[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Are you crazy? It'll populate a hacked Pokemon population!
On a more serious note...
OT doesn't appear on pokecheck, sadly there's not much that can be done for hack checking Unova bred/caught mons in 6th gen ATM.
OK :/

Also, I just got this Rayquaza off the GTS.
OT: ED ID: 26307
Shiny
Adamant
x/31/x/x/x/31
Likes to Thrash about
Master Ball

Hack? Or not? It had outstanding potential, oddly.

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Are you crazy? It'll populate a hacked Pokemon population!
On a more serious note...

OK :/

Also, I just got this Rayquaza off the GTS.
OT: ED ID: 26307
Shiny
Adamant
x/31/x/x/x/31
Likes to Thrash about
Master Ball

Hack? Or not? It had outstanding potential, oddly.
You mean this? https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=7315451

I'd say it is clearly hacked without a doubt, but i'd wait until a more professional hand can confirm it.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Heh, I'm terrible at Pokecheck.
It appears to be from Emerald, so that would probably been a soft reset. Even if he was using a synchronizer, that IV spread is simply too good.
Synchronize doesn't work on stationary Pokemon in Emerald.

I have a shiny scizor and I don't know if it's hacked or not. Could someone help me?
Dex no. 212 HP 344
Name Scizor Att 336
Type Bug Steel Def 236
OT Cupcake SpAt 131
ID No 478542 SpDe 250
Exp. Points 1,000,000 Spe 166
To Next lvl 0 Ability Technician
Lvl 100 / Adamant Nature / Traveled from Unoca / Takes Plenty of Siestas
6iv
i ev trained him but don't remember evs exactly. i think it was 252hp/212spdef/44att

Agonist

I have a shiny scizor and I don't know if it's hacked or not. Could someone help me?
Dex no. 212 HP 344
Name Scizor Att 336
Type Bug Steel Def 236
OT Cupcake SpAt 131
ID No 478542 SpDe 250
Exp. Points 1,000,000 Spe 166
To Next lvl 0 Ability Technician
Lvl 100 / Adamant Nature / Traveled from Unoca / Takes Plenty of Siestas
6iv
i ev trained him but don't remember evs exactly. i think it was 252hp/212spdef/44att
Most likely hacked.

I got 3 Perfect Shinies from a kid at a tournament on Saturday, and I am curious if they were hacked or not.
Shiny
IV's: 31/31/31/31/31/31
OT: Smogons
ID No.: 42519
Came from Unova

Shiny
OT: CHIPS
ID No.: 55915
Came from Unova

Shiny
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
OT: P.Star
ID No.: 59171
Came from Unova

The kid had a lot of shinies, but he claimed that he bred / traded for all of them. He had about 2 full PC boxes of perfect shinies and maybe 1 full of non competitive shinies. Could someone tell me if they were hacked?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I got 3 Perfect Shinies from a kid at a tournament on Saturday, and I am curious if they were hacked or not.
Shiny
OT: Smogons
ID No.: 42519
Came from Unova

Shiny
OT: CHIPS
ID No.: 55915
Came from Unova

Shiny
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
OT: P.Star
ID No.: 59171
Came from Unova

The kid had a lot of shinies, but he claimed that he bred / traded for all of them. He had about 2 full PC boxes of perfect shinies and maybe 1 full of non competitive shinies. Could someone tell me if they were hacked?
All hacked, and from Pokécheck.

All hacked, and from Pokécheck.
Thanks, I thought they were but I just hoped they weren't. Am I allowed to use them as breeding stock for pokemon that are legal in VGC 2014 and a smogon metagame or is that illegal too?

Last edited:
So people have been jumping on the apricorn balls bandwagons, i have a few question to ask :
In Gen 6, there is a possible of getting HA in hordes : http://www.serebii.net/xy/hordes.shtml

but is it possible to get HA in a normal encounter ? Because i saw someone with a HA (rain dish) tentacool in a dive ball and i'm just curious .

So people have been jumping on the apricorn balls bandwagons, i have a few question to ask :
In Gen 6, there is a possible of getting HA in hordes : http://www.serebii.net/xy/hordes.shtml

but is it possible to get HA in a normal encounter ? Because i saw someone with a HA (rain dish) tentacool in a dive ball and i'm just curious .
Pretty sure you can only get them in hordes and in friend safaris. But you can buy dive balls in x and y :p. The only balls not possible with HA are the apricorn balls and the sports ball I believe. These apricorn balls are the level ball, heavy ball, friend ball, fast ball, moon ball, love ball, and the lure ball. You see any poke with its HA or a gen 5 poke in one of these pokeballs, then it is 100% a hack, as HA weren't possible until 5th gen, and ability capsules cannot turn a regular ability into a HA :]

Last edited:
Pretty sure you can only get them in hordes and in friend safaris (hordes in this case.) But that doesn't matter in this case, as you can buy dive balls in x and y :p. the only balls not possible with HA are the apricorn balls I believe.
tentacool is not in hordes, yet someone has it as HA in a dive ball
Just check it out
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/335.shtml zangoose :
Hidden Ability(Available):
Toxic Boost: Attack stat increased by 50% when Poisoned

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/072.shtml tentacool :
Hidden Ability(Available through transfer):
Rain Dish: If Heavy Rain weather is in effect, recovers 1/16th max Hit Points at the end of the turn.

tentacool is not in hordes, yet someone has it as HA in a dive ball
Just check it out
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/335.shtml zangoose :
Hidden Ability(Available):
Toxic Boost: Attack stat increased by 50% when Poisoned

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/072.shtml tentacool :
Hidden Ability(Available through transfer):
Rain Dish: If Heavy Rain weather is in effect, recovers 1/16th max Hit Points at the end of the turn.
They could have caught it in Gen 5 with it's HA in a Dive Ball. You didn't HAVE to use a Dream Ball when capturing mons in the Entralink. Then you just transfer it through to Gen 6 and bam, HA tentacool's in Dive Balls.

They could have caught it in Gen 5 with it's HA in a Dive Ball. You didn't HAVE to use a Dream Ball when capturing mons in the Entralink. Then you just transfer it through to Gen 6 and bam, HA tentacool's in Dive Balls.
oh i thought gen 5's DW only obtainable through Entralink :) . That makes more sense now

oh i thought gen 5's DW only obtainable through Entralink :) . That makes more sense now
I also think it's possible to get tentacool with HA in XY if you do a lot of fish chains :) The higher the chain, the higher possibility that it gets the HA :) Correct me if I'm wrong though :)

Agonist

I also think it's possible to get tentacool with HA in XY if you do a lot of fish chains :) The higher the chain, the higher possibility that it gets the HA :) Correct me if I'm wrong though :)
You're wrong.

hi may I know if this deoxys is legal?

Name: Deoxys
OT: Akira
ID: 11465
IVs: 31/31/31/31/30/31
Hasty Nature
Caught in Hoenn
Takes plenty of siestas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)