SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

I’ve always loved munkidori’s playstyle and I think psychic noise is a really neat boost for it. Sadly not enough for OU viability just yet, but it’s got a legit stallbreaker niche now.

clicking psychic noise with munkidori both prevents healing for 2 turns and has a 30% toxic chance. That’s an extremely strong utility move. It’s certainly not gonna be enough to be viable though because of corviknight, ting-lu, slowking-g (unless it somehow does stop regen lol)

Regardless, I feel like imagining guys in GF are laughing their asses off over people having this semantic debate. Likely not the first time since Cosmog and Type: Null came into existence. :psysly:
Nah much further back (& those 2 at least had the decency to be clearly marked as legendary), you want ancient semantic debates you want these mfers

(Because it played the Legendary battle theme, you see)

(Endless misery for years)

For terapagos, I really hope the 600bst version stays OU and the 700bst version stays ubers.

a big bulky rapid spinner with a better multi scale seems like a great addition to OU. I would expect it to run rapid spin, toxic, stealth rock, scorching sands? or something to reliably hit gholdengo. dark pulse?

Nah much further back (& those 2 at least had the decency to be clearly marked as legendary), you want ancient semantic debates you want these mfers

(Because it played the Legendary battle theme, you see)

(Endless misery for years)
You got me there, I forgot Phione exists and still suffers from unresolved debacle.:totodiLUL:

We can all agree one one thing though: GF is Troll Freak.

anywho, i suddenly remembered this datamine from February

New strings and structures added to the Scarlet/Violet 1.2.0 update hint at something interesting. Inside the `dlc.dat` text file, we see lines about receiving DLC items, apparel, and even Pokémon. Full English text: pastebin.com/raw/rsjTdrjC

A mysterious new data structure was added in the serialization schemas to store DLC Gift Pokémon Data. See below picture for a C# translation of the structure (types/fields named by GameFreak, comments by me):

Seems like there will be some sort of external generator to create DLC data, and these "DLC Gifts" (handled separately from Mystery Gift) might be player customizable prior to receipt in-game. Unsure how accessible this DLC feature will be.
At the time I think we theorized this was the "PKHexLite" type function, and that maybe we'd go through the game to generate it elsewhere and then download it or something to that effect.
Obviously that didn't pan out since it doesnt seem like anything akin to that is in the game, so I'm pretty curious if there'll be anything else pointing to work done on this. Maybe it'll be an entirely browser-side type thing (think Global Link), or done as a tie-in to something in Japan (like preorder a movie ticket, buy these things, etc) or something like that. Maybe a Pokemon Day thing, make your own clothing and generate a Pokemon of your choice kinda deal? That'd be cute.

For terapagos, I really hope the 600bst version stays OU and the 700bst version stays ubers.

a big bulky rapid spinner with a better multi scale seems like a great addition to OU. I would expect it to run rapid spin, toxic, stealth rock, scorching sands? or something to reliably hit gholdengo. dark pulse?
Terastal form looks way more balanced than Stellar form. It has decent bulk but has no recovery, and being a mono Normal means it's worn down pretty easily by Fighting types.

I really thought this thing would be about as big as one of the tapu, rather than the approximate size of a larg epeach
owo but it's adorable

Bit sad that it's a Mythical though (then again, we knew we were getting one, I just did not expect it to actually be the peach guy).

I don't mind it being off a event. Differently from back in gen 4, unlikely that we'll need to go phisically somewhere to activate it.

Do we have any information regarding a mechanics change to Meloetta/Relic Song?
Meloetta was already in game files, outside of bugfixes it shouldn't have received any change

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Oh yeah, for the record, it's now noted that Ultra Beasts and Paradoxes now have their own separate special classifications amongst the Legendary/Mythical stuff.

Now we have five classifications: sub-legendary, Restricted Legendary, Mythical, Ultra Beast, and Paradox. The latter two are special classifications that are individualized now as well.

With this in mind, this basically goes down the list of these five categories and who is in who:

Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Latias
Latios
Uxie
Mesprit
Azelf
Heatran
Regigigas
Cresselia
Cobalion
Terrakion
Virizion
Tornadus
Thundurus
Landorus
Type: Null
Silvally
Tapu Koko
Tapu Lele
Tapu Bulu
Tapu Fini
Kubfu
Urshifu
Galarian Articuno
Galarian Zapdos
Galarian Moltres
Regieleki
Regidrago
Glastrier
Spectrier
Enamorus
Wo-Chien
Chien-Pao
Ting-Lu
Chi-Yu
Okidogi
Munkidori
Fezandipiti
Ogerpon

Mewtwo
Lugia
Ho-oh
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Reshiram
Zekrom
Kyurem
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zygarde
Cosmog
Cosmoem
Solgaleo
Lunala
Necrozma
Zacian
Zamazenta
Eternatus
Calyrex
Koraidon
Miraidon
Terapagos

Mew
Celebi
Jirachi
Deoxys
Phione
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus
Victini
Keldeo
Meloetta
Genesect
Diancie
Hoopa
Volcanion
Magearna
Marshadow
Zeraora
Meltan
Melmetal
Zarude
Pecharunt

Nihilego
Buzzwole
Pheromosa
Xurkitree
Celesteela
Kartana
Guzzlord
Poipole
Naganadel
Stakataka
Blacephalon

Great Tusk
Scream Tail
Brute Bonnet
Flutter Mane
Slither Wing
Sandy Shocks
Iron Treads
Iron Bundle
Iron Hands
Iron Jugulis
Iron Moth
Iron Thorns
Roaring Moon
Iron Valiant
Walking Wake
Iron Leaves
Gouging Fire
Raging Bolt
Iron Boulder
Iron Crown

A lot of lists but there you go
Oh yeah side note but updated these lists I made a few months ago with Terapagos, Pecharunt, and the new Paradoxes, but this covers everything up to now as to who falls into which of these five special categories.

By the way, how do you change Deoxys forms ? Is it same as the others, go to the AH, get the meteorite or whatever it is, and it lets you pick which form to swap to?

Kind of an out-of-nowhere question, but does anyone have examples of returning mons who got their models revamped? I’ve really been enjoying Gamefreak going back and changing outdated/wonky models in Gen 9 and I wanna see if they changed any more. (BTW, I already know they remodeled the Johto legendary duo, they look excellent!)

BONUS: Here’s another pic of the remodeled Kanto starters posted by Nintendo’s Twitter, they look so jolly and full of life now, especially Venusaur :D
IMG_1603.jpeg

Mons that get Pain Split: :Arbok: :Vulpix: :Vulpix-Alola: :Ninetales: :Ninetales-Alola: :Igglybuff: :Jigglypuff: :Wigglytuff: :Meowth: :Persian: :Grimer: :Grimer-Alola: :Muk: :Muk-Alola: :Gastly: :Haunter: :Gengar: :Koffing: :Weezing: :Weezing-Galar: :Moltres-Galar: :Mew: :Misdreavus: :Mismagius: :Pineco: :Forretress: :Dunsparce: :Dudunsparce: :Qwilfish: :Qwilfish-Hisui: :Overqwil: :Slugma: :Magcargo: :Houndour: :Houndoom: :Ralts: :Kirlia: :Gardevoir: :Gallade: :Nosepass: :Probopass: :Sableye: :Meditite: :Medicham: :Gulpin: :Swalot: :Shuppet: :Banette: :Duskull: :Dusclops: :Dusknoir: :Deoxys: :Shellos: :Gastrodon: :Drifloon: :Drifblim: :Spiritomb: :Froslass: :Rotom: :Rotom-Wash: :Rotom-Mow: :Rotom-Heat: :Rotom-Fan: :Rotom-Frost: :Uxie: :Mesprit: :Giratina: :Giratina-Origin: :Zorua: :Zorua-Hisui: :Zoroark: :Zoroark-Hisui: :Solosis: :Duosion: :Reuniclus: :Alomomola: :Litwick: :Lampent: :Chandelure: :Keldeo: :Chespin: :Quilladin: :Chesnaught: :Phantump: :Trevenant: :Mareanie: :Toxapex: :Comfey: :Passimian: :Sandygast: :Palossand: :Mimikyu: :Bruxish: :Magearna: :Polteageist: :Polteageist-Antique: :Hatterene: :Alcremie: :Pincurchin: :Spectrier: :Calyrex-Shadow: :Basculegion: :Spidops: :Mabosstiff: :Bramblin: :Brambleghast: :Toedscool: :Toedscruel: :Wugtrio: :Greavard: :Houndstone: :Veluza: :Flutter-Mane: :Poltchageist: :Poltchageist-Artisan: :Sinistcha: :Sinistcha-Masterpiece:
Mons that get Temper Flare: :Charmander: :Charmeleon: :Charizard: :Growlithe: :Growlithe-Hisui: :Arcanine: :Arcanine-Hisui: :Magby: :Magmar: :Magmortar: :Tauros-Paldea-Blaze: :Gyarados: :Flareon: :Moltres: :Mew: :Cyndaquil: :Quilava: :Typhlosion: :Typhlosion-Hisui: :Snubbull: :Granbull: :Slugma: :Magcargo: :Houndour: :Houndoom: :Torchic: :Combusken: :Blaziken: :Numel: :Camerupt: :Torkoal: :Shelgon: :Salamence: :Chimchar: :Monferno: :Infernape: :Drifloon: :Drifblim: :Stunky: :Skuntank: :Rhyperior: :Tepig: :Pignite: :Emboar: :Litwick: :Lampent: :Chandelure: :Fletchinder: :Talonflame: :Pyroar: :Litten: :Torracat: :Incineroar: :Toucannon: :Salandit: :Salazzle: :Scorbunny: :Raboot: :Cinderace: :Rolycoly: :Carkol: :Coalossal: :Fuecoco: :Crocalor: :Skeledirge: :Klawf: :Capsakid: :Scovillain: :Revavroom: :Cyclizar: :Great-Tusk: :Slither-Wing: :Chi-Yu: :Koraidon: :Gouging-Fire:
Mons that get Supercell Slam: :Geodude-Alola: :Graveler-Alola::golem-alola: :electrode: :electrode-hisui::Rhyhorn: :rhydon: :rhyperior: :snorlax: :zapdos: :mew: :ampharos::Elekid: :Electabuzz: :electivire: :raikou: :luxray: :rampardos: :magnezone: :probopass: :arceus: :Blitzle::zebstrika: :eelektross: :thundurus-therian: :thundurus: :zekrom: :vikavolt: :pincurchin: :copperajah: :regieleki: :ursaluna: :pawmot: :bellibolt: :kilowattrel: :cyclizar: :great-tusk: :sandy-shocks: :iron-treads: :iron-hands: :iron-thorns: :miraidon: :Raging-Bolt: :Iron-Crown: :Terapagos:
Mons that get Triple Axel: :Sandshrew-Alola: :Sandslash-Alola: :Ninetales-Alola: :Seel: :Dewgong: :Articuno: :Mew: :Bellossom: :Sneasel: :Weavile: :Hitmontop: :Kirlia: :Gardevoir: :Gallade: :Milotic: :Piplup: :Prinplup: :Empoleon: :Ambipom: :Glaceon: :Froslass: :Leavanny: :Lilligant-Hisui: :Minccino: :Cinccino: :Cryogonal: :Mienshao: :Meloetta: :Popplio: :Brionne: :Primarina: :Steenee: :Tsareena: :Frosmoth: :Meowscarada: :Quaxwell: :Quaquaval:
Mons that get Scorching Sands: :Charizard: :Sandshrew: :Sandslash: :Ninetales: :Diglett: :Diglett-Alola: :Dugtrio: :Dugtrio-Alola: :Growlithe-Hisui: :Arcanine: :Arcanine-Hisui: :Rhyhorn: :Rhydon: :Rhyperior: :Flareon: :Magmar: :Magmortar: :Moltres: :Mew: :Typhlosion: :Magcargo: :Entei: :Ho-Oh: :Blaziken: :Numel: :Camerupt: :Torkoal: :Trapinch: :Vibrava: :Flygon: :Groudon: :Torterra: :Infernape: :Shieldon: :Bastiodon: :Gible: :Gabite: :Garchomp: :Hippopotas: :Hippowdon: :Heatran: :Arceus: :Drifblim: :Excadrill: :Sandile: :Krokorok: :Krookodile: :Golett: :Golurk: :Reshiram: :Landorus: :Landorus-Therian: :Delphox: :Diancie: :Volcanion: :Incineroar: :Sandygast: :Palossand: :Minior: :Cinderace: :Carkol: :Coalossal: :Silicobra: :Sandaconda: :Skeledirge: :Armarouge: :Sandy-Shocks: :Gouging-Fire: :Terapagos:
Mons that get Meteor Beam: :Clefairy: :Clefable: :Golem-Alola: :Rhydon: :Rhyperior: :Mew: :Ampharos: :Sudowoodo: :Nosepass: :Probopass: :Metang: :Metagross: :Regirock: :Registeel: :Rayquaza: :Jirachi: :Deoxys: :Bastiodon: :Bronzong: :Arceus: :Carbink: :Avalugg-Hisui: :Diancie: :Minior: :Solgaleo: :Lunala: :Necrozma: :Drednaw: :Rolycoly: :Carkol: :Coalossal: :Stonjourner: :Eternatus: :Nacli: :Naclstack: :Garganacl: :Armarouge: :Klawf: :Glimmet: :Glimmora: :Iron-Jugulis: :Iron-Moth: :Iron-Thorns: :Koraidon: :Archaludon: :Iron-Boulder: :Terapagos:
Mons that get Dragon Cheer: :Charizard: :Exeggutor-Alola: :Gyarados: :Lapras: :Dratini: :Dragonair: :Dragonite: :Mew: :Ampharos: :Sceptile: :Flygon: :Swablu: :Altaria: :Milotic: :Bagon: :Shelgon: :Salamence: :Latias: :Latios: :Rayquaza: :Cranidos: :Rampardos: :Gible: :Gabite: :Garchomp: :Axew: :Fraxure: :Haxorus: :Deino: :Zweilous: :Hydreigon: :Reshiram: :Zekrom: :Kyurem: :Goodra: :Goodra-Hisui: :Noivern: :Salazzle: :Jangmo-o: :Hakamo-o: :Kommo-o: :Duraludon: :Archaludon: :Drakloak: :Dragapult: :Regidrago: :Cyclizar: :Tatsugiri: :Iron-Jugulis: :Baxcalibur: :Roaring-Moon: :Koraidon: :Miraidon: :Walking-Wake: :Dipplin: :Hydrapple: :Gouging-Fire: :Raging-Bolt:
Mons that get Alluring Voice::Pikachu: :Raichu: :Raichu-Alola: :Cleffa: :Clefairy: :Clefable: :Igglybuff: :Jigglypuff: :Wigglytuff: :Dewgong: :Lapras: :Eevee: :Vaporeon: :Jolteon: :Flareon: :Espeon: :Umbreon: :Leafeon: :Glaceon: :Sylveon: :Mew: :Azurill: :Marill: :Azumarill: :Blissey: :Ralts: :Kirlia: :Gardevoir: :Gallade: :Plusle: :Minun: :Flygon: :Altaria: :Milotic: :Latias: :Pachirisu: :Finneon: :Lumineon: :Phione: :Manaphy: :Lilligant: :Minccino: :Cinccino: :Swanna: :Alomomola: :Meloetta: :Flabebe: :Floette: :Florges: :Meowstic: :Meowstic-F: :Primarina: :Oricorio: :Ribombee: :Comfey: :Alcremie: :Indeedee-F: :Enamorus: :Enamorus-Therian::Skeledirge: :Fidough: :Dachsbun: :Arboliva: :Fezandipiti:
Mons that get Psychic Noise: :Raichu-Alola: :Jigglypuff: :Wigglytuff: :Venonat: :Venomoth: :Psyduck: :Golduck: :Slowbro: :Slowking: :Slowking-Galar: :Gengar: :Drowzee: :Hypno: :Exeggcute: :Exeggutor: :Exeggutor-Alola: :Lapras: :Articuno-Galar: :Mewtwo: :Mew: :Noctowl: :Yanma: :Yanmega: :Espeon: :Murkrow: :Honchkrow: :Misdreavus: :Mismagius: :Girafarig: :Farigiraf: :Lugia: :Gardevoir: :Grumpig: :Flygon: :Chingling: :Chimecho: :Metang: :Metagross: :Latios: :Jirachi: :Deoxys: :Vespiquen: :Bronzong: :Uxie: :Mesprit: :Gothita: :Gothorita: :Gothitelle: :Reuniclus: :Braviary-Hisui: :Delphox: :Florges: :Espurr: :Meowstic: :Meowstic-F: :Malamar: :Trevenant: :Noivern: :Hoopa: :Primarina: :Ribombee: :Oranguru: :Bruxish: :Toxtricity: :Hatterene: :Indeedee: :Wyrdeer: :Rabsca: :Scream-Tail: :Munkidori: :Iron-Crown:
Mons that get Upper Hand: :Pikachu: :Raichu: :Raichu-Alola: :Poliwrath: :Tyrogue: :Hitmonlee: :Hitmonchan: :Hitmontop: :Mew: :Aipom: :Ambipom: :Heracross: :Sneasel: :Treecko: :Grovyle: :Sceptile: :Blaziken: :Shiftry: :Makuhita: :Hariyama: :Meditite: :Medicham: :Zangoose: :Monferno: :Infernape: :Riolu: :Lucario: :Croagunk: :Toxicroak: :Gallade: :Samurott: :Samurott-Hisui: :Conkeldurr: :Lilligant-Hisui: :Scraggy: :Scrafty: :Mienfoo: :Mienshao: :Cobalion: :Terrakion: :Virizion: :Keldeo: :Greninja: :Talonflame: :Hawlucha: :Decidueye-Hisui: :Crabrawler: :Crabominable: :Lycanroc-Midnight: :Passimian: :Hakamo-o: :Kommo-o: :Falinks: :Sneasler: :Quaquaval: :Spidops: :Pawmo: :Pawmot: :Flamigo: :Okidogi:
Click here for source
Reckless Rhyperior is gonna love having Supercell Slam (assuming it does get the boost similar to hjk)

Also, triple axel mienshao seems interesting

I really thought this thing would be about as big as one of the tapu, rather than the approximate size of a larg epeach
What a funny fella! When was the last time we got a Mythical that had some relevance to a plot previously established in the game? Mythicals with no plot relevance are fun for how creative and unpredictable they get, but I’m glad to see the return of Mythicals being directly tied to the story in some way.

So far it seems like Walking Wake and Iron Leaves are also “Mythical” Pokémon in practice, if not in name. There don’t seem to be static encounters for them, and the Blueberry Dex lists them and Pecharunt after Terapagos.
So much for the hope that the trio (sextet) would just be wandering around the new parts of Area Zero

There's so many annoying aspects to Pokemon availability this generation

e: I guess the closest comparison would be BW1 Zorua/Zoroark, but at least you could breed for those

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)