Project Monotype Teambuilding Workshop

Hi! I would like to request a rainless water offensive type based on Crawdaunt

I don't really care what set is used, but I'd also like Swampert to be in it, as it really helps against electric

Thanks in advance!!

RoyalReloaded

!
is a Top Tiering Contributor
MPL Champion
So this set has been bouncing around my head since probably the beginning of the gen:
Pawmot @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Revival Blessing
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Metronome

Everything not bolded is changeable. The idea is to get multiple Revival Blessings through Sleep Talk (Sleep Talk can't call Metronome, giving it a 50/50 chance of calling Revival Blessing).

Pawmot is C rank on Electric, so I'm requesting an Electric team that uses this set (if it happens to work better on Fighting, that works too, though Pawmot is D rank there). The (electric) team is allowed to autolose to Ground (if it doesn't, even better), but preferably doesn't autolose to any other type. Thanks!

Pawmi's Blessing
:pmd/pawmot: :pmd/iron-hands: :pmd/raging-bolt: :pmd/regieleki: :pmd/rotom-wash: :pmd/zapdos: - https://pokepast.es/03b7b9b2afeb4204

opted for a more offensive build due to the strategy you requested

:pawmot: - the king. I opted to change Volt Absorb to Natural Cure so you can switch out and sleep will be cured. Changed Metronome to Focus Punch, you probably aren't using Focus Punch but you are definitely not using Metronome unless you want to be funny, FP could catch a switch or something idk

:iron-hands: - went for an uncommon Lum Berry because the team has screens support / several ground immunes

:raging-bolt: - owns a lot of things behind screens + cm. Air Balloon could be changed for something like Magnet or Heavy-Duty Boots if you want

:regieleki: - screens support, hazard removal, could change to HDB if you're feeling overwhelmed by hazards but screens felt nice with this build

:rotom-wash: here to not auto lose to ground, I like this set a lot but you could change to a defensive pivot with will-o-wisp if you feel the need to.

:zapdos: more immediate attacking option that doesn't require any setup, pivoting is nice as well

here's a replay featuring the team - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-2097641766-1v8u4pm62x1zemrpqnsblic1z3w3fpvpw

I had a lot of fun with this one, thank you for the request and I hope you enjoy the team :heart:

RoyalReloaded

!
is a Top Tiering Contributor
MPL Champion
Can we only ask for new teams to be built around a single mon?
Or can we share a partially built team and ask for changes/improvements/completion for it as well ?

Basically I want to improve a current team. Sorry if this not the right thread for that, please guide me to where I can ask for teambuilding advice.
https://pokepast.es/e8e9aae83dfc48fd

Any ideas/feedback for my nat dex mono team? It's on pixelmon and a lot of moves are bugged. Hisui zoroark cannot change its moves. I'd prefer to keep my porygon2 and smeargle. Anything else can change. Stone axe and ceaseless edge are bugged on pixelmon. No megas are allowed
hello, this is not really the place for that. Please bring already made teams that you are looking for tips on to either the smogon discord, the rate my team forum, or the Monotype / National Dex Monotype rooms on Pokemon Showdown.

Hi! I would like to request a rainless water offensive type based on Crawdaunt

I don't really care what set is used, but I'd also like Swampert to be in it, as it really helps against electric

Thanks in advance!!
Hi, thanks for taking interest in our project, however, please make sure you read the rules before you request a team. Crawdaunt is D rank on water and we do not take requests for D and unranked Pokemon, sorry.

hello, this is not really the place for that. Please bring already made teams that you are looking for tips on to either the smogon discord, the rate my team forum, or the Monotype / National Dex Monotype rooms on Pokemon Showdown.
Thanks for the reply. I'll ask on discord.

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Hi EleoOcelot, here is the Gmoltres Dark team you requested!

Galarian Moltres Hazard Stack Offense

:sv/moltres-galar: :sv/hydreigon: :sv/sableye: :sv/kingambit: :sv/chien-pao: :sv/overqwil:
https://pokepast.es/c6aafc7d4189224d

Gmolt's main role on Dark is that it's a great setup sweeper that has defensive utility as well, giving it a solid role on offensive teams. The main utility comes from its bulky special defense stat combined with its Flying typing, the latter giving it a neutrality to Bug and Fighting type moves that Dark teams traditionally struggle with as well as a Ground immunity for Pokemon like Overqwil, Alolan Muk, and Kingambit. With its high special bulk, its able to live weaker super effective attacks such as Enamorus's Moonblast and OHKO it with Hurricane in combination with Berserk's ability to boost its special attack automatically. With hazards and a combination of other offensive breakers, a well played Gmoltres can do considerable damage to a lot of different types, with the main examples being against balanced teams such as Water, Flying, Poison, and Ground. In order to build around GMoltres, you'd typically include a lot of the common Pokemon found on offensive Dark teams. You can use Weakness Policy if you'd like, but it's rather niche and situational compared to items like Heavy Duty Boots, Lum Berry mor Leftovers. On this type I found hazard stacking especially reliable at breaking in conjunction with GMoltres, so I included that. The Hydreigon and Overqwil sets are designed to get up and keep hazards on the field so GMoltres and other breakers in Kingambit and Chien-pao can punch holes. Without Sableye, it is extremely easy to remove hazards through Rapid Spin and many setup sweepers like Keldeo and Volcarona would punch through the team, so it fulfills a crucial role on the type. Usually, you'd run Recover on it, but it wants all 4 moves here and it's probably not lasting super long on hyper offense anyways. Double status is extremely good for crippling just about anything besides Dark Pokemon and Gliscor and having Thunder Wave in particular is great for things like Iron Valiant, Flutter Mane, Gouging Fire, and Enamorus.

Focus Sash Hydreigon is an interesting set that I've been messing around with recently that lets you get up Stealth Rock pretty liberally against a lot of types, mainly noting Flying. Hydreigon in general is really good on Dark because Dragon offers a lot of defensive utility as a typing since it can take Electric, Grass, Water and Fire attacks, compressing a multitude of roles onto one slot. As for the other hazard setter Overqwil, it's specially defensive to switch into Choice Scarf Enamorus, Iron Valiant, and Flutter Mane while Intimidate helps its physical bulk. The Kingambit's speed EVs allow it to outpace Iron Valiant if Sableye paralyzes it and no speed Heatran.

Overall this team should be pretty easy to pilot on ladder since it's mainly hazard offense hazard stack. Let me know if you have any questions regarding it!

Here are some replays of the team:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-2097921540 - Hazard stack vs Fairy
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-2097925774 - Toxic Spikes vs Dragon
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-2097924936 - Dark mirror

Last edited:

CaptainDaimyo

Love is a rebellious bird that none can tame...
is a Contributor to Smogon
Requesting a sandless ground team with calm mind ursaluna-b
Ursaluna-Bloodmoon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mind's Eye
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blood Moon
- Earth Power
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

If the above isnt possible a simple team around ironpress zama should suffice?
Zamazenta @ Leftovers
Ability: Dauntless Shield
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Substitute
- Heavy Slam

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
can i get a fighting team centered around bulk up Okidogi?
:ss/okidogi: :ss/lilligant-hisui: :ss/iron valiant: :ss/zamazenta: :ss/great_tusk: :ss/gallade:

Okidogi (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Toxic Chain
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Atk / 96 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch

Okidogi supports Fighting teams by being good into Fairy-types like Primarina and Flutter Mane's decrease in usage in Psyshock. Flutter Mane typically gains more value by not running Psyshock nowadays as its moves like Mystical Fire & Power Gem are more common as 3rd/4th slots. Okidogi forces progress with Knock Off and this makes Great Tusk's Stealth Rocks more effective. Stealth-Rock weak Pokemon typically doesn't appreciate their Heavy-Duty Boots being removed by Okidogi and this can improve matchups for Fighting such as Bug and Flying. Lilligant-Hisui and Gallade is sort of like a weird anti-Ground core. The former has access to sleep and a powerful STAB in Leaf Blade + Hustle. Ice Spinner is amazing for nailing Dragon-, Flying-, and Ground-typings like Garchomp and Landorus. Assault Vest Gallade is a special sponge that chews attacks from the likes like Greninja and Landorus-I which can be threats to Fighting with their respective Psychic-coverage. Choice Band Zamazenta is a great offensive presence as it outspeeds and checks a few threats like Gholdengo, Flutter Mane, Landorus, and non-Scarf Iron Valiant. Great Tusk is running Taunt to prevent hazards and setup from the likes of Skarmory and Klefki. Finally, Choice Scarf Iron Valiant does great against opposing FIghtings and gives the team a designated speed control to check threats like Choice Scarf Enamorus/Greninja/Latios.

team by Neko, written by roxie https://pokepast.es/aa0f33bb75c97050

Hi I would like to request a fighting team that uses both Kommo-o and Assault Vest Gallade. (Bonus points if it includes breloom too).

Thanks in advance!

Neko

When you live for love, how precious life can be
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
I'd like to request a Poison team with Pecharunt since I'm struggling with building around it myself.
:pecharunt: :amoonguss: :muk-alola: :okidogi: :weezing-galar: :iron-moth:

Pecharunt teams sort of lend more into offense, as its valuable traits such as trolling Dragon's Gouging Fire, Ogerpon-W, and Azumarill and its ability to scare passive counterplay because it can NP and it can confuse opposing mons is pretty nice meow. The EV spread lets it outspeed Jolly Azumarills, and slower Gholdengos. Kasib Berry lets it Check Ceruledge and forceremove Gholdengo in a pinch, but Sitrus berry lets you swap into Gouging Fire under the sun, though without pex a Poison team is likely losing to Fire. Though even with Toxapex, Poison is still likely to lose vs CB Gouger Fires, so Idt that makes lots of difference.

For the rest of the team, Amoonguss uses an Assault Vest due to the sheer number of special attackers that Alolan Muk doesn't want in, namely Ursaluna-B. It can also pivot into suspected not Psychic moves. The EV spread lets you still come in on Eqs from Scarf Treads/Exca while being able to take a Bloodmoon->EP on Ursa-BM. Clear Smog lets you keep setup in check, Grass Knot is nice since it hits BM more than Giga Drain ever would, and isnt stopped by Psychic Noise Prim (though you still beat Prim by using Clear Smog->Sludge Bomb) Okidogi is needed over Sneasler if using Pecharunt, as Okidogi basically never loses vs Kingambit. Adamant nature needed to OHKO Kingambit with Drain Punch, 16 Speed outspeeds Adamant Kingambit. The last move is up to you, Ice Punch OHKOs Gliscor at +1, but Psychic Fangs deters Toxapex if you like. Rest Talk Alolan Muk is opted for due to the lack of a bulky defensive core, letting you have a better time vs Ghost and Espathra. Weezing-G is standard. As the team is really slow, Iron Moth with Scarf is opted for, allowing us to revenge-kill Chien-Pao and outspeed some bad guys later. Replays:
Vs. Ghost :skeledirge:
Vs. Water :greninja:

I hope you like it reow :blobnom:

I'd be very interested in a psychic team built around a double dance/stored power/draining kiss Mew set. I've tried several times to make it work, but I can never quite manage to have consistent results with what I build.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)