SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

population bomb and triple axel seem to have the same mechanism so I would suggest you to give Tandemaus a wide lens.
View attachment 466065
This chart makes Dice look viable. Guaranteed 100/125 BP on Bullet Seed/Rock Blast/Icicle Spear/Bone Rush/Tail Slap. Or 150/187.5 on Technician mons.

Does Dice get consumed when you attack? If so it's an Unburden strat. If not I'm running it on Mamoswine because it's effectively better than Icicle Crash (higher power) and Stone Edge (more accurate). Plus stomps right through Focus Sash and Substitute.

Oh boy, Kyurem is staying in Ubers this gen alright. And Breloom will love this.
Eh, with hazard potentially everywhere and almost no defoggers available?
Likely still starting in Ubers (if/when it comes back), but I'd think it'll still run boots either ways :P

Breelom is honestly still more likely to want Toxic Orb + Poison Heal tbh with how valuable reliable recovery is going to be. Though Technician Bullet Seed go brrr does sound pretty fun.

For SubPunch seeds perhaps, but, last gen it would go Technician Life Orb after all. Not everything is trying to recover HP after all.
I'd point that "last gen" was gen 7, before the recovery nerfs and the existance of boots on top of widespread entry hazards of this gen :P
I was under the impression that between the PP nerfs and lack of reliable defoggers, almost everything will be eating hazard dmg, so any kind of reliable long term recovery will be highly valued expecially by balance and stall teams.

Then again, who knows how the metagames will end up being. Far too many variables coming this time.

This chart makes Dice look viable. Guaranteed 100/125 BP on Bullet Seed/Rock Blast/Icicle Spear/Bone Rush/Tail Slap. Or 150/187.5 on Technician mons.

Does Dice get consumed when you attack? If so it's an Unburden strat. If not I'm running it on Mamoswine because it's effectively better than Icicle Crash (higher power) and Stone Edge (more accurate). Plus stomps right through Focus Sash and Substitute.
It Isn’t a consumption item. The only downside is your non multihit moves get no damage boost. So mamo will have zero boost on EQuake and could potentially miss some important KOs if he took a more generic damage boosting item

I feel that this gen draining moves will be all the rage. I plan on making a team of bulkier mons with as much priority and draining moves as I can without being too extreme. Drain punch is on a lot of mons, but not too many strong Giga drain/draining kiss/leech life/parabolic charge choices

To add on what CTNC
TLDR: forget the croc, go cat.
Yeah, general consensus is that cat > croc.

Me and my stubborn low-tier character mindset is still determined to use croc and make it work, lol. Must be a curse always gravitating to stuff like this.

Anywho, I have a question about Glimmora's Toxic Debris ability: does it scatter Toxic Spikes every time it is hit, or just once?

I feel that this gen draining moves will be all the rage. I plan on making a team of bulkier mons with as much priority and draining moves as I can without being too extreme. Drain punch is on a lot of mons, but not too many strong Giga drain/draining kiss/leech life/parabolic charge choices
Sounds cool on paper, until you realize that draining moves all have low BPs and you get 2hkod even factoring them.
Me and my stubborn low-tier character mindset is still determined to make it work, lol. Must be a curse always gravitating to stuff like this.
I mean, it likely will be unviable/niche in OU and VGC, but that doesn't mean it will be in lower tiers.
It may also actually be solid in BSS, since we're talking of a Unaware user which actually has recovery, has solid offensive stats and a built in boost+dmg signature move, and can still utilize Tera to fix its typing, in a format where Knock Off is not everywhere, there'll be much less hazards, and will likely lack the widespread abuse of EQ/Rock slide that VGC features.

I mean, it likely will be unviable/niche in OU and VGC, but that doesn't mean it will be in lower tiers.
It may also actually be solid in BSS, since we're talking of a Unaware user which actually has recovery, has solid offensive stats and a built in boost+dmg signature move, and can still utilize Tera to fix its typing, in a format where Knock Off is not everywhere, there'll be much less hazards, and will likely lack the widespread abuse of EQ/Rock slide that VGC features.
No worries, I know what you meant. I just tend to be more extreme when making statements, haha. The qualities it has will for sure be a boon wherever it goes.

Me and my stubborn low-tier character mindset is still determined to use croc and make it work, lol. Must be a curse always gravitating to stuff like this.

Anywho, I have a question about Glimmora's Toxic Debris ability: does it scatter Toxic Spikes every time it is hit, or just once?
sounds like the Johnny mindset:
https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/making-magic/timmy-johnny-and-spike-2013-12-03

“Johnny likes to win, but he wants to win with style. It’s very important to Johnny that he win on his own terms.”

“Johnny likes a challenge. Johnny enjoys winning with cards that no one else wants to use. He likes making decks that win in innovative ways.”

“Johnny is happiest when he’s exploring uncharted territory.”

Skeledirge definitely will be viable always by virtue of Unaware on a Pokemon as bulky as it and having Slack Off. It’s bulkier than Quagsire and almost as bulky as Clefable specially, and unlike those Pokemon, Skeledirge is pretty offensively threatening too.

I also don't know how well Meowscarada will be with that Protean is nerfed and its movepool. For phyical attacks, it only really has Play Rough, Acrobatics, and U-turn for Protean. Protean also screws over Sword Dance sets so I could actually see Meowscarada using Overgrowth instead.
Edit: I guess Low Kick, Thunder Punch, and Shadow Claw count as well I guess.

I'd point that "last gen" was gen 7, before the recovery nerfs and the existance of boots on top of widespread entry hazards of this gen :P
I was under the impression that between the PP nerfs and lack of reliable defoggers, almost everything will be eating hazard dmg, so any kind of reliable long term recovery will be highly valued expecially by balance and stall teams.

Then again, who knows how the metagames will end up being. Far too many variables coming this time.
Other than National Dex being an experimental theoretical meta, Breloom was playable in cartridge BDSP.

Skeledirge definitely will be viable always by virtue of Unaware on a Pokemon as bulky as it and having Slack Off. It’s bulkier than Quagsire and almost as bulky as Clefable specially, and unlike those Pokemon, Skeledirge is pretty offensively threatening too.

I also don't know how well Meowscarada will be with that Protean is nerfed and its movepool. For phyical attacks, it only really has Play Rough, Acrobatics, and U-turn for Protean. Protean also screws over Sword Dance sets so I could actually see Meowscarada using Overgrowth instead.
Edit: I guess Low Sweep and Shadow Claw count as well I guess.
I do think it’s possible no one has really internalized how mediocre protean is now. Like we all know it was nerfed but people’s brains still instinctually see it as a godsend of an ability. None of the protean users may be top contenders anymore.

I do think it’s possible no one has really internalized how mediocre protean is now. Like we all know it was nerfed but people’s brains still instinctually see it as a godsend of an ability. None of the protean users may be top contenders anymore.
Eh, weren't people talking of just choicing the Protean users instead.
If you're Choiced, the Protean nerf is irrelevant, and stab-uturn is half of what gets protean stuff banned anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised however if as you said, setup sets will not use Protean on Cinderace/Meowscarada.

Other than National Dex being an experimental theoretical meta, Breloom was playable in cartridge BDSP.
BDSP was even a bigger offender of moveset problematics, due to limited dex, and lack of TM/Tutor accessibility from other games.
BDSP metagame isn't comparable to really anything in modern era and shouldn't be a indicator of anything other than how much different pokemon can be just due of their surroundings.

Edit: I guess Low Kick, Thunder Punch, and Shadow Claw count as well I guess.
Quag and Clefable take way more neutral hits, so comparable bulk is kind of moot. That's Skeledirge's issue.

Since you wrote about the multiple save files - doing one for me and one to get a 2nd Cover Legendary for my friend with the other version is possible?
You can get 2 of the cover leges in each game. Not going over how cause spoilers, but you do get a 2nd one kinda like you used to get a 2nd lunala/solgaleo in gen 7
Note that according to Theorymon, the box legendary you meet at the beginning is permanently tied to your save, so you basically just have one spare legendary to use freely anyway. It always exists in your party menu, you can't (battle) box it, and you have to switch it from ride and battle mode any time you want to ride or battle with it and you can't do both at the same time.

Eh, weren't people talking of just choicing the Protean users instead.
If you're Choiced, the Protean nerf is irrelevant, and stab-uturn is half of what gets protean stuff banned anyway.

I wouldn't be surprised however if as you said, setup sets will not use Protean on Cinderace/Meowscarada.

BDSP was even a bigger offender of moveset problematics, due to limited dex, and lack of TM/Tutor accessibility from other games.
BDSP metagame isn't comparable to really anything in modern era and shouldn't be a indicator of anything other than how much different pokemon can be just due of their surroundings.
protean always felt really strong because of how unpredictable it was. Remember that spikes greninja set where you use spikes to become immune to electric on their electric type switch in? Those options are all dead. Now it’s pretty obvious what you’re going to be doing: Choicing into the most optimal damage move or you lose momentum.

Note that according to Theorymon, the box legendary you meet at the beginning is permanently tied to your save, so you basically just have one spare legendary to use freely anyway. It always exists in your party menu, you can't (battle) box it, and you have to switch it from ride and battle mode any time you want to ride or battle with it and you can't do both at the same time.
Oh I hadn't even begun to think that the reason we get a "second copy" of the legendary was because they need you to keep the one you ride around on without worrying about the logistics of it "flying in" from elsewhere every time

protean always felt really strong because of how unpredictable it was. Remember that spikes greninja set where you use spikes to become immune to electric on their electric type switch in? Those options are all dead. Now it’s pretty obvious what you’re going to be doing: Choicing into the most optimal damage move or you lose momentum.
Maybe, but last I checked Cinderace didn't do any of this, and all it did was (if even) click Bulk Up, and then either click highest damage or click U-turn and say bye, with very very rarely Court Change being used.
With Greninja's main perk in gen 7-8natdex not being Protean shenenigan themselves, but rather the fact you'd not know if it's Protean or BattleBond (also nerfed), as both had different checks, and a mispredict could cost you the game.

Ofc the protean nerf takes out a chunk of the utility of the Protean skill to begin with, but it doesn't change the fact that you do get the juicy stab-uturn and stab-insertcoverage damage.

I don't quite recall any real case in singles (or even doubles) where you'd use protean defensively to tank hits at all.
Oh I hadn't even begun to think that the reason we get a "second copy" of the legendary was because they need you to keep the one you ride around on without worrying about the logistics of it "flying in" from elsewhere every time
Smh, Lati@s could easily come from the other side of the planet at the sound of a flute, the new dragons are really weak.

I think the only great user of Protean / Libero now is Cinderace. The main STAB its using, Pyro Ball, doesn't change its typing, so its follow-up U-Turn on one of its counters like Hippowdon and Slowbro will still be doing extra damage.

For Meowscarada and Greninja, I think its usefulness will mostly be limited to Choice sets.

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
That would mean that you will only be able to transfer the spare one to future games, so better be careful when deciding to trade it away if you don't want to play the game a second time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 25)