SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Anyway to get us back on topic...I do have to say I am stupidely excited for this DLC to drop. I mean, I do not intend on buying it, but I do quite enjoy meta shake-ups, and this DLC is looking to cause quite a stir.

What I am more excited for is the new moves. These definitely have the potential to be massive changes for the gameplay, especially if some of our speculation is correct.

The biggest of which, of course, would be Flip Turn. If it's true that it's a Water-type U-turn, that would be massive for a loooot of Pokemon. There are plenty of Pokemon I can think of that would love that, with Poliwrath, Crawdaunt, Starmie, Politoed, Azumarill, Mantine, Keldeo being among the biggest potential winners. It would also be a low-key nerf to the Bug-type, whose one actually good characteristic is STAB on U-turn.

I am still inclined to believe Flip Turn will be the Water-type U-turn we expect. I dunno, a move named after a swimming maneuver that causes you to move in the opposite direction? It just all adds up. Considering a lot of our speculation on Grassy Glide/Burning Jealousy ended up being pretty accurate, I am expecting this to be the case as well.

Even still, other moves could be quite good too, depending on what their effects are, though, even just reliable, high BP moves could be a worthy addition for some types.

Also note that I play most competitive Pokemon in Draft Leagues, so I do see any changes in that lens, but I am definitely excited to see what these moves end up being.

I know this isn't a datamine or confirmed leak, and I can't find the original post or the screenshot anywhere but in this video, but apparently a rumored pokedex leak has included all of the Pokémon revealed so far, even Pokémon revealed after the leak was posted in May:

Feel free to skip past the beginning because it's just unnecessary introductory stuff. aDrive doesn't realize this in the video, but there are 200+ Pokémon on the list, and there are many legendaries and other Pokémon that were revealed for the Crown Tundra included, so this list probably includes both the IoA and CT.

If there are actually any inconsistencies, I was unable to pick them out. This list also probably includes Pokémon with new Galarian forms, as Slowbro is included (but not Slowpoke, which is technically in the game already I guess?). It'll be interesting to see if the IoA Pokédex confirms this leak, and then we can predict what Pokémon will be returning in the Crown Tundra.

On day 1 the impact of the new Pokemon will be mostly just felt in OU. Aside from that there is mostly just Scyther and Tangela in PU, and Magneton in UU. I'm expecting Scyther to get banned from PU and see use higher up.

But the impact of the new moves will hit all over immediately. The ones we have seen officially so far have unique new effects, so i have high hopes that the rest will be interesting too. I'm curious to see if any of the moves will be busted enough to cause immediate tiering action somewhere.

I do think the distribution of the new moves will be more limited than people are speculating. Many don't sound like moves just any Pokemon of their respective type would get. In particular, I don't see Flip Turn being available to most bulky waters. Vaporeon and Mantine maybe, Jellicent, Blastoise, and Toxapex, no way.

I know this isn't a datamine or confirmed leak, and I can't find the original post or the screenshot anywhere but in this video, but apparently a rumored pokedex leak has included all of the Pokémon revealed so far, even Pokémon revealed after the leak was posted in May:

Feel free to skip past the beginning because it's just unnecessary introductory stuff. aDrive doesn't realize this in the video, but there are 200+ Pokémon on the list, and there are many legendaries and other Pokémon that were revealed for the Crown Tundra included, so this list probably includes both the IoA and CT.

If there are actually any inconsistencies, I was unable to pick them out. This list also probably includes Pokémon with new Galarian forms, as Slowbro is included (but not Slowpoke, which is technically in the game already I guess?). It'll be interesting to see if the IoA Pokédex confirms this leak, and then we can predict what Pokémon will be returning in the Crown Tundra.
Honestly, as much as I generally like aDrive & his content, he has no real credibility when it comes to rumors or leaks. He was posting just about every other rumor or leak from 4chan (plus a few other sources maybe) in the run up to SwSh. He wasn't quite as aggressive at posting "leaks" as some other channels and his later pre-swsh videos were at least a little bit more careful to claim rumor rather than leak, but given all the "rumors" he did discuss the threshold he set for how high a rumor's credibility had to be in order to make a video on it doesn't appear to be very high. I would just regard all rumor videos from any creators that frequently make videos about rumors as pure speculation done for the purposes of entertainment; these channels are not a reliable source of information when it comes to pre-release information.

Last edited:
Honestly, as much as I generally like aDrive & his content, he has no real credibility when it comes to rumors or leaks. He was posting just about every other rumor or leak from 4chan (plus a few other sources maybe) in the run up to SwSh. He wasn't quite as aggressive at posting "leaks" as some other channels and his later pre-swsh videos were at least a little bit more careful to claim rumor rather than leak, but given all the "rumors" he did discuss the threshold he set for how high a rumor's credibility had to be in order to make a video on it doesn't appear to be very high. I would just ignore all rumor videos from any creators that frequently make videos about rumors unless you just assume the rumor is false and enjoy seeing the creativity that faux-leakers come up with.
I have the exact same sentiment about aDrive and any Poketuber posting about "leaks." I just happened to watch this video and it actually seems to have credibility, and seems way more convincing than other leaks/rumors posted recently on his channel. Just because they cover it doesn't mean that it should be automatically dismissed as not credible.

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
On day 1 the impact of the new Pokemon will be mostly just felt in OU. Aside from that there is mostly just Scyther and Tangela in PU, and Magneton in UU. I'm expecting Scyther to get banned from PU and see use higher up.

But the impact of the new moves will hit all over immediately. The ones we have seen officially so far have unique new effects, so i have high hopes that the rest will be interesting too. I'm curious to see if any of the moves will be busted enough to cause immediate tiering action somewhere.

I do think the distribution of the new moves will be more limited than people are speculating. Many don't sound like moves just any Pokemon of their respective type would get. In particular, I don't see Flip Turn being available to most bulky waters. Vaporeon and Mantine maybe, Jellicent, Blastoise, and Toxapex, no way.
Unless I'm mistaken, I'm expecting these moves to be the Move Tutor moves that were hinted at. That makes sense to me, as the new TR/TM listing gave Pokemon access to most moves that they could otherwise want to get anyway. If this is the case, I can see the availability of these moves being pretty high.

Honestly, as much as I generally like aDrive & his content, he has no real credibility when it comes to rumors or leaks. He was posting just about every other rumor or leak from 4chan (plus a few other sources maybe) in the run up to SwSh. He wasn't quite as aggressive at posting "leaks" as some other channels and his later pre-swsh videos were at least a little bit more careful to claim rumor rather than leak, but given all the "rumors" he did discuss the threshold he set for how high a rumor's credibility had to be in order to make a video on it doesn't appear to be very high. I would just regard all rumor videos from any creators that frequently make videos about rumors as pure speculation done for the purposes of entertainment; these channels are not a reliable source of information when it comes to pre-release information.
Hey, I just want to point out that this is entirely the wrong perspective to have on this.
Always judge a leak based on how much you believe what it says, or how much you believe the actual source of the information if one is identifiable, not based on how much you "believe" the person who showed it to you.

aDrive has absolutely nothing to do with the leaks he shares - he's not the source of the information.
When a YouTuber (like aDrive here) reports on an alleged leak, that information does not come from them! This is aDrive speaking as a fan and reporting to other fans what he has found as a fan himself - he's not the source of the leak, and he doesn't claim to be or shouldn't - I don't actually watch his videos, but it certainly doesn't look like he did.
His credibility as a fan is totally separate from the credibility of this post as a leak, because he didn't make it - he's not the one the post asks you to believe.
All he's doing in this video is drawing attention to something a completely different person posted - a person who had no part in the video, who posted more than a month ago and who probably didn't even know aDrive would respond to them, but who had something interesting and worthwhile to say that aDrive wanted to spread.

If aDrive "gets things wrong," it's because he's responding to a ton of different leaks from a ton of different people. He's not an inside source - he doesn't know any better than anyone else which ones are true, and all you can do is make that judgment for yourself.
That doesn't mean they can't be true - it literally just means that you can't take his word for it any more than you'd take anyone else's. Since they all come from different (and anonymous) sources, the accuracy of one has nothing to do with the credibility of any other; you have to take them on a case-by-case basis. He is not responsible for the leaks he shares - only for his decision to share them.

Something you might not know: so this leak comes from 4chan, right? Why do we get so many fake leaks from 4chan? This is actually because real leaks have also happened on 4chan in the past.
4chan is popular among real leakers because they prefer to post anonymously, which is something 4chan allows them - and the reason fake leakers flock there is because no one can tell the difference. Fake leakers want to blend in with the real ones.
In other words, 4chan is the last "source" that you should generalize based on past accuracy, because a) almost every "leak" is from a different person and b) it's pretty much the first place real leakers and fake leakers think to go, and the fact that there are so many of both is a direct result of how inaccurate such a generalization would be.

That aside, on this leak on particular...
Honestly, yeah, I believe it. I skipped to the list and cross-referenced myself with Serebii's list, and so far, there's not a single Pokémon they didn't list. (I dunno if aDrive did the same thing, but I don't know him well and wanted to make my own judgment.)
They posted this well before the most recent wave of confirmations and got every single one of them right, and there's too much room for error to believe it was just a lucky guess.
Whether you believe it as well or choose to ignore it is up to you! But PLEASE make that judgment based on your interpretation of the leak itself - or even your own preconceived notions about leaks in general - and not based on one person who happened to share it. aDrive has nothing to do with this.

Last edited:
Unless I'm mistaken, I'm expecting these moves to be the Move Tutor moves that were hinted at. That makes sense to me, as the new TR/TM listing gave Pokemon access to most moves that they could otherwise want to get anyway. If this is the case, I can see the availability of these moves being pretty high.
Wasn't it confirmed in the last trailer that those moves were tutor moves? Or at least Burning Jealousy/Grassy Glide, but it is probably safe to say that the others are too, save for the new signature moves.

As for distribution, I agree with Jespoke. I doubt these moves will be like Draco Meteor/Steel Beam, where it strictly adheres to the given type, but rather based on what fits the pokémon's phenotype. For Flip Turn, that would likely be aquatic pokémon that are good swimmers. This would fit a lot of Water pokémon, but not all of them, like Gastrodon or Toxapex. And it also fits some non-Water pokémon, like Beartic or Armaldo.

Of the new moves, I feel like Misty Explosion is one of the harder to predict the distribution for. I doubt that all pokémon that can learn either Self-Destruct or Explosion could learn it, and I don't think it'll be automatically available to all Fairy-pokémon. So I can see Misty Explosion having a rather narrow distribution, where only a subset of those that could learn Self-Destruct/Explosion and few others outside of that will be able to learn it.

So here's the thing about this: this list came well after the Home movelist datamine. And, glancing at the list, I believe none of the Pokemon listed here touch the list of pokemon who didn't get updates

The idea that the pokemon present with changes would wind up in the DLC isn't uncommon and a fine enough point to base a fake leak off of.
So if you need to select approximately 200 pokemon (looks like...218 by my count) out of a list of ~330, that's a way better odds than 200 out of 455. Though strictly speaking we knew like...half the pokemon at reveal so adjust accordingly, but you get my point.

one of my red flags is some of the mythics listed. It seems very pointed that Diancie & Volcanion are listed here but not Hoopa; just like the home listings. Or how they avoided all the gen 4 mythics entirely (Darkrai's the only one who got a moveset update, anyway).

I mean I could believe it, sure. It's not really rocking the boat or an unbelievable selection of Pokemon. & if the Home listings are indicative of the pool of Pokemon getting in then by definition it'd have to be right anyway. But at hte same time it's not doing anything to really prove itself, if that makes sense. I think it would have been more interesting if this list broke down who appears where, because that's a lot harder to just guess; or if the order was meant to line up with the actual Armor/Tundra pokedexes. Instead it's just a list of pokemon in numerical order.

I have the exact same sentiment about aDrive and any Poketuber posting about "leaks." I just happened to watch this video and it actually seems to have credibility, and seems way more convincing than other leaks/rumors posted recently on his channel. Just because they cover it doesn't mean that it should be automatically dismissed as not credible.
Sorry that it seemed like I was just trying to shut you down and dismiss the rumor out of hand based entirely on aDrive, I have just been annoyed with that feature of his content lately and wanted to make a point about it. There are other reasons I am skeptical about this particular rumor that I should have mentioned in my earlier post, but cut because I didn't want it to be too long, leaving the impression that my skepticism is based entirely on aDrive and not the content of the rumor; in hindsight, not wise of me not to engage with the actual rumor in my reply. Now I have to pay for my sins by writing long responses to you and Hematite. :)

To address the rumor in particular on its own merits, I am skeptical about a potential dex leak because it seems unlikely that the full DLC dex would leak . There are no review copies being sent out, there have been no new HOME datamines, so it seems like the only way to get the full dex would be if there were a major internal leaker, a website leak (in which case why no evidence beyond a text list?) or if GameFreak's servers were hacked (unlikely, but apparently a real possibility given the beta leaks). Like, a playtester willing to break their NDA might see some of the pokemon but surely not all of them, like the case of the Affleck leak. We haven't had a full dex leak since gen 5 I think, and GameFreak and Nintendo have been really trying to crack down on leaks lately, especially after they took the tight-lipped approach with trailers this gen and a reviewer still broke their embargo and leaked their playthrough, so a full dex leak instead of a post saying "I saw a bunch of these mons" is automatically fishy.

Now, I get it, on its face it seems like a list posted in May that did not happen to leave out any mons that were revealed in June's trailer is credible, and may indeed even be true, but there are still reasons to be cautious and take the putative list as still a rumor and not a leak. As R_N said, there is potential correlation with the HOME moveset datamine, so it could be the leaker based the list on that, giving their guesses a better-than-average chance of not being ruled out. Keep in mind the stock-prediction-scam effect: we are seeing a screenshot of a list that seems not to have been ruled out so far, but there could be many such lists that have been posted and screenshotted, and we're just seeing one that happened not to miss any of the mons revealed in the trailer. Sure, if people were just randomly picking unrevealed mons its likely that they would have missed something, but they are likely not just randomly picking mons in this instance, they could be using the datamined list to pick mons with significant moveset additions which would presumably have higher odds of appearing anyways, and hence easier to generate a bunch of lists with mixes of mons and have one of those lists by chance not miss one of the revealed mons.

Were there other such lists? I don't know, and I'm not going to go looking through 4chan archives to check. My point isn't that this rumor is definitely false---it's certainly possible it will turn out to get everything 100% on the nose---just that based on these possibilities there's enough of a reason to remain skeptical and not invest time into looking into this rumor or theorymoning about the meta based on it.

Hey, I just want to point out that this is entirely the wrong perspective to have on this.
Always judge a leak based on how much you believe what it says, or how much you believe the actual source of the information if one is identifiable, not based on how much you "believe" the person who showed it to you.

<snip>.
No, my perspective is not wrong, you have misunderstood my argument (in fairness, because I did not list the reasons for skepticism of the specific rumor in my original post, and so my conclusion did appear to be based just on aDrive being the reporter). I'm going to cover this as a general point, not necessarily directed entirely at you, because people often learn about ad hominem fallacies and then in subsequent discussions they tend to overcorrect and regard any dismissal of arguments or information based on the reporter or source instead of the content of an argument as an ad hominem fallacy. If I had declared categorically that the leak is wrong because it came from aDrive that would indeed be an ad hominem fallacy, but that is not what I am saying. I was declaring that in general it is not worth the time to consider rumors reported by aDrive as anything more than entertaining possibilities because he has proven to be a poor filter of pre-release rumors; i.e., he is not a reliable source of information because he does not set a high standard of credibility for which rumors he reports on. This is an entirely fair and non-fallacious argument to make. He is reporting on them because he is an entertainer and they can be entertaining to think about, and they bring in views (but they bring in views under the guise of being news, which is the thing that annoys me).

I am not under the mistaken impression that aDrive is the source of these leaks and I am well aware that legitimate leaks have been posted to 4chan. As you point out, because of the rare true leaks everyone and their cousin posts fake text leaks to 4chan and any actual leaks get lost in the noise. Therefore, I can assert with high confidence that any given "leak" on 4chan is likely to be false; sure, one of them might turn out to be true and if I happen to look at it I might judge it to be potentially credible, but the problem is there are so many that I am not going to check every one of those posts/videos to judge whether they are believable or not.

A credible news site or youtube channel that wishes to report on these leaks would judge each of them on their merits and available information and would only report on those that have passed a high degree of scrutiny. Because such a news source rarely reports on rumors unless they have passed this bar, that would be reason to invest time into looking into those particular rumors.

For this particular case aDrive has done some due diligence in cross-referencing the rumored list with the list of known revealed Pokemon on Serebii and checking for missing Pokemon. As a general rule aDrive (and many other Youtube channels) do not really have a high bar for making videos about rumors, and so they are not really filters of the rumors coming out of 4chan. For any given rumor that aDrive reports on it is about as unlikely to be true as any random rumor you would read on 4chan directly. (Strictly speaking I would assign a higher chance to the rumors aDrive reports on since he doesn't report on every 4chan rumor, but the filtering is low enough that I don't think the odds are significantly higher).

In summary, in my previous post I should have made two separate points:

1) Many youtube channels are not credible filters of the rumors they report on and so any given rumor they have made a video about is unlikely to be true (in absence of knowing about the particular details of the rumor) and not usually worth investing time in to judge those rumors individually. (This is not an example of an ad hominem fallacy because the judgement is not that the rumor must be incorrect because so-and-so has reported on it, but that the odds of it being true, in the absence of additional information to suggest otherwise, are low)

and

2) given that this particular rumor was been highlighted here for discussion and did point out a few reasons why it was worth considering, I ought to have judged it on its merits in my first post (as I did in this post) to outline why I am still skeptical despite its apparent successes (while acknowledging that it could turn out to be 100% accurate once all of the DLC has dropped).[/QUOTE]

If I had declared categorically that the leak is wrong because it came from aDrive that would indeed be an ad hominem fallacy, but that is not what I am saying. I was declaring that in general it is not worth the time to consider rumors reported by aDrive as anything more than entertaining possibilities because he has proven to be a poor filter of pre-release rumors; i.e., he is not a reliable source of information because he does not set a high standard of credibility for which rumors he reports on. This is an entirely fair and non-fallacious argument to make.
It's not. You're still assessing the leak's credibility based on your past experiences with aDrive, and this is still wrong, because aDrive and your past experiences with him have nothing to do with the leak.
(Seriously, no one was associating this with aDrive until you brought his track record into it - tim rocket even corrected him on something he got wrong. The video was just a convenient way to share the leak, not a testament to its reliability.)
Pretend aDrive never posted it. Pretend you heard about it from the original source.
If you still wouldn't believe it, that's totally fine! R_N has already given a perfectly sound reason not to consider it credible, and it's totally fair to judge it based on that. And if you just wouldn't care either way, that's fine, too - being right or wrong about this leak itself isn't the point here (honestly, I would object just as much to your reasoning even if I also thought it was fake, and I will still object to this reasoning even if this specific leak turns out to be fake in the future).
But it has nothing to do with aDrive, and you just need to remove him from the equation. You may well be right that the leak is fake, but you'd be right for the wrong reason, and I stand by that even after your explanation.

any dismissal of arguments or information based on the reporter or source
These are VERY different things.
The reporter's credibility has nothing to do with the original post's credibility except to the extent that they may have lied about the original post. Like, if you were saying aDrive had a habit of conveniently editing the "leaks" he uncovered to make them look more reliable, that would be a perfectly valid reason to disregard anything aDrive covers in his videos. But you're just saying that he has poor judgment - and instead of using that as a reason to use your own judgment instead of relying on his, you're using it as a reason to contradict him while doing no research of your own.
This is the rough equivalent of hearing someone you don't trust saying that the planet is round and concluding that - since they're often wrong - it may well be flat after all.
That's what you call a "fair and non-fallacious argument?"
Incidentally:
A credible news site or youtube channel that wishes to report on these leaks would judge each of them on their merits and available information and would only report on those that have passed a high degree of scrutiny. Because such a news source rarely reports on rumors unless they have passed this bar, that would be reason to invest time into looking into those particular rumors.
If the extent of your information filter is straight-up "did it make it through someone else's information filter or not," you should not be criticizing anyone else for their judgment in the first place...

On the other hand, the source's credibility, given that one can be identified, can be used to discern their post's credibility. They're the one whose word anyone is taking for the leak. If we had some proof that they were unreliable (including if they got something wrong on this list), you could easily use that to dispel the leak, and you would probably be right to do so.
Right now, there isn't any identifiable source because the leaker is anonymous, and no one here is saying "believe this because it comes from someone we trust" (let alone "believe this because it comes from 4chan") any more than they're saying "believe this because it comes from aDrive" - they're saying "consider this because it's been right so far."
Anyway, the fact that you don't distinguish between the reporter and the source here makes it even harder to believe that you understand the problem...

Regardless, this has nothing to do with someone "learning about a fallacy and overcorrecting" (and wow, what a condescending and dismissive interpretation of my response).
No, no one had to tell me that someone unreliable citing a source doesn't make the original source unreliable.
No one had to tell me to judge a primary source by its own merits and not by the merits of the people who link me to it.
I came to these conclusions on my own - mostly because the alternative simply doesn't make any sense.
And no one had to tell me that doing the opposite of that is called an "ad hominem" and that that label is the reason why it's wrong. (It's not. I love that you just decided that this was my argument and then explained yourself why it wasn't relevant. Maybe the fact that it didn't apply is why I never mentioned it in the first place...)
If you think someone didn't think something through enough to meet your standards, that's not a reason to contradict them by default - it's a reason to think it through yourself and come to your own conclusion on your own terms.
The fact that aDrive made a video about a leak is not a reason not to believe it - it's no less credible than it would have been if he ignored it or if you heard about it from someone else, and it is absolutely not "a fair and non-fallacious argument" to dismiss it for that reason. How is this much even a point of contention?
If you make this kind of argument often, no wonder people call you out on it all the time. The fact that you dismiss it so readily just tells me that you don't actually listen when they do.

As you point out, because of the rare true leaks everyone and their cousin posts fake text leaks to 4chan and any actual leaks get lost in the noise. Therefore, I can assert with high confidence that any given "leak" on 4chan is likely to be false; sure, one of them might turn out to be true and if I happen to look at it I might judge it to be potentially credible, but the problem is there are so many that I am not going to check every one of those posts/videos to judge whether they are believable or not.
This is fine. But it's not a reason to tell other people not to entertain them, either.
If your attitude is "there are too many leaks for me to look at every one that someone points out," you're totally free not to look at every one that someone points out! The problem is that you're now imposing this on everyone else - saying you think aDrive's standards are too low is not a good reason to tell someone else not to fact-check it and come to their own conclusion.
Yeah, just ignore the leak and move on if giving it a proper look isn't worth your time! But learn the difference between "not worth your time to verify" and "actually unreliable," because you're currently using that opinion of yours to dismiss the leak without fact-checking it or coming to your own conclusion, and you're implicitly dismissing everyone else as gullible if they put the slightest bit more effort into it.
Something blatantly obvious that you seem to be ignoring: aDrive is not the one who showed this leak to you - tim rocket is. aDrive's standards may be low, but this already passed through a second set of eyes before it even reached yours; this isn't a "post every leak aDrive acknowledges" thread, and the fact that this made it here anyway - and it was posted by someone who has no such incentive to post every leak they see for views and money - suggests that it's at least gone through a more rigorous filter than his own.

This is not an example of an ad hominem fallacy because the judgement is not that the rumor must be incorrect because so-and-so has reported on it, but that the odds of it being true, in the absence of additional information to suggest otherwise, are low
I want to reiterate that you're the only one here who is judging it based on aDrive without looking for additional information to confirm one way or the other.
Everyone but you has brought in their own evidence, done their own research and come to their own conclusion.
tim rocket has openly stated that they started with the same skepticism as you, but they cross-referenced with the existing confirmed list, personally verified it and even actively corrected aDrive on something he missed; those are not the actions of a blind follower who only cares because aDrive posted it. In other words, there is no absence of additional information backing up the leak, and they are not just taking aDrive's word for it.
Meanwhile, R_N found a legitimate and valid reason not to take this at face value... not because aDrive posted it but because they did the research, looked into the datamine and cross-referenced with that, proving that the prediction wasn't as wild or impressive as it seemed.
You act like you have such high, rigorous standards for a plausible leak, but you've actually exercised less independent thought than anyone on either side of this debate so far, and you somehow expect that to supersede what anyone else has to say about it. There's a massive difference between that and the healthy level of skepticism you seem to think you have.

All of that is why you shouldn't be arguing this based on your opinion of aDrive.
Some of your newer points are fine! Again, R_N has already given a much more compelling reason not to believe this (actually, I'm not as confident in it myself now that they rightly pointed out the dependence on known information), and your stock scam argument is actually relevant. And again, I really, truly don't care if you personally believe the leak or if it turns out to be true - I'm not at all trying to convince you of that.
But I do still believe that this specific point of yours is a superficial one and a bad one, and to be honest, I think you're only using it to make yourself look like the voice of reason without realizing that everyone here has done more research and exercised better judgment than this on their own.
Saying "YouTubers aren't credible sources" and "4chan has fake leaks, too" adds nothing to a discussion in which no one else is using YouTubers as sources and no one is believing it on the basis that it comes from 4chan. All it does is shut down conversation that could go in a more productive direction.
You say that you cut down your original post because you didn't want it to be long - and that, with the benefit of hindsight, you would have written more; I'm going to go a step further and say that your original post is exactly what you should have chosen to cut in the first place, while your subsequent contributions are the substance that would have been valuable up front.

Edit from a few hours later:

Every single time I post something like this, without fail, I start to hate myself for it, feel like a total jerk and wish I hadn't said anything as soon as I cool off.
You'd think I'd have learned to stop doing it by now...
I would like to make a serious, genuine apology for writing and posting this. There's absolutely no reason why I should have needed to drive this point further, and I can't think of any possible outcome of this post except to make RocketSurgery feel bad, which is unacceptable. I should have left it at what I said in my previous post and not kept pushing with an aggressive rant about why they were wrong.
I've left what I said here for posterity because I would feel dishonest if I made this apology without letting anyone know what I actually said, but please don't take it to heart - I should not have said any of it in the first place.
I am so sorry for getting so agitated and being so unkind about this.

Last edited:
Edit from a few hours later:

Every single time I post something like this, without fail, I start to hate myself for it, feel like a total jerk and wish I hadn't said anything as soon as I cool off.
You'd think I'd have learned to stop doing it by now...
I would like to make a serious, genuine apology for writing and posting this. There's absolutely no reason why I should have needed to drive this point further, and I can't think of any possible outcome of this post except to make RocketSurgery feel bad, which is unacceptable. I should have left it at what I said in my previous post and not kept pushing with an aggressive rant about why they were wrong.
I've left what I said here for posterity because I would feel dishonest if I made this apology without letting anyone know what I actually said, but please don't take it to heart - I should not have said any of it in the first place.
I am so sorry for getting so agitated and being so unkind about this.
Hey, no worries, don't be too hard on yourself. I'm not upset or offended, and I didn't mean to upset to upset or offend you either. As I said in my previous post, I agree that in my original post I should have engaged with tim rocket's assessment of the leak there instead of just mentioning my tangential gripe about aDrive's reporting of leaks. And as I tried to qualify in my reply to your previous post, the giant wall of text wasn't meant to be a diabtribe against you personally, but I know it's hard to infer someone's intended tone from giant walls of text so I understand why it could come off as personal and I'm sorry for getting under your skin. I just wanted to provide a counterargument to the general case about assessing reliability of leaks based on who's reporting them while conceding that the leak in question has reason enough to be considered, but trying to clearly address both issues in a single post was evidently rather unsuccessful. Sorry to both you and tim rocket for getting us far off on this tangent to tim's original point. :)

To steer us back towards actual Pokemon, I will say that I hope the list is wrong and that all the mythicals return (though if there were another dlc with the rest of the dex maybe the mythicals would be saved for that since all the legendaries are already returning in CT?). I do like the notion of the ultra beasts returning, so if the list were right I won't be disappointed about that!

Last edited:
Do any of you think older Pokemon are going to get some of their egg moves back in this update?

Like for example, Swirlix lost Belly Drum access because the only mon that could pass it was Marill, who was gone. But now Marill is coming back, so could Swirlix get Belly Drum back? (for the record, Marill has acess to mons to gove it Belly Drum in Poliwag)

Do any of you think older Pokemon are going to get some of their egg moves back in this update?

Like for example, Swirlix lost Belly Drum access because the only mon that could pass it was Marill, who was gone. But now Marill is coming back, so could Swirlix get Belly Drum back? (for the record, Marill has acess to mons to gove it Belly Drum in Poliwag)
Honestly a good question. My guess would be that it would be unlikely as GF has really limited learnsets this generation. You’ll have to settle on breeding it in another game and then transfering it over.

Honestly a good question. My guess would be that it would be unlikely as GF has really limited learnsets this generation. You’ll have to settle on breeding it in another game and then transfering it over.
Are there other examples of pokemon losing egg moves in Gen 8 that they had in Gen 7 outside of the Swirlix situation?

To be fair, considering we had confirmation of new *Yellow Pokeball* in the new Wild Area... those were TMs in SwSh (and gen 7 for what matters), which means there are new TMs coming.

It's possible several of those moves are just coming back as Tutor / TR / TM thus no need to add them back as Egg moves to the pokemon that lost them.

To be fair, considering we had confirmation of new *Yellow Pokeball* in the new Wild Area... those were TMs in SwSh (and gen 7 for what matters), which means there are new TMs coming.

It's possible several of those moves are just coming back as Tutor / TR / TM thus no need to add them back as Egg moves to the pokemon that lost them.
Or they've scattered TRs all around

It was always a huge missed opportunity that you only got...one? Was itone?? free TR in the entire game. An area you access as earl yas your first visit to the wild area that lets you actually get you know good moves, would be nice!

Or they've scattered TRs all around

It was always a huge missed opportunity that you only got...one? Was itone?? free TR in the entire game. An area you access as earl yas your first visit to the wild area that lets you actually get you know good moves, would be nice!
While I wouldn't mind if they made more "regularly" obtainable TR around, I don't think they'd make them yellow pokeballs: those has been reserved for permanent TMs (even in SwSh), and I see little reason to deviate from it in the expansion.

That said, I'd definitely not mind a "fixed" TR shop rather than the rotating ones we have now.

Is there a countdown for when the DLC drops? I am excited playing with some of my favorite Pokemon again which were unfairly deleted.

While I wouldn't mind if they made more "regularly" obtainable TR around, I don't think they'd make them yellow pokeballs: those has been reserved for permanent TMs (even in SwSh), and I see little reason to deviate from it in the expansion.

That said, I'd definitely not mind a "fixed" TR shop rather than the rotating ones we have now.
My biggest gripe with the current system is that sometimes two TR vendors will have the same TR for sale. If there were no chance of duplicates, I would mind the rotating TR system less.

Gen 6 & 7 had nothing else to fill that spot and SWSH put one (1) TR on a NPC that I'm convinced exists solely so Farfetch'd has an easier time evolving.
So I don't think it's entirely off the table

Remember how there were full record stores scattered around the world but none of them let you buy TRs? What was up with that.

Gen 6 & 7 had nothing else to fill that spot and SWSH put one (1) TR on a NPC that I'm convinced exists solely so Farfetch'd has an easier time evolving.
So I don't think it's entirely off the table

Remember how there were full record stores scattered around the world but none of them let you buy TRs? What was up with that.
Oh I think you misunderstood what I said: I don't say I don't think there could be more available TR around, I just think the yellow balls are not TRs but rather new TMs. If there's more available TR (very possible), they likely are given by NPCs or obtained by raids / vendors as before.

More TMs? Could that be a possibility? How many more TMs would they add? And this'll be the first time since Gen 6 that the TM list gets expanded beyond 100

More TMs? Could that be a possibility? How many more TMs would they add? And this'll be the first time since Gen 6 that the TM list gets expanded beyond 100
I mean, I don't label it as guaranteed, but I have a hard time thinking of the yellow pokeballs as anything else.
Making you go out of your way for single use TR feels wrong, and actual items so far have always been either red pokeball (in regular areas) or shiny dots (in wild area).
In fact, the TMs have been the only item in the Wild Area that isn't a shiny dot, and from what the previews said, the DLC is mostly one big wild area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)