Rhyperior @ Rockium Z
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
While many of you may disagree with rhyperior over lando, there are a few reasons i use him. his bulk is better and solid rock is a great ability. HIs dual stabs hit everything at least neutrally. and his z move OHKOs tapu bulu, which is a big counter, at +2 and a 2/3s chance without it. Lando cant do that without a boost.

Serperior @ Assault Vest
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ground]
The star of the team. i have av for added bulk, and the moves give him power and longevity.
giga drain gives him recovery, leaf storm boosts his SpA and hp ground gives him coverage for heatran. i have dragon pulse just for dragons because he has no hp ice. u can run hp fire for ferothorn and scizor as without being at +4 serperior can't touch these mons
Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Bulk Up
- Bullet Punch
- Psycho Cut
he just came out and he fits the team well. he can set up on a few mons like ferrothorn and skarm without bb with bulk up. priority with bullet punch and dual stabs give him great coverage. he essentially has 200 base att after huge power and he hits the all important 100 speed tier.

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
a classic set with my personal touch. spore puts a mon to sleep and then he can set up. he has rapid spin for other set up mons if they try and set up against him and has decent longevity because of nobody expecting it. kind of a lure for other set up sweepers too in the way that serperior gets boosts off sticky web if i dont get a chance to rapid spin as he dies too early.

Volcarona @ Life Orb
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Fiery Dance
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Pretty standard like smeargle. Life orb makes attacks stronger. Giga drain gives coverage and lets him shrug off some life orb recoil. fiery dance is used for special attack boost chance and hp ice hits dragons that wall him. firium z can be used at the expense of giving rhyperior weakness policy and can break through walls like chansey better.

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
a pretty standard mon this gen. switches out with u-turn for momentum, water shruiken sand dark pulse for stabs. water shruiken gets buffed after battle bond, hence no other water move. ice beam gives some nice coverage for mons his other moves dont hit well.

3d

Prada shoes cuz she prada me
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
hey cool team i really like your idea of webs + mmedi. while this is a generally solid team ive noticed that this team struggles a lot vs one of the most common pokes in the meta right now, being tapu lele. since this team lacks an actual way to switch into tapu lele, it becomes a huge threat, and its even more annoying since you wont know its set so you're usually playing blind vs it and if you think its scarf and bring in your ash greninja as its locked into psychic, that could be pretty huge for you since you lost your ash greninja. also this team lacks a spin blocker which is pretty much essential for sticky web teams since if you don't have a spinblocker or a way to pressure defog - they can freely just get rid of your hazards with no actual worry. this team also has awful matchup vs stall since stall can feasibly run amoonguss serperior doesn't do any work at all, and sableye+chansey+skarm+duggy/quagsire beats the remaining members. even if stall isn't running amoonguss due to the seperior set chansey and clefable beat it.

anyway moving onto my changes, for a spinblocker you have a multitude of options. firstly you can run gengar > serprior as your z move user and a nice way to annoy stall. however this does worsen your matchup vs tapu koko by a lot so id heavily suggest against it, but rather use a choice scarf set instead. while this isn't an actual switch in for tapu koko its a way to check it outside of sticky webs which it can usually prevent since most kokos run taunt to counterlead smeargle now. this also saves you a z move slot which i had a nice idea for. downsides of losing out on serprior are very minimal since you still have ways to beat everything that serperior was supposed to beat, namely bulky waters with volcarona. gengar also still provides a good offensive presence since a lot of teams don't pack a solid ghost resist and the extra speed can come in handy vs things that aren't effected by webs, most notably celesteela which can pretty much win vs this team if it gets up an autotomize vs say greninja and then giga drain out of ws range, but not shadow ball range. trick on gengar can also help lure in chansey on stall giving you a nice way to put more pressure with ash greninja.

my next change would be to change volcarona to defiant flynium z thundurus-i. when you first hear of this set it might seem like a dumb gimmick but is actually a legit set and has gotten tournament usage. the main point of this set is to lure in pesky tangrowths, which are most bulkyoffense teams only ash ninja counter, for your ash greninja to clean up with dark pulse, and break holes through the team in general. with flynium z, tangrowth easily falls to thunderbolt + z fly 100% of the time from full with 16 attack even if you get 2 min rolls. this also gives you a way to stop celesteela dead in its tracks if it tries to setup as thundurus can live any hit, even after stealth rock. since you now have a really nice way to lure in tangrowth you can now run hydro pump on ash gren to hit tapu lele so much harder. regarding tapu lele, sludge wave on this can easily ohko it and scarf sets cant even outspeed you under webs, and this coupled with gengar pretty much help this team a lot v lele. also, thundurus-i can still pressure bulky waters which is what you could have lost from by replacing volcarona and serperior but with this you can check the most common bulky water in tapu fini.

for my final change, i suggest running banded zygarde over rhyperior. earlier i mentioned how big of an issue stall is and i was wondering what could actually break stall without relying on zmove. the first thing that came to my mind was banded zygarde, and it fits really well on this team. firstly it benefits so much from sticky webs as it can now literally destroy offense with banded tarrows, AND you have thundurus-i to lure in one of the only switchins to it being tangrowth, and greninja to check offensive vairents. this team tears through stall since it can literally get a kill every time it comes in if stealth rock are up. since getting sr up is so important, running skill swap over rapid spin on smeargle. with skill swap you can easily getup rocks vs stall and as they try to go into their skarmory you can spore it for free getting your zygarde in and letting it do a lot of work. rapid spin isn't too big of a deal rn since you don't have volcarona anymore and thundy isnt completely shut down if sr goes up. losing out on rhyperior doesn't actually matter since you have a much better ground type and a good way to lure in bulu via iron tail.

also changing the mmedi set to fake out / hjk / zen headbutt / ice punch is a lot better since it can pressure fat scizor/tang/toxapex cores much better, and lure in defensive landorus-t for zygarde.

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Iron Tail

Thundurus (M) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fly
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Skill Swap

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Focus Blast

Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

Last edited:
hey cool team i really like your idea of webs + mmedi. while this is a generally solid team ive noticed that this team struggles a lot vs one of the most common pokes in the meta right now, being tapu lele. since this team lacks an actual way to switch into tapu lele, it becomes a huge threat, and its even more annoying since you wont know its set so you're usually playing blind vs it and if you think its scarf and bring in your ash greninja as its locked into psychic, that could be pretty huge for you since you lost your ash greninja. also this team lacks a spin blocker which is pretty much essential for sticky web teams since if you don't have a spinblocker or a way to pressure defog - they can freely just get rid of your hazards with no actual worry. this team also has awful matchup vs stall since stall can feasibly run amoonguss serperior doesn't do any work at all, and sableye+chansey+skarm+duggy/quagsire beats the remaining members. even if stall isn't running amoonguss due to the seperior set chansey and clefable beat it.

anyway moving onto my changes, for a spinblocker you have a multitude of options. firstly you can run gengar > serprior as your z move user and a nice way to annoy stall. however this does worsen your matchup vs tapu koko by a lot so id heavily suggest against it, but rather use a choice scarf set instead. while this isn't an actual switch in for tapu koko its a way to check it outside of sticky webs which it can usually prevent since most kokos run taunt to counterlead smeargle now. this also saves you a z move slot which i had a nice idea for. downsides of losing out on serprior are very minimal since you still have ways to beat everything that serperior was supposed to beat, namely bulky waters with volcarona. gengar also still provides a good offensive presence since a lot of teams don't pack a solid ghost resist and the extra speed can come in handy vs things that aren't effected by webs, most notably celesteela which can pretty much win vs this team if it gets up an autotomize vs say greninja and then giga drain out of ws range, but not shadow ball range. trick on gengar can also help lure in chansey on stall giving you a nice way to put more pressure with ash greninja.

my next change would be to change volcarona to defiant flynium z thundurus-i. when you first hear of this set it might seem like a dumb gimmick but is actually a legit set and has gotten tournament usage. the main point of this set is to lure in pesky tangrowths, which are most bulkyoffense teams only ash ninja counter, for your ash greninja to clean up with dark pulse, and break holes through the team in general. with flynium z, tangrowth easily falls to thunderbolt + z fly 100% of the time from full with 16 attack even if you get 2 min rolls. this also gives you a way to stop celesteela dead in its tracks if it tries to setup as thundurus can live any hit, even after stealth rock. since you now have a really nice way to lure in tangrowth you can now run hydro pump on ash gren to hit tapu lele so much harder. regarding tapu lele, sludge wave on this can easily ohko it and scarf sets cant even outspeed you under webs, and this coupled with gengar pretty much help this team a lot v lele. also, thundurus-i can still pressure bulky waters which is what you could have lost from by replacing volcarona and serperior but with this you can check the most common bulky water in tapu fini.

for my final change, i suggest running banded zygarde over rhyperior. earlier i mentioned how big of an issue stall is and i was wondering what could actually break stall without relying on zmove. the first thing that came to my mind was banded zygarde, and it fits really well on this team. firstly it benefits so much from sticky webs as it can now literally destroy offense with banded tarrows, AND you have thundurus-i to lure in one of the only switchins to it being tangrowth, and greninja to check offensive vairents. this team tears through stall since it can literally get a kill every time it comes in if stealth rock are up. since getting sr up is so important, running skill swap over rapid spin on smeargle. with skill swap you can easily getup rocks vs stall and as they try to go into their skarmory you can spore it for free getting your zygarde in and letting it do a lot of work. rapid spin isn't too big of a deal rn since you don't have volcarona anymore and thundy isnt completely shut down if sr goes up. losing out on rhyperior doesn't actually matter since you have a much better ground type and a good way to lure in bulu via iron tail.

also changing the mmedi set to fake out / hjk / zen headbutt / ice punch is a lot better since it can pressure fat scizor/tang/toxapex cores much better, and lure in defensive landorus-t for zygarde.

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Iron Tail

Thundurus (M) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fly
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Skill Swap

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Focus Blast

Timid Nature
- Water Shuriken
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn

Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
thx for the advice on the team i was thinking of replacing the zygarde with a double dance lando i like these sets though i use bullet punch over fake out as it can be used if a faster mon comes in that is low on hp and a lot of those sets are pretty interesting like the physical z move on thundurus it is surprisingly close to a set i was using with my dnite. i have been using another team in the rain and it would definitely have thundurus if he had hurricane access. ill put up the team soon ive joined my 1st tourney and im bringing the rain team but i will try this out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)