CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 2b

What should the type of our new Pokemon be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, next pokemon is going to be grass/dragon
i can see it now, a green rampardos with tropius leaf wings on its back

How's that for original typing?

Shsh. Just because we get off topic doesn't mean everyone else can too.

Anyways, the next poll will be posted sometime tomorrow afternoon. I don't have enough time in the morning to write as indepth a post as I want to for the next one.

Yeahhhh Ghost/Fight!

This makes me very happy lol.

Looking for a Starmie-esque sweeper, maybe base speed 130 and relatively weak defenses

Close Combat?
What main STAB mves we gonna give it? Aura Sphere???????

Shadow Ball/Claw??????????

Isn't a Ghost/Fighting the perfect chance to increase Aura Sphere users from 2 to 3? (I voted grass, incidentally)

That will be one advantage to giving this pokemon some special capabilities when we go to debate its role...however, in the end I suspect infringing on what may somewhat be Lucario's signature move would be pointless if we don't decide to give this enough special attack to dent Blissey.

Ghost/Fighting - It will probably end up human shaped in some way. Just make Master Hand from Smash Bros with a face somewhere on it. At least that would be amusing looking (and copyright infringing)

Also, is this process supposed to be designed around making a pokemon that can beat something (Blissey), or is that just what everyone thinks about here?

Ghost/Fighting - It will probably end up human shaped in some way. Just make Master Hand from Smash Bros with a face somewhere on it. At least that would be amusing looking (and copyright infringing)

Also, is this process supposed to be designed around making a pokemon that can beat something (Blissey), or is that just what everyone thinks about here?

As far as design goes...the main thing I would see Ghost/Fighting as (besides the kung-fu phantom thing we were looking at for Banette) is some warrior that's been training thousands of years even after it became a ghost, or something along those lines. Aesthetically, I like the ideas that Ghost/Grass brings to the table a lot more.

last 70% or so of the posts said:
BAWWWWWWWWWWW MY THING DIDN'T MAKE IT THIS THING IS BROKEN!!!11

GET THE FUCK OVER IT

your stuff lost and thats final.

anyways i say all the people who are whining about this souldn't get a say in the next poll

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I love how we're all getting up and over ourselves because a particular type is winning out. :/

Seriously, I'm not gonna die and shit myself if and when Ghost/Grass doesn't win. There's still enough weaknesses there to contend with and nothing is unstoppable. I will follow this all the way to end as I've done with Syclant. If I'm lucky, I might be privileged enough to help bring this guy to life as well.

I'm already trying to figure out some neat concepts that go beyond a "lol undead warrior" type pokemon. There's soooo many things we can do with this type visually that it's quite fun.

I'll say again, I liked how the polls were ran. Reducing from 10 to 5 to 2 choices was excellent and were very representative.

A ghostly hand or fist would make a fucking sweet Ghost/Fight. I've seen a few arts (yes, the plural :] ) depicting this already and it rocks faces.

Seriously, I'm not gonna die and shit myself if and when Ghost/Grass doesn't win.
Thank god, because we need your spriting abilities.

Grass. Has to be grass.
Um, about that.... Sort of not going to happen by the looks of things. Unless someone really does go out and assemble an army of hobos to register on smogon for the sake of voting.

I've been working on my own rendition, which is simply put as a Gastly with fists. But you all will see soon enough when Hyra posts the art competition. But I have to say, I really hope this is a physical pokemon.

Medicham dies and is reincarnated as a Medicham... GHOST EDITION.
Seriously, a giant, floating, fucking ANGER FIST would be the ultimate in Ghost/Fight ass-kicking.

Ever hear of the Scarf?

There was once a guy who met a beautiful girl at college with a long flowing scarf around her neck. Eventually, the two started dating, but every time they dated, the girl wore the same exact scarf. Eventually, he asked, why do you always wear that scarf? The girl ignored the question several times, but eventually said "You'll learn eventually". The young girl soon got sick, and the guy visited the girl. She said "My time is up, the doctor said I won't last the rest of today. Here, untie my scarf".

And when the guy untied her scarf, her head fell off. The scarf was the only thing keeping her head together.

Hmm.... that doesn't sound so scary >_>, but it freaked me out when I was a little kid for some reason. It was my first ghost story. Anyway, with that said, I was thinking of a Ghost Pokemon based on this story. It works quite well with at least Ghost / Fighting because of Whip Chain techniques that can be based off of the scarf.

Hmm... decided to google it... wow, people have heard of this story before and there are adaptations o.O. Good to know I wasn't imagining it or something.

-------

Also, we can go about this from the weapon forward. Hitmonchan has fists, Lee has kicks, Gallade uses Tonfas... even non-fighting pokemon like Scyther were probably influenced from Kama.

A ghost fencer wouldn't be so bad now that I think of it. There aren't any pokemon based off of sword-play yet, right? It'd be nice to have one that can actually dance with Swords :-p

A Ghost/Fighting based on scarves.....I like it. I always had this image of a being/entity made entirely of scarves, all formed together to give it the appearance of a soild body when really it was either hollow or nothing but more scarves. Could never draw upon it, not I could draw anyway.

I see it as a haunter looking thing, such as a split evo. Kinda like it having boxing glovesxD

I really can't see anything for Grass/ghost other then a tree or somthing.

Dragon:We have farfetch'd, close enough

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Going with Ghost/Grass. Supporting and Wallish sets with T-wave, W-o-W and Leech Seed, baby. Plus, I'll enjoy designing it a bit more than Ghost/Fighting (which to be fair is pretty unique as well). I'm sure it's not that far behind.

EDIT: Goddammit, it's behind by a large amount. That's the second time that happened. I missed the second poll vote, but it wouldn't have mattered at that point. Oh well, I have two designs set up for Ghost/Fighting already, and I'm devising a few more. I'm going with an unconventional approach for some of them, though they'll be very interesting. One of them will look like a totally different type though >_>

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
That scarf story reminded me of a Dullahan wanting to fit in with its buddies. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)