[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

Well that sucks
Meh, I just trained it in its relevant stats so I can use it in the Battle Spot ^_^
Thanks for the help mind!
(At least I hope you were talking about mine, unless there was a post that was deleted)
Either way it's much appreciated! ^_^

So... um... why'd you bother posting if you already knew it was a hack?
Lol'd xD

For the sake of making this post meaningful:

Even if you didn't know the mew is hacked, I can confirm that it is 100% hacked. For one, it has been forced shiny, and non-Japanese shiny mews don't even make it through bank.

Last edited:

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
and non-Japanese shiny mews don't even make it through bank.
Just tested this using an English shiny Mew from my Emerald cart (used a GS warp code several years back and caught the lowest shiny frame out of boredom), and it went through bank just fine.

Iirc, it was also possible for those MYSTRY Mews from that old 2006 event to be shiny.

Iirc, it was also possible for those MYSTRY Mews from that old 2006 event to be shiny.
Nope, someone (Sabresite iirc) got a dump of the distro rom and confirmed that it could never be shiny (and also figured out all the possible IVs/PIDs they could have).

Reactions: Xen
IS it possible to check if pokemon where hatched with hacked parents? I have a few pokemon from an user who is banned now for using hacked parents.

is there any way to check if thats the case with the pokes I got from him?

because if it isnt il just release them to be sure:(

IS it possible to check if pokemon where hatched with hacked parents? I have a few pokemon from an user who is banned now for using hacked parents.

is there any way to check if thats the case with the pokes I got from him?

because if it isnt il just release them to be sure:(
Unless they have illegal ball/ability combinations, or it's a pokemon that can't be that ball at all, there isn't another way of knowing that I know of. Only the user would know :(.

Unless they have illegal ball/ability combinations, or it's a pokemon that can't be that ball at all, there isn't another way of knowing that I know of. Only the user would know :(.
damn that sucks I used his praents for some breeding projects but since those parents might have not been legal it was all for nothing it took me many hours damn:(

total hack or just improper clone? i'm not well-acquainted with 5th gen, dream world, or RNG at all, but i think all DW RNG pokes have to be in dream balls?

Language: SPA
Species: Ditto
OT: Lalo
ID No.: 21937
IVs: 30/30/30/30/30/30
EVs (optional): 252 HP/252 SAttk/4 Spd
Ability: Imposter
Pokemon's name: Ditto
Level: 100
Pokeball: Master Ball
Shiny?: No
Moves: Transform
Nature: Modest
Region of origin: Unova
Characteristic: Strong willed
Ribbons: Premier Ribbon
Other comments (optional): Pink smiley face mark (i think it's the "used to have pokerus" indicator?)

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
total hack or just improper clone? i'm not well-acquainted with 5th gen, dream world, or RNG at all, but i think all DW RNG pokes have to be in dream balls?

Language: SPA
Species: Ditto
OT: Lalo
ID No.: 21937
IVs: 30/30/30/30/30/30
EVs (optional): 252 HP/252 SAttk/4 Spd
Ability: Imposter
Pokemon's name: Ditto
Level: 100
Pokeball: Master Ball
Shiny?: No
Moves: Transform
Nature: Modest
Region of origin: Unova
Characteristic: Strong willed
Ribbons: Premier Ribbon
Other comments (optional): Pink smiley face mark (i think it's the "used to have pokerus" indicator?)
Ditto can appear in Hidden Grotto. It's a legally possible Pokemon that's most likely been downloaded off Pokecheck. Of course, someone with more expertise than me will probably know if the OT is a hacker or something.

Ditto can appear in Hidden Grotto. It's a legally possible Pokemon that's most likely been downloaded off Pokecheck. Of course, someone with more expertise than me will probably know if the OT is a hacker or something.
i think i was confusing the entralink with the dream radar (so many names i've never had to know lol), so the master ball looks legit to me now... but it still has a premier ribbon, so it's still illegal, right? because someone messed up cloning it?

EnGarde

Not Dead Yet
Hi, I was looking at a person's offerings for trade, and among them, I saw an offer for chikorita in a nest ball. Now, I thought all but gen 1 and gen 6 starter females could only be available in pokeballs, but lo and behold! It isn't on the pokeball only list on the OP.

So, my question is, where is it possible to get chikorita in a nest ball?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I was looking at a person's offerings for trade, and among them, I saw an offer for chikorita in a nest ball. Now, I thought all but gen 1 and gen 6 starter females could only be available in pokeballs, but lo and behold! It isn't on the pokeball only list on the OP.

Pokémon Colosseum.

Pokemon Coloseum was the game to get it from iirc

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

It is on the list - under 3 Gen Available Pokeballs only:

These Pokémon can only be captured by the following balls: Poké, Great, Ultra, Premier, Repeat, Timer, Nest, Net, Dive, Luxury

Chikorita
Cyndaquil
Totodile

Edit: Actually, I see how that wording can cause confusion I guess. So my response will be - Hozu is a butt.

Last edited:
Language:USA
Species:Pinsir
OT:Ash
ID No.:04152
IVs:31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs (optional):None
Ability:Mold Breaker
Pokemon's name:Pinsir
Level:100
Pokeball:Regular
Shiny?:Yes
Moves:Quick Attack,Swords Dance,Super Power and Seismic Toss
Nature:Adamant
Region of origin:Unova
Characteristic:Alert to sounds
Ribbons:None
Other comments (optional):Is this pokemon Hacked ?? ?

Language:USA
Species:Pinsir
OT:Ash
ID No.:04152
IVs:31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs (optional):None
Ability:Mold Breaker
Pokemon's name:Pinsir
Level:100
Pokeball:Regular
Shiny?:Yes
Moves:Quick Attack,Swords Dance,Super Power and Seismic Toss
Nature:Adamant
Region of origin:Unova
Characteristic:Alert to sounds
Ribbons:None
Other comments (optional):Is this pokemon Hacked ?? ?
I'm no expert, but it looks hacked. Between the 6IVs, the Ash OT and it being from Unova. (And it having no EVs at level 100, but that may be Reset Bagged..)
Again, I'm no expert, but it's definitely suspicious ^_^
Edit: I before E 'cept after c (Totes had IVs instead of EVs XD)

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm no expert, but it looks hacked. Between the 6IVs, the Ash OT and it being from Unova. (And it having no EVs at level 100, but that may be Reset Bagged..)
Again, I'm no expert, but it's definitely suspicious ^_^
Edit: I before E 'cept after c (Totes had IVs instead of EVs XD)
So, I really need you to stop assuming every 6IV Pokemon is "hacked" from a previous gen, that is not a guideline to go by unless it's a specific spread from Gen 4 or Gen 3 with a specific nature.

Edit: Anywho, it's legal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)