HEY WHAT'S GOING ON OH MY GOD (introduction to a forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
not capitalizing the forum name would scare off the significant ocd population of smogon

i am definitely in favour of capitals
Good thing the thread name has so many of them.

I have a question: Why is it all the whiny posters are people I've never heard of?

That kind of pedantry is what made both Cong and Firebot stifling places to be. I cannot believe people are getting their panties in a bunch over capitals. Did I miss it? Is it NaNoWriMo time again?

Who even likes Albany?

Guess I'll just throw in my 2 cents as everyone seems to be doing that.

So I do aprove of the merge of cong and firebot. Firebot was just flaming eachother and cong was a bit too serious sometimes (mostly considering the length of posts and argumentation). I do however, find it to be a bad thing that IR got thrown in here aswell. Not only does it make it too much to keep track of (with posts of the same day possibly appearing on page 2), it just doesnt feel right. Stuff like movies, music and games could use their own forum. The sports threads didnt get thrown in here, so why should those?

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
maybe you should read the whole thread before asking something

they already explained the whole "sports getting its own place" thing

if you disagree, post why otherwise keep your "opinion" to yourself because it's worthless without a reason

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i keep seeing the word "merger". this is not a merger.
firebot and cong are dead
this is a [new] forum

rules are different from both. there are no "firebot threads" and "cong threads" to stifle through. all threads are a forum threads.

if you disagree, post why otherwise keep your "opinion" to yourself because it's worthless without a reason
I do however, find it to be a bad thing that IR got thrown in here aswell. Not only does it make it too much to keep track of (with posts of the same day possibly appearing on page 2), it just doesnt feel right. Stuff like movies, music and games could use their own forum. The sports threads didnt get thrown in here, so why should those?
I think that qualifies as a reason??

Having things easier to keep track off can never be a bad thing.

i was addressing any would-be posters

the large amount of traffic pushing threads off page 1 too quickly is a valid concern imo but there's no problem with bumping a thread provided it's a meaningful bump, just to get that clear

Wouldn't the "serious" thread get mixed up with the "funny", and eventually get trolled or just not taken seriously?

Firestorm

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wouldn't the "serious" thread get mixed up with the "funny", and eventually get trolled or just not taken seriously?
We have moderators to keep things sorted out in the case people don't understand what "behave in the context of the situation" is.

Why is the forum named in lower case while the others are title case? It's making my OCD rage.

I miss IR, but that isn't a question. Can't filter out the other culture from the music threads. >_>

sorry cookie you posted right after optimusje said something and I thought you were arguing with him or something

man I'm really concerned about people acting too seriously about stuff you should joke about and vice versa but man that isn't a question so here's a question

since people seem a bit split on the issue could we have like a vote (a poll I guess) on whether or not to keep IR?

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
Why is the forum named in lower case while the others are title case? It's making my OCD rage.

I miss IR, but that isn't a question. Can't filter out the other culture from the music threads. >_>
using caps is too mainstream

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Jumpluff, mingot decided to do this to irritate the aspy tending smogon userbase. It appears to be working, and he could not be more delighted. So, for everyone who is annoyed at the lowercase and posting about it, please know that everytime you do mingot, sitting in his dark basement, is laughing at you and feeding off of your angst. It makes him more powerful and emboldens him to continue to "serve".

Jumpluff, mingot decided to do this to irritate the aspy tending smogon userbase. It appears to be working, and he could not be more delighted. So, for everyone who is annoyed at the lowercase and posting about it, please know that everytime you do mingot, sitting in his dark basement, is laughing at you and feeding off of your angst. It makes him more powerful and emboldens him to continue to "serve".
You bastard...

so hey is the whole getting back IR thing up for discussion

or what
Probably not for you.

Firestorm

hi Shade
so hey is the whole getting back IR thing up for discussion

or what
no not really. Cong and IR being separated hadn't made much sense for a while... This is really just the latest step in eliminating the forum! First it was Entertainment Reviews, then Other Competitive Games, and now finally Internet Renaissance itself =)

I haven't seen much reason for why we need a separate forum for topics about cultural works.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Will there be an equivalent of Firebans for a forum? If so, what would they be called? "a forumbans" sounds weird.
We probably won't need them, since we also ditched the "we never infract here" rule that we had in firebot. Keep in mind that this place is not going to be a minefield for posters where you're going to get infracted constantly.

But we will make use of them for people who constantly post crap.

but it's just so incongruent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)