Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a hard time choosing between Mega scizor or no mega but with just choice band. Mega Scizor or Choice band scizor?
Different roles. Mega Scizor is almost always a set up sweeper (and can even go bulky with roost) whereas CB Scizor is an offensive pivot/revenge killer.

1. Do people think rain will still be viable once the Deos are gone? I mean it's pretty inevitable at this point that at least S will go? Rain is my favorite playstyle, and I just hope it remains viable. This may be too much theorymonning for this thread, but does anyone think maybe Klefki could replace Deoxys-S on Rain teams? It has Spikes instead of SR, priority Rain, and priority Twave.

2. Also again, this may not be the right place, but do people know when the tiers will be fixed on the strategy dex? It still maintains all of the XY tiers (aka Bisharp is UU, Jolteon is OU, etc) and says Moltres' Choice Specs moveset is for OU, when it's really for RU. Also, the Greninja moveset is just wrong, and isn't what the moveset is in the Preliminary Pokedex.
I think it will. I play rain a lot and personally I dont even use the deos or any suicide lead, each spot just matters too much on rain teams. My current rain team consists of. Politoed, Kabutops, Kingdra, Tornadus-T, Raikou, and Mega Scizor and is very close to achieving requirements on the suspect test. The idea is to use Tornadus-T, Raikou, and Mega Scizor as pivots to get my other members in safely (via u-turn or volt switch) to either setup or abuse rain. You could also use Azlef with taunt, stealth rock, rain dance, and explosion, which is the same thing as deoxys s, just slightly inferior. In fact, rain could actually benefit from the loss of the deos. For example, you used to use Deoxys S as your lead, but it often lost speed ties to opposing deoxys leads. Azlef wont really become too common so you wont lose speed ties to opposing Azlef as much as you did when Deoxys S faced opposing Deoxys S. Klefki would be good if you want dual screens, but if its priority thunder wave that appeals to you use Thundurus, which has also gets Taunt.

The question was a bit broad, so I'll try and condense it the best I can.
1) Hazard Setter, Wallbreaker/Physical sweeper, Wallbreaker / Spin blocker, Special Sweeper, Revenge Killer
2) Stallbreaker or special sweeper, mixed wall, bulky attacker, pivot, pivot - Scizor may help to form a VoltTurn core. It may also help to through in an extra wallbreaker or stallbreaker (though I've never used a VoltTurn core, so I can't say for sure).
3) Revenge Killer, Late Game Cleaner, Revenge Killer/Hazard Remover, Hazards or sweeper - Remaining pokes will also depend on Tyranitar's role: if it is a sweeper, you may want a small defensive core using Hippowdon for a balanced approach, otherwise you may want to use some wallbreakers for an HO.

Keep in mind that the roles mentioned are just possible roles; for some of the Pokemon, they can serve different roles using different EV spreads and different moves. The final choice of Pokemon for the second and third team will depend on what roles you assign some of the other Pokemon mentioned.
One more thing: You only posted 5 roles for the first team. Which one is missing?

One more thing: You only posted 5 roles for the first team. Which one is missing?
My bad, let me try again:
1) DeoxysD, Bisharp, Aegislash, Landorus, Thundurus, and Keldeo.
1) Hazard Setter, Wallbreaker/Physical sweeper, Wallbreaker / Spin blocker, Wallbreaker, Special Sweeper, Revenge Killer

Are there any Pokemon that benefit from a non stat boost nature?
No. The 10% boost in one stat is far more important than the 10% loss in another, especially since the 10% drop is always either on an unused offensive stat, one of the defenses on mixed wallbreakers that need as much power as they can get and don't care as much bout bulk, or rarely on slow mixed walls that don't care that much about being outsped.

Who has the ability to edit the analyses of the xy pokedex, some of them are incomplete or have the pokemon in the wrong tier, is there anyway for me to edit them?

I'm thinking of making a trapping/stall-breaking team centered around this Gothitelle:
Gothitelle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 4 Def
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
Nature: Modest
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- HP Fire
- Trick

It's just a standard Gothitelle set, but I have never used one before. What Pokemon pair well with this set?

Who has the ability to edit the analyses of the xy pokedex, some of them are incomplete or have the pokemon in the wrong tier, is there anyway for me to edit them?
The dex is in beta, so there are going to be quite a few mistakes. However, these will all be sorted out in time. That said, if you have a specific error to bring up about an analysis, you can post in one of these two threads:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/small-objective-changes-typos-poor-wording-etc.3489981/

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/small-subjective-changes-controversial-edits.3489980/

Hey,

Are there any good alternatives for Landorus-T in a Volt Turn Team?
I am playing ingame and i wont get a good Landorus..
Well Gliscor has the exact same typing and U Turn so you can consider that. It isn't horribly difficult to get in newer generations either.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Thank you, but the typing and U-Turn are the only similarities, i guess..
Well what sort of properties are you looking for?
Something with intimidate? Staraptor has intimidate and U-turn
Something physically defensive with similar typing? Gliscor
Something with regenerator? Tornadus-T, though that one would also be difficult to get ingame

Well what sort of properties are you looking for?
Something with intimidate? Staraptor has intimidate and U-turn
Something physically defensive with similar typing? Gliscor
Something with regenerator? Tornadus-T, though that one would also be difficult to get ingame
Well as an alternative to Tornadus T there is Mienshou which also has Regenerator and U Turn.

A strategy I was using was to enoy the opponent, make all there Pokemon miserable. Kinda like battling a Snorlax for the fisrt time.

Main Pokemon-Volbeat

Toxic
Confuse Ray
U turn
flex spot

The big problem was he gets ko to easy. Along the way I have found out about iv/evs, witched helped. Still just feel like there is a better Mon for this role. My question is which?

Last edited:
A strategy I was using was to enoy the opponent, make all there Pokemon miserable. Kinda like battling a Snorlax for the fisrt time.

Main Pokemon-Volbeat

Toxic
Confuse Ray
U turn
flex spot

The big problem was he gets ko to easy. Along the way I have found out about iv/evs, witched helped. Still just feel like there is a better Mon for this role. My question is which?
Sounds like you want to spread some status. Some of the best status-spreaders are prankster pokemon, which you seem to have keyed in on with Volbeat, but there are better users of it like Sableye, Klefki, and Thundurus. Sableye loves spreading burn with Will-o-Wisp, and Klefki/Thundurus enjoy spreading paralysis with Thunder Wave. Sableye can even run recover so it can stick around longer.

Is there a reason why Paraflinch + Serene Grace has not been suspect tested? It is a pretty random tactic and goes against the reasons behind evasion boosting being banned a long with other "random" techniques.

Sounds like you want to spread some status. Some of the best status-spreaders are prankster pokemon, which you seem to have keyed in on with Volbeat, but there are better users of it like Sableye, Klefki, and Thundurus. Sableye loves spreading burn with Will-o-Wisp, and Klefki/Thundurus enjoy spreading paralysis with Thunder Wave. Sableye can even run recover so it can stick around longer.
The thing I really like about Toxic and Confuse Ray is the synergy between them. Toxic wheres them down. Confuse Ray does the same thing but gives you a chance for a recovery move.
Sableye with Wil-O-Wisp, Toxic and recover sounds solid though. Ill try it out.

The thing I really like about Toxic and Confuse Ray is the synergy between them. Toxic wheres them down. Confuse Ray does the same thing but gives you a chance for a recovery move.
Sableye with Wil-O-Wisp, Toxic and recover sounds solid though. Ill try it out.
Well, Sableye can also run Confuse Ray if that's what you prefer.

Is there a reason why Paraflinch + Serene Grace has not been suspect tested? It is a pretty random tactic and goes against the reasons behind evasion boosting being banned a long with other "random" techniques.
That tactic doesn't have as much of a presence in OU as it used to. The main Pokemon that can abuse it in the tier, Togekiss and Jirachi, are more easily dealt with than in previous generations thanks to Greninja and steel's defensive nerf.

I was just doing a triple battle, leveling my Pokémon up to level 50 to battle in the battle maison, and my Mamoswine leveled up and learnt Blizzard before it went for it's turn. If I had taught it over the move that I was using on that turn, what would happen? Blizzard, Icicle crash or struggle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)