not even look at your DS.

If you turn off the DS right when the light starts blinking then its safe to say you cloned your pokemon. If you see the "your save file has been corrupted" message, then I can almost garuntee this trick worked for you(granted you powered down right when the light started blinking). If you come back and do not see the corrupted file, then that means you were too slow and the trade went thru. It's as simple as that.

Can't turn off all the computers or stop your sisters from using the internet? Well, there is hope for you. I suggest, counting revolutions again. Count 7 revolutions then shoot your gaze to your router, the next time that light blinks turn your **** off, it will probably work, infact, I look at the revolutions even when I cut everyone off just so I can blink.
Link to topic:
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs9/genmessage.php?board=925601&topic=35220142

They nerfed this didn't they? I used the wireless router method and could clone without fail, but now if you offer a Pokemon it stops far earlier than it used to. :(

Cloning still works. I cloned an Electabuzz a few hours back, so apparently the GTS going down a few days back has nothing to do with fixing the glitch.

There is a better way to do it. It involves something with watching your router for incoming info. I can't remember it, but you turn it off the milisecond your router blinks if nothing else is using it.

sorry about the bump but im just confirming: could i just deposit the pokemon once instead of putting it in, taking it back out THEN putting it back it? i spent an hour trying to clone a Weavile last night, and it didnt work (i got to the blue screen but it was only in my box and not still up for trade) and i think deposting ONCE may make it faster. unless its been fixed all together, which i doubt.

also ive noticed when i deposit it always stops at 7.5 rotations (not turns, full rotations), when i would normally stop at 7.75 or 8. any1 else getting this? i tried the router method and it LOOKS like it will work but i have AIM up now so ill try it later.

sorry about the bump but im just confirming: could i just deposit the pokemon once instead of putting it in, taking it back out THEN putting it back it? i spent an hour trying to clone a Weavile last night, and it didnt work (i got to the blue screen but it was only in my box and not still up for trade) and i think deposting ONCE may make it faster. unless its been fixed all together, which i doubt.

also ive noticed when i deposit it always stops at 7.5 rotations (not turns, full rotations), when i would normally stop at 7.75 or 8. any1 else getting this? i tried the router method and it LOOKS like it will work but i have AIM up now so ill try it later.
You want to count the number of rotations when you deposit it, then when withdrawing, one rotation before the number you counted earlier... ie: if the thing rotated 9 times when you deposited snorlax, then when you withdraw the snorlax, turn it off immediately on the 8th rotation. Of course the router thing is definitely more reliable but it is also very situational

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)