SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

I’m still a little miffed at how uniform the future paradoxes are, from the names to the fact they’re all animatronic versions of their normal selves (sometimes painfully so, re: Iron Jugulis). The ancient forms have a connecting aesthetic (and naming too, I think they all follow the pattern of verb + noun?) without feeling repetitive. Meh I guess the future is standardized.

I spent way too long trying to get a Greninja with the correct forme/ability, and finding a trainer with enough Pokémon (I eventually fought a gym leader).

But I can confirm that Battle Bond only activates once per battle. Switching it out and back for a second ko (of 3 Pokémon) had no effect.

Also Terestial stays active when switching, but I'm sure that's been confirmed already.

I need a quick break, but is there any other new moves/abilities/formes that needs testing?

Edit: It also does not transform either.
I have a few!

Can you check to see if Water Compaction has changed, wince Well Baked Body is very simillar?

Can you check to see how much Supreme Overlord increase your attack in a battle?

How much stronger does Last Respects get per fainted team member?

What is the Typing and power of Glaive Rush?

everyone's trying to figure out how to evolve finizen to palafin- someone should just do the conditions needed for zero to hero. lead a fight with finizen, switch out, bring it back in to finish the kill. i'd put money down

Just bring up quickly that I'm still really early in the game, and so a lot of my options are limited concerning any testing. Also I'm probably not going to do every "is it 20% or 25% damage boost" request, though the Ruin abilities I'll be taking a look into.

everyone's trying to figure out how to evolve finizen to palafin- someone should just do the conditions needed for zero to hero. lead a fight with finizen, switch out, bring it back in to finish the kill. i'd put money down
Allegedly you have to hit the opponent with Finizen then swap it out and the pokemon that comes in needs to be reduced to 1hp. Then you swap Finizen back in and KO the opposing Pokemon.

i wonder if us as a collective can come up with actual proper names for those paradox mons, we have ungaboonguss and im bored so heres some, a few of them come are from others in the thread. tried to incorporate whatever was in their current name into this

past mons:
koraiphan - donphan
ungaboonguss - amoonguss
stalagneton - magneton
bigglyruff - jigglypuff
misfluttrus - midreavus
koraivolca - volcarona
roarimence - salamence

future mons:
miraiphan - donphan
haritetsu - hariyama
juguliron - hydreigon
mechanitar - tyranitar
delibundle - delibird
miraivolca - volcarona
fervaliant - gallade

the main issue with some of these names is that they could be confused with actually being directly connected to the mon theyre a paradox of, which is why id imagine they have the weird two word names in game. the past ones you have to be more creative than me when coming up with names, while future all of them have iron fsr lol. also someone who actually knows japanese can come up with a better name for paradox hariyama i imagine.

alternatively we just choose one of the two words to call them and leave it at that
I know in the past week, I saw people referring to Iron Valiant (back when we knew the concept and nothing else) as "Gallevoir" and I really like that.

I know in the past week, I saw people referring to Iron Valiant (back when we knew the concept and nothing else) as "Gallevoir" and I really like that.
Iron Treads --> probably Treads or Donphan-F
Iron Hands --> RIP evire
Iron Jugulis --> when is galarian moltres coming
Iron Thorns --> trash
Iron Bundle --> Deligod
Iron Moth --> Volcarona-F
Iron Valiant --> Gallevoir

Roaring Moon and Flutter Mane are already infamous enough that people know what they are. Both Volcarona and Iron Moth (and Slither Wing probably) are both good where it'll referring to it as Volcarona-Future will probably be the best way to distinguish between them long-term at least among the community, though not Smogon officially. Several of them will not be relevant enough for people to care.

Last edited:
Are there videos of paradox battles? I’m curious if they have cinematic intros or any special flair to them at all, or if they’re just Pokémon you simply run into on the overworld and battle as normal

Are there videos of paradox battles? I’m curious if they have cinematic intros or any special flair to them at all, or if they’re just Pokémon you simply run into on the overworld and battle as normal
just overworld

If the respective field conditions are active then there'll be a notification for that followed by the boost (though the boost is not visible a la A wild Absol used Swords Dance! A wild Absol's Attack can't go any higher!)

Rock/Elec is solid offensively and Iron Thorns has DD so at worst it can be a decent threat. Especially with that wide coverage. I don't think it will be awful.
yeah sure but this is about what the community will call it

which is trash

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)