SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ugh... Why is everyone hyped about a 80 bp typeless move that only gets STAB once, again?.. Even on Serperior it's useless, because it's massively outclassed by Leaf Storm itself and doesn't solve Serperior's coverage problem, it'd rather Tera into some other type
It does solve Serperior's coverage problem though

You switch on a Grass resist, you still have to tank a +2 stab neutral Tera-Blast boosted because it's the first use.

You switch again to waste the first use boost, it is now at +3

Btw anyone know what the deal is with Psychic Noise and Tachyon Cutter?
Specifically how they work against Poison Heal and Regenerator? Hatterene is either going to ruin Gliscor’s day or Gliscor’s entire life.
and Tachyon Cutter, is it like Dragon Darts in Doubles were it hits both targets?
move description for psychic noise is "For two turns, the target is prevented from recovering HP through moves, Abilities, or held items." which would seem to imply it stops poison heal, recover, lefties, even regenerator cuz it works *on switch out*. could make amoonguss, glowking, pex all very sad as well

You switch on a Grass resist, you still have to tank a +2 stab neutral Tera-Blast boosted because it's the first use.

+3 and stuck with no coverage. It'd really rather use some other Tera type against grass-resisting targets for consistency. That one-time +1 boost doesn't make any difference

Virizion and Cobalion getting Aura Sphere and Vacuum Wave now is cool. They are finally getting good enough special movepools to actually run Calm Mind sets, and maybe even experiment with Choice Specs. And as someone who can't stand using Focus Miss, I appreciate the other options.
thanks for pointing this out, i've been wanting to run CM Cobalion for literal years lol

This is way more likely the reasoning:
88 wouldn't even be the most well-known symbol shared between those two groups (source: me not knowing 88 had negative connotations until today). GameFreak did it because they're a japanese company and the significance of it isn't some universal truth that everyone is innately aware of

I noticed this earlier, it may be a bit inappropriate so…
Deleted post
I dont think the comparison is apt, 88 has both a significance in buddhism (which pecharunt takes from alongside shintoist and general folklore) and also pecharunt has no significant connection to jewish, german, nazism or any related topics that would connect it to heil hitler. beyond that, 88 is mostly a western hate symbol, and is more associated with good luck and chinese slang in east asia.

meanwhile jynx is just little black sambo.png, you really cannot compare the two

Last edited by a moderator:
True, but the Swastika is also a religious symbol. It is also not like intention hasn’t caused controversy either. Jynx was never intented to be racist stereotype, but was changed anyways because people saw and were offended over.
The manji is not the swastika. To suggest such is genuinely offensive.

Also, Jynx is most likely intended as a fairly grotesque caricature of gyaru culture grossed with a yuki-onna. That accounts for the blond hair and black skin. So yes, it was intended to mock.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack

Maybe, but getting to the chance to change type Ground or Fire instead of having to stick to Grass is too useful for Defensive sets and you get to keep STAB for more than one attack. (Unless Tera Blast keeps STAB after the first use due to matching the Tera Type.) If Stellar is viable it's probably just for offensive sets, but it'd be interesting if Stellar and other types were both viable on defensive sets too.

Gliscor is so fucked. Hatterene gets it, knocks back the spikes switching in, and now can turn Poison Heal off. If Gliscor Tera Darks it only means Hatterene has to use Fairy moves instead. Move may be a little busted.
Psychic Noise has 75 Power, only 5/6 Psychic's Power. How good it is depends on how often canceling healing causes more damage than the loss of power. I'm a bit doubtful because not every Pokemon can heal.

Alluring Voice is interesting to me because it's an 80 Power Burning Jealousy that confuses instead of burns. Not the best, but it a better Dazzling Gleam. I think that most Pokemon that would want it already has Moonblast though...

Edit: Eevee learns it, which is good for Glaceon, Jolteon, and Espeon and it's a pretty major for Unovan Lilligant. Too bad she still can't hit Fire types without Terra Blast. (I'm not exaggerating. Her other options are Weather Ball and Hyper Beam.)

Last edited:

YNM

formerly yNot Mence
is a Tiering Contributor
The manji is not the swastika. To suggest such is genuinely offensive.
He never said that. He said that the swastika is a religious symbol, which it is in many non-western cultures. What you're likely confusing it with is the Hakenkreuz, or hooked cross, which is the proper name for the more infamous symbol. The word "swastika", in fact, comes from Sanskrit.

Random facts aside, Game Freak obviously didn't put a fucking Nazi reference in their game, and you're all crazy to even be discussing this in the first place. Let's please stick to the actual game and not some pseudo-conspiracy theories.

thanks for pointing this out, i've been wanting to run CM Cobalion for literal years lol
You have always been able to

Gliscor is so fucked. Hatterene gets it, knocks back the spikes switching in, and now can turn Poison Heal off. If Gliscor Tera Darks it only means Hatterene has to use Fairy moves instead. Move may be a little busted.
uh, no? Gliscor doesn’t stay in on hatterene in the first place. This changes nothing (plus hat doesn’t have room for this move anyways)

Nah I'm refering to PS ones, separated with comas. Right now it's taking ages even with optimized algos to extract the changes.
well of course it would take a long time if you have to go into a coma between each move. i mean, just look at slaking

(not intending to be a dick about spelling, i just got that particularly funny image in my head because of the typo)

You have always been able to

uh, no? Gliscor doesn’t stay in on hatterene in the first place. This changes nothing (plus hat doesn’t have room for this move anyways)
Hatterene would likely replace Psychic with Psychic Noise on its movesets. Preventing Leftovers, Grassy Terrain, Recover, Regenerator, Rest, Drain Punch, Horn Leech, etc. is a massive fucking deal. Absolutely worth the 15 BP drop. Also Gliscor can’t attempt to wear down Hatterene or any Pokemon that learns this move.

Hatterene would likely replace Psychic with Psychic Noise on its movesets. Preventing Leftovers, Grassy Terrain, Recover, Regenerator, Rest, Drain Punch, Horn Leech, etc. is a massive fucking deal. Absolutely worth the 15 BP drop. Also Gliscor can’t attempt to wear down Hatterene or any Pokemon that learns this move.
does it actually prevent regen? i thought regen doesn't activate until after switch-out and that's why heal block didn't work on it. is this a new effect? like, a field effect or something?

Btw anyone know what the deal is with Psychic Noise and Tachyon Cutter?
Specifically how they work against Poison Heal and Regenerator? Hatterene is either going to ruin Gliscor’s day or Gliscor’s entire life.
and Tachyon Cutter, is it like Dragon Darts in Doubles were it hits both targets?
Most likely exactly the same as heal block.

Meaning poison heal doesn’t healer but doesn’t get poison damaged

and regenerator still heals

does it actually prevent regen? i thought regen doesn't activate until after switch-out and that's why heal block didn't work on it. is this a new effect? like, a field effect or something?
I believe someone said it would prevent Regenerator. Not been tested yet or seen proof or how extensive it is like if the Pokemon gets its health back after some time.
Also made me realize DLC2 provides a bunch of new counterplay to Annihilape.
Psychic Noise cucks any attempt to heal back up while dealing super effective damage.
Stellar Type means any Pokemon can beat Annihilape’s Tera mind games (same with Kingambit).
Thunderclap is a special priority move, which forced Annihilape to use status moves (it is on one Pokemon but is coming off a 137 SpA and is really bulky too).
Pecharunt has a signature move that can badly poison Annihilape and has massive Def to shrug off unboosted Rage Fists.
Munkidor gets Psychic Noise which in addition to preventing it from healing it has a 30% chance to badly Poison it (which it can’t cure because Rest won’t work)
Hatterene similarly gets Psychic Noise while being immune to Taunt and if Annihilape tries to Tera Dark Hatterene can use Fairy move next turn and Rage Fist won’t be boosted too.
Gourging Fire can potentially burn Annihilape with its signature move.
Alluring Voice is a Fairy move that deals Double Damage if Annihilape uses Bulk Up.
Really seems like they wanted to screw Annihilape in DLC2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)