ORAS OU Mega Lopunnies wrecking crew. (Balance team ranked 1570 and rising)

Introduction: My name is creator of chaos and I bid you Welcome to my bunnies wrecking crew and 2nd RMT.

Constructed After failed experiments around mega diancie. I decided to tryout everyone's favourite playboy bunny who's combination of speed, power and access to fake out wrecks anything offensive, Ultimatly combining the roles of cleaner and revenge killer into one and then Pair her up Gothitelle who could take care of the few pokemon capable of walling lopunny and finally a T-wave calm mind Clefable to give me both a win condition and a lure to aid Goth. Overall My team is a T-wave spaming bulky balance team built to take on the more offensive teams in the meta while paving the way for Lopunny to clean up.

Team at a Glance

Team in Detail

Innocent Bunny (Lopunny) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Fake Out
Detail: The workhorse of the team and the opposite of what you would expect from a playboy bunny. Through her perfect nuetral coverage, nice movepool and speed always puts in work be it cleaning, Trolling stall, acting as an anti lead or simply revenge killing. No matter the game she always puts in work. The set of Sub + Fake out allows Bunny to put in work against both offense and defensive teams. Fake out is there to get chip dmg and force 50/50s in my favour. Sub is there to troll status and more importantly beat Bisharp whose life orb sucker punch wuld otherwise ended my bunnies rampage

Checkmate (Gothitelle) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
Detail: Where Lopunny offer's Pure offensive power vs offense. Gothitelle lets me break stall Pokemon Such as skarmory, Slowbro, Hippowdon and even opposing fighting types like conkulduur who would usally beat the rest of the core are all Ultimatly nailed by Gothitelle. The Moveset is typical specs. Trick to nail Stall mons not 2hkoed by coverage and Psychic, HP fire, T-bolt for move's. The 160SPeed Evs outpace creeped rest talk gyarados. the 96HP evs avoid a 2hko from Mega medicham and the rest is in SPATK.

Dream Crusher (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
Detail: My favourite pokemon in ORAS and for good reason. Shutting down and luring Speedy mons with T-wave, Absorbing attacks for the team and calm minding to end games clefable is both my fairy typed check to much of the physical meta as well as my win condition and team support all rolled into 1 package. There is nothing else like pulling a clefable sweep. The Evs are designed to take as much physical punishment as possible while T-waving to both aid in calm minding and slow the oppenents for the rest of the team to pick off. The rest is self explanatory

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 8 SpD / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- U-turn
Detail: With core built I needed a way to stop metagross, Scizor and birds as well as compliment Lopunny Offensivly and set rocks. Enter Bulky Lando-T who's Pivoting abilities and typing were to perfect fit. Intimidate + U-turn wears down teams and earthquake nails steels. Max HP evs ensure it can take repeated hits. 8SPD avoids OHKO from HP ice mane and 108speed outpace's 72speed gliscor. the rest goes into attack

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split
Details: Next I added Rotom Wash to add to clefable's T-wave fun pretty much guaranteeing anything short of opposing electrics get there speed cut. Rotom also gives me a second check against steels and birds as well as letting me scout the likes of ferrothorn and Keldeo for items before dropping gothitelle into nail them. He's also my only real check to gliscor

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- U-turn
- Superpower
Details: Finally As the team came togethor its was clear I was weak to Serperior, Gardevoir, Specs Sylveon and other hard hitting special attackers and needed away check to them. Band Scizor not only fufills this role it gives me another avenue to gain momentoum completing my volt-turn engine and lategame cleaning up with bullet punch should I lose lopunny early

Threatlist:

These 6 are the main problems for my team. While lopunnies speed, Landos Bulk and clefables walling capacity check much of the meta they and there teamates do little here. SPDEF Stallbreaker gliscor and Swords dance scizor pretty much screw my team no matter how well I play. Gliscor essentailly taunts my slow team and walls lopunny while Scizor needs only lopunny worn down a little to began his own sweep. Mane while not as bad as the first 2 cant be paralysed and matchs lopunnies speed tier making him a huge threat when properly supported. There's little I can do to scolipede if I dont choice lock it with goth before it BP while the 2 hyper voice spammers clean me after scizor goes.

Replays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-211624345 me vs an offensive team
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-211318990 pretty funny vid where I set up on zard Y with clefable
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-205504858 one of my harder fought games

Importable: http://pastebin.com/YPU7bqB6

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-205194468
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-205195660
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-205801381

Anway thats my team Feel free to comment, give advice or rate it :P

Last edited:
Hey, man. Firstly, I'm not sure why you have Sub on your Lop when you could easily run some extra coverage like Ice Punch to break through Garchomp's, Gliscors and such. On your present bunny set, I think the extra coverage is preferred while Sub is more preferred in for the Sub PuP variants, which allow you to make better use of the Sub to set up with and can afford to run the weaker Drain Punch to roll back the recoil damage due to the ability to set up. So yeah, my recommendations are Sub PuP or all-out attacker, probably all-out attacker since Gliscor can wall about 5/6ths of your team.
Secondly, I think Smack Down has much better utility on an offensive Lando like that tbh, you have two T-Wave users already, I think you're nice and stocked up on the speed cutting utility (I think maybe double T-Wave is a tad overkill too, but I'll get there later). Smack Down lets you catch common switch-ins to Lando like Skarm and Rotom and hit them with an EQ next turn, even landing an OHKO on Rotom before it Hydros or Will-Os which is good because Rotom does look potentially annoying for this team. I'm also not sure about your set, it looks a bit like an offensive set trying to be bulky. I'd recommend you go all-out offensive Rock-setter which can help you seriously break walls and make it easier for your team to break through and Lop to clean up at the end. Also, what's the speed for? 88 is all that's needed to outspeed Adamant Bisharp and such, 184 outspeeds Jolly Sharp, M-Altaria, Diggersby and such, and max outspeeds Timid Heatran and Adamant Exca. 108 puzzles me.
Your Clef lacks Flamethrower and as such is just asking for a Scizor to come in and kill it. Flamethrower is a must on CM Clef due to how well it can stop a lot of threatening Steels that would otherwise wall the everloving shit out of you like Ferro and Scizor, Thunder Wave utility, which you already have, does not outweigh offensive coverage.
Lastly, Bug Bite and U-Turn on your Sciz is somewhat redundant. I think Knock Off coverage could be pretty invaluable with how it can neuter Choiced wall-breakers, Eviolite Chansey and other fat mons and their fucking Leftovers, etc. It could help you against being broken through or our-stalled which is pretty damn helpful and overall s better option than two Bug moves.
Hope this helped.

Amber (Lopunny) (F) @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

Candy (Lopunny) (F) @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Power-Up Punch
- Return
- Drain Punch

Doge (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Soft Sand
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Smack Down
- Stealth Rock

The Fabled Clef (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Snip Snip (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Thanks for the rate tho im sure some of my choices are already explained. Sub on bunny is to ensure I dont lose to bisharp or scarfed keldeo. late game without it im forced to sack stuff and use fake out to nail kills which is unreliable. The set works well and the last thing I want to do is trade a gliscor weakness for a bisharp weakness.

Also I think your under rating twave clef. Not only does it let me set on wouldbe counters like heatran and zard y. It aids gothitelle and lures in and cripples metagross which is huge. Twavw basically eases predictions for team and ive never liked flamethrower on clef

108 speed on lando is to outpace 72speed gliscor tho I like the smack down idea and outpacing gliscor has done little for me so far. I'll try out the smackdown set. And I'll try knock off scizor.

Thanks for your help so far

Last edited:
Did I completely overlook the speed mention? Wow, I did, sorry about that. XD Regardless, of all the things to outspeed I don't think Glis is one of the most threatening, if you're going to go that high then you might as well go to 184 to threaten Jolly Bish, and everything else I mentioned.
And I'd also recommend Sub PuP bunny again if you're adamant on keeping Sub, I do think the coverage is more valuable but PuP at least helps you take better advantage of the Sub and it gives you leave to run Drain Punch for a more sustainable bunny and also means you don't have to be so conservative about how often you Sub up because the Sub HP loss can be regained. Your choice though, just my thoughts.

Yeah im definitely changing the lando set. I'll probably go 88speed to outpace adamant bisharp since I run into those more while bunny deals with anything faster anyway.

As for sub pup If I try it I'll do it after I get reqs since I don't want to jeporodise my coil when im only 4 wins from 2700 and sub fake out has been good thus far.

Thanks again.

Alright I definatly need a better check to Mega scizor that thing repeatadly wrecked me tonight and I have to say its a larger problem for me then gliscor right now. Especially the bulky swords dance variant that I simply can not power through. I'm Willing to Drop Either Rotom or Scizor as long they either maintain momentoum, spread paralysis or something similar like trick and if possible prioty. Basically something that fits the team and I'm open to ideas

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah aside from Mega Scizor, Mega Gyarados 6-0s your team at the moment. I'll probs pop in with a longer rate since I'm busy with some work rn :] fren :] Also you don't have any replays of our battles... zzz

Alright I definatly need a better check to Mega scizor that thing repeatadly wrecked me tonight and I have to say its a larger problem for me then gliscor right now. Especially the bulky swords dance variant that I simply can not power through. I'm Willing to Drop Either Rotom or Scizor as long they either maintain momentoum, spread paralysis or something similar like trick and if possible prioty. Basically something that fits the team and I'm open to ideas
Maybe some sort of Talonflame set can help you with Mega Scizor and Hyper Voice spammers. It also beats Scolipede 1v1 unless its the stupid Iron Defense BP set. I don't know if you can fit that into your team but it seems like it would work. Also for BoltBeamers you could change your Clefable set to this one right below. It avoids the 2HKO from LO Thundurus and beats Mega Manectric easier.
Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Talonflame doesn't sound half bad and neither does Victini for that matter (been looking for an excuse to use this for ages). Problem is if I add one of them will I also be required to add anti hazard support?

Ignoring that question What would be the best set for Talon. Classic band bird, Sky Plate or Stallbreaker given my teams nature?

Additional Post
Alright after hearing everyones Suggestions in this thread and Talking with and I have decided to make the following change's

Changed Lando Ts EV spread to 252hp, 168ATk, 88Speed Adamant for more power
Changed Goths EV spread to 116HP, 252SPATK, 140Speed. Still outcreeps rest talk gyarados but gives more bulk
Added Knock to scizor as per Der Twists suggestion
Droped Rotom W for Zapdos as per Dark Nostalgias and Endekeys Suggestion to Better handle Mega scizor.

The Change's pretty much end Swords dances scizors rein over my team in return for an Expanded Gliscor Weakness So I'll be looking into further options. I still may change Zapdos or Scizor for a talonflame if testing proves successful as per ChaosTwillys advice and I have began Testing Sub/Pup Bunny.

New Importable Team Version 1.2
Aint no playgirl (Lopunny) (F) @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Fake Out

EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Death Incarnate (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

EVs: 252 HP / 168 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Superpower

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Thunder Wave
- Roost

I will update the OP later with a history. anyway I'll take more suggestions if people want to give further advice

Last edited:
Talonflame doesn't sound half bad and neither does Victini for that matter (been looking for an excuse to use this for ages). Problem is if I add one of them will I also be required to add anti hazard support?

Ignoring that question What would be the best set for Talon. Classic band bird, Sky Plate or Stallbreaker given my teams nature?

Additional Post
Alright after hearing everyones Suggestions in this thread and Talking with and I have decided to make the following change's

Changed Lando Ts EV spread to 252hp, 168ATk, 88Speed Adamant for more power
Changed Goths EV spread to 116HP, 252SPATK, 140Speed. Still outcreeps rest talk gyarados but gives more bulk
Added Knock to scizor as per Der Twists suggestion
Droped Rotom W for Zapdos as per Dark Nostalgias and Endekeys Suggestion to Better handle Mega scizor.

The Change's pretty much end Swords dances scizors rein over my team in return for an Expanded Gliscor Weakness So I'll be looking into further options. I still may change Zapdos or Scizor for a talonflame if testing proves successful as per ChaosTwillys advice and I have began Testing Sub/Pup Bunny.

New Importable Team Version 1.2
Aint no playgirl (Lopunny) (F) @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Fake Out

EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt

Death Incarnate (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

EVs: 252 HP / 168 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Superpower

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Thunder Wave
- Roost

I will update the OP later with a history. anyway I'll take more suggestions if people want to give further advice
Cool, cool. If you are going to run Zapdos and Talonflame I recommend changing Defog over Thunder Wave. Honestly, I think that CB Talonflame is better for your team as it KO on Gardevoir, Sylveon after rocks, 2HKOs SpDef Gliscor after rocks, and adds tailwind support. It might be troublesome without recovery on Talonflame though because it takes way too much damage. So you should definitely try CB Talonflame, but also SD Talonflame because it has reliable recovery and beats the aforementioned mons after a boost. Here are some calcs.
252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Mega Gardevoir: 235-277 (84.8 - 100%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Gliscor: 282-333 (80.1 - 94.6%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: 486-573 (123.9 - 146.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 24 Def Mega Gardevoir: 322-381 (116.2 - 137.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: 334-394 (85.2 - 100.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Gliscor: 195-229 (55.3 - 65%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal

Hey creator of chaos, nice team mate!
I really like the idea of volt-turn + trappers to pave way for a lopuuny sweep, and t-wave spam is very cool as well!

The team overall looks pretty solid, so there's not much i would change, but I will suggest a few changes

Firstly i would suggest Shadow ball over hp fire on goth
This allows you to get rid of the psychic types that give Lopunny trouble such as Mew, Celebi etc. Although Goth beats them 1v1 regardless, shadow ball allows you to lose as little health as possible in the process, which is important as goth is often relied on to eliminate as many members of opposing balanced/stall teams as possible. HP fire doesn't really allow goth to eliminate anything that isn't wrecked by loppuny/scizor anyway. (i also like that you aren't using Trick-Scarf rest CM aids goth)

Secondly I would suggest changing your Clef Spread to the more standard 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD Calm spread.
This spread is a much more efficent spread, allowing you to avoid the 2HKO from M-Lops return + Latios' psyshock, which is all the physical bulk you need. The special defence allows you to set up on Thundy, lando-I, M-Venu as it switches in and many more mons reliably. This spread is the most common spread for a reason, its the best, and even though you are running T-Wave there is no need for all that bulk on non-unaware clef.

Thirdly, I would suggest running pursuit over bug bite on scizor.
Running Pursuit allows you another way to eliminate Buly psychic tyoes that aim to check M-Lop, and is great to exterminate the latis who love to switch in on rotom. Although the extra power of bug bite can be nice at times, all CB Zor really does is spam U-Turn/Bullet Punch anyway, so bug bite isnt really needed. (i just realized after typing this that you have knock off (even though you played me with it derp), but I would still recommend pursuit to eliminate bulky psychics)

Remember to make changes to the OP based on your team, as the team in the op is outdated
And thats about it! good luck with peaking even higher man!

TL;DR
Shadow ball over HP Fire on Goth
Change Clefs Spread to 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD Calm
Pursuit over Bug Bite Knock off on scizor

Thanks for the reply and compliment Teeny Victory. I really appreacite it and I think you are one of the best team builders here so thanks. YOu ever need a Rate just ask. I'll update the OP soon

Anyway I'll address your points.

Firstly Im definatly gonna adopt pursuit on scizor. Cant beleive I did not think of that before but nailing bulky psychics is fantasic and would form a nice Trap engine with gothitelle to ensure threats to lopunny or clefable are eliminated. And speaking of Goth. Yes Specs is definatly better then the cancer scarf set. Easier to use specs pesonally. Now I'm not 100% sold on Shadowball but hitting the likes of mew, Celebi and Victini hard is very tempting not to mention decent nuetral coverage with specs. However I'll note T-bolt already nails Slowbro, Slowking and Starmie as well as hits birds. and tho Lop/Scizor cover ferrothorn HP fire Still has its uses vs the likes of Scizor or a paraed weavile. It'll probably happen but just not 100% sold yet.

Now Final point. I agree the mixed bulk clef is the better spread in most case's however I wont be changing mine as I prefer her more to walling physical threats Clefs and Once I start setting up i need all the physical bulk I can muster especially if I take previous dmg. I could be convinced to change my mind tho but at this point im sticking with my physically defensive spread. If theres an alternative thats between the 2 spreads I may adopt it

Anyway Following changes will be adopted and the OP updated either tonight or Tommorow.
-Changing landos EV spread to outspeed jolly Bisharp as per Der Twists suggestion
-Adding Pursuit to Scizor
-Replacing HP fire with Shadow ball on Gothitelle

Thinking about
-Adding a Swords dance or sub Baton Passer

Will update OP later

Thanks for the reply and compliment Teeny Victory. I really appreacite it and I think you are one of the best team builders here so thanks. YOu ever need a Rate just ask. I'll update the OP soon

Anyway I'll address your points.

Firstly Im definatly gonna adopt pursuit on scizor. Cant beleive I did not think of that before but nailing bulky psychics is fantasic and would form a nice Trap engine with gothitelle to ensure threats to lopunny or clefable are eliminated. And speaking of Goth. Yes Specs is definatly better then the cancer scarf set. Easier to use specs pesonally. Now I'm not 100% sold on Shadowball but hitting the likes of mew, Celebi and Victini hard is very tempting not to mention decent nuetral coverage with specs. However I'll note T-bolt already nails Slowbro, Slowking and Starmie as well as hits birds. and tho Lop/Scizor cover ferrothorn HP fire Still has its uses vs the likes of Scizor or a paraed weavile. It'll probably happen but just not 100% sold yet.

Now Final point. I agree the mixed bulk clef is the better spread in most case's however I wont be changing mine as I prefer her more to walling physical threats Clefs and Once I start setting up i need all the physical bulk I can muster especially if I take previous dmg. I could be convinced to change my mind tho but at this point im sticking with my physically defensive spread. If theres an alternative thats between the 2 spreads I may adopt it

Anyway Following changes will be adopted and the OP updated either tonight or Tommorow.
-Changing landos EV spread to outspeed jolly Bisharp as per Der Twists suggestion
-Adding Pursuit to Scizor
-Replacing HP fire with Shadow ball on Gothitelle

Thinking about
-Adding a Swords dance or sub Baton Passer

Will update OP later
No problem fren, I'm always happy to help :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)