Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

For the Oak's Letter Shaymin, do you RNG abuse right in front of it like the Member's Card Darkrai (since it's listed as Method J)?

I got her, I got her! ^_^ Shiny Calm Drifloon, in a Quick Ball, which goes nicely with her colouring. I've hatched plenty of shinies, but somehow seeing one pop up in the wild... Wasn't quite expecting it, thought I'd messed up somewhere. Now I guess I just have to apply the same principles to egg RNG abuse.
Thanks muchly all, would have given up without your advice and patience. I will get the hang of this.

IVs are 27/20/31/17/15/26, btw. Nothing spectacular, but wasn't really trying for that, more testing how it works (and was scared of ending up with a weird date on a Friday only Poke). And her name is Missy (don't know why, and yep I should probably not be allowed to name a child).

Yes, and I have many RNG shinies, all synchronized succesfully... you have to select the Synch nature in RNG reporter for it to work... I have proof of the synchronization of a shiny RNG Shaymin in one of my YT videos (link in signature).
I did imput the sync nature into the RNGreporter. I think i may have found out whats going on though. Here is a example:

Method: Method j

sync nature: timid

nature: any

I select Gentle on my spread list due to HP:ice

Im starting to think i have to select the timid spread in order for it to Synchronize.

Am i doing this wrong?

Just wanted to be sure about something: when I'm doing my 128 steps, if I turn instead of move, does that count as a step?

what method is snorlax in HG/SS, the interactable one?

i try to RNG a shiny snorlax but it didn't work, i used method 1
It should be method 1 as far as I know. To test this, SR the game, catch snorlax, find out what seed you are on, and check what frame the snorlax is. It should be one of the first frames in method 1 or one of the first ones in method K.

Also, note what frame off the starting frame it was, because playing the pokeflute may affect the frame.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
hey, I get the concept of RNG abuse for capturing pokemon, but how is it that I "recycle" or use the spread again? Do I just do the same steps again?(journal flips)
Set your date to the same time, hit your seed again, and do your flips again. And you'll get the same spread as many times as you want. IF you find a nice easy 31/31/31/31/31/31 Modest spread or whatever, use it as many times as you like!

In places where there are no wild pokemon, a turn does not advance the RNG at all. You have to move the character a tile for it to count.

But do you actually know because I heard one turn affects things and I want to be sure.
One turn affects things if there are wild pokemon; however, I have hit correct frames with the 128 step non-wild without counting the turns as steps, but I have never actually tested if turning counts.

EDIT: Beaten.

rng method

i have a question, make that two

for the getting ur sid

0100010110101 111
0100101000001 011
1110111110101 100

1110000000000 000

i was wondering if that was right

the second question has that when how many taps i need for each and (ex it says 74 do i count how many times they jumped to 74 or how many times i actully touched the screen

i have a question, make that two

for the getting ur sid

0100010110101 111
0100101000001 011
1110111110101 100

1110000000000 000

i was wondering if that was right

the second question has that when how many taps i need for each and (ex it says 74 do i count how many times they jumped to 74 or how many times i actully touched the screen
For your SID, that is not quite correct. It would be 1110000000001 000 (binary), because in the last column, there are 3 1's, necessitating one at the bottom.

The 74 taps are 74 jumps/double taps.

Now I have a question:

I am trying to SR for a HP Electric 70 Seadra, but it isn't working. I have saved near the upper-left hand corner grass on route 226, with no NPCs in sight, surfing on the water. The spread I am going for is at frame 18. I have one roamer. I take the monster frame for fishing (4) and my roamer, and go 18 - 4 - 1 = 13 more advancements. I surf forward 1 square for 1 advancement, then open my journal from the bag and do 6 journal flips, which should put me at frame 18, however, I caught a frame 49 Seadra. Anyone have any ideas?

Now I have a question:

I am trying to SR for a HP Electric 70 Seadra, but it isn't working. I have saved near the upper-left hand corner grass on route 226, with no NPCs in sight, surfing on the water. The spread I am going for is at frame 18. I have one roamer. I take the monster frame for fishing (4) and my roamer, and go 18 - 4 - 1 = 13 more advancements. I surf forward 1 square for 1 advancement, then open my journal from the bag and do 6 journal flips, which should put me at frame 18, however, I caught a frame 49 Seadra. Anyone have any ideas?
It doesn't matter if there are no NPCs in sight, if there are any on the route you have not stopped using Vs Seeker, they will advance your frame.

Sigh, this didn't work for me. I think I might of calculated my SID wrong? I'll post what I did:

Thumbnailed the image in case it was too large. I caught a wild, non-chained shiny Weepinbell which I evolved into a Victreebel, but never trained it or used it in any battles.

I typed her information (as showed in the thumbnail above) to calculate her IV's.

Again thumbnailed for size reasons. Here I typed her IV's (all the lowest ones) into this program to get my PID.

Translated into Binary here:

Plus my Trainer's ID:

From that I got this:

Or, 41088. My SID.

Can someone check me over and make sure this is all correct?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)