CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 1b

What should the base type of our new Pokemon be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see a ghost/fighting poke =) Just don't give it close combat.. Maybe a focus puncher with hypnotis, focus punch, shadow claw/punch, substitute =) Or something..

A electric plant would be cool as well!

I don't why we are fighting over which type, we should just use a Grass/Ghost. That way it covers both of what people want. I love those typing they should have made those from the start.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't why we are fighting over which type, we should just use a Grass/Ghost. That way it covers both of what people want. I love those typing they should have made those from the start.
na. grass ghost is a bad typeing, lots of weaknesses and only a few resists. it also has bad STAB both resisted by steel. though it would be interesting. i would prefer grass/electic grass/fire grass/steel or ghost/fire ghost/fight ghost/ice ghost/ground or many other types to ghost/grass.

also grass is wining! yay!

If Ghost ends up winning this, please make a note on the next poll that the Ghost/Steel typing will not have Levitate, no matter what, to prevent people from voting for it solely for that reason.

Also, while Grass/Ghost is probably the easiest combination to come up with a design for, it's not that exciting of a typing. Come on Grass/Fire or Grass/Electric!

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If Ghost ends up winning this, please make a note on the next poll that the Ghost/Steel typing will not have Levitate, no matter what, to prevent people from voting for it solely for that reason.
i will have to disagree, though many senior members of "create a pokemon" have echoed this idea of levitate being broken on certen pokemon i think that it would be wrong to exlude it on that basis. we should let everyone vote for what they like, most smogoners will be able to see that a ghost/steel W levitate could be made to be extremely broken, so will not vote for it. also compare it to bronzong with its 2 abilitys it has NO sure weaknesses, if we give it unbriliant (but ok) defencive AND ofencive stats, say somethigng on the lines of 110/80/70/95/60/40 or 60/40/100/75/100/80 it would not be overpowered i sat ability should be chosen before stats so we can fit the stats around the ability, its easyer than the other way round.

Also, while Grass/Ghost is probably the easiest combination to come up with a design for, it's not that exciting of a typing. Come on Grass/Fire or Grass/Electric!
yea those types would be cool, also grass/steel would be good. grass electric would be the best though. /fire second

ok this is not conclusive and unless suddenly everyone starts voting for one of them, idk how we can reach a consesnsus at this rate.

if you want my opinion, make a new poll with

grass/fire
grass/electric
grass/dragon
ghost/steel
ghost/normal
ghost/fighting

Hyra already said Dragon won't be in any typing poll so that only leaves Grass/Ghost, Grass/Normal, Grass/Steel, and I think that's it for Grass/Anything not combined with it yet.

No, people want a ghost/normal for whatever absurd reasons.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Voting Grass because the idea of a physical Grass/Steel or a offensive Grass/Fire pokémon is too good to be tossed out the window.

Oh man I just tied it up. (voted for Ghost)

I wouldn't mind either winning though.

For Ghosts, Ghost/Steel and Ghost/Fighting are amazing.

And for Grass, Grass/Fire is decent, but Grass/Steel is probably the best.

Bull of Heaven

I voted Ghost, and put it one point behind Grass. Someone else vote for it. Now.

I think I might vote for Ghost/Steel if Ghost wins, but I'm hoping to get some kind of sweeper, not the infamous ubertank. It has the best chance of beating Ghost/Normal and Ghost/Fighting.

Grass/Fire? I'd rather have Ghost/Fire. If you want Fire, vote for Ghost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)