SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

1668565013859.png
1668565083692.png

Pretty interesting observation from the code cracking server. A while back Kaka posted this string of random word tweets.
わだち いさは どくが かいな こうべ ぶじん いばら つつみ

These sounds ended up being part of the names for each future paradox, but いさは was an exception and it looks like it may be for Virizion based on the order and it apparently having something to do with leaves.

EDIT:
Some more initial translation context from the time which makes more sense in hindsight.
I at least remember seeing that どくが bringing moth warning results which was interesting and figured that head might be Hydreigon related.

Last edited:
If Steel swapped its Psychic resistance for a Ghost resistance and Ice resisted Water and Flying, we'd be colonizing the rings of Saturn by now.
As a Ghost fan, I am deeply offended by this post and...hey wait a minute.
WaitHoldUp.PNG

To be actually on topic, a Pokemon I feel like will be absolutely cracked in this game is Braviary-Hisui.
I was absolutely not expecting this thing to get Tinted Lens (replacing Defiant and Sheer Force. This makes it the second strongest Tinted Lens user and 3rd highest SpA Sheer Force, including Pokemon not in the game. Then this thing learns Hurricane and Esper Wing, a 80 BP move that boosts your Speed. It even gets Dazzling Gleam for Dark types too. It's possibly the best Hisui form because of this buff.

View attachment 465887View attachment 465888
Pretty interesting observation from the code cracking server. A while back Kaka posted this string of random word tweets.

These sounds ended up being part of the names for each future paradox, but いさは was an exception and it looks like it may be for Virizion based on the order and it apparently having something to do with leaves.
Paradox Suicune be like RAGING WATERS. TWISTED SURFACE.

Paradox Virizion meanwhile over here akin to Iron Leaf

View attachment 465887View attachment 465888

could come from 勇ましい (いさましい), meaning brave?

To be actually on topic, a Pokemon I feel like will be absolutely cracked in this game is Braviary-Hisui.
I was absolutely not expecting this thing to get Tinted Lens (replacing Defiant and Sheer Force. This makes it the second strongest Tinted Lens user and 3rd highest SpA Sheer Force, including Pokemon not in the game. Then this thing learns Hurricane and Esper Wing, a 80 BP move that boosts your Speed. It even gets Dazzling Gleam for Dark types too. It's possibly the best Hisui form because of this buff.
If Knock coverage actually gets culled like Centro claims it will it just might, but don't forget we got Lilligant too with that physical Quiver Dance, Ice-type coverage and either Hustle for better damage chances at missing or Chlorophyll in a metagame where Sun is gonna be big.

I hope they get suspended on long term. That way their 'Clout' will take too much time to reconstruct, until next Gen.
Only negative point is that dumb people will take that as a confirmation that they were real leakers.
I mean, they weren't the best account, but they were still a useful central hub of leaks, particularly in the Gen 8 DLC / BDSP / PLA days. I don't use 4chan or Chinese forums so I wouldn't have seen some of the leaks if he didn't compile them on twitter. I don't really like how they didn't credit the original people making the discoveries, but considering that leaks generally have a very negative connotation in the work industry, idk if that's necessarily a bad thing (not to say I don't appreciate the work people like you, slp, etc put in nor was Centro justified, just that I'm not sure how valuable credit is in this particular case).

Not a fan of him jumping the gun either or calling out Nintendo (last thing you want is to get noticed), but their account getting suspended is a bit sad since it was largely leaks w/o any additional fluff like on forums or reddit or whatnot. I do prefer docs like yours though compared to his twitter posts.

If Knock coverage actually gets culled like Centro claims it will it just might, but don't forget we got Lilligant too with that physical Quiver Dance, Ice-type coverage and either Hustle for better damage chances at missing or Chlorophyll in a metagame where Sun is gonna be big.
Lilligant-H might be pretty close.
On one hand, it has pretty good moves with Axe Kick and Ice Spinner, but on the other hand it's main form of power is Hustle and has to choose between hitting Flying or Bug types and can't do much against Poison. Tinted Lens makes it so Braviary really only has to worry about specially bulky Pokemon and not resists.

Here are some calcs against a few of the Pokemon deemed to be top offensive threats based on speculation. I don't consider Palafin to be one of those top threats, but it can serve as something that scares a lot of offensive Pokemon out with its strong priority even if it flops against the best bulky waters.

252 Atk Choice Band Palafin-Hero Jet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Flutter Mane: 276-325 (109.9 - 129.4%)
252 Atk Choice Band Palafin-Hero Jet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Enamorus: 229-270 (79.2 - 93.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Palafin-Hero Jet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Chien-Pao: 205-243 (68.1 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I know many of these mons will be on Screens HO, so maybe the calcs aren't entirely relevant, but with priority as strong as this, people who use these Pokemon can't be reckless. For reference, Palafin-Hero's Jet Punch (Base 160 Attack off 60 BP) is stronger than Ash-Greninja's Water Shuriken (Base 153 Special Attack off 60 BP).

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Hey nintendo ninjas can you please go for Khu next, I'm tired of him acting all creepy

On second thought, maybe it's best that no one was credited by Centro.
I'll be honest, I've always found it really funny that the Pokémon leak community has drama involving not being credited for leaking a game, despite th fact that leaking is a literal crime.

Usually its best to not let people know you are the one comitting crimes but I guess that doesn't aply if its for the twitter following

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)