Team Monotype Premier League IX - Week Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theia

Say hello to the robots
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

Art by Swiffix
  • Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.
>>Spreadsheet<<
Courtesy of ken
>>Commencement<<
>>Replays and Usage<<
>>Scheduling<<

vs

Wayward Wakes (5) vs (3) Fuchsia Fairies
SV: Leafium Z vs Azick
SV: TheWyvernKing vs clean
SV: ikiarihS vs silver grace
SV: Shaneghoul vs Swiffix
SS: maki vs SoulWind
SM: QWILY vs lax
ORAS: Dj Breloominati♬ vs Ashbala
BW: Booty vs Meta

vs

Tohjo Falls Thunders (2) vs (6) Driftveil City Drilburs
SV: tMoi vs maroon
SV: cpt.kraken vs Dieu Amphibien
SV: Mihowk vs XSTATIC COLD
SV: rs vs crashy
SS: AA vs dex
SM: Quinn vs LuckyPiper
ORAS: Splash vs SuperEpicAmpharos
BW: Gondra vs Monai

vs

Littleroot Lotads (4) vs (4) Melemele Meloettas
SV: Amukamara vs kythr
SV: Tack vs mushamu
SV: Feliburn vs Masskeau
SV: Floss vs Hurtadoo
SS: tko vs Baloor
SM: blunder vs Mateeus
ORAS: DugZa vs CrossHeart
BW: North vs Gelbel3c

vs

Hearthome Honchkrows (5) vs (3) Goldenrod Gengars
SV: Vodoom vs Chaitanya
SV: Trichotomy vs yedla
SV: Jojo8868 vs Sae
SV: Scarlet Stars vs pas_touchao
SS: fade vs luisin
SM: Leo vs DAHLI
ORAS: Cell vs Star
BW: Attribute vs Wait2Seconds

Wayward Wakes (0) vs (0) Fuchsia Fairies

Tohjo Falls Thunders (0) vs (0) Driftveil City Drilburs
SM: Quinn vs LuckyPiper

Littleroot Lotads (0) vs (0) Melemele Meloettas

Hearthome Honchkrows (0) vs (0) Goldenrod Gengars
SV: Vodoom vs Chaitanya

The deadline for this round is Sunday, July 16th at 11:59 PM GMT -4.

Attribute

HYPNOS | pulp
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Monotype Cup Winner
i think i went 13/24 last week so lets go. 3 weeks is a lot of information to go off of so hopefully im not saying some random bs in these. lets get to it!

Wayward Wakes (4) vs (4) Fuchsia Fairies
SV: Leafium Z vs Azick - azick has looked phenomenal. the amount of misplays he's made so far this tournament can probably be counted in one hand, his teams are great, basically everything you want from a 25k buy. this is his first mpl too so yeah, the azick koolaid is real ladies and gentlemen. leafium is doing good, 2-1 is definitely an ideal start and is certainly valuable to have someone that is 5k starting off strong. his one loss isn't really his fault either. yall still wanna rank leafium 28? anywho, leafium is solid, but azick is looking dominant right now. really hard to not bold him most weeks
SV: TheWyvernKing vs clean - wyvern is quite possibly the only person in the tour who saw people bidding on him and said "yeah i like that keep going". karma is a bitch, as they are currently 1-2, and i don't really like how some of their games went too. as far as teams go i haven't really been a fan either. as for clean, after a tough stint in ss mono, he has swapped to sv, and you can probably only go up from here. aside from w1 i don't really think clean's games were really bad, so ill give him a pass. despite fairies being 4-8 in sv i don't really think their building is what the record makes it out to be, and azick / felines should be able to be a lot more useful in sv compared to ss. i expect a bounce back from clean here
SV: ikiarihS vs FatFighter2 - ikiarihs got in the board last week which is definitely good news for the wakes. i like them a lot so i wish them a good tour. im never awake for their games so i can't really judge their gameplay too much (i suck at processing replays), but based off of memory i think they're playing fine. i don't exactly love the teams im seeing but i guess the meta is pretty new so ill give a pass. fatfighter is 0-2 albeit in sm, but ill give them a pass there as well. i don't really think there's anyone capable of extensively helping out fatfighter in sm so some sort of struggle is expected, so ill pretend he's 0-0 for the sake of it. the blunder game was definitely unfortunate, i think something went wrong in the zap game? nonetheless, those are tough opponents. ikiarihs got the confidence boost from last week, i expect a streak of some sort to take place here.
SV: Shaneghoul vs Swiffix - shane was not winning last weeks game tbh. once again i didn't really like the team but a good water team isn't really ever winning that anyway so whatever its okay. not really a lot to go off of here. swiffix struggled in wcop, i think it will take him some time to get used to the mpl stage cause these opponents are supposed to be tougher than that of mono wcop. shane has all the experience (not in mono but lol), i think that will be all that's needed here
SS: maki vs SoulWind - after maki grabbed his 3rd win and expelled lots of confidence in my dms, it appears he has been punished by playing one of the greatest players of all time here. after some shenaniganry in older gens, i think sw should shine in this gen, azick support should do wonders here + the fairies bw support isn't that great, oras is better but still not ideal. yes they're 0-3 but idc lots of talented players in the tour are 0-3. maki is 3-0 but this meh lol
SM: QWILY vs lax - another person who is too good to be 0-3 is lax. i really don't wanna imagine them being 0-4 so this is probably coping but fuck it. i think they're still good. qwily is obviously good but yeah im coping
ORAS: Dj Breloominati♬ vs Ashbala - spitfire is farming the fuck out of these people, i can seriously envision them going 7-0 or something close to that. ashbala is back in oras and they're 2-1 but spitfire is looking too hot right now. i don't think ashbala's performances thus far will be enough
BW: Booty vs Meta - seriously cannot believe these dudes are 0-3, they really shouldn't be. last year when booty started off 0-3 he won 3 straight so i do think something similar will happen here. meta beat him twice last mpl so this isn't exactly some walk in the park but i do have to imagine their motivation is a lot worse than booty's rn, and i really can't imagine booty losing to the same person 3 times in a row. maybe this is coping but booty i guess 0-4 booty is harder to imagine than 0-4 meta, so ill go with him here

Tohjo Falls Thunders (5) vs (3) Driftveil City Drilburs
SV: tMoi vs maroon - the thunders are surprisingly dominating sv, sharing an 8-4 record with the melos. im not quite sure how honestly LOL but whatever. tmois ground team last week wasn't the best thing in the world, the rest were okay i think. i do think they should ss but its w/e at this point i think they want to sv anyway. maroons kinda just going through the motions this tour, bringing whatever df he wants and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. don't really have a good read here so ill just go with tmoi for the history.
SV: cpt.kraken vs Dieu Amphibien - another person who joins the 0-3 list is dieu, which is a shame cause i do think they're better than what the record indicates. i think they'll get their first win here cause it is hard to imagine 0-4 dieu, but i will say kraken is certainly surpassing expectations and has been good thus far. i will say though, not like it mattered much last week, but ice spinner > crash on pao is a sin...
SV: Mihowk vs XSTATIC COLD - mihowk was not winning last weeks game so... pass. ive been pretty hard on them this tour but they're doing a lot better than i thought they would, i just thought they'd do great things in ss. too many ss people on this team... anyway, he plays static who beat floss last week. that's a pretty good win for them but they're clearly tilt prone as seen from.. literally 50% (or more) of the games they play and its hard to bold that
SV: rs vs crashy - im pretty much done disrespecting rs tbh LOL they're 3-0 vs some expensive ass competition. he's looked great too. he's playing the most expensive player thus far, and i don't really see this streak stopping anytime soon. crashy got on the board last week which is something you want to see but this is a tough draw for him. rs is just looking too good right now
SS: AA vs dex - this is aa's first mpl game so things are expected to be tough for the newcomer. they're a hard worker which is something you love to see so you can only hope for the best of them here. dex won a literal mirror match up last week which is definitely a great sign + it put them on the board last week. their confidence should be a lot higher now and they may get a nice little streak going on for them here
SM: Zap vs LuckyPiper - zap finally got punished for psy holy fuck. it was pretty close though, im pretty sure the +2 cc on zard is a roll in their favor so a little bit unlucky nonetheless. i did not really watch the piper game last week but it looked pretty favored for him. had to crit the gallade which is pretty bleh so im not really sure what happened there. zap is historically good here, so i have to bold him just for that
ORAS: Splash vs SuperEpicAmpharos - splash got dark vs psy in this dumbfuck gen. who could have seen this coming. sea kinda owned himself last week + the drilbur oras teams r kinda bleh anyway. kind of have to just bold the better ppl w better teams in this gen cause that just goes a long way
BW: Gondra vs Monai - gondra had a mon with an electric move vs a water team with no electric immune so you can imagine how that went. monai had celebi as a progress maker vs water and ran into spdef signal beam empo so... you can also imagine how that went. both of their games last week haven't been telling but idk i guess i just trust the drilbur's bw prep more

Littleroot Lotads (5) vs (3) Melemele Meloettas
SV: Amukamara vs kythr - oh bloody hell... i like them both a lot but mannnn kythr is too good at monotype and he's farming everybody. 17k for him is criminal
SV: Tack vs mushamu - similar to kythr, mushamu is farming everybody. i will say though tack looked great last week, looks like the hard work paid off. but yeah this is just a tough pull (like actually this time), melos sv is too good rn
SV: Feliburn vs Masskeau - feli is hot off of a uu open win and i will say where df was this in rupl bruh... jokes aside he definitely has something good going on for him right now. this is his first game but that doesn't really matter, he's still solid. congrats on the win! not familiar with masskeau but i can only assume this is just another hidden gem from the french. but yeah, i do have to see games before bolding them
SV: Floss vs Hurtadoo - LMAO we all know what happened the last time this match up happened. this is probably a meme pick but floss is just really good at losing these types of games for some reason and its kind of funny to see. floss is obviously good but yeah gut says hurtadoo wins, he usually does good in these tours
SS: tko vs Baloor - i really do not know what to say here + im tired so
SM: blunder vs Mateeus - i did not watch the blunder game last week but it looked kinda tough + unlucky so rip. mateeus got pretty unlucky last week but the endgame may have been butchered, im not completely sure but i don't think zera was the correct sack. rotom was arguably not the correct sack too but im too lazy to check. regardless its blunder, we all know what he can do
ORAS: DugZa vs CrossHeart - dugza has been bringing nonsense in this gen but nonsense wins so whatevs. toadow being benched is something that doesn't make much sense, and this is crossheart's first game here so im not really sure what happened there. dugza is great though, i expect their nonsense to work again here
BW: North vs Gelbel3c - aside from the w2 slip up north has been doing good, they're not bringing teams from mpl4 which is always good. lanturn is a cool pick, that was probably the first time ive seen one this gen as far as mpl goes. the melos are dangerous in bw as displayed last week, where they busted out the ice vs booty and a handful of starmie emojis were posted in the mono cord shortly afterwards. north is looking comfortable despite the break, gotta imagine that continues here

go krows! lets have a good week fellas

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
Wayward Wakes (0) vs (0) Fuchsia Fairies

Tohjo Falls Thunders (0) vs (0) Driftveil City Drilburs
SM: Zap vs LuckyPiper

Littleroot Lotads (0) vs (0) Melemele Meloettas

Hearthome Honchkrows (0) vs (0) Goldenrod Gengars
SV: Vodoom vs Chaitanya - easy 6-0 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)