Project Monotype Teambuilding Workshop

Hi, apologies this is late. Here is the import: https://pokepast.es/ad01bf8c5436917f
before i start going over the team, i have a couple things to say. using scarf contrary enamorus is probably not what was meant when this request was made so i at least tried to include a moltres-galar, and unfortunately couldn't fit hazards cause sd gliscor is too good to give up in my opinion + hard to fit rocks elsewhere. fitting both a non scarf enamorus + goltres on the same team is a bit tedious since enamorus is essentially the best scarf/speed control on the type and not using a scarf on it + using goltres makes you start off with 2 "luxury" mons. for the sake of simplicity, a luxury mon is a pokemon that has a non-essential role for a team, and having too many of them would lead to too many unwanted/unnecessary holes on a team. for example, you can't really use a dark team with :chien-pao: :meowscarada: :greninja: :darkrai: :kingambit: :roaring-moon: since a lot of those mons do the same thing, there's a lot of flaws defensively, etc. basically, you can't just slap good mons on a team and expect it to work every time. making enamorus scarf allows you to start with a mon that has an essential role on the team since flying needs some form of speed control, no longer making it a luxury mon. anyway, to... somewhat make up for the fact that im boring and went for scarf enam, i tried to make the rest of the team somewhat unique so it isn't just another standard flying team with goltres so, yeah. hope you enjoy!

:enamorus: - best scarfer on the type. you're pretty much locked into using superpower / moonblast / healing wish for obvious reasons. the last move is largely up to preference but i just used earth power since ground is generally good coverage

:moltres-galar: - using goltres means you can't use regular moltres, and thus you are likely to be weak to zamazenta. to somewhat alleviate this issue, i opted for hurricane on this so you aren't completely useless vs fighting. nasty plot + agility makes for a pretty dangerous set up mon

:gliscor: - every flying team needs a gliscor or a lando, i went with gliscor cause its sd set is so good. can be really hard for poison/fairy/steel/flying to kill and just a good progress maker overall. facade can potentially be over knock off

:corviknight: - every flying team needs a corviknight since its the only steel on the type. for the sake of not being a standard flying team, i opted for a bulk up taunt corv which usually means max spdef, thus making you a somewhat respectable specs greninja switch in. this corv can be good vs ground/water/fairy/poison/fighting/potentially more i may be missing

:mandibuzz: - since corviknight lacks defog, i needed a mon that removes hazards. mandibuzz is a no brainer here, as it also fulfills a phys def role that corviknight lacks. helmet is used to punish all the physical attackers greatly, and you can afford to drop boots since you have toxic, allowing you to poison some of the rockers in the tier, thus making it a somewhat reliable hazard remover

:gyarados: - since you can't use moltres with goltres and the corv is spdef, i opted for a phys def gyarados as a chien pao check. twave is mainly what threatens chien pao, waterfall is just your most powerful move to hit things like volcarona/chien pao with, earthquake to hit kingambit/muk/volcanion decently enough, and roar is to force stuff like zamazenta out.

if you have questions, feel free to contact me via ps / discord (my username is attribute on both and you can find me in the mono room on ps / mono discord on discord)
This looks amazing, thank you so much!

RoyalReloaded

!
is a Top Tiering Contributor
MPL Champion
Hello, 3 new teams to share today

Fast paced Mono elec team with thundurus therian?
https://pokepast.es/36df1dde1dc93934

While Electric is a type that’s somewhat hard to use effectively in the current metagame, with this team I leaned into Thundurus-T’s Grass coverage to create a fairly effective anti-meta team that matches up well into top tier types such as Water, Flying, Dark, and, somewhat counterintuitively, Ground. As requested, this is a fast-paced team that aims to overwhelm opponents through brute force. The general gameplan here is to pivot around with Thundurus-T and Magenzone to find a safe entry point for Sandy Shocks to start getting hazards up, and then have your sweepers go to town, using Pawmot to clean or revive a teammate where necessary.

:Thundurus-Therian: - As requested, Thundurus-T is the cornerstone of this team, serving as a strong offensive pivot and Ground immunity. With Grass Knot, Thundurus-T is massively threatening to Water teams, as well as foes such as Great Tusk and Ursaluna-B. Volt Switch is used to gain momentum while dealing heavy damage and put Thundurus-T's teammates in favorable positions. Psychic is used as the coverage of choice here to blast Amoonguss and Iron Hands, who otherwise cause a headache for this squad.

:Rotom-Wash: - Sub NP Rotom-W pairs nicely with Thundurus-Therian, proving especially deadly to Ground, Steel, and Poison teams, and providing the team with useful resistances to Fire and Water as well as an additional immunity to Ground. Rotom-W can easily sub on more passive foes such as Toxapex and Clodsire, and then rapidly snowball through balance structures.

:Iron Hands: - SD Iron Hands serves as an additional sweeper that gives this team some much needed bulk, enjoying Thundurus-T pivoting with Volt Switch removing impediments such as Quagsire. Iron Hands serves as a crucial threat to foes such as Chien-Pao, Kingambit, and Hisuian Goodra, and with a Shuca Berry completes this team's anti-Ground offensive core with Thundurus-T and Rotom-W, being to eat Earthquakes from foes such as Gliscor and Garchomp while striking back hard. The EVs here are flexible; the ones provided allow Iron Hands to outspeed uninvested Corviknight while maximizing HP and Attack.

:Sandy Shocks: - Sandy Shocks is a great support for this team, threatening Heatran while pivoting and stacking hazards to facilitate sweeping and cleaning. The given EVs allow Sandy Shocks to get a Speed boost from Protosynthesis under sun, assisting in the Fire matchup.

:Magnezone: - Choice Specs Magnezone is a fantastic all around wallbreaker, hitting especially hard on switches and nuking defensive cores. Defensively, Magnezone gives the team a useful Poison immunity and Fairy resist, which is very valuable for our sweepers. The given EVs prevent Magnezone from being 2HKOed by Choice Specs Flutter Mane's Moonblast while outspeeding Corvknight and maximizing Special Attack.

:Pawmot: - Choice Scarf Pawmot rounds out the team by acting as crucial speed control, checking several key threats such as Chien-Pao, Landorus, and Greninja. Double Shock here is used so Pawmot can outspeed and OHKO Flutter Mane, and Natural Cure is used as the ability of choice due to Iron Fist not being particularly impactful in Ice Punch calcs, allowing Pawmot not to fear status. Choice Scarf Pawmot is also virtually guaranteed to get a Revival Blessing off unless its foe is a Choice Scarf user, which can be very impactful in a pinch.

hi, can i request a bulky offense psychic team around dd mew? tbh i tried but i’m struggling with the direction (idk to use screens or terrain or w/e), but i only constant i find using is hatterene (usually cm + 3 attacks) lol. any help would be appreciated, thanks!
https://pokepast.es/59f587f1c90a9189

DD Mew is a decently strong sweeper with phenomenal coverage; as requested, this is a bulky offense team designed to support and synergize with it. Toxic Spikes Galarian Slowking provides this team with some much-needed offensive pressure, and compounds with Slowbro to give this team a sturdy defensive backbone. The other teammates are all powerful in their own ways and work in tandem to either soften up opposing teams for Mew to sweep, or clean up after an early-game Mew frenzy.

:Mew: - DD Mew serves as this team's primary win condition. Mew has great bulk, which means it can set up a DD fairly easily, and of course has amazing coverage, with the combination of Psychic Fangs + Flare Blitz + Close Combat being virtually unresisted in the current metagame. Life Orb is used as the item of choice due to Mew being fairly weak even after a DD boost. This set is particularly effective against Steel teams, with the type having no Pokemon that resists both Fire and Fighting. Psychic Fangs can also be used to break screens, which is a nice bonus against Ice and Fairy. Synchronize also helps against Pokemon like Quagsire, as Quagsire will become poisoned if it opts to use Toxic on Mew.

:Slowking-Galar: - Galarian Slowking supports this team by pivoting around and setting Toxic Spikes, putting pressure on the opponent's team by punishing switches, and making this squad extremely threatening to opposing teams that have no way of safely removing them. Outside of this role, Galarian Slowking acts as a great overall special wall and a check to threats such as Iron Valiant, Landorus, and Walking Wake.

:Slowbro:- Slowbro forms a Regenerator core with his twin and serves as this team's main physical wall, providing an answer to threats such as Scizor, Iron Treads, and Baxcalibur. With a Colbur Berry, Iron Defense, and Body Press, Slowbro can 1v1 Kingambit and Chien-Pao and quickly snowball against types such as Dark and Ice. Slowbro also gives this team a valuable Water and Fire resist, and is overall a fantastic mon to have on any Psychic team.

:Jirachi: - Choice Scarf Jirachi has plenty of utility for this team, serving as an excellent check to Choice Specs Flutter Mane and Fairy and Ice teams as a whole, providing fast U-Turns that cleave through opposing Hoopa-U, and setting Stealth Rock on forced switches against foes such as Iron Valiant and Alolan Ninetales. Jirachi's 60% Iron Head flinch rate is particularly deadly in conjunction with Toxic Spikes support, and in a pinch Jirachi can Healing Wish to restore Mew or another teammate back to full.

:Hatterene: - Hatterene is an all-around excellent glue mon that gives the team a Dark neutrality and Dragon immunity, taking on foes such as Hydreigon and Kommo-o. Moreover, Hatterene can reflect hazards and status thanks to Magic Bounce, and benefits immensely from Toxic Spikes support due to its great natural bulk and longevity.

:Hoopa-Unbound: - Choice Specs Hoopa-U rounds out the team by serving as a special wallbreaker that pairs nicely with DD Mew, destroying foes such as Corviknight, Quagsire, Ursaluna-B, and Gholdengo. Hoopa-U can also cripple opposing walls with Trick, providing setup opportunities for its teammates.

Here are some replays with the team!

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1986833564 (vs Ice)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1987554986 (vs Ground)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1985268336-7vxamx5zr449u0liesbmf1fclqlky9qpw (vs Dark)

Thanks to TheRealBigC for the help with these!

Hi id like a mono poison team using unburden sneasler as a sweeper. The sneasler set can be something like this? Thanks :>
View attachment 568148
Sneasler @ Air Balloon
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Close Combat
- Night Slash
https://pokepast.es/5406b4d11c62bd92

This isn't the most common Sneasler set, but its definitely a good one. It actually won me the game in the replay lol. The general gameplan with this team is to chip down opposing Pokemon via Toxic (and Poison, thanks to Muk), and clean up the game with Sneasler. The team is pretty defensive, but that's just the nature of Poison.

:muk-alola: - Muk is a fantastic Specially Defensive Pokemon. Able to Knock Off and spread Poison via Poison Jab and Poison Touch. Also act's as the team's Psychic-type immunity, as well as dealing with Pokemon such as Flutter Mane and Zapdos.

:weezing-galar: - acts as another Ground-type immunity, because Sneasler is not a very reliable one long term. Also acts as Hazard removal. Went for Black Sludge as opposed to Heavy-Duty Boots because Black Sludge heals the Stealth Rock damage immediately, and Weezing is immune to Spikes. Also a great physically defensive wall, able to burn targets.

:sneasler: - your requested Pokemon! You could use Acrobatics instead of Night Slash to help deal with Fighting-type Pokemon, but since you requested Night Slash we went with that. Night Slash actually won me the game in the replay! Dire Claw could also be an option over Gunk Shot if you want to inflict status on some Pokemon that you can't OHKO.

:toxapex: - A staple on Poison-type teams. The moveset here is highly flexible, but here's why I went with this one. Haze is to help deal with setup sweepers, as we do not have an Unaware Clodsire on the team. Infestation + Toxic can trap Pokemon in and have them take more damage so that it can be easier for Sneasler to clean up later on. Recover is just about mandatory.

:amoonguss: - helps offensively threaten Ground-type Pokemon, as although we have 1 (and a half?) Ground-type immunities, Weezing cannot threaten most Ground-types and Sneasler cannot OHKO them. Spore is also a great option to put something to sleep.

:slowking-galar: - Last but not least is Slowking. This moveset is great into the current meta. Future Sight is an incredibly powerful move that forces the opponent to make uncomfortable switches. Ice Beam is great into Flying-type teams that feature Pokemon such as Gliscor and Landorus. Both of which have to be afraid of Ice Beam and cannot Toxic / OHKO Slowking respectively.

Here's a replay with the team - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1988726164-xj1unrvfeddxlzgmqbcgub5i2bpsi55pw (vs Ghost)

If I were to play many more games with the team, I feel like I might want to change some of the movesets. As always, please feel free to make any changes you see fit and we hope you enjoy!

More requests coming soon, thanks for your patience!

Hello, 3 new teams to share today

https://pokepast.es/36df1dde1dc93934

While Electric is a type that’s somewhat hard to use effectively in the current metagame, with this team I leaned into Thundurus-T’s Grass coverage to create a fairly effective anti-meta team that matches up well into top tier types such as Water, Flying, Dark, and, somewhat counterintuitively, Ground. As requested, this is a fast-paced team that aims to overwhelm opponents through brute force. The general gameplan here is to pivot around with Thundurus-T and Magenzone to find a safe entry point for Sandy Shocks to start getting hazards up, and then have your sweepers go to town, using Pawmot to clean or revive a teammate where necessary.

:Thundurus-Therian: - As requested, Thundurus-T is the cornerstone of this team, serving as a strong offensive pivot and Ground immunity. With Grass Knot, Thundurus-T is massively threatening to Water teams, as well as foes such as Great Tusk and Ursaluna-B. Volt Switch is used to gain momentum while dealing heavy damage and put Thundurus-T's teammates in favorable positions. Psychic is used as the coverage of choice here to blast Amoonguss and Iron Hands, who otherwise cause a headache for this squad.

:Rotom-Wash: - Sub NP Rotom-W pairs nicely with Thundurus-Therian, proving especially deadly to Ground, Steel, and Poison teams, and providing the team with useful resistances to Fire and Water as well as an additional immunity to Ground. Rotom-W can easily sub on more passive foes such as Toxapex and Clodsire, and then rapidly snowball through balance structures.

:Iron Hands: - SD Iron Hands serves as an additional sweeper that gives this team some much needed bulk, enjoying Thundurus-T pivoting with Volt Switch removing impediments such as Quagsire. Iron Hands serves as a crucial threat to foes such as Chien-Pao, Kingambit, and Hisuian Goodra, and with a Shuca Berry completes this team's anti-Ground offensive core with Thundurus-T and Rotom-W, being to eat Earthquakes from foes such as Gliscor and Garchomp while striking back hard. The EVs here are flexible; the ones provided allow Iron Hands to outspeed uninvested Corviknight while maximizing HP and Attack.

:Sandy Shocks: - Sandy Shocks is a great support for this team, threatening Heatran while pivoting and stacking hazards to facilitate sweeping and cleaning. The given EVs allow Sandy Shocks to get a Speed boost from Protosynthesis under sun, assisting in the Fire matchup.

:Magnezone: - Choice Specs Magnezone is a fantastic all around wallbreaker, hitting especially hard on switches and nuking defensive cores. Defensively, Magnezone gives the team a useful Poison immunity and Fairy resist, which is very valuable for our sweepers. The given EVs prevent Magnezone from being 2HKOed by Choice Specs Flutter Mane's Moonblast while outspeeding Corvknight and maximizing Special Attack.

:Pawmot: - Choice Scarf Pawmot rounds out the team by acting as crucial speed control, checking several key threats such as Chien-Pao, Landorus, and Greninja. Double Shock here is used so Pawmot can outspeed and OHKO Flutter Mane, and Natural Cure is used as the ability of choice due to Iron Fist not being particularly impactful in Ice Punch calcs, allowing Pawmot not to fear status. Choice Scarf Pawmot is also virtually guaranteed to get a Revival Blessing off unless its foe is a Choice Scarf user, which can be very impactful in a pinch.

https://pokepast.es/59f587f1c90a9189

DD Mew is a decently strong sweeper with phenomenal coverage; as requested, this is a bulky offense team designed to support and synergize with it. Toxic Spikes Galarian Slowking provides this team with some much-needed offensive pressure, and compounds with Slowbro to give this team a sturdy defensive backbone. The other teammates are all powerful in their own ways and work in tandem to either soften up opposing teams for Mew to sweep, or clean up after an early-game Mew frenzy.

:Mew: - DD Mew serves as this team's primary win condition. Mew has great bulk, which means it can set up a DD fairly easily, and of course has amazing coverage, with the combination of Psychic Fangs + Flare Blitz + Close Combat being virtually unresisted in the current metagame. Life Orb is used as the item of choice due to Mew being fairly weak even after a DD boost. This set is particularly effective against Steel teams, with the type having no Pokemon that resists both Fire and Fighting. Psychic Fangs can also be used to break screens, which is a nice bonus against Ice and Fairy. Synchronize also helps against Pokemon like Quagsire, as Quagsire will become poisoned if it opts to use Toxic on Mew.

:Slowking-Galar: - Galarian Slowking supports this team by pivoting around and setting Toxic Spikes, putting pressure on the opponent's team by punishing switches, and making this squad extremely threatening to opposing teams that have no way of safely removing them. Outside of this role, Galarian Slowking acts as a great overall special wall and a check to threats such as Iron Valiant, Landorus, and Walking Wake.

:Slowbro:- Slowbro forms a Regenerator core with his twin and serves as this team's main physical wall, providing an answer to threats such as Scizor, Iron Treads, and Baxcalibur. With a Colbur Berry, Iron Defense, and Body Press, Slowbro can 1v1 Kingambit and Chien-Pao and quickly snowball against types such as Dark and Ice. Slowbro also gives this team a valuable Water and Fire resist, and is overall a fantastic mon to have on any Psychic team.

:Jirachi: - Choice Scarf Jirachi has plenty of utility for this team, serving as an excellent check to Choice Specs Flutter Mane and Fairy and Ice teams as a whole, providing fast U-Turns that cleave through opposing Hoopa-U, and setting Stealth Rock on forced switches against foes such as Iron Valiant and Alolan Ninetales. Jirachi's 60% Iron Head flinch rate is particularly deadly in conjunction with Toxic Spikes support, and in a pinch Jirachi can Healing Wish to restore Mew or another teammate back to full.

:Hatterene: - Hatterene is an all-around excellent glue mon that gives the team a Dark neutrality and Dragon immunity, taking on foes such as Hydreigon and Kommo-o. Moreover, Hatterene can reflect hazards and status thanks to Magic Bounce, and benefits immensely from Toxic Spikes support due to its great natural bulk and longevity.

:Hoopa-Unbound: - Choice Specs Hoopa-U rounds out the team by serving as a special wallbreaker that pairs nicely with DD Mew, destroying foes such as Corviknight, Quagsire, Ursaluna-B, and Gholdengo. Hoopa-U can also cripple opposing walls with Trick, providing setup opportunities for its teammates.

Here are some replays with the team!

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1986833564 (vs Ice)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1987554986 (vs Ground)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1985268336-7vxamx5zr449u0liesbmf1fclqlky9qpw (vs Dark)

Thanks to TheRealBigC for the help with these!

https://pokepast.es/5406b4d11c62bd92

This isn't the most common Sneasler set, but its definitely a good one. It actually won me the game in the replay lol. The general gameplan with this team is to chip down opposing Pokemon via Toxic (and Poison, thanks to Muk), and clean up the game with Sneasler. The team is pretty defensive, but that's just the nature of Poison.

:muk-alola: - Muk is a fantastic Specially Defensive Pokemon. Able to Knock Off and spread Poison via Poison Jab and Poison Touch. Also act's as the team's Psychic-type immunity, as well as dealing with Pokemon such as Flutter Mane and Zapdos.

:weezing-galar: - acts as another Ground-type immunity, because Sneasler is not a very reliable one long term. Also acts as Hazard removal. Went for Black Sludge as opposed to Heavy-Duty Boots because Black Sludge heals the Stealth Rock damage immediately, and Weezing is immune to Spikes. Also a great physically defensive wall, able to burn targets.

:sneasler: - your requested Pokemon! You could use Acrobatics instead of Night Slash to help deal with Fighting-type Pokemon, but since you requested Night Slash we went with that. Night Slash actually won me the game in the replay! Dire Claw could also be an option over Gunk Shot if you want to inflict status on some Pokemon that you can't OHKO.

:toxapex: - A staple on Poison-type teams. The moveset here is highly flexible, but here's why I went with this one. Haze is to help deal with setup sweepers, as we do not have an Unaware Clodsire on the team. Infestation + Toxic can trap Pokemon in and have them take more damage so that it can be easier for Sneasler to clean up later on. Recover is just about mandatory.

:amoonguss: - helps offensively threaten Ground-type Pokemon, as although we have 1 (and a half?) Ground-type immunities, Weezing cannot threaten most Ground-types and Sneasler cannot OHKO them. Spore is also a great option to put something to sleep.

:slowking-galar: - Last but not least is Slowking. This moveset is great into the current meta. Future Sight is an incredibly powerful move that forces the opponent to make uncomfortable switches. Ice Beam is great into Flying-type teams that feature Pokemon such as Gliscor and Landorus. Both of which have to be afraid of Ice Beam and cannot Toxic / OHKO Slowking respectively.

Here's a replay with the team - https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9monotype-1988726164-xj1unrvfeddxlzgmqbcgub5i2bpsi55pw (vs Ghost)

If I were to play many more games with the team, I feel like I might want to change some of the movesets. As always, please feel free to make any changes you see fit and we hope you enjoy!

More requests coming soon, thanks for your patience!
hi thanks for the poison team build, will definitely try it out. what are your thoughts on white herb vs airballoon on sneasler? white herb can be triggered by close combat.

If a cyclizar team isn't possible, would it be alright if I switch my request to be a mono-psychic team? Perhaps some kind of hyper offensive team built around Jirachi? Perhaps a team that features Armarouge since it is rather fun to use. Sorry if I'm asking for too much!

TheRealBigC

I COULD BE BANNED!
Been looking to get into monotype using my favorite type Normal and with a focus on my new favorite Pokémon Cyclizar. I understand that it is only a C Rank, but I would appreciate a team that played to his strengths! Thank you very much for your time!
Apologies for the delay in getting to this. For you, my friend, I have cooked something special...

Cyclizar.pngUrsaluna-B.pngSnorlax.pngDudunsparce.pngZoroark-H.pngStaraptor.png (<- click for paste)

Normal is, in my opinion, a pretty underrated type in the current metagame. Here, I aimed to take full advantage of Normal's main strengths (Shed Tail Cyclizar + Ursaluna-B) and unique support options to create a powerful fast-paced team that matches up well into most of the metagame. I hope you enjoy.

:Cyclizar: - As requested, Cyclizar is what ties this team together. It serves a phenomenal support Pokemon, clearing entry hazards with Rapid Spin, removing foes' items with Knock Off, stallbreaking and preventing entry hazards with Taunt, and, of course, passing Shed Tail to its teammates.

:Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: - CM Ursaluna-B behind Shed Tail is broken. Not too much more to say really. After a CM, Ursaluna-B becomes virtually indestructible, mauling the vast majority of the metagame. The example replays show some of the absurd feats this Pokemon is capable of, winning the game in every one. Ursaluna-B also carries this team in the Ghost matchup.

:Snorlax: - RestoChesto Snorlax is a classic who pairs well with Ursaluna-B and Cyclizar on this team, serving as an alternative Shed Tail recipient which is great for taking on foes like Volcarona, Frosmoth, and Flutter Mane due to its immediate special bulk and access to Thick Fat. It also forms a fairly sturdy defensive core with Ursaluna-B, being able to soak up Ice Beams from the likes of Greninja and take on Articuno while Ursaluna-B deals with more physically inclined threats. Chesto Berry is used as the item of choice here so you can use Rest to heal Snorlax and cure its status condition without becoming a sitting duck. Rapid Spin support from Cyclizar is important for Snorlax, as its item choice makes it very vulnerable to being worn down by entry hazards.

:Dudunsparce-Three-Segment: - A less free thinking player may see Dudunsparce on this team and wonder where my mind is. "Don't you know Dudunsparce is unranked, Big C? Did you fall off?". Be at ease, dear reader, for I am here to tell you Dudunsparce is in fact Him™. In all seriousness, I think Stealth Rock is an extremely valuable asset to this team, but Blissey would be somewhat redundant here due to Snorlax already serving as a special wall. Moreover, looking at the rest of this team, it is extremely weak to Chien-Pao, and would also benefit greatly from paralysis support to allow Cyclizar to more easily pass Shed Tail and to facilitate Ursaluna-B snowballing. Dudunsparce therefore fits really well here, as it can set Stealth Rock, and with these EVs live a Choice Band Chien-Pao Sacred Sword while OHKOing it in return with Body Press. Furthermore, Dudunsparce can spread paralysis even to Ground-types with Glare, and use its infamous Serene Grace Headbutt paraflinch shenanigans to make your opponent throw their laptop out the window. The Speed investment here allows Dudunsparce to outspeed a paralyzed Baxcalibur and wear it down with Headbutt; Dudunsparce actually survives a +2 5-hit Baxcalibur Icicle Spear with this spread, so this is a valuable benchmark to reach.

:Zoroark-Hisui: - Hisuian Zoroark is a lock for any Normal team due to its crucial Fighting immunity. I opted for a Choice Specs set here to give this team an immediate fast wallbreaker that can blast through roadblocks to Ursaluna-B like Corviknight and Gastrodon with its fantastic coverage. I would recommend disguising Hisuian Zoroark as either Staraptor or Ursaluna-B here to catch foes off guard with either powerful special attacks or high Speed respectively. One interesting thing Hisuian Zoroark can do when disguised as Staraptor is lure in Corviknight and OHKO it with Specs Flamethrower... if you really think about it, that's about as powerful as Urshifu-S was ;)

:Staraptor: - Choice Scarf Staraptor rounds out the team by providing speed control and a Ground immunity, serving as an answer to foes such as Choice Scarf Great Tusk, Flutter Mane, Zamazenta, Ogerpon-H/W, and Chien-Pao, and an all-around good cleaner. It can additionally pivot into Cyclizar with U-Turn to give it more opportunities to get a Shed Tail off or simply regain HP via Regenerator. In a pinch, Final Gambit can also be used to weaken foes such as Iron Hands and Corviknight and guarantee a safe switch-in for a teammate.

As an aside, I previously posted another Cyclizar Normal team to the SV Monotype Bazaar if you're interested. It can be found here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sv-monotype-bazaar.3711074/post-9823599

Last edited:
Apologies for the delay in getting to this. For you, my friend, I have cooked something special...

View attachment 570888View attachment 570889View attachment 570890View attachment 570891View attachment 570892View attachment 570893 (<- click for paste)

Normal is, in my opinion, a pretty underrated type in the current metagame. Here, I aimed to take full advantage of Normal's main strengths (Shed Tail Cyclizar + Ursaluna-B) and unique support options to create a powerful fast-paced team that matches up well into most of the metagame. I hope you enjoy.

:Cyclizar: - As requested, Cyclizar is what ties this team together. It serves a phenomenal support Pokemon, clearing entry hazards with Rapid Spin, removing foes' items with Knock Off, stallbreaking and preventing entry hazards with Taunt, and, of course, passing Shed Tail to its teammates.

:Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: - CM Ursaluna-B behind Shed Tail is broken. Not too much more to say really. After a CM, Ursaluna-B becomes virtually indestructible, mauling the vast majority of the metagame. The example replays show some of the absurd feats this Pokemon is capable of, winning the game in every one. Ursaluna-B also carries this team in the Ghost matchup.

:Snorlax: - RestoChesto Snorlax is a classic who pairs well with Ursaluna-B and Cyclizar on this team, serving as an alternative Shed Tail recipient which is great for taking on foes like Volcarona, Frosmoth, and Flutter Mane due to its immediate special bulk and access to Thick Fat. It also forms a fairly sturdy defensive core with Ursaluna-B, being able to soak up Ice Beams from the likes of Greninja and take on Articuno while Ursaluna-B deals with more physically inclined threats. Chesto Berry is used as the item of choice here so you can use Rest to heal Snorlax and cure its status condition without becoming a sitting duck. Rapid Spin support from Cyclizar is important for Snorlax, as its item choice makes it very vulnerable to being worn down by entry hazards.

:Dudunsparce-Three-Segment: - A less free thinking player may see Dudunsparce on this team and wonder where my mind is. "Don't you know Dudunsparce is unranked, Big C? Did you fall off?". Be at ease, dear reader, for I am here to tell you Dudunsparce is in fact Him™. In all seriousness, I think Stealth Rock is an extremely valuable asset to this team, but Blissey would be somewhat redundant here due to Snorlax already serving as a special wall. Moreover, looking at the rest of this team, it is extremely weak to Chien-Pao, and would also benefit greatly from paralysis support to allow Cyclizar to more easily pass Shed Tail and to facilitate Ursaluna-B snowballing. Dudunsparce therefore fits really well here, as it can set Stealth Rock, and with these EVs live a Choice Band Chien-Pao Sacred Sword while OHKOing it in return with Body Press. Furthermore, Dudunsparce can spread paralysis even to Ground-types with Glare, and use its infamous Serene Grace Headbutt paraflinch shenanigans to make your opponent throw their laptop out the window. The Speed investment here allows Dudunsparce to outspeed a paralyzed Baxcalibur and wear it down with Headbutt; Dudunsparce actually survives a +2 5-hit Baxcalibur Icicle Spear with this spread, so this is a valuable benchmark to reach.

:Zoroark-Hisui: - Hisuian Zoroark is a lock for any Normal team due to its crucial Fighting immunity. I opted for a Choice Specs set here to give this team an immediate fast wallbreaker that can blast through roadblocks to Ursaluna-B like Corviknight and Gastrodon with its fantastic coverage. I would recommend disguising Hisuian Zoroark as either Staraptor or Ursaluna-B here to catch foes off guard with either powerful special attacks or high Speed respectively. One interesting thing Hisuian Zoroark can do when disguised as Staraptor is lure in Corviknight and OHKO it with Specs Flamethrower... if you really think about it, that's about as powerful as Urshifu-S was ;)

:Staraptor: - Choice Scarf Staraptor rounds out the team by providing speed control and a Ground immunity, serving as an answer to foes such as Choice Scarf Great Tusk, Flutter Mane, Zamazenta, Ogerpon-H/W, and Chien-Pao, and an all-around good cleaner. It can additionally pivot into Cyclizar with U-Turn to give it more opportunities to get a Shed Tail off or simply regain HP via Regenerator. In a pinch, Final Gambit can also be used to weaken foes such as Iron Hands and Corviknight and guarantee a safe switch-in for a teammate.

As an aside, I previously posted another Cyclizar Normal team to the SV Monotype Bazaar if you're interested. It can be found here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sv-monotype-bazaar.3711074/post-9823599
Now this is a good looking team. I’ll give it a spin (pun intended) real soon! Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for me; I really appreciate it!

also I’ll check out the other team too! It looks interest :)

TheRealBigC

I COULD BE BANNED!
I'm interested in a ghost mono team with gengar and/or mimikyu in it :0 preferably both if possible!
I'm not fussy on the direction the team takes!

edit: ive been messing around myself and i have a team im testing out
https://pokepast.es/9c902e52f937dc6c
*ok so this team doesnt quite work, but having screens on sableye with gholdengo and fluttermane feels like a good idea!
**heres my current brew im cooking
https://pokepast.es/ed59aee128d71d33
all the mons are pretty flexible if this looks like a bad idea!, I'm just trying stuff out to see what I can get to work with the extra bulk from screens

i like sableye, hes my lil guy, but hes just not cooking sadly :<
so ive changed my request to be a team with mimikyu and gengar on instead of sableye :0
Gengar.pngMimikyu.pngSpectrier.pngGholdengo.pngFlutter Mane.pngSkeledirge.png <- click for paste

This is an offensive Ghost team that uses Gengar as a Toxic Spikes lead, benefitting from Ghost's natural Rapid Spin immunity and utilizing Air Balloon Gholdengo to make it a true nightmare for opponents to remove these unless they have their own Poison-type. However, while this team certainly greatly appreciates Toxic Spikes, it is not reliant on them, and provides a great deal of flexibility so that you can still terrorize your opponents even in the inevitable situations where you won't be able to get Toxic Spikes up. May you enjoy your time amongst these departed souls...

:Gengar: - As requested, Gengar is the mon I built this team around. Gengar has a unique niche on Ghost as a Toxic Spikes setter, and with its high Speed and access to Taunt, it serves as an excellent suicide lead who can virtually always get at least one layer of Toxic Spikes up in a game. Sludge Bomb is used as the offensive move of choice to threaten Fairy-types such as Hatterene and Alolan Ninetales, as well as spread poison around. With its Focus Sash intact, Sludge Bomb also guarantees that Gengar will win a 1v1 against Ogerpon-W and Ogerpon-H. Lastly, Destiny Bond means Gengar can potentially score a free KO after getting a layer of Toxic Spikes up; this is particularly effective combined with Taunt.

:Mimikyu: - This request also asked for Mimikyu to be included in this team. I opted to use a standard SD set here in order to threaten various special walls throughout the metagame such as Alolan Muk and Gastrodon, and act as a check to Hoopa-U, Hydreigon, and Meowscarada. Using Disguise, Mimikyu can additionally serve as a one-time check to the Dark-types that menace this team, such as Greninja, Chien-Pao, and Kingambit. As a sweeper, Mimikyu naturally enjoys the chip damage Gengar's Toxic Spikes provides, and can use them to more easily force the foe to switch around and thus find more opportunities to setup Swords Dance.

:Spectrier: - Sub CM Hex Spectrier is an immensely powerful sweeper with Toxic Spikes support; not too much to add. This set also includes Will-O-Wisp to cripple physical attackers and foes such as Clodsire and Hisuian Goodra,, is deadly to Gliscor who is otherwise a headache for this team, and outruns and can potentially duel Greninja with a Substitute and a CM boost or two.

:Gholdengo: - Bulky Air Balloon Gholdengo is an invaluable asset to this team, providing a soft Ground immunity and a plethora of valuable resistances and useful utility including Defog blocking. This set is demonic with Toxic Spikes up, being able to leverage its great bulk, recovery, and NP to whittle down foes and tear through annoying special walls like Hisuian Goodra and Empoleon. Air Balloon Gholdengo is also this team's main way of dealing with Ursaluna-B, can live a hit from non-Choice Band Chien Pao and OHKO it in return with Make It Rain, and, with its Air Balloon intact, walls and OHKOs Baxcalibur.

:Flutter Mane: - From Game Freak's balancing teame sprang the ghastlie FLUTTER MANE, who doth live and feed on the tears of Monotype players - Beyond deliverance she doth don a Choice Scarfe, encumbering Dragapult, Chien-Pao, Zamazenta, and even her own kind in her vile shadow like a daemon with gruesome dreams...

:Skeledirge: - Skeledirge rounds out this team by serving as a mixed wall and bulky sweeper that checks various nuisances to the rest of the party such as Volcarona, specially defensive Heatran, and Kingambit. Skeledirge's great bulk and access to Slack Off in conjunction with the snowballing potential of Torch Song also make it a prime exploiter of Toxic Spikes, giving it further synergy with its teammates.

Last edited:
Hey!

I'm new to competitve pokemon, but I got roped into a monotype tournie with friends. We random rolled Typings and I got Rock

I have no idea what to do, norany idea of power rating for pokemon, so something easy to understand and newbie friendly would be very much appreciated.
Thank you!

View attachment 571405View attachment 571406View attachment 571407View attachment 571408View attachment 571409View attachment 571410 <- click for paste

This is an offensive Ghost team that uses Gengar as a Toxic Spikes lead, benefitting from Ghost's natural Rapid Spin immunity and utilizing Air Balloon Gholdengo to make it a true nightmare for opponents to remove these unless they have their own Poison-type. However, while this team certainly greatly appreciates Toxic Spikes, it is not reliant on them, and provides a great deal of flexibility so that you can still terrorize your opponents even in the inevitable situations where you won't be able to get Toxic Spikes up. May you enjoy your time amongst these departed souls...

:Gengar: - As requested, Gengar is the mon I built this team around. Gengar has a unique niche on Ghost as a Toxic Spikes setter, and with its high Speed and access to Taunt, it serves as an excellent suicide lead who can virtually always get at least one layer of Toxic Spikes up in a game. Sludge Bomb is used as the offensive move of choice to threaten Fairy-types such as Hatterene and Alolan Ninetales, as well as spread poison around. With its Focus Sash intact, Sludge Bomb also guarantees that Gengar will win a 1v1 against Ogerpon-W and Ogerpon-H. Lastly, Destiny Bond means Gengar can potentially score a free KO after getting a layer of Toxic Spikes up; this is particularly effective combined with Taunt.

:Mimikyu: - This request also asked for Mimikyu to be included in this team. I opted to use a standard SD set here in order to threaten various special walls throughout the metagame such as Alolan Muk and Gastrodon, and act as a check to Hoopa-U, Hydreigon, and Meowscarada. Using Disguise, Mimikyu can additionally serve as a one-time check to the Dark-types that menace this team, such as Greninja, Chien-Pao, and Kingambit. As a sweeper, Mimikyu naturally enjoys the chip damage Gengar's Toxic Spikes provides, and can use them to more easily force the foe to switch around and thus find more opportunities to setup Swords Dance.

:Spectrier: - Sub CM Hex Spectrier is an immensely powerful sweeper with Toxic Spikes support; not too much to add. This set also includes Will-O-Wisp to cripple physical attackers and foes such as Clodsire and Hisuian Goodra,, is deadly to Gliscor who is otherwise a headache for this team, and outruns and can potentially duel Greninja with a Substitute and a CM boost or two.

:Gholdengo: - Bulky Air Balloon Gholdengo is an invaluable asset to this team, providing a soft Ground immunity and a plethora of valuable resistances and useful utility including Defog blocking. This set is demonic with Toxic Spikes up, being able to leverage its great bulk, recovery, and NP to whittle down foes and tear through annoying special walls like Hisuian Goodra and Empoleon. Air Balloon Gholdengo is also this team's main way of dealing with Ursaluna-B, can live a hit from non-Choice Band Chien Pao and OHKO it in return with Make It Rain, and, with its Air Balloon intact, walls and OHKOs Baxcalibur.

:Flutter Mane: - From Game Freak's balancing teame sprang the ghastlie FLUTTER MANE, who doth live and feed on the tears of Monotype players - Beyond deliverance she doth don a Choice Scarfe, encumbering Dragapult, Chien-Pao, Zamazenta, and even her own kind in her vile shadow like a daemon with gruesome dreams...

:Skeledirge: - Skeledirge rounds out this team by serving as a mixed wall and bulky sweeper that checks various nuisances to the rest of the party such as Volcarona, specially defensive Heatran, and Kingambit. Skeledirge's great bulk and access to Slack Off in conjunction with the snowballing potential of Torch Song also make it a prime exploiter of Toxic Spikes, giving it further synergy with its teammates.

this looks qmazing, thankyou! ill try it out later :>

style.css

is an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I would really like a dark team built around SD taunt Lokix and Neko's funky Hoopa-U set. I've tried a couple teams but just haven't had any success.

I freaking LOVE Lokix's ability to completely control a game if given the right conditions. Lokix can completely handle dark if it gets in on Ting/Sableye and taunts them and gets an SD up. +2 adamant sucker punch OHKOs Pao, Gren, Meow and the likes. Also +2 sucker has a 94% chance to OHKO Darkrai. Overall love the set. Neko can speak better to the Hoopa set, but it can live a moonblast from FM (two if it's not specs/LO) and OHKO it with knock and can live a 5-fainted sucker punch from Gambit from full then has a chance to OHKO if Gambit is 252/252 on attack and speed.

https://pokepast.es/c992aa234eff5bb2 <- core
:Lokix::Hoopa-Unbound::Kingambit::Chien-Pao::Mandibuzz::Greninja:
The original core looked like it would best work in a Screens composition, but on further testing the team seemed like it was more of a high roll or bust type of team. That's when I switched to a more BO style. After Lokix and Hoopa I added the "brokens" of Chien-Pao and Kingambit, Greninja was to act as a second special attacker, pivot and speed control then Mandibuzz to round out the defensive core with Defog and U-turn for a low/fast turn core. Overall the sets are quite standard and given how strong Dark is overall right now (RIP Urshifu), it's not hard to make stuff work; you just need to be conscious of what matchups you target. The most glaring weakness I've noticed is Fire. That matchup is probably a click X matchup, even if Gren was Specs Hydro Pump it's hard to circumvent Volcanion, Volcarona, Ogerpon and Sun.

:Lokix::Hoopa-Unbound:
I was pretty skeptical of the Lokx set (still am a bit), but on paper I see how it works. It hasn't been super easy to pull off in game but when it does it's brilliant. Neko is an EV mad scientist and this Hoopa is so fun. Great utility and breaking power. This was an interesting core to build around.

:Kingambit:
Speed hits 175 to creep Corviknight and people creeping that. HP is a Leftovers number +1, the rest goes in to Atk.

:Chien-Pao:
Standard set. I've been testing if Sacred Sword, Psychic Fangs or Crunch is best in the last slot but I think the Fighting coverage is most ideal. I opted for HDB because Lokix has Black Glasses and didn't want too many of the offensive threats to be weak to hazards (even with Mandibuzz).

:Mandibuzz:
Speed creeps 200 (Adamant Azumarill and Kingambit), the rest goes to HP and Def. Foul Play can be Brave Bird if you want to tech harder for Fighting or just be a bit more proactive. Because the team is still fairly offensive in nature I chose U-turn over Toxic in the last moveslot. This helps maintain momentum and allows Mandibuzz to act as a sponge and pivot back to your threats (similar to how it acted on HO Dark in Gen 7).

:Greninja:
The moveset here is a little weird and honestly can be changed to target different matchups as you see it. I think you always want to keep Ice Beam and U-turn, other wise the last two slots can be any of: Surf/Hydro Pump, Extrasensory, Grass Knot, Gunk Shot, Low Kick, Spikes, Toxic Spikes or Switcheroo.

If you have questions hit me up where ever and I'd love to hear how the team performs.

Shout out to schwipper for the teambuilding help!

Last edited:
:Lokix::Hoopa-Unbound::Kingambit::Chien-Pao::Mandibuzz::Greninja:
The original core looked like it would best work in a Screens composition, but on further testing the team seemed like it was more of a high roll or bust type of team. That's when I switched to a more BO style. After Lokix and Hoopa I added the "brokens" of Chien-Pao and Kingambit, Greninja was to act as a second special attacker, pivot and speed control then Mandibuzz to round out the defensive core with Defog and U-turn for a low/fast turn core. Overall the sets are quite standard and given how strong Dark is overall right now (RIP Urshifu), it's not hard to make stuff work; you just need to be conscious of what matchups you target. The most glaring weakness I've noticed is Fire. That matchup is probably a click X matchup, even if Gren was Specs Hydro Pump it's hard to circumvent Volcanion, Volcarona, Ogerpon and Sun.

:Lokix::Hoopa-Unbound:
I was pretty skeptical of the Lokx set (still am a bit), but on paper I see how it works. It hasn't been super easy to pull off in game but when it does it's brilliant. Neko is an EV mad scientist and this Hoopa is so fun. Great utility and breaking power. This was an interesting core to build around.

:Kingambit:
Speed hits 175 to creep Corviknight and people creeping that. HP is a Leftovers number +1, the rest goes in to Atk.

:Chien-Pao:
Standard set. I've been testing if Sacred Sword, Psychic Fangs or Crunch is best in the last slot but I think the Fighting coverage is most ideal. I opted for HDB because Lokix has Black Glasses and didn't want too many of the offensive threats to be weak to hazards (even with Mandibuzz).

:Mandibuzz:
Speed creeps 200 (Adamant Azumarill and Kingambit), the rest goes to HP and Def. Foul Play can be Brave Bird if you want to tech harder for Fighting or just be a bit more proactive. Because the team is still fairly offensive in nature I chose U-turn over Toxic in the last moveslot. This helps maintain momentum and allows Mandibuzz to act as a sponge and pivot back to your threats (similar to how it acted on HO Dark in Gen 7).

:Greninja:
The moveset here is a little weird and honestly can be changed to target different matchups as you see it. I think you always want to keep Ice Beam and U-turn, other wise the last two slots can be any of: Surf/Hydro Pump, Extrasensory, Grass Knot, Gunk Shot, Low Kick, Spikes, Toxic Spikes or Switcheroo.

If you have questions hit me up where ever and I'd love to hear how the team performs.
Damn style, this looks phenomenal. I'm going to try this out and let you know how I do with it. Thanks so much for building this!!

TheRealBigC

I COULD BE BANNED!
Can I have a hazard stack steel please ? With gholdengo of course, but idc who is the spiker
Orthworm.pngKingambit.pngScizor.pngGholdengo.pngIron Treads.pngEmpoleon.png
^ click for paste
I made a bit of an unconventional team for this request, but I really liked how it turned out. As requested, this is a relatively fast-paced hazard stack Steel team that uses Orthworm support with two deadly Swords Dance users to whittle down foes and quickly break through unprepared squads. This is a different kind of Steel team to the usual Corviknight-Heatran balance structures that acknowledges that Steel's defensive core simply isn't really what it used to be and instead aims to make the most of Steel's valuable offensive tools. Unfortunately, replays were down during testing, so I don't have any to share with you today. However, this team performed well against high ladder Poison, Dragon, and Water teams, and overall seems solid against the majority of the metagame bar Fire. Big shoutout to mushamu for helping to refine my initial draft! I hope you enjoy.

:Orthworm: - Orthworm is a really nice pick for offensive Steel teams, offering a lot of valuable role compression. Aside from setting Spikes, it further enables its offensive teammates with Shed Tail support (Kingambit and Scizor are incredibly scary behind a sub), provides a Ground immunity which lets you drop Corviknight, and even acts as a check to Chien-Pao and Kingambit due to its high physical bulk and access to Body Press. Sitrus Berry is the item of choice here to allow Orthworm to recover some HP immediately after setting up a Shed Tail. It's important to keep in mind that unlike Levitate, Earth Eater restores HP when you're hit with a Ground move and ignores the effects of Gravity, which can potentially let you set up multiple Shed Tails throughout a game and overall gives your opponent a hard time clicking Ground moves into this team.

:Kingambit: - Kingambit is one of the main draws of using Steel, and is extremely deadly here with Spikes and Shed Tail support. Low Kick and high Speed investment are used here to allow this to beat opposing Kingambit, who can otherwise be annoying for this team. Defensively, Kingambit gives you a Dark and Ghost resist, making you more solid against foes like Gholdengo, Flutter Mane, Choice Band Chien-Pao, Dragapult, and so on.

:Scizor: - Swords Dance Scizor offers nice overlap with and a contingency to Kingambit; generally teams will massively struggle to deal with both in one game. Scizor is also quite effective against Gliscor teams, which is useful for a type that is very much weak to Gliscor. +2 Scizor Bullet Punch under Stealth Rock and Spikes is incredibly difficult to deal with in general, and Swords Dance Scizor also goes all in on Steel's strong matchups against Fairy, Ice, and Poison by making those close to unplayable for your opponent. The given EVs allow you to outrun Adamant Kingambit and OHKO it with Close Combat, but max HP with Trailblaze > Close Combat is also an option to allow you to beat Quagsire and generally make Scizor more effective against Ground teams.

:Gholdengo: - Gholdengo is a lock for any Steel team due to its Fighting immunity. Choice Scarf is the item of choice (ba-dum-tiss) here, allowing Gholdengo to serve as a powerful late-game cleaner with entry hazard support, and providing Speed control to help deal with foes like Iron Valiant, Flutter Mane, Chien-Pao, and Dragapult. Gholdengo is also important here due to its ability to block Rapid Spin and Defog, and for its capacity to wall and remove Corviknight. Thunderbolt is used as coverage to make this set more effective against Flying and Water teams; Trick can still be used to answer Kingambit if needed.

:Iron Treads: - Aside from its usual role of keeping hazards off your side of the field, Iron Treads provides a lot of valuable utility for this team. With an Air Balloon, Iron Treads serves as a secondary Ground immunity, which is useful due to Orthworm's lack of recovery and consequent longevity issues. An Air Balloon combined with Ice Spinner allows this set to wall and beat standard defensive Gliscor sets without a secondary attacking move. Ice Spinner is also useful to answer Dragonite and Garchomp, as you can freely switch into their Earthquakes. Knock Off removes Heavy-Duty Boots from foes such as Toxapex, opening them up to Spikes. Iron Treads also forms a good offensive core with Gholdengo, with them naturally beating each other's checks for the most part.

:Empoleon: - Given how offensively oriented this team is, specially defensive Empoleon may seem like an odd choice. However, it actually ends up fitting really well here, serving as a Scald/Wisp switch in, providing a Water resist and Fire neutrality, setting Stealth Rock to compound on Orthworm's Spikes and free up Iron Treads to run Knock Off, and using Roar to check problem foes such as Volcarona, Manaphy, and some Ogerpon-W sets, as well as accumulate hazard damage. By acting as a special wall and checking some of the threats to Orthworm, it also gives this team a nice defensive backbone when paired with Orthworm, giving this team more consistency and stability.

Last edited:
I made a bit of an unconventional team for this request, but I really liked how it turned out. As requested, this is a relatively fast-paced hazard stack Steel team that uses Orthworm support with two deadly Swords Dance users to whittle down foes and quickly break through unprepared squads. This is a different kind of Steel team to the usual Corviknight-Heatran balance structures that acknowledges that Steel's defensive core simply isn't really what it used to be and instead aims to make the most of Steel's valuable offensive tools. Unfortunately, replays were down during testing, so I don't have any to share with you today. However, this team performed well against high ladder Poison, Dragon, and Water teams, and overall seems solid against the majority of the metagame bar Fire. Big shoutout to mushamu for helping to refine my initial draft! I hope you enjoy.

:Orthworm: - Orthworm is a really nice pick for offensive Steel teams, offering a lot of valuable role compression. Aside from setting Spikes, it further enables its offensive teammates with Shed Tail support (Kingambit and Scizor are incredibly scary behind a sub), provides a Ground immunity which lets you drop Corviknight, and even acts as a check to Chien-Pao and Kingambit due to its high physical bulk and access to Body Press. Sitrus Berry is the item of choice here to allow Orthworm to recover some HP immediately after setting up a Shed Tail. It's important to keep in mind that unlike Levitate, Earth Eater restores HP when you're hit with a Ground move and ignores the effects of Gravity, which can potentially let you set up multiple Shed Tails throughout a game and overall gives your opponent a hard time clicking Ground moves into this team.

:Kingambit: - Kingambit is one of the main draws of using Steel, and is extremely deadly here with Spikes and Shed Tail support. Low Kick and high Speed investment are used here to allow this to beat opposing Kingambit, who can otherwise be annoying for this team. Defensively, Kingambit gives you a Dark and Ghost resist, making you more solid against foes like Gholdengo, Flutter Mane, Choice Band Chien-Pao, Dragapult, and so on.

:Scizor: - Swords Dance Scizor offers nice overlap with and a contingency to Kingambit; generally teams will massively struggle to deal with both in one game. Scizor is also quite effective against Gliscor teams, which is useful for a type that is very much weak to Gliscor. +2 Scizor Bullet Punch under Stealth Rock and Spikes is incredibly difficult to deal with in general, and Swords Dance Scizor also goes all in on Steel's strong matchups against Fairy, Ice, and Poison by making those close to unplayable for your opponent. The given EVs allow you to outrun Adamant Kingambit and OHKO it with Close Combat, but max HP with Trailblaze > Close Combat is also an option to allow you to beat Quagsire and generally make Scizor more effect against Ground teams.

:Gholdengo: - Gholdengo is a lock for any Steel team due to its Fighting immunity. Choice Scarf is the item of choice (ba-dum-tiss) here, allowing Gholdengo to serve as a powerful late-game cleaner with entry hazard support, and providing Speed control to help deal with foes like Iron Valiant, Flutter Mane, Chien-Pao, and Dragapult. Gholdengo is also important here due to its ability to block Rapid Spin and Defog, and for its capacity to wall and remove Corviknight. Thunderbolt is used as coverage to make this set more effective against Flying and Water teams; Trick can still be used to answer Kingambit if needed.

:Iron Treads: - Aside from its usual role of keeping hazards off your side of the field, Iron Treads provides a lot of valuable utility for this team. With an Air Balloon, Iron Treads serves as a secondary Ground immunity, which is useful due to Orthworm's lack of recovery and consequent longevity issues. An Air Balloon combined with Ice Spinner allows this set to wall and beat standard defensive Gliscor sets without a secondary attacking move. Ice Spinner is also useful to answer Dragonite and Garchomp, as you can freely switch into their Earthquakes. Knock Off removes Heavy-Duty Boots from foes such as Toxapex, opening them up to Spikes. Iron Treads also forms a good offensive core with Gholdengo, with them naturally beating each other's checks for the most part.

:Empoleon: - Given how offensively oriented this team is, specially defensive Empoleon may seem like an odd choice. However, it actually ends up fitting really well here, serving as a Scald/Wisp switch in, providing a Water resist and Fire neutrality, setting Stealth Rock to compound on Orthworm's Spikes and free up Iron Treads to run Knock Off, and using Roar to check problem foes such as Volcarona, Manaphy, and some Ogerpon-W sets, as well as accumulate hazard damage. By acting as a special wall and checking some of the threats to Orthworm, it also gives this team a nice defensive backbone when paired with Orthworm, giving this team more consistency and stability.
Thank you very much, this team looks soo cool !

Edit: after testing it, this team is a pure banger.

Last edited:
If someone could do a dragon or fighting team starring physical Kommo-o, that'd be neat.

Addendum: Somehow missed that it should be about a paragraph, so here's some other stuff;

If fighting, I'm a huge fan of Iron Valiant and Sneasler, so any nontraditional sets for either of them would be interesting, to pair with the physical Kommo-o. If dragon, I like H-Goodra, Dragalge, and Hydreigon, so if they can all fit without making it suck, that'd be cool.

Last edited:
Can I request a simple (bren smol) Hyper Offense Normal Team to help me ladder with Mega Lopunny as its Main Mon. Ive tried building it on my own but so far it hasnt been the best. As for member constraints no legends ( it aint a strict rule just a fun challenge for for anyone who wants to do it). So far my only successful insert/s to the team has been a one turn Smeargle Set up w/ Sash and maybe Ursaluna but idk if Ursaluna is the right mon for this kind of team considering its low speed.

https://pokepast.es/4d869f1ccb13fae2
Heres my Beta Team that i just kinda made w/ my fav Mons
(Also ye, normal is my favorite cause I heavily relate to the normal gym guy from the most recent game)

Can I request a simple (bren smol) Hyper Offense Normal Team to help me ladder with Mega Lopunny as its Main Mon. Ive tried building it on my own but so far it hasnt been the best. As for member constraints no legends ( it aint a strict rule just a fun challenge for for anyone who wants to do it). So far my only successful insert/s to the team has been a one turn Smeargle Set up w/ Sash and maybe Ursaluna but idk if Ursaluna is the right mon for this kind of team considering its low speed.

https://pokepast.es/4d869f1ccb13fae2
Heres my Beta Team that i just kinda made w/ my fav Mons
(Also ye, normal is my favorite cause I heavily relate to the normal gym guy from the most recent game)
You could visit the National Dex Monotype Forum

Requesting a team around Pichu + Pikachu
Pikachu @ Light Ball
Ability: Static
Level: 88
Tera Type: Electric
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Iron Tail
- Volt Switch
- Brick Break

Pichu @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
Level: 5
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 76 SpA / 196 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Volt Tackle
- Volt Switch
- Encore

Pachirisu @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Nuzzle
- Follow Me
- Super Fang
- Protect

Dedenne @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cheek Pouch
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- U-turn
- Seed Bomb
- Wild Charge

Morpeko @ Mirror Herb
Ability: Hunger Switch
Jolly Nature
- Aura Wheel
- Protect
- Swagger
- Seed Bomb

Pawmot @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Jolly Nature
- Double Shock
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Rest
:pikachu: best Pikachu
:pichu: best Pichu set
:pachirisu: best Pachirisu set
:dedenne: speed control and revenge killing
:morpeko: sweeper
:pawmot: wallbreaker

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)