SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Anyone have any theories regarding what (if any) starters we may see return in the expansions?

Looks like we have around 55 confirmed Pokemon so far for the first one. Each is said to bring over 100 Pokemon, new/old. So far outside of the few new Pokemon and Galarian Slowbro, the theme so far seems to be standard Pokemon you catch in Isle of Armor.

For Tundra, seems like a huge chunk of that over 100 Pokemon are legendary with some other regular Pokemon. I've been thinking we could very likely see some "special" Pokemon; those that cannot be caught in the wild normally, like starters. Otherwise the expansion will largely be "standard" Pokemon while the second one will largely be "special" Pokemon.

Doesn't matter much to me personally, but I would like to see some starters return. Just having fun thinking aloud about what types we will find ourselves getting in a few weeks.

Anyone have any theories regarding what (if any) starters we may see return in the expansions?

Looks like we have around 55 confirmed Pokemon so far for the first one. Each is said to bring over 100 Pokemon, new/old. So far outside of the few new Pokemon and Galarian Slowbro, the theme so far seems to be standard Pokemon you catch in Isle of Armor.

For Tundra, seems like a huge chunk of that over 100 Pokemon are legendary with some other regular Pokemon. I've been thinking we could very likely see some "special" Pokemon; those that cannot be caught in the wild normally, like starters. Otherwise the expansion will largely be "standard" Pokemon while the second one will largely be "special" Pokemon.

Doesn't matter much to me personally, but I would like to see some starters return. Just having fun thinking aloud about what types we will find ourselves getting in a few weeks.
The TM listings from HOME include new toys for a lot of Pokémon, including starters. However, the starters from Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos have nothing listed they could not learn in previous games. It is possible that a second HOME update will account for these three trios, but they are very unlikely to be part of Isle of Armor.

Kanto and Alola are in. Johto and Hoenn are fair game.

Body Press on Skarm also does this:
252+ Def Skarmory Body Press vs. 4 HP / 4 Def Magnezone: 180-212 (63.8 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Zone honestly just seems dead now. With Sturdy, Skarm can actually beat it with Body Press. And without HP Fire, Ferro can actually beat Zone with Body Press as well. Which is hilarious.

The only steel Zone could actually beat would be Corviknight.
I don't see this in a real scenario, but this is also theorymon and I hate it. Skarm won't be running heavy-duty boots and for this to happen Skarm should be using body press in the switch-in. Now, seeing as how teleport is so spammable when it comes to pivoting, passive mons in which skarmory already likes to set hazards, like clef, opens a door for a -6 priority u-turn into zone, which means skarm cannot body press back, or even if you do a hard switch, heck, then it all comes to 50/50. Skarm will never be at 100% hp because is major role is to defog shit unless you are using it as a suicide lead, and if that's the case, you are coming in SR (and probably some other minor hit), and you won't recover the next turn because if you choose to do so, only to regain sturdy, you are not fulfilling its role of keeping off hazards. Also, Zone is usually much more invested in speed that Skarm.

I can totally see the point with ferro tho, and I do think that a shed shell Skarm running body press is so aids for zone because of the risk of it using body press while in the past zone was a free ass switch into skarm, I just don't see the perfect scenario in which sturdy skarm is a reliable way of dealing with zone because I don't see that sturdy coming into play.

Body Press on Skarm also does this:
252+ Def Skarmory Body Press vs. 4 HP / 4 Def Magnezone: 180-212 (63.8 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Zone honestly just seems dead now. With Sturdy, Skarm can actually beat it with Body Press. And without HP Fire, Ferro can actually beat Zone with Body Press as well. Which is hilarious.

The only steel Zone could actually beat would be Corviknight.
Iron Defense + Sub + Tbolt + Body Press Magnezone with a physically defensive spread spread will break any of them. Also if Maggy switches in on Skarm's Body Press it doesn't matter if it takes 70%, because Skarmory is about to take 100%.

I was wondering, does anyone know what the release time might be? I'm hoping 00:00 UTC on June 17th, but I don't know if that's confirmed or not or what.

The US and Japan sites both say June 17th, so that implies between midnight and 11am EDT (US) and between 1pm and midnight JST. Have any DLC releases in the past been staggered across time zones the way full game releases have?

Strangely, I can't find an Australia release date anywhere, which would help narrow it down further.

Edit: Never mind:

Managed to dig up this unlisted video which is definitely the Australia version of the last trailer; it says June 17th too. So either it's an oddly timed release between midnight and 10am EDT (US) which would be 2pm - midnight AEST, or (more likely) they're releasing it at midnight in each time zone.

Last edited:
I suppose we can go off of when Home went active, or the games themselves. Anyone remember the times for those?
The games went available based on local midnight, Home went available almost completely unexpectedly in the middle of the day though.

Pokemon Home released at 1am UTC in all regions and Pokemon Masters released at midnight UTC in all regions, but we know these can't be the times for the Isle of Armor release because the US and Australia have the same calendar day as their release date. Either the release has to be somewhere between 4am - 2pm UTC, or it's getting a staggered release with time zones in the west getting it up to 14 hours later.

I want to go back to these moves and do some quick speculation.

Expanding Force: A strong psychic type move that may raise a stat.
Steel Roller: A strong steel type move that may raise speed.
Scale Shot: A bug type move very similar to Clanging scales.
Meteor Beam: A strong special rock move that lowers users def and sp.def
Misty Explosion: Self-destruct clone and sets up Misty terrain
Rising Voltage: A status electric move that raises speed and sp.atk
Terrain Pulse: Normal type special move that gets side affects in specific terrain.
Skitter Smack: Dragon type priority move or First Impression clone.
Lash Out: Dark type Outrage clone
Poltergeist: Physical ghost type move that does more damage if holder has an item.
Corrosive Gas: Freeze Dry clone but for steel types and 10% chance to poison.
Coaching: A status fighting type move that raises user or ally lowest stat by 3 stages.
Flip Turn: water type U-turn clone.
Triple Axel: A status ice type move with 60% chance or lower to succeed. It will raise all stats by one.
Dual Wingbeat: A flying type move that can be either physical or special. It hits twice.
Scorching Sands: A ground type scald.

Does anyone else think there will also be move tutors for older moves? If so, what moves do you hope become tutor moves?

I want to go back to these moves and do some quick speculation.

Expanding Force: A strong psychic type move that may raise a stat.
Steel Roller: A strong steel type move that may raise speed.
Scale Shot: A bug type move very similar to Clanging scales.
Meteor Beam: A strong special rock move that lowers users def and sp.def
Misty Explosion: Self-destruct clone and sets up Misty terrain
Rising Voltage: A status electric move that raises speed and sp.atk
Terrain Pulse: Normal type special move that gets side affects in specific terrain.
Skitter Smack: Dragon type priority move or First Impression clone.
Lash Out: Dark type Outrage clone
Poltergeist: Physical ghost type move that does more damage if holder has an item.
Corrosive Gas: Freeze Dry clone but for steel types and 10% chance to poison.
Coaching: A status fighting type move that raises user or ally lowest stat by 3 stages.
Flip Turn: water type U-turn clone.
Triple Axel: A status ice type move with 60% chance or lower to succeed. It will raise all stats by one.
Dual Wingbeat: A flying type move that can be either physical or special. It hits twice.
Scorching Sands: A ground type scald.

Does anyone else think there will also be move tutors for older moves? If so, what moves do you hope become tutor moves?
I'll start by saying I was overjoyed by the introduction of Technical Records. Moves like Body Slam had not seen widespread distribution since FRLG, and moves like Play Rough had been sorely missed by members of its type. TRs really do not leave much left to be desired. The only missing moves that come to mind are staples like Toxic and Roost that did not make the TR list. Or certain Alolan signature moves like Trop Kick and Dragon Hammer.

With that said, I'mma disagree on one of these speculations. Some bugs may have scales, as seen in the already-existing Silver Wind, but dragons do not skitter. I find it far more plausible that Scale Shot should be Dragon-type and Skitter Smack should be Bug-type.

Also, here's hoping Rising Voltage confers Magnet Rise status.

I'll start by saying I was overjoyed by the introduction of Technical Records. Moves like Body Slam had not seen widespread distribution since FRLG, and moves like Play Rough had been sorely missed by members of its type. TRs really do not leave much left to be desired. The only missing moves that come to mind are staples like Toxic and Roost that did not make the TR list. Or certain Alolan signature moves like Trop Kick and Dragon Hammer.

With that said, I'mma disagree on one of these speculations. Some bugs may have scales, as seen in the already-existing Silver Wind, but dragons do not skitter. I find it far more plausible that Scale Shot should be Dragon-type and Skitter Smack should be Bug-type.

"Skitter" as an action is not inherently excluding dragons
move lightly and quickly or hurriedly.
Is something that could easily apply to dragons and I've seen it described on assorted lizards.

Meanwhile the french name is Ravage Rampant. That seems very...dragon-y. The italian name appearntly refers to "slither". That's more in the reptile realm than bugs.

I imagine all the tutor moves from USUM that aren't TMs or TRs will be in the list, including stuff like Roost, Toxic, Flame Charge and the new moves

From the Home datamine, only the Johto and Hoenn starters got new moves, so chances are they're going to appear in the DLC. I bet they're both going to be in Isle of Armour. Here's what they get incase you don't know
:Meganium: Pollen Puff, Solar Blade
:Typhlosion: Mystical Fire
:Feraligatr: Breaking Swipe, Brutal Swing, Mud Shot, Muddy Water, Psychic Fangs, Swift
:Sceptile: Breaking Swipe, Cross Poison, Dragon Dance, Solar Blade
:Blaziken: Assurance, Aura Sphere, Close Combat, Heat Crash, Revenge, U-turn
:Swampert: Body Press, Bulk Up, Darkest Lariat, High Horsepower, Liquidation, Sand Tomb, Swift

"Skitter" as an action is not inherently excluding dragons

Is something that could easily apply to dragons and I've seen it described on assorted lizards.

Meanwhile the french name is Ravage Rampant. That seems very...dragon-y. The italian name appearntly refers to "slither". That's more in the reptile realm than bugs.
If we're going to be pedantic to the point of wheeling in dictionary definitions, there is one catch: "skitter" is onomatopoeic. According to the Cambridge Dictionary, it connotes the light and rapid movement of a small animal, specifically an insect.

Considering how heavy-handed English names have been lately (see Fishious Rend), I am inclined to accept the English usage of "skitter" as a reflection of the Bug-type over the more ambiguous Italian, which incidentally uses the same word for "shot" and "smack" in this list.

If we're going to be pedantic to the point of wheeling in dictionary definitions, there is one catch: "skitter" is onomatopoeic. According to the Cambridge Dictionary, it connotes the light and rapid movement of a small animal, specifically an insect.

Considering how heavy-handed English names have been lately (see Fishious Rend), I am inclined to accept the English usage of "skitter" as a reflection of the Bug-type over the more ambiguous Italian, which incidentally uses the same word for "shot" and "smack" in this list.
Honestly the thing that made it click for me was, of all things, seeing "skitter" used for large lizards in a webcomic I follow
Then I remembered other similar terms used for all sorts of lizards large & small

My thoughts on the localization logic is, on the assumption its a dragon: the name is meant to convey a quick motion ramming into something -> it's dragon -> dragons are like lizards -> lizards would skitter -> Skitter Smack

Meanwhile Scale Shot just....like I get it, right? Dragons have scales. We have a dragon whose entire gimmick is scales! But "scale shot" feels more at home with bugs, to me, because butterfly scales are used as justification for the assorted powder moves and silver wind as well as abilities like Shield Dust (scales = dust) and Ice Scales. I more easily see a bug firing off their scales in an offensive manner in this series than Dragons (where is our bug/dragon who can take this concept to its fullest??).

From the Home datamine, only the Johto and Hoenn starters got new moves, so chances are they're going to appear in the DLC. I bet they're both going to be in Isle of Armour. Here's what they get incase you don't know
I'd point that this doesn't mean anything.
Several pokemon revealed for Crown Tundra had updated moveset, and there been several already available Pokemon that didn't get any new move.
Also press F for Lando-T who didn't get any new moves but will still demolish VGC because Lando-T

Also remember that the datamine from Home is only the TM/TR movesets: there's no tutor, egg or levelup data update in there, and those may as well been updated for some of the pokemon.

Last edited:
I'd point that this doesn't mean anything.
Several pokemon revealed for Crown Tundra had updated moveset, and there been several already available Pokemon that didn't get any new move.
Also press F for Lando-T who didn't get any new moves but will still demolish VGC because Lando-T

Also remember that the datamine from Home is only the TM/TR movesets: there's no tutor, egg or levelup data update in there, and those may as well been updated for some of the pokemon.
Landorus actually did get new moves, but they're not super game changing

I hada list from a while ago, I think these are the only Pokemon that had no actual changes to their TM/TR moveset (just about every pokemon got Swift & Endure added),
Gen 1: 5 (Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot, Paras, Parasect)
Gen 2: 6 (Unown, Teddiursa, Ursaring, Smeargle, Stantler)
Gen 3: 16 (Plusle, Minun, Gulpin, Swalot, Spinda, Cacnea, Cacturne, Zangoose, Castform, Kecleon, Tropius, Chimecho, Clamperl, Huntail, Gorebyss, Luvdisc)
Gen 4: 35 (Turtwig, Grotle, Torterra, Chimchar, Monferno, Infernape, Piplup, Prinplup, Empoleon, Starly, Staravia, Staraptor, Bidoof, Bibarel, Kricketot, Kricketune, Cranidos, Rampardos, Shieldon, Bastiodon, Pachirisu, Buizel, Floatzel, Glameow, Purugly, Chingling, Carnivine, Finneon, Lumineon, Phione, Manaphy, Shaymin, Arceus)
Gen 5: 33 (Snivy, Servine, Serperior, Tepig, Pignite, Emboar, Oshawott, Dewott, Samurott, Patrat, Watchog, Lillipup, Herdier, Stoutland, Pansage, Simisage, Pansear, Simisear, Panpour, Simipour, Blitzle, Zebstrika, Sewaddle, Swadloon, Leavanny, Ducklett, Swanna, Deerling, Sawsbuck, Alomomola, Tynamo, Eelektrik, Eelektross)
Gen 6: 23 (Chespin, Quilladin, Chesnaught, Fennekin, Braixen, Delphox, Froakie, Frogadier, Greninja, Scatterbug, Spewpa, Vivillon, Flabebe, Floette, Florges, Skiddo, Gogoat, Furfrou, Skrelp, Dragalge, Clauncher, Clawitzer, Hoopa)
Gen 7: 10 (Pikipek, Trumbeak, Toucannon, Yungoos, Gumshoos, Crabrawler, Crabominable, Oricorio, Minior, Bruxish)

not that Unown & Smeargle really mean anything....kind of dont get TMs anyway, and all.

Last edited:
I hada list from a while ago, I think these are the only Pokemon that had no actual changes to their TM/TR moveset (just about every pokemon got Swift & Endure added),
Gen 1: 5 (Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot, Paras, Parasect)
Gen 2: 6 (Unown, Teddiursa, Ursaring, Smeargle, Aipom, Stantler)
Gen 3: 16 (Plusle, Minun, Gulpin, Swalot, Spinda, Cacnea, Cacturne, Zangoose, Castform, Kecleon, Tropius, Chimecho, Clamperl, Huntail, Gorebyss, Luvdisc)
Gen 4: 35 (Turtwig, Grotle, Torterra, Chimchar, Monferno, Infernape, Piplup, Prinplup, Empoleon, Starly, Staravia, Staraptor, Bidoof, Bibarel, Kricketot, Kricketune, Cranidos, Rampardos, Shieldon, Bastiodon, Pachirisu, Buizel, Floatzel, Ambipom, Glameow, Purugly, Chingling, Carnivine, Finneon, Lumineon, Phione, Manaphy, Shaymin, Arceus)
Gen 5: 33 (Snivy, Servine, Serperior, Tepig, Pignite, Emboar, Oshawott, Dewott, Samurott, Patrat, Watchog, Lillipup, Herdier, Stoutland, Pansage, Simisage, Pansear, Simisear, Panpour, Simipour, Blitzle, Zebstrika, Sewaddle, Swadloon, Leavanny, Ducklett, Swanna, Deerling, Sawsbuck, Alomomola, Tynamo, Eelektrik, Eelektross)
Gen 6: 23 (Chespin, Quilladin, Chesnaught, Fennekin, Braixen, Delphox, Froakie, Frogadier, Greninja, Scatterbug, Spewpa, Vivillon, Flabebe, Floette, Florges, Skiddo, Gogoat, Furfrou, Skrelp, Dragalge, Clauncher, Clawitzer, Hoopa)
Gen 7: 10 (Pikipek, Trumbeak, Toucannon, Yungoos, Gumshoos, Crabrawler, Crabominable, Oricorio, Minior, Bruxish)

not that Unown & Smeargle really mean anything....kind of dont get TMs anyway, and all.
Ambipom actually did get new moves

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)