SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

The encounter data requires "GAME_CLEAR" for all of them except the four I listed, but it has no flag at all for these, while others like Orthworm are clear about requiring some other specific flag and I assume the same would apply here if these four actually required beating a specific Titan.
I know that Great Tusk and Iron Treads can be found as one-offs after the Titan battle, but the encounter data does not obviously support that any of the others have anything to do with that.
I would like to leave the question open to someone who has actually tried it, if that's okay! Or maybe I'll just try it myself tomorrow, but I won't be able to start playing for a solid 24 hours - if someone else wants answers before then, it's definitely worth giving an actual shot and not just making a conjecture!
What i can tell you now is that in Scarlet, you can encounter Flutter and Scream in the final area as regular encounters, so i assume that if you can get there early, you can catch them.

I’ve been playing for the last 3 or so hours and the performance issues are quite obvious. They aren’t gamebreaking by any means but.. it’s rough.

i was in docked mode, using an OLED. I haven’t had nothing nearly as bad as that clip going around (although that specific area did seem to have the worse dip) I haven’t had the game run completely smoothly yet, but it is not distracting from the amount of fun I’m having. I’ve only got one badge but it was really easy, I handicap myself with 3 Pokémon, not allowed a type advantage etc but it was still fairly easy. Not that I’m expecting anything more.. but. The hardest thing I’ve run into so far is a tera Ground Shroomish that kicked my ass twice by getting spore / bullet seeds off

edit: I did however manage to bag myself a shiny yoongus in the opening cave bit tho!

TR Hatterene, Clodsire, Meowscarada, Great Tusk, potentially Grimmsnarl, Corviknight.

Croc definitely is not bad. But it's meta dependent. It can effortlessly wall a lot of threats with a bulky spread. But it will require a lot of use for things like Iron Valiant, Iron Hands, Cetitan and so on to be worth using. But Meowscarada is definitely more splash able given the HO lean
I finally have decided on my starter and it is going to be Meowscarada! Which teammates do you think would be great for Meowscarada if I were to use him competitively? I feel like Palafin would make the cut especially with the use of Protean being able to switch out Meowscarada to Palafin's hero form.

I’ve been playing for the last 3 or so hours and the performance issues are quite obvious. They aren’t gamebreaking by any means but.. it’s rough.

i was in docked mode, using an OLED. I haven’t had nothing nearly as bad as that clip going around (although that specific area did seem to have the worse dip) I haven’t had the game run completely smoothly yet, but it is not distracting from the amount of fun I’m having. I’ve only got one badge but it was really easy, I handicap myself with 3 Pokémon, not allowed a type advantage etc but it was still fairly easy. Not that I’m expecting anything more.. but. The hardest thing I’ve run into so far is a tera Ground Shroomish that kicked my ass twice by getting spore / bullet seeds off

edit: I did however manage to bag myself a shiny yoongus in the opening cave bit tho!
Yeah, most NPC run at like, 10fps until you get close to them.

It's ugly to look at, but not gameplay-impacting.

Also, the sequence break to South A4 is not patched. That particular break is not super-useful because it just allows you to go around the first town for a minute to catch some extra mons. Good to know though.

What's the earliest Ghost-type/Run Away mon you can catch before the first city?

it's
HERE
BOOIIIIIIIIS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gen 9 is on SHOWDOWN, LET BELLS TOLL A JOLLY TUNE. But seriously, i'm excited
Thanks for the heads up.

Hey, does anyone remember that time I said Day 1 would be filthy with ritual sacrifice and Last Resort/Supreme Overlord hijinks?

Well, I took it upon myself to make it reality. To be the filthy one here. The first bouts were a rousing success.
The win streak was only ended by Sucker Punch Chien-Pao at 1297 Elo.

Last edited:
Here is the revamped team for Pokemon Scarlet
Unaware Calm Nature Skeledirge
Torch Song
Shadow Ball
Solar Beam
Slack Off

Slush Rush Jolly Nature Cetitan
Ice Spinner
Body Slam
Play Rough
Liquidation

Purifying Salt Adamant Nature Gargancl
Zen Headbutt
Salt Cure
Earthquake
Iron Head

Orichalcum Pulse Adamant Nature Koraidon
Collision Course
Dragon Claw
Flare Blitz
Stomping Tantrum

Mold Breaker Jolly Nature Tinkaton
Gigaton Hammer
Play Rough
Swords Dance
Bulldoze

Unaware Brave Nature Clodsire
Gunk Shot
Earthquake
Liquidation
Rock Tomb
How is this meant to help me?

Man, having power items at the start of the game is nuts. My starter is already maxed out on EVs at level 28. Great QoL improvement having something so nessisary to competitive play so easily accessible!
*Looks at in-game trainers*
Ok, but why tho? :tymp:

Also, to answer my earlier question of what's the earliest Ghost/Run Away mon available...

Apparently, the earliest Ghost-type available is an Lv. 5 Gimmighoul near the Lighthouse.
I'mma sequence break to get Starly early. :totodiLUL:

Y'all definitely want a Ghost if you're going to mess around the open world without getting jumped by say, an Lv. 40 Scyther. :trode:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)