SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Anyone know if Eviolite is “fixed” this gen? fixed as in works with Meltan and Body Press. Confuses the hell out of me still that Body Press works with Choice Band and not Eviolite.
I'm pretty sure Body Press using attack passives and defense stages is intentional but i'm not game freak. as for meltan, he's not in the game to check if he has actual evolution entries this time (which is why it didn't work last time)

Honestly shout outs to that fake leak for its inventiveness compared to the clunky descriptor official names. I will forever call Brute Bonnett “Ungaboonguss” because it’s a downright inspired name.
I've seen a few people come up with this or something close to it and it truly is perfect. Also shout out to "Cro-Magneton"

So, something about Supreme Overlord that I haven't seen mentioned: 10% per fainted teammate is way too weak to use in any of the official formats. You can't get more than a 20% boost out of that in Battle Spot Singles, and getting the full 30% from having three dead friends in VGC means diddly squat since it's guaranteed to be getting double-targeted. Granted, it's possible that Supreme Overlord could be a 10% boost with the understanding that nothing will top Defiant for the official metagames, but that seems less practical than having a 20% or a 25% stacking boost so the funny comeback Ability can actually get a spotlight in official play. So what if the higher boost is stupid cracked in 6v6 Singles? Game Freak has made it pretty obvious that that's not their problem.

So, something about Supreme Overlord that I haven't seen mentioned: 10% per fainted teammate is way too weak to use in any of the official formats. You can't get more than a 20% boost out of that in Battle Spot Singles, and getting the full 30% from having three dead friends in VGC means diddly squat since it's guaranteed to be getting double-targeted. Granted, it's possible that Supreme Overlord could be a 10% boost with the understanding that nothing will top Defiant for the official metagames, but that seems less practical than having a 20% or a 25% stacking boost so the funny comeback Ability can actually get a spotlight in official play. So what if the higher boost is stupid cracked in 6v6 Singles? Game Freak has made it pretty obvious that that's not their problem.
Has it even been confirmed that its by 10%? I dont remember seeing anyone putting in the math, let alone catching one.

You know what, you may be a fucking genius. Obvious as it is, I haven't think about this and I don't think anyone but you has thought of this. Game Freak doesn't care about 6v6 singles, that's not an official format, so it makes more sense for it to be regulated to either VGC or battle spot singles, so it makes sense for it to be a 20% boost per fainted member, which is cracked af in 6v6, but who cares, definitely not GF nor me.

Has it even been confirmed that its by 10%? I dont remember seeing anyone putting in the math, let alone catching one.
No, but since we've been speculating with it's potential in a 6v6 singles scenario, it couldn't be more than 10%. Now, applying this new logic...

No it would still be busted in VGC to have a 60% offensive boost. A 30% boost is pretty fair for VGC, especially if it can “work with” the revival move. Where if you revive a Pokemon and that Pokemon faints, it will get a double boost for a potential 70% boost.

So everyone's favorite bird has a name. Squawkabilly. Apparently there are multiple forms with multiple abilities. Anyone know what the forms are called? Are they just different colors? One gets Sheer Force.

View attachment 464593
method: tera bug the bug type, hit a wild mon with stab bug bite. catch it, see how much damage it did and what the def stat is. put it into damage calc and see what bp makes the damage make sense. repeat as needed to get more damage rolls. ended up seeing damage ranges of 84-103 bp and 66-83 bp which is clearly impossible, but indicates that there was some rounding shenanigans going on (and that the bp was around low 80s). all of the damage rolls worked with 60 bp bug bite + adaptability.

probably should have someone else run some more tests as i've only done about a dozen, but i've seen what i'm pretty sure are min and max rolls and i'd be very surprised if the multiplier was anything but 4/3 (2x total stab bonus).
A-Are we not gonna talk about this?! This is HUGE! Tera might not be as broken as we thought....hell it might not even be ban worthy! THoever, this means that more tests MUST be done. If same type tera only gives a 1.3 boost, does a different type tera give STAB as we thought (1.5) or is it also an adaptability boost (1.3)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)