ORAS OU Sanji's All Blue (Peaked 1914 #14 on ladder)

Igniizard

formerly denger

Magnificent art done by Xboy

INTRODUCTION

Hello guys, it's Hello Gardevoir here with my 3rd RMT , this one features a team I made during OLT season last year ,I wanted to do an RMT on this for a while but never have for some reason or another. This team has served me well for a long time so I decided to RMT it. It is a balanced offense team which punches holes through teams with Garchomp ,Metagross and Latios and Thundurus while having a solid backbone in Suicune+Clefable core which can be hard to break down. Without further ado,let's get into the team thought process.

Wanted to build a team around Crocune ,which I think a lot of teams in the ladder are unprepared for and they get fully punished for it.

Wanted something that can check stuff like Thundurus and Serperior and TG Manaphy which annoy Suicune so went with Unaware Clefable as the 2nd member.

Needed a stealth rocker that can keep up offensive pressure and also something that can break balance if played right, so went with SD Garchomp as my rocker.

Team was weak to CM Keldeo and since clef can be pressure by burn and Suicune pretty much being setup fodder for it, I went to perhaps what is the best offensive check anyone can have in a team,Latios which is also my form of hazard control.

Next up is Metagross , this is my primary check to fairies and my mega of my team. A really good Pokemon it has been since its release and I love using this thing since it can check so many of the meta so easily and also hits very very hard.

I noticed that my team was sorta slow so I came up with Thundurus which can spread paralysis and keep up offensive momentum. Killing 2 birds with one stone and making life a lot easier for me.

TEAM INTRODUCTION

With the thought process out of the way now we can focus on the team itself.

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Claw

- Earthquake

Garchomp is the stealth rocker of this team and also its primary answer for balanced builds which it strives against. Stealth rock is mandatory on every team and this is no exception , SD is their to break balance along with dual stab in Dragon Claw and Earthquake,Outrage gives free switch in to Azumarill which I have 0 switch ins for, so had to go with Dragon Claw here. This pokemon is also my lead vs a lot of teams. EV spread along with jolly nature takes advantage of Garchomp's 102 speed which outspeeds crowded 100 speed tier which includes huge threats like Gardevoir ,Medicham , Charizards etc.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Standard Crodune here , provdes balance and sweeps unprepared teams rather easily. Spread focus on Max physical defense and HP which makes it hard to break down , Scald for spreading burns and stab. Calm mind boosts its special attack and its uninvested special defensive stat which makes this thing a force to be reckoned with.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Standard Mega Metagross which dual stab Meteor Mash and Zen headbutt along with Earthquake and Ice Punch for coverage. Spread focuses on Metagross' excellent speed stat alongside great power to dismantle offensive teams. Metagross outspeeds upto base 108 stuff like Keldeo , Terrakion which is really important , also my main check to fairies and this is the only mega I think was fir for this team.

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Superpower
- Knock Off

- Wild Charge

Thundurus is my revenge killer for water types like Manaphy and Azumarill , also my speed control for this team since it is quite slow. I went with a full on Physical set which always 2hokes Clefable which I find annoying to switch into. Clef always switches in on this thing just to get 2hoked. Knock off is for Lati twins and other Psychic types and also gets rid of items which is always handy. Superpower is to get past steels like Ferrorthorn and Heatran. Thunder Wave is for speed control.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fighting] / [Fire]
- Defog

Latios is my main Keldeo switch in , it others are either setup on or easily 2hkoed by variants. Dual Stab in Draco which for nuking stuff , Psyshock reliable stab that does solid damage, Defog to get rid of hazards and HP Fighting to lure and kill Bisharp and weakened T-tars that are not scarfed. EV Spread is standard making full use of its good speed tier and power. HP Fire is also an option which makes dealing with Ferro easier.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Flamethrower

Clefable is only member which isn't blue haha and is also the primary glue of this team, checking things like Serp , Latis , Fighting types , Thundurus , TG Manaphy which isabsolute crucial for this team to function. EV Spread is standard which allows it to avoid 2hko from Latis and Thundy and punish them accordingly , Calm Mind there to boost stat , Moonblast does solid damage , Flamethrower over Thunder Wave cause Excadrill is a huge huge problem for this team under sand. Moonlight is a mid ground healing option which gives me a free slot which Wish+Protect would not.

That's the team for you folks !

No switch in for this thing , really a pain in the ass to deal with. 50/50 with Suicune and Metagross as switch ins which is not a good thing at all.

This thing is annoying to deal with thanks to its insane power and constant faking out, when this thing comes out on suicune or a weakened mon of mine I pretty much have to sack something since nothing on my team is bulky enough to survive a 2hko.

Suicune is a soft check which takes over 40% from Adamant Life Orb and Scald does not OHKO , so I have to hope for the burn and hope he's not SD and rest.

This thing is also really annoying , I have to break it down with Clef + Burn from Suicine or SD chomp, this is where HP Fire comes in handy on Latios.

(NO IMAGE FOUND SORRY)

Volcanion is also something I have to play around has Suicune can beat it 1v1 but switching into suicune means I lose all offensive Momentum vs it and have to try to setup regardless of the situation of the game

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Flamethrower

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Defog

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Wild Charge

That concludes this RMT , I hope you guys enjoyed reading it, any constructive criticism and advice is appreciated, thank you !

Last edited:
Solid team you got there. For your Clefable description, you listed mostly pokemon using special attacks so maybe you could use a fully special defensive spread over your current one. You have two other fighting resists and Mega Metagross to take Latios' Psyshock.
252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 248 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 175-207 (44.5 - 52.6%)
252 SpA Life Orb Serperior Leaf Storm vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Clefable: 148-175 (37.6 - 44.5%)

ezgif-244323818.gif

BTW i'm starting a banner thread! (Not really)
Anyways, this is a really nice team. Mainly, I think you should run quagsire over clefable. But that point has already been made, and I also don't wan't this post to be deleted because i'm pretty proud of that gif. I think you should run defensive garchomp, because you have decent defensive coverage against things that beat it. It keeps stealth rock and can phase set up mons that can potentially sweep your team. That's all. Good luck peaking in the future! <3

First of all, I'm a huge fan of One Piece, so I instantly feel in love with your team. It looks solid and it references the title as promised (lol).
However, here are my 2 cents:

1) Poison Jab Weavile greatly threatens your team, it may not be quite as common as the low kicking variant, but it's certainly a note worthy threat to consider taking precautions over.

Here's my solution:
Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm / Ice Punch / Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

Bullet Punch is extremely important on Mega Metagross. You team lacks any form of offensive priority and weavile hurts your team pretty badly (especially if Clefable's been weakened, Clefable is 2HKO'd by Weaviles Poison Jab). Thanks to Bullet Punch you'll now be able to potentially KO faster and more fragile threats such as Mega Alakazam, Mega Diancie (it would normally be a speed tie), Gengar (another speed tie). In short, adding Bullet Punch would give your team a great revenge killer i.e. your Pokemon are strong and all dish out a lot of damage, so there's bound to be a few weakened Pokemon running about during battles, and that's where bullet Punch comes in. Sometimes weakened Pokemon can make all the difference to a match.

2) As for the Volcanion sprite ~ http://lmgtfy.com/?q=volcanion sprite serebii

Volcanion maybe a annoying, but you have 2 counters and a wall for it, so it's hardly a real threat. You have Thunderus's Wild Charge to KO it via a super effective hit, Latios to 2HKO it or Suicune to set up and rest on it. I mean sure, assuming it gets a burn then the Solar Beam variant would be a threat. But from what I've seen and noticed, Volcanion rarely carries Solar Beam (it's other coverage are far more useful).

Note: At first glance, Quagsire would appear to be an alternative over Clefable, but that comes at the cost of your teams effectiveness (which I'm sure you know isn't worth it). I also considered a more defensive Garchomp set, however the offensive variant is ideal to break through stall (this is even more ideal with Outrage but that move is a b**** sometimes). Point is, Quagsire's a terrible idea and offensive Garchomp would be preferred because without it, your team would become more [or less] defensive and would struggle against stall teams. If you're going to use a defensive Garchomp, then I suggest running a mixed Thunderus (with Grass Knot) to stall break as water and ground types are the basic foundation to stall thanks to their typing and abilities.

PS: Hope this helps and I wish team Sanji the very best in finding their all blue ;)

Last edited:
What's up man. I think this team is pretty cool but also weird because your incorporating a defensive backbone into a mono blue offense team. I don't think this is a bad idea however since mono blue archetypes have a terrible match up vs stall/bulky teams so cune/clef eases that immensely.

Unaware clef also seems a bit weird here but I feel it helps you avoid losing to things like nasty plot thundurus, reuniclus, and even something random like an sd salac chomp.

The only change I recommend is to change your current thundurus set to a mixed attacking one:

Thundurus @ Life Orb
EVs: 68 Atk / 188 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Thunder Wave

The reason for this is to increase thundurus' longevity as keeping him around to break bulky waters and twave things is invaluable. Wild charge just helps your thundurus die faster. Here are some calcs:

68 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 144-170 (22.4 - 26.4%) -- 19.2% chance to 4HKO
After knocking off the eviolite:
68 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Superpower vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Chansey: 530-627 (82.5 - 97.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

With eviolite:
68 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Superpower vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 356-421 (55.4 - 65.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 68 Atk Life Orb Thundurus Superpower vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 237-281 (36.9 - 43.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

So you see, there's really no downside to changing your thundy set to this since you're still able to threaten chansey, bulky waters, and maintain your longevity.

Hope I helped!

I don't have much to add. I really think your team is effective. I've noticed that it struggles with Gastrodon and Quagsire, and ice stab on M-Metagross alone doesn't cut it, so I put the two together and gave Suicune Ice Beam over Sleep Talk.

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
I don't have much to add. I really think your team is effective. I've noticed that it struggles with Gastrodon and Quagsire, and ice stab on M-Metagross alone doesn't cut it, so I put the two together and gave Suicune Ice Beam over Sleep Talk.
The team looks great,but I think it is hard to defeat water-ground type pokemons.
Just give MegaGross grass knot, don't see what the point of ice beam is as Gastrodon isn't common and Quag runs unaware regardless lol

Success speaks for itself so grats on peak, even tho I'm late. Tried the team out and I would def go with HP Fire on Lati as Mega Zor is a problem after Chomp goes down. I would change Thundy to mixed with Tbolt as aforementioned and also use 21 IV with Sassy on Clef just so Ferro doesn't 2ohko even tho you have Flamethrower. You prob don't even check this but thought I might leave some feedback as I replied regardless

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)