CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 2b

What should the type of our new Pokemon be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That scarf story reminded me of a Dullahan wanting to fit in with its buddies. :(
What buddies? He's a headless horseman that rides a headless horse and appears when it's your time...who's he hanging out with? I'm having a funny feeling that when it comes time for the art competetion, your version of the typing be based on it.

Edit: lol whut, some Ghost/Fighter(s)?

Ghost/Fight, why ?
Because:
1- Cool combo.
2- SR, Normal resist, maybe EQ with Levitate.
3- It'd be like the spirit of a warrior or something, which is very cool.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
What buddies? He's a headless horseman that rides a headless horse and appears when it's your time...who's he hanging out with? I'm having a funny feeling that when it comes time for the art competetion, your version of the typing be based on it.
K, time for me to come up with a new design then. :(

junior

jet fuel can't melt steel beams
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Aww hells yeah! Ghost and Fighting seems to be a lot more popular since the last pole and leading by a great amount. ^__^

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Haunted Marionette seems to be the only thing that strikes me to fit the typing but then we go back to the shuppet Evo.

Still, looking forward to what the artists cook up.

Now that i think about it, a Ghost/Fighting Medicharm evo (or Meditite split evo) that didn't have Pure Pow- oh wait, we're not doing a new evo here... well screw that idea.

If your crazy about Ghost/Fighting being broken - well, im not, but for those who are - just give it stats similar to Absol, give it a Flareon-like physical movepool and give it Pressure as its only ability. Problem solved.

Regarding the base stats: Whether the role is sweeper, defender, physical, special, whatever, I'd really, really want to have decently low base stats. something in between 505 and 530. And with no crazy distributions like "HORRIBLE HP / CRAZY Att /HORRIBLE Def / CRAZY SAtt / HORRIBLE SDef /CRAZY Spd". That's easy to do. The typing does already give it a good advantage, let's make it balanced enough with the stats.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
whell ghost/fight has pretty much won, i doubt /grass will get an extra 14% so shoud we start the art thread soon/now?

also i think that people in the art thread should be able to do evo's of existing pokemon if they want, like the banette evo or meditate split evo thats been talked about.

what do other people think about that?

Regarding the base stats: Whether the role is sweeper, defender, physical, special, whatever, I'd really, really want to have decently low base stats. something in between 505 and 530. And with no crazy distributions like "HORRIBLE HP / CRAZY Att /HORRIBLE Def / CRAZY SAtt / HORRIBLE SDef /CRAZY Spd". That's easy to do. The typing does already give it a good advantage, let's make it balanced enough with the stats.
Would this fit?:
HP: 85
Atk: 100
Def: 85
Sp.Atk: 95
Sp.Def: 85
Spd: 80
That's make it 530 total, having nice Atk, Sp.Def, ok defenses, ok HP, semi-ok spd.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
Haunted Marionette seems to be the only thing that strikes me to fit the typing but then we go back to the shuppet Evo.

Still, looking forward to what the artists cook up.
Word. Not only the design, but the role and the typing itself and the stat distribution all reminds me of the idea of creating a Banette evo.

It's like people who voted for the "create a brand new pokémon" simply disappeared and gave the chance for us pro-evo people to brainstorm in this thread...

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Word. Not only the design, but the role and the typing itself and the stat distribution all reminds me of the idea of creating a Banette evo.
i kinda agree, i voted new pokemon. but i say we should have some art for both new pokes and evo's.

It's like people who voted for the "create a brand new pokémon" simply disappeared and gave the chance for us pro-evo people to brainstorm in this thread...

please do this...

...and start the next poll, this is demoralizing

Mario With Lasers

Maybe we/you should set up a max of... about 550 stats all in all...
People complain because Syclant's stats are too damn high (even if the defenses are low), so I say something like 520 BST is the best for this Fighting man. I mean, it doesn't even has SR weakness, unlike Syclant -_-

Mario With Lasers

just count that up:
105/25/105/105/100/80
Uber.
Ridiculously low stats along with ridiculously high stats aren't really used in Pokémon, Deoxys-A and N being the exceptions. Something along the lines of... 75/115/75/85/85/90? 525 Base Total.

Lol wtf it's Dusknoir's BST, Banette evo all over again...

Yeah, something along the lines of MWL's stat's. Tough enough that it can make decent use of it's amazing resists but not be a real beefy tank, and attack high enough that it's a decent attacking threat but there are still things that can switch in somewhat safely. Enough special attack that it could run a "novelty" special attacking set (possibly with Nasty Plot/CM) that can surprise some counters would be interesting, as well.

Now, something else I was thinking about - would our pokemon have Close Combat? Given that this really has the potential to be overpowered (of course, that also completely depends on other factors that haven't been decided yet, so eh), I could see it without CC, and there are plenty of other good fighting moves. I'd almost like to see that more, since I prefer having a few options to play with (the crit chance of Cross Chop or the slightly higher accuracy of Sky Uppercut?). Giving it a slightly higher attack but not CC would increase the viability of other moves that we might give it as well. It'd also be a bit strange to have one STAB at 120 BP while the other is at 60/70, though that's really less of a concern.

Wouldn't giving something as bulky as a Metagross Close Combat be somewhat counter-productive? I mean CC decrease the users defenses, something a bulky attacker like Gross for example take for granted. I'm not saying we should/shouldn't give it Close Combat but I'm just saying at times certain attacks seem to balance a mon on their own...sorta. Personally I like MwL set thought I would have took five points off Sp. Atk and added onto defense. Why? Because I'm weird like that and 75/80/85 seem like a neat little hp/def/sp.def thing to have.

I also want to ask if we going to take another try at some signature moves on some of these pokemon?

Random stuff that traditional happen for ghost and fighting types

1.No fighting type does not have humanoid form

2.Three fighting types Medicham 60,Poliwrath 85,Hitmontop 95 with base attack below 100.

3.They are 3 ghost that are not primarily purple or black.Shednija,Frolass, and Rotom.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
give him shadow force and shadow sneak, and then give him low kick and mach punch. and the elemental fangs. not broken because you can easilly switch in blissey on the shadow force.

KoA

is an Artist
You know, I did always want another poke to use Shadow Force. It was a cool move.

KoA

is an Artist
You know, I did always want another poke to use Shadow Force. It was a cool move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)