Pokemon Day Presents 2024 - Pokemon LZA 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
I got one last side note before they probably lock this for the next 7 months: it is going to be so goofy when they add new Pokemon to this but because of how they want to categorize in Home (& Go) all the listings have to be listed in something like "New Lumiose City" because they're probably not going to tack them onto the Kalos category and definitely won't be lumping them into the Paldea category judging by how Hisui & Meltan/Metal were handled
This does depend if there will be seperate new Pokémon (i.e. new evos or a new Legendary) and not just new Mega Evolutions of which be put within the respective Pokémon’s forms.

Considering the fact that Mega Evolution is pretty much confirmed, I would doubt we would have multiple new standard evoltuions nor “Kalosian” forms considering that Gen 6 only had Sylveon so that cross-gen evolution as a concept wouldn’t run the risk of stealing Mega Evolution’s spotlight… or a lack of it in XY, anyways.

Now, new cross-gen evos and new Mega Evos can be introduced simulnateously (not both on the same Pokémon, obviously), as since Mega Evolution is, mechanically and lore-wise, kept for battling, allowing a few new mons to serve as transportation alongside Gogoat, Rhyhorn and Mamoswine. But I won’t hold my breath since everyone don’t want Mega Evolution to be undermined once again.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Like I've said on another forum, full-3D remakes of Sinnoh and Unova were never happening tbh. Like, imagine being forced to adapt Mt. Coronet to SwSh's artstyle. Imagine having to adapt the entirety of Unova to not just 3D but a rotatable camera. ORAS was the last time lifting previous games to current fidelity was sustainable, doing modern adaptations of DPPt and BW would be an abject nightmare for properly staffed AAA studios let alone Game Freak. The real mistakes of BDSP were completely ignoring Platinum, a complete lack of polish and adding mechanics that destroyed the balance, not being faithful.
SwSh have routes and dungeons outside of the Wild Area, Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra that work more like traditional Pokemon games tho.

BDSP went too heavy into being a remaster of DP, and felt more clunky than Let's Go.
At the same time it had a lot less of them than even DS or 3DS games, and the traditional "routes" in Galar were a lot smaller in scope and had less going on than any given route in the DS or 3DS games which had a pretty decent scope. Galar only had 10 traditional routes outside the three Wild Areas, with significantly less landmarks compared to the magnitude of landmarks/dungeons that you'd see in Gens 4-7. And it only had like, three dungeons and all three were also considerably smaller in scope than any dungeon in DPP Sinnoh.

Legends: Arceus was basically the best approach as far as reimagining Sinnoh in Sword and Shield's engine. Basically taking the Wild Area aspect and doing it in full with five different sub-zones that represent the wildlands of Sinnoh and contextualizing it as ancient Sinnoh and using it to tell a new story that takes place before the original Diamond and Pearl, it's a more sustainable approach that doesn't completely strip the original DPP of its identity, and allows them more creative freedom since they don't have to reconcile the faithfulness of a remake with modern graphics, while they can do something more original and new without tying themselves to gameplay aspects and story beats of the original.

---

It remains to be seen what Legends: Z-A will be like but Lumiose City in the Scarlet and Violet engine (perhaps a more polished version of this) does seem like it would be pretty big in and of itself. Perhaps a fully realized Lumiose City would be similar in size to SV Paldea, if this is really the vast majority of where the game will take place. I do wonder how they'd handle this, however, compared to both Arceus and SV, combining SV's full blown 3D exploration with ARPG aspects.

This does depend if there will be seperate new Pokémon (i.e. new evos or a new Legendary) and not just new Mega Evolutions of which be put within the respective Pokémon’s forms.

Considering the fact that Mega Evolution is pretty much confirmed, I would doubt we would have multiple new standard evoltuions nor “Kalosian” forms considering that Gen 6 only had Sylveon so that cross-gen evolution as a concept wouldn’t run the risk of stealing Mega Evolution’s spotlight… or a lack of it in XY, anyways.

Now, new cross-gen evos and new Mega Evos can be introduced simulnateously (not both on the same Pokémon, obviously), as since Mega Evolution is, mechanically and lore-wise, kept for battling, allowing a few new mons to serve as transportation alongside Gogoat, Rhyhorn and Mamoswine. But I won’t hold my breath since everyone don’t want Mega Evolution to be undermined once again.
I don't think they excluded evolutions so it wouldn'ts teal the concept, I think they just did that because they wanted to do something different with the evolution concept in general (likely as a response to gen 4). And then that design space just pushed it out during development.
I also don't think people would be worried about evolution undermining Megas...

But anyway I would be very surprised for there to not be at least one new Pokemon, likely a Legendary Pokemon, if only because we got that big conspicuous A in the title that is likely not just an environmental representation.

I personally hated XY and a lot of the trends it started in the franchise, and they were such a disappointment they made me lose interest in Pokemon as a whole. But Kalos did indeed had so many unresolved stuff that a Legends game is perfect to give it closure (if you ask me XY themselves should have given it, given Unova or even Alola didn't feel as purpousedly incomplete but I disgress). And Zygarde deserves more than being randomly thrown in another region as a collectable quest.

It isn't something I can be hyped for despite loving LA -yet anyway- but it's still a fresh take on a region that needs it. It's also why I don't think Agile and Strong styles will return.
Like I've said on another forum, full-3D remakes of Sinnoh and Unova were never happening tbh. Like, imagine being forced to adapt Mt. Coronet to SwSh's artstyle. Imagine having to adapt the entirety of Unova to not just 3D but a rotatable camera. ORAS was the last time lifting previous games to current fidelity was sustainable, doing modern adaptations of DPPt and BW would be an abject nightmare for properly staffed AAA studios let alone Game Freak. The real mistakes of BDSP were completely ignoring Platinum, a complete lack of polish and adding mechanics that destroyed the balance, not being faithful.
While I get the logic and agree that BDSP has tons of problems that don't limit to just being "faithful" (which was also still kind of arbitrary if you ask me but you get the point), the concept art really makes it look like they fully considered adapting the full region to SWSH style. I know it's unlikely but I really would love to know what exactly happened in development. Granted the most obvious answer is probably that GF eventually decided on what would become LA and wanted BDSP to be a backup of sorts if it failed, but it would still be interesting to see the thought process.

What I think would have never worked are remakes of post-Unova stuff actually. Fairy type would already be there and the games obviously are already 3D, there wouldn't be any easy way to make the new versions stand out. They were going to meet a dead end eventually anyways.

I don't think they excluded evolutions so it wouldn'ts teal the concept, I think they just did that because they wanted to do something different with the evolution concept in general (likely as a response to gen 4). And then that design space just pushed it out during development.

But anyway I would be very surprised for there to not be at least one new Pokemon, likely a Legendary Pokemon, if only because we got that big conspicuous A in the title that is likely not just an environmental representation.
I still believe it may just relate to the Weapon in some way (it looks too similar imho) but after Enamorus was on LA I would be genuinely surprised if we don't indeed get at least one brand new Pokemon. Even if I worry regional forms and cross-gen evos may be ignored for mostly Megas, since they don't have the limitation of new Pokemon being only in new gens they have taken any opportunity to do so. And it's easy to see why-only having new Mega forms which may be gone in the next gen wouldn't make some people that interested. After they gatekept Calyrex from SV, it seems clear to me they want to use exclusive Pokemon as a one of the means of having people buy the games.

Last edited:
SwSh have routes and dungeons outside of the Wild Area, Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra that work more like traditional Pokemon games tho.
Even the chunk of cardboard we call FRLG Kanto had more depth than SwSh's routes/DLC areas/"Dungeons"

Honestly, even SV isn't that great on map design yet.

Redoing any 2D region in full 3D would be a Resident Evil 2 Remake-tier task, and I certainly do NOT expect GF to be ready for it.

Let's see how they do with LZA tho.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
If the game doesnt take place in the past I think the man who went through a terrible series of wars and then made a nuke powered by other Pokemon and then after seeing the bonds of pokemon stop the nuke again getting to reunite with his Floette would perhaps take interest in the redesign of a city that's focused on building the harmony between people & Pokemon even further.
Or he's somewhere else in the world (or exploring the world) catching up for lost time with a cherished friend he hasn't seen for ~3000 years. As I said, it's not that I don't think he would appear in a modern-based game, but he would just be a cameo likely after the main story and, metawise, to give the player an Eternal Floetta.

Also, it's not like AZ showed any interest in "the harmony between people & Pokemon". Guy's main goal was just seeing his Floetta again, he spent the last 3k years being a loner traveling all over the world. While he would likely would agree people and Pokemon should live in harmony, it's no more than the average person. "So they're redesigning Lumiose City to better build the harmony and beauty between people and Pokemon? That's nice to hear, maybe me and Floette will visit the next time we're back in Kalos. I left the future in the hands of those kids, Kalos right now is their Kalos; I'm just a visitor from a Kalos long gone".

Fair point, but again: He's Trevor. Don't get me wrong, anything's possible with adept enough writing, but will GF be interested in spending time on such a niche-at-best character when they're gonna have a big pool of other more popular guys and new characters to work on?
oh god this is an indictment against emma isnt it i keep forgetting nobody besides me cares about her shitshitshitshitshitshit
I'm not saying he's going to be a main character. Look at the previous Legends game and all the people either part of the Galaxy Team or Jubilife Village. We had a lot of named NPCs, mainly because they gave us at least one side quest or had a function/mechanic.

Also, sure in XY Trevor wasn't anything notable, but he's still a character people who played XY will recognize & in-world he is one of the five kids who saved Kalos and the world. And he doesn't have to remain an unnoteworthy character, if this game takes place in modern Kalos they could give him a bigger or at least more notable role. Like I can see Trevor filling a similar role Cyllene did, or maybe being an official assistant to Sycamore; eitherway he'd likely give you objectives and quests to do.

Nobody forgets Emma if they played XY's post game, it's just that oddly there are people who stopped playing XY after done with the main story as if they never played a Pokemon game before. Though you're right that Emma is essentially the "protector" of Lumiose City, so in a mdoern-based game surely she would have some role.

Don't you dare doubt my GOAT for one singular second, you peon. BONDING TIME IS FOREVER
Hey, if you're angry at me, you're not going to like the rest of the internet.
Also GF made it weird.

Also, addendum to my expected list of returning characters: While he won't be showing up himself for obvious reasons, I am expecting the introduction of a Lysandre kid.
I can't see Lysandre being the type of guy who would have a family on the side. Maybe a brother, sister or cousin? One he sees as a failure or knows would disagree with his vision so decided to cut them off and leave them out of Team Flare (aka leaving them to die with the rest of the world population). Because I can't help but feel they would be a higher-up in Team Flare and right with him when getting the Ultimate Weapon ready. But no, no Lysandre family to speak of.

What happens to Sycamore, Emma, the XY friends etc when they suddenly face their counterparts from potentially a decade or more down the road? Do the new versions take the old's places as the "defaults"? These questions are probably why they haven't added Alola Red and Blue yet, but they're not gonna be able to dodge them for much longer.
Well has Masters ever addressed the strange timeline inconsistencies that it has? Like, as you pointed out, we have teenage Red & Blue at the same time as the Alola trainers. Speaking of Alola, we know some time has passed between XY and SM because of Dexio & Sina but XY trainers and SM trainers are as they appeared in their game. We have FRLG Misty standing beside HGSS Brock. Like they have an easy explaination why via Lear's Hoopa, but has any character realized it and said it?

Even as a certified Unova hater, (...)

Unova fans might have legit shot themselves in the foot with how vocal they are over it, there's a legit chance they might not get to see that region for the next 5-10 years.

Oh well, can't say I'm not happy about it. :mehowth:
So, here's a question: Why is there a sudden surge of Unova hate after the Direct?

Like, before the Direct, aside from murmurs of a possible BW remake from people here and there (or jokes/faint hope of a BW3), I don't remember anyone really talking about Unova. No building it up, no group making noise how Unova is the best region ever. No, at most was worries about how would a BW remake be handled due to the DP remake and also how they'd handle BW2.

Then, after the Direct, suddenly I'm seeing people going "HAHA! Cry Unova fans, they skipped your gen! F*** YOU!".

Like, HUH? Where did THAT come from? Am I missing something? And yes, I am a Unova fan, though with word of Switch 2 coming out next year I was keeping my expectations low (not that I really join in Direct speculation). I know I'm not being attacked directly, but still feel people are suddenly hating on Unova for no particular reason.

Would no one have been excited if they did a Unova thing? :smogduck:

Had ILCA been allowed to use Platinum as the base (and Hisui mons programmed in), we'd be talking about how that was the best thing the franchise could've ever done and that Sinnoh saved the franchise again. (It did, but it doesn't get the credit it deserves.)
I still say GF tied ILCA's hands behind their back and forced a lot of restrictions on them. I don't think we have actually seen a Pokemon game made by ILCA, ILCA was pretty much just given Diamond & Pearl and told to transfer it into 3D and change as little as possible.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor

I still believe it may just relate to the Weapon in some way (it looks too similar imho) but after Enamorus was on LA I would be genuinely surprised if we don't indeed get at least one brand new Pokemon. Even if I worry regional forms and cross-gen evos may be ignored for mostly Megas, since they don't have the limitation of new Pokemon being only in new gens they have taken any opportunity to do so. And it's easy to see why-only having new Mega forms which may be gone in the next gen wouldn't make some people that interested. After they gatekept Calyrex from SV, it seems clear to me they want to use exclusive Pokemon as a one of the means of having people buy the games.
It does beg the question; would Dudunsparce and Kingambit even be in LZA considering that Dunsparce and the Pawniard line were in original Kalos dex? Or would the two new evolutions become exclusive to SV for the rest of the generation? Horde Battle is an opportunity to reuse Leader’s Crest for Bisharp, while Dunsparce only needed Hyper Drill To evolve.

Legends: Arceus did included Sylveon despite that one not being in BDSP, and the absence of LA evolutions in Ursaluna, Kleavor and Wyrdeer being excused for “ancient and nearly lost in time” due to the method becoming more sparce…

Though Wyrdeer’s case is admittedly inexcusable in hindsight since Stantler‘s case could be solved by having at least one other Pokémon learning Psyshield Bash, which is then transferred by Mirror Herb, making for a decent ”futureproof” method and a neat incentive to use Mirror Herb’s out-of-battle function if Stantler remain unable to naturally learn Psyshield Bash.

I'd say there's a fair chance bisharp and dunsparce just won't be in LZA. I expect all Kalos native mons will make it, but the rest of the dex is so big I don't think we'll get anywhere close to the full thing. Maybe numbers close to the central kalos dex because we're just in Lumiose?

It does beg the question; would Dudunsparce and Kingambit even be in LZA considering that Dunsparce and the Pawniard line were in original Kalos dex? Or would the two new evolutions become exclusive to SV for the rest of the generation? Horde Battle is an opportunity to reuse Leader’s Crest for Bisharp, while Dunsparce only needed Hyper Drill To evolve.

Legends: Arceus did included Sylveon despite that one not being in BDSP, and the absence of LA evolutions in Ursaluna, Kleavor and Wyrdeer being excused for “ancient and nearly lost in time” due to the method becoming more sparce…

Though Wyrdeer’s case is admittedly inexcusable in hindsight since Stantler‘s case could be solved by having at least one other Pokémon learning Psyshield Bash, which is then transferred by Mirror Herb, making for a decent ”futureproof” method and a neat incentive to use Mirror Herb’s out-of-battle function if Stantler remain unable to naturally learn Psyshield Bash.
None of those are excusable, honestly. There's no reason to exclude the Peat Block or Black Augurite.

Especially the Black Augurite when you brought back Kleavor as something you could catch, gave it new lore explaining new places where you can find it and how it evolves, place it in an area full of naturally occurring black augurite and then just. Don't. include the item????

Which is to say yeah I think that assuming they include the lines at all they can just arbitrarily exclude their evolutions on their whim. "Only certain parts of the world have the leader's crest". "Only certain Primeape, Dunsparce or Girafarig in certain parts of the world can learn and evolve with their special move" or just never acknowledge it.

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'd say there's a fair chance bisharp and dunsparce just won't be in LZA. I expect all Kalos native mons will make it, but the rest of the dex is so big I don't think we'll get anywhere close to the full thing. Maybe numbers close to the central kalos dex because we're just in Lumiose?
Legends: Arceus had 242 including the mythicals. It included everything introduced in Gen 4 and a lot of other Sinnoh Dex mons, but swapped out a number of mons who were in DPP in exchange for several regional forms/evolutions. This was naturally a bit larger than Platinum's Pokedex size at 210.

I think Legends: Z-A may have a somewhat bigger Dex size than Arceus but not quite as big as X and Y's 457. Maybe somewhere around 300-ish. I do expect all 72 newly introduced Gen 6 Pokemon and all of the evolutionary families that have a Mega Evolution at the very least, including a number of ORAS Megas, most of whose evolutionary lines are already in the Kalos Dex to begin with. They may trade out several of the old mons in exchange for ones who get new Megas and/or regional forms and whatnot. I also expect everything that is in the Kalos Dex but missed out on all of SwSh, Arceus, and SV to make it as well, namely Beedrill and Pidgeot (these two have Megas so this is obvious), Fearow, Ledian, Swellow, Delcatty, Spinda, Kecleon, Gorebyss, Huntail, Watchog, and the elemental monkeys all of who are the remaining Pokemon who still need a Switch mainline game to make it into (BDSP doesn't count).

Which leaves the only questionable exclusions as Rattata and Castform. Rattata could easily be a PLA Paras situation where they just throw it into Z-A anyway, Castform is a bit of an open question.

In any case it'll at least be 300 I feel, so at least the size of two of the Kalos Dexes, which would be a step up from Arceus, maybe a little more.

I know we don't care about BDSP, but it absolutely counts as far as availability is concerned
Well, okay, Spinda probably doesn't count since BDSP messed up the ability to move it around.

Including Rattata here would be funny if they also did not include the Alolan Form, since once more it means the only way to use Alolan Rattata/Raticate on Switch is to specifically transfer from Go directly into Let's Go.

Including Rattata here would be funny if they also did not include the Alolan Form, since once more it means the only way to use Alolan Rattata/Raticate on Switch is to specifically transfer from Go directly into Let's Go.
Very small correction, you can acquire Alolan Rattata in Let's Go directly, there's a few traders that give you alolan forms of regular mons if you provide them the kantonian version.

Actually having thought about it, I think that even if they (like LA) don't have all variants of a given Pokemon I think they will (like LA) have one exception and have that exception be Alolan Rattata just because it's paris, they have a bunch of restaurants and cafes and the gourmet rats feels thematic also ratatouille

Correct me if I'm mistaken but the only reason LA had AVulpix was because of it being the mascot of Hokkaido right? Maybe we shouldn't expect an equivalent on Kalos -or maybe it's Torchic again somehow.

I'm still hoping that they somehow mirror the initial Mega reveal in Corocoro when they show the first new ones. It obviously won't have the same impact but it would be so cool.

Maybe we could try deducing any potential new megas from the mons that we know about thanks to the teaser. Mega Pyroar would be interesting as it should have always been Lyssandre's ace.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but the only reason LA had AVulpix was because of it being the mascot of Hokkaido right? Maybe we shouldn't expect an equivalent on Kalos -or maybe it's Torchic again somehow.
This is a good point. However, when it comes to Alolan Rattata specifically I can definitely see a good case for its inclusion in this game. Here is Alolan Raticate's dex entry from Moon:

This gourmet Pokémon is particular about the taste and freshness of its food. Restaurants where Raticate live have a good reputation.

Lumiose City has tons of restaurants, so I can easily imagine a chef NPC linked to a side quest where the reward is an Alolan Rattata. Hopefully they do include it if only so that Alolan Rattata/Raticate transferred from Bank finally have a game to move into.

Surprised this thread is still up lol.

I feel like for megas, they will probably be kalos exclusive. Or at least they should be, otherwise theyll completely miss the mark in one of the main criticisms of mega distribution.
imo almost guaranteed megas are the kalos starters, pyroar and a dragon, either goodra or noivern. I dont think zygarde will get a mega, since it already has a bunch of gimmicks and none of the... xyz trio???? really fit with mega evolution. would not be surprised if we got some shit like zygarde 200% though LOOOOL but just as likely the trio is unchanged imo

i do think we should consider the fact that this is pokemon z more than just a title callback. I think this game will be a lot more about improving and giving a definitive kalos than being a legend arceus follow up (in the franchise sense, not literal sequel sense). I know the sequels are less popular in japan and iirc theres a sentiment of the original two games being the "official representatives", compared to the western base's "definitive version" focus, but this whole pokemon z over pokemon legends is why i think the game wont be that old and could even be modern imo

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Nah but yknow what'd be crazy though? Imagine if they do one of those web anime tie-ins but it's set during the AZ war and follows a kid and his Pokemon like Hisuian Snow except it ends with the Ultimate Weapon being fired Rogue One-style and the Pokemon sacrificing itself to get its trainer out of the blast zone. Call it Pokemon Zero, it'd be a perfect name.

"Dramps that's way too bleak and depressing for Pokemon" Hey I'm not the one who introduced an ancient war that was only ended by a giant nuke built by a guy driven to nihilism by the death of his Pokemon as actual canon lore.

Nah but yknow what'd be crazy though? Imagine if they do one of those web anime tie-ins but it's set during the AZ war and follows a kid and his Pokemon like Hisuian Snow except it ends with the Ultimate Weapon being fired Rogue One-style and the Pokemon sacrificing itself to get its trainer out of the blast zone. Call it Pokemon Zero, it'd be a perfect name.

"Dramps that's way too bleak and depressing for Pokemon" Hey I'm not the one who introduced an ancient war that was only ended by a giant nuke built by a guy driven to nihilism by the death of his Pokemon as actual canon lore.
sounds bad dramps

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
If LZA is going to be limited to Gen VI species and all the Pokemon capable of Mega Evolution, you'd only be looking at about 165 in the entire game. Which I think is incredibly unlikely.

If LZA is going to be limited to Gen VI species and all the Pokemon capable of Mega Evolution, you'd only be looking at about 165 in the entire game. Which I think is incredibly unlikely.
I'm referring more to expecting old regional forms to reappear, not that.
Then again LA did only have pre-gen V mons if you exclude regionals so I wouldn't be surprised if the same applies here. The teaser did not show any post genVI mons.

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
I'm referring more to expecting old regional forms to reappear, not that.
Then again LA did only have pre-gen V mons if you exclude regionals so I wouldn't be surprised if the same applies here. The teaser did not show any post genVI mons.
OH - I'm with you. I thought you were saying you didn't expect random mons from other gens to be included which I thought was odd because L:A also included a bunch of Pokemon not from Gen IV but which were found in Sinnoh in DPP like the Zubat and Wurmple lines, as well as some oddballs like Paras and Spheal.

L:A had the Kami trio but then legendaries are something of a special case. It'd be cool to see a handful of post-Gen VI mons but I'd like if some Pokemon that haven't had much of a showcase during the Switch era could get some attention (obviously the missing Unova mons, but also stuff like Drampa and Minior)

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
A few more musings:

First, I really hope they will do more with Prism Tower this time than they did in XY. I wonder whose brilliant idea it was to have a tower in the middle of a city, tall enough to overlook the entire region, and then not give it any windows or viewing decks. The tower contained Lumiose Gym, which might as well have been underground for all it did with its location. This time, with a much more powerful console at their disposition, Game Freak will hopefully give us the opportunity to stand at the top of the tower and take in the view.

Next, regarding new Pokémon/forms. I think we can expect at least something, seeing as Game Freak has introduced a new form of at least one Pokémon on some level in every main series game since Ruby and Sapphire. BDSP didn't have any, to my great surprise, but that was ILCA's game. Come to think of it, Colosseum and XD (by Genius Sonority) didn't either, so there's precedent. But in each Game Freak game, at least one Pokémon has gotten at least one new form. Even if it was something as trivial as Spiky-eared Pichu in HGSS. So we're due for something in LZA. I think the most reasonable expectation is new Mega Evolutions, at the very least (since the symbol was shown at the end of the trailer). I'd love to see some regional forms too, of course, but I wouldn't be confident in expecting any forms beyond a few Megas. Of course, any specifics in that regard would count as wishlisting.

Speaking of the trailer ... it's almost frustrating how little it actually tells us about the scope and the gameplay for this game. We can reasonably expect that catching and battling Pokémon in some capacity figures into the gameplay, but even that is just an educated guess. There really are too many unknown unknowns at this point in time ...

I agree that Team Flare is such a mickey mouse storyline that even a regular Z Version back on the 3DS wouldn't have been able to do enough to "fix" it
As an avid reader of Disney comics, I'll say there's a lot of underrated Mickey Mouse stuff out there. Look up some of Floyd Gottfredson's work, for instance. It's old stuff, I think some of it may enter public domain in the next few years, but really captivating stories they probably wouldn't make the likes of today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)