NOC JOAT 10 Game Thread [Completed, GG Mafia]

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Celever, how do you do the scum equity charts, anyway?
I mean it's genuinely different for each slot, but to use you as an example (and this lowk might seem like ragging but is my thought process): when you let Haruno off and said they got better when they directly didn't do that, the immediate thought process is "so who are they covering for with this U-Turn". That's why you had W/W equity with the other active lurkers in the game, because it seemed like a rationale pull-back of "I just realised Haruno might post and then I should have to vote for another active lurker, eventually that lands on my partner if thread direction goes a certain way". The emphasis on active lurkers from the start somewhat precluded your scum partner being a highly active / contributory player, so I didn't think you were scum with Zippy or LS, and then I guess I left Neon as an obvtown enigma in the middle lol King Neon got zero W/W eq looking at the chart.

For others, I guess the really general rule is "did this player give them an easy ride or performatively bad time (W/W), are they actually going at it hard (T/T) and are they making proper valid points while going hard at it (T/W). Ultimately it is primarily a vibes-based thing though, and optimally multiple players make the chart without looking at each other's and cross-ref to get a hegemonic view.

Celever

i am town
I mean it's genuinely different for each slot, but to use you as an example (and this lowk might seem like ragging but is my thought process): when you let Haruno off and said they got better when they directly didn't do that, the immediate thought process is "so who are they covering for with this U-Turn". That's why you had W/W equity with the other active lurkers in the game, because it seemed like a rationale pull-back of "I just realised Haruno might post and then I should have to vote for another active lurker, eventually that lands on my partner if thread direction goes a certain way". The emphasis on active lurkers from the start somewhat precluded your scum partner being a highly active / contributory player, so I didn't think you were scum with Zippy or LS, and then I guess I left Neon as an obvtown enigma in the middle lol King Neon got zero W/W eq looking at the chart.

For others, I guess the really general rule is "did this player give them an easy ride or performatively bad time (W/W), are they actually going at it hard (T/T) and are they making proper valid points while going hard at it (T/W). Ultimately it is primarily a vibes-based thing though, and optimally multiple players make the chart without looking at each other's and cross-ref to get a hegemonic view.
But I did this chart in Actually 5 Minutes it was predominantly vibes, just less so wrt your slot and Ehmcee's slots as you two were my top scumreads. Like pulsar was a scumread because my view was AG / Ehmcee / deepwolf LS scum and pulsar is the most obvious average scumbuddy for any of those first mafia slots.

Celever

i am town
But I did this chart in Actually 5 Minutes it was predominantly vibes, just less so wrt your slot and Ehmcee's slots as you two were my top scumreads. Like pulsar was a scumread because my view was AG / Ehmcee / deepwolf LS scum and pulsar is the most obvious average scumbuddy for any of those first mafia slots.
Sidenote Ehmcee this game is why I detest meta reads because Ehmcee was actually just in his scum meta and I'm forsaking them for the future they're not real and also way more palatable to town than good reads such as consistency reads so they get voted easier

ftr I'm speaking with other circus mods a bit but I do think while smogon is not the overly pc mafia scene that mu can be seen as, we have in recent times got a few people being overly edgy and offensive for no reason

tilt and arguments are a nature of mafia, even though it's not desired in an ideal game, maliciousness and attacking the integrity of the game, hosts and most importantly other players is not tolerated

I am lenient as a mod (probably) because I mostly see myself as a game balancer and i don't really like clamping down on people. I ask people be respectful going forward (you'll likely see me say more in coming days), and not force me into making actions that make me feel like a child minder rather than a facilitator of a games the players should enjoy.
i don't think anything happened in this game that requires moderator intervention but thank you for keeping this in mind

i would also like to appeal neon's ban assuming that he is repentant

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)