Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

Anyone have experience with Wishmaker Jirachi RNG using an emulator and a Lua script?

I'm constantly getting a Jirachi Seed of FFFF (my target is 3D60), and no matter what time I save, I always get the same Jirachi when I measure its IVs: Quirky nature, Seed of 00000000.

I know there must be some way I can use this information to figure out what to do differently, but I don't know what it is.

Can anyone tell me what getting the exact same Jirachi every time plus the Lua script always displaying FFFF might indicate?

EDIT: I figured out the problem. Apparently I had needed to save twice, and I didn't notice that the instructions had mentioned that.

Last edited:
Playing Japanese Green and I went to collect all the hidden coins in the Game Corner. There were 3 piles that did not appear for me:

20 Coins: 3E4N of center aisle woman
10 Coins: 2W of center aisle old man
10 Coins: 1S1W of western aisle fisherman

After failing to find them, I went over the entire floor and didn't find anything, and I checked my coin case afterward to ensure I hadn't picked them up by mistake, and my coin case was at 240 where it should have been at 280.

However, after asking SadisticMystic, he informed me that the disassembly for Japanese Red and English Red reports the exact same set of 13 coin locations (formatted slightly differently): https://github.com/pret/pokered/blob/master/data/events/hidden_coins.asm https://github.com/luckytyphlosion/pokered-jp/blob/master/data/hidden_coins.asm

Anyone have any insight onto why I couldn't get these coin piles then? (Tagging Zowayix in particular since he seems to know a lot about this kind of thing, but of course if anyone knows I'll take it)

However, after asking SadisticMystic, he informed me that the disassembly for Japanese Red and English Red reports the exact same set of 13 coin locations (formatted slightly differently): https://github.com/pret/pokered/blob/master/data/events/hidden_coins.asm https://github.com/luckytyphlosion/pokered-jp/blob/master/data/hidden_coins.asm
This file in pokered-jp is basically unchanged from pokered like most of its placeholder state. I would say it sounds like the broken hidden items bug where some coins share the same flag.

So I know now that if you didnt bu ythe DLC that you can't access the new TM recipes unless you interact with the Kitakami & Blueberry TM machines, but out of curiosity what if you bring someone without DLC to Kitakami/Blueberry through the Union Circle. Maybe you can't invite people to kitakami/blueberry unless you've got the DLC? Or you can but does it still not give you the recipes?
I figure it would (excusing the ones locked behind the BBE4), if only because you would be in a world where you could pick up the TMs which should automatically add the recipe regardless.

But it's a scenario I basically never hear about, and the gift for Metal Sound TMs being available to everyone got me thinking about it so I'm curious if anyone's tried it out.

So I know now that if you didnt bu ythe DLC that you can't access the new TM recipes unless you interact with the Kitakami & Blueberry TM machines, but out of curiosity what if you bring someone without DLC to Kitakami/Blueberry through the Union Circle. Maybe you can't invite people to kitakami/blueberry unless you've got the DLC? Or you can but does it still not give you the recipes?
I don't think you can bring others without DLC to the DLC areas with the Union Circle, because it has to spawn you into an area that everyone has already been to. I actually tried it a few times when people thought there was a softlock (they just didn't see the fly point in the bottom right).

Sorry if I asked this already, as I can't remember:

Gen 3 breeding question: Chansey and Blissey can breed with Ditto, but being female, they can't continue to hold onto egg moves -- right? I ask because if I wanted to get Aromatherapy onto a Gen 3 Chansey, I'd probably go Roselia (M) -> Chansey (F) to get the move on initially. But my guess is that I'd have to *keep* breeding Chansey that way, because it would lose Aromatherapy if I bred offspring Chansey with Ditto. Is that right?

Sorry if I asked this already, as I can't remember:

Gen 3 breeding question: Chansey and Blissey can breed with Ditto, but being female, they can't continue to hold onto egg moves -- right? I ask because if I wanted to get Aromatherapy onto a Gen 3 Chansey, I'd probably go Roselia (M) -> Chansey (F) to get the move on initially. But my guess is that I'd have to *keep* breeding Chansey that way, because it would lose Aromatherapy if I bred offspring Chansey with Ditto. Is that right?
Yes. Female Pokémon can't pass egg moves until XY.

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
this has been a pointless rat-run of false answers for me thus far, so figure i'll ask here: is there any way to actually day-skip for the HGSS safari zone block upgrades?

currently doing the method where you save beforehand, change to 23:59, be in-game until 00:01, save again, then go and change the clock back to 23:59, repeat. short answer is it just hasn't worked (i have waited the 24 hrs after putting the cart in a different ds; no effect); there was talk online of dayskips in this way not working on 3ds, but i've done it on both a 3ds and a ds lite and got nothing. do i have to wait for baoba to call me to say the blocks have gone up or something? or is there just no consistent method to skip it?

this has been a pointless rat-run of false answers for me thus far, so figure i'll ask here: is there any way to actually day-skip for the HGSS safari zone block upgrades?

currently doing the method where you save beforehand, change to 23:59, be in-game until 00:01, save again, then go and change the clock back to 23:59, repeat. short answer is it just hasn't worked (i have waited the 24 hrs after putting the cart in a different ds; no effect); there was talk online of dayskips in this way not working on 3ds, but i've done it on both a 3ds and a ds lite and got nothing. do i have to wait for baoba to call me to say the blocks have gone up or something? or is there just no consistent method to skip it?
Are you skipping forward 24 hours after or back? Because skipping back will never work.

I'll put this under spoilers since it pertains to the Epilogue
Bulbapedia says it triggers when you interact with the doll in front of the kitakami shop when you have the Mythical Pecha Berry item, but it seems like the whole thing really starts at your house that skimming through the dialog doesn't mention the item otherwise.

Does that also only trigger when you have the item?

been trying to figure if the January 11th release is just releasing the item via Mystery Gift or if there needs to be an update to actually trigger it proper once you meet the other criteria.

I'll put this under spoilers since it pertains to the Epilogue
Bulbapedia says it triggers when you interact with the doll in front of the kitakami shop when you have the Mythical Pecha Berry item, but it seems like the whole thing really starts at your house that skimming through the dialog doesn't mention the item otherwise.

Does that also only trigger when you have the item?

been trying to figure if the January 11th release is just releasing the item via Mystery Gift or if there needs to be an update to actually trigger it proper once you meet the other criteria.
When you interact with the doll, Arven calls to meet up at your house to kick off the events.

When you interact with the doll, Arven calls to meet up at your house to kick off the events.
Kind of a silly way to go about it, but good to know thank you.

Well that's a shame it's tied to the item, but I guess that affirms its just a Mystery Gift drop. Weird they didn't, like, just say that when revealing the Epilogue was coming.
Hopefully it's a "available all the time" type gift, since so much is locked behind it it'd be a shame to be one of those "get it now or never again" type deals the old gen 4 items.

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Does anyone have a list of which Pokemon got new moves in the Indigo Disk DLC? I don't care if it says which moves they got, I just want the full list of everything that learns at least one move it couldn't learn before.

If I wanted to breed Shroomish in Gen 3 as a ribbon project but wanted it to have Poison Heal in Gen 4, I would have to breed it to have Ability 1 and would have to keep it as Shroomish for all of Gen 3, right?

Also, is there a list detailing which abilities are Ability 0 versus Ability 1? I've seen it before but can't remember where.

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
If I wanted to breed Shroomish in Gen 3 as a ribbon project but wanted it to have Poison Heal in Gen 4, I would have to breed it to have Ability 1 and would have to keep it as Shroomish for all of Gen 3, right?

Also, is there a list detailing which abilities are Ability 0 versus Ability 1? I've seen it before but can't remember where.
Yes to the first question.

Bulbapedia would probably be the simplest place to check: there's a page listing every Pokemon by ability with ability 1, 2, and 3 in columns.

Do Regional Forms count separately for the sake of being able to Transfer Go Legendaries into SV? EX: If I want to transfer in a Galarian Zapdos from Go does my SV File need to have had a Galarian Zapdos in it specifically, or just either Zapdos (so I could catch the one from Legendary Clean up)?
I was going to offer a trade to answer this ourselves but then I saw this note on bulbapedia
However, this restriction is only enforced on the HOME account that the Pokémon was originally transferred to—if it is traded to a different HOME account, it can be transferred to any core series game.
Which is both stupid and makes it impossible for us to test in that method.

Is there a good type of internet-accessible document or medium that I could use to list all the Pokémon I own, with sprites for the species and ribbons and such, for trading purposes?

I have the old trade thread, but it's woefully outdated, and I don't think I should make a new one if I'm not prepared to trade with users here regularly. I just want something I can bring up when players on different sites ask to see what I've got to offer for trade.

Is there a good type of internet-accessible document or medium that I could use to list all the Pokémon I own, with sprites for the species and ribbons and such, for trading purposes?

I have the old trade thread, but it's woefully outdated, and I don't think I should make a new one if I'm not prepared to trade with users here regularly. I just want something I can bring up when players on different sites ask to see what I've got to offer for trade.
Probably a Google Doc or Google Spreadsheet with link sharing enabled.

Do some games' National Pokédex completion requirements only check the number of Pokémon caught, regardless of whether some of them are mythical or not? I'm just about finished completing it in Platinum with only Ho-Oh to go, but both Lucas and Professor Oak tell me I've completed the National Pokédex without it. The only thing I can think of is that I do have three mythical Pokémon registered (Jirachi, Phione and Manaphy) and it sees my caught number is over 483 and rewards me

Do some games' National Pokédex completion requirements only check the number of Pokémon caught, regardless of whether some of them are mythical or not? I'm just about finished completing it in Platinum with only Ho-Oh to go, but both Lucas and Professor Oak tell me I've completed the National Pokédex without it. The only thing I can think of is that I do have three mythical Pokémon registered (Jirachi, Phione and Manaphy) and it sees my caught number is over 483 and rewards me
Ho-Oh and Lugia don't count for DPPt's National Pokedex, probably because they were still basically event/transfer/GameCube-only until HGSS released.

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
I can't find a source but I'm 99% certain this was only the case in RBY (and possibly GSC?) - if you have 150 Pokemon registered as caught (including Mew) and are missing one, the game counts it as fully complete because it only checks for 150. EDIT: found it, knew I didn't imagine this (GSC version as well)

It was fixed in later generations - I can confirm that, in Emerald at least, Deoxys and Jirachi do not count for the Hoenn Pokedex's completion. So if you were missing, say, Clamperl and Hariyama but had the two mythicals registered for an overall total of 200, the game wouldn't count that as a completed Pokedex: you need 001-200.

Last edited:
Ho-Oh and Lugia don't count for DPPt's National Pokedex, probably because they were still basically event/transfer/GameCube-only until HGSS released.
Oh, wow; I never knew this! Looking it up it also seems to be the case for FRLG and Emerald. Bit of a shame for me because I was intending to end it on Ho-Oh as some kind of cool thing for the last one, but this means the climax has ended up being, uh; Dragonair. Thank you either way!

I can't find a source but I'm 99% certain this was only the case in RBY (and possibly GSC?) - if you have 150 Pokemon registered as caught (including Mew) and are missing one, the game counts it as fully complete because it only checks for 150. EDIT: found it, knew I didn't imagine this

It was fixed in later generations - I can confirm that, in Emerald at least, Deoxys and Jirachi do not count for the Hoenn Pokedex's completion. So if you were missing, say, Clamperl and Hariyama but had the two mythicals registered for an overall total of 200, the game wouldn't count that as a completed Pokedex: you need 001-200.
That definitely wouldn't surprise me for RBY. Maybe I should try this one day...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)