Not open for further replies.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
I'm pretty sure it won't win anyway, so I won't be fiddling anymore with it. :/

KoA

is an Artist
Oh, that guy. I totally forgot about him at first.

If marionette wins, I'll do that then.

KoA

is an Artist
Oops, I didn't even check the votes. :x

Alot can change by this time tomorrow.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
whaaaaa? where did the mummy come from???? oh well, i like all three personally so i really dont care which one wins.

Ran with the mummy... ...still in two minds about the whole thing... ...but... Oh well, there aren't really any other options here.

Lol! Look out, naturalistic fallacies are creeping into Create-A-Pokemon! We're all doomed!
Your sarcasm couldn't have said it any better. Besides that the other two designs are rather ugh, cliche for a lack of a better word.

I voted for DJD's Djinn. It's not bad (although little too much gold imho :P) but atleast has some part of fighting in it.

I'm personally happy with either of the non-puppet designs. I went with the mummy because it was ahead and I didn't want to make it harder for it to beat I-Can't-Believe-It's-Not-Banette. We should definitely use that to make a Banette evo later, though.

GAY GIBDO POWEEEEERRRRRR

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bingo. I didn't really think that a defensive Ghost/Fight was drawn but the mummy is the closest.
How is the mummy the closest again? Mummies are inherently weak, they're thousands of years old for God's sake and they're made of decaying flesh/cloth. How is something like that supposed to take a hit? I could never see a mummy Pokemon doing anything but falling to dust against a Heracross Megahorn (One of the moves this pokemon is supposed to be a counter for).
Doug's, however, exudes a sense of might, of raw power. It's definately bulky, and in my opinion is the only one who could accurately represent our base stats.

Also, I don't know what you all are talking about. It looks just as much like a pokemon as does Giritina/Tyranitar/Palkia/Dialga so I don't see what the problem is. It's not supposed to look cute and cuddly. Does Dusknoir look cute? Hell no! But it's a pokemon nonetheless. Plus I was skeptical with Syclant in drawing form, but I felt it translated into a sprite very well. I have faith that DJD will do the same with this one.

Also I think it could easily hold the special Intimidate that was thought of in the Art discussion. I am a big fan of the proposed ability, and Djinn looks like he could use it.

Vote Djinn!

I gotta go with the dijin modeling, which I kinda feel bad for, now that I think about, inst very ghostly, but I love the style.
I love the mummy, but I keep thinking it should be ground ghost and not a fighting ghost.

Someone earlier said the puppet, just looks plain ghost, and I have to just agree with that thought 100%. I like that thought with the "I-can't believe-it's-not-banette." Shame the monk didn't get into the top 3, and the nunchuk ghost didn't get into the top ten. Either way, this is just a fun thread to watch.

I think it is the Gold Rings that throw it off. Also the torso is definatly a person just with no eyes and mouth. It is too humanized. I know what you are thinking: Machamp is a human. 4 arms + a huge frog mout and 2 toes isn't human. I know, No eyes, mouth or legs isn't human either, well is it a heckuva lot closer. Maybe a shadowy tail over the gold rings and a less humanized body?

I think it is the Gold Rings that throw it off. Also the torso is definatly a person just with no eyes and mouth. It is too humanized. I know what you are thinking: Machamp is a human. 4 arms + a huge frog mout and 2 toes isn't human. I know, No eyes, mouth or legs isn't human either, well is it a heckuva lot closer. Maybe a shadowy tail over the gold rings and a less humanized body?
What about adding a little more death-ish ness to the dijin...some rot? Though it wouldn't cross over to the spriteing that well, what about rusting the rings? Sorry, just thinking.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's a frickin' Genie! What do you want from it? It looks exactly how it should look. Also, to that person who said Machamp... lets look at the things that differentiate it from a human.

1. Four limbs
2. "Frog mouth" as you so elequantly put it.
3. Those ridge things on its head.
4. Color

So that's four things that make it not human.

Now let's look at Djinn.

1. No face whatsoever
2. No legs
3. Golden Rings
4. Color

That's.... oh my god, four things!
It's not "too human" to be a pokemon. Let's bring up other pokemon who are too human and tell them they shouldn't exist. I'm looking at you Gardevoir/Gallede/Mr. Mime/Hitmonchan/Jynx/you get the picture.

This thing oozes "I'm a pokemon" so stop saying it doesn't.

It's a frickin' Genie! What do you want from it? It looks exactly how it should look. Also, to that person who said Machamp... lets look at the things that differentiate it from a human.

1. Four limbs That's pretty damn in-human
2. "Frog mouth" as you so elequantly put it. Same...
3. Those ridge things on its head. Same....
4. Color Same....

So that's four things that make it not human.

Now let's look at Djinn.

1. No face whatsoever Point?
2. No legs It's a Djiin, but those things are normally human like/based, so it doesn't even matter.
3. Golden Rings Have you ever seen a ghetto pokemon before? No, the gold rings [minus the ones on his hands] are unessecary [Sp.?] and make it look so un-pokemonish
4. Color The color is actually pretty close to a human pigmintation.

That's.... oh my god, four things! 4 things too many.
It's not "too human" to be a pokemon. Let's bring up other pokemon who are too human and tell them they shouldn't exist. I'm looking at you Gardevoir/Gallede/Mr. Mime/Hitmonchan/Jynx/you get the picture.

Gallade: Its waist is highly disproportionate to its body. So inhuman. Has no feet whatsoever, just stumps. Has whiskers...Has a helmet that is attached to its head. It has swords coming out of its arms....<_<;

Gardevoir: It has no legs to begin with. It's body is a skirt...

Mr.Mime: Ok, so this one is a bit Humanish. But, not at all like the Djiin. Has makeup and enough detail to draw the eye away from the human form. The Djiin is obviously a human.

Hitmonchan: Built in Shoulder plates and a spiked head?

Jynx: No feet again. No visiable body or neck. For all we know it has no body and is just a floating dress.

And yeah, the point I see is that there is no very noticable Human-shaped Pokemon. I mean the ones you listed are obviously Human, but think about it. The Djiin, even though no face, is VERY Humanish. If you were to encounter it in the wild, you would say "WTF? A trainer with no Pokemon? Shouldn't it have Pokemon? Wait, but where are the legs? Oh its a Pokemon? Seriously? I thought I saw this guy in a Marvel comic once. Weird." That would be some kids response without seeing this poll. And not a lot of kids that play Pokemon are on here. See my point? It really doesn't look like a Pokemon. I suggest a Ghost gym leader from another Dimension, but a Pokemon, no.

This thing oozes "I'm a pokemon" so stop saying it doesn't. I am allowed to state my opinion as you are to contridict and state your own opinion. You can't tell me to stop saying what i believe.

Dammit, I can't believe I forgot to vote before the first poll closed. And my favorite (kana) is gone...

Anyways, while I think I might like the Marionette best based on overall aesthetic appeal, this post describes why it's not getting my vote:
maybe people realised it looks more like a bannette evo, it doesn't look slow, it doesn't look like it should be part fighting and its design really does not warrant the high defences.
I'm going for the Djinn. Of the 3, it's easily the most defensive looking, and I like it's overall design better than the mummy.

Can someone please re-post the pictures? I don't seem to be able to see any of them...In this topic, or the other one.

It was a close call between Both KoA's designs, but I ended up choosing the mummy because I don't like the random bar thing the marionette has. I know marionettes need strings, but I just think it could be designed... better?

How is the mummy the closest again? Mummies are inherently weak, they're thousands of years old for God's sake and they're made of decaying flesh/cloth. How is something like that supposed to take a hit? I could never see a mummy Pokemon doing anything but falling to dust against a Heracross Megahorn (One of the moves this pokemon is supposed to be a counter for).
We're talking about fictional mummies here. Like the mummies from DnD who can take blunt trauma up the wazoo and not give a shit. Like the ones who can punch through a brick wall. That kind of mummy.

Okay. People shut up about the this looks/ doesn't look like a Pokemon. You will never convince the other side and there is no standard for what a Pokemon is and isn't. It's not good discussion at all.

What good discussion would be: POSSIBLE abilities for any of these three Pokemon. I devoted most of my though to the Kana (perfect opportunity for special intimidate). Also, I want some original ideas, not levitate/pressure/guts (aka the most whored ability for these two types).

I could see the Djinn getting No Guard. The entire back story actually screams No Guard, but that makes this even more eerily similar to Machamp.

I've said it before, but Insomnia isn't overpowered and thematically makes sense, though Vital Spirit would work better with the Djinn. Immunity would make a good second ability for the mummy (you cannot poison zombies) and possibly the Djinn as well.

If the mummy wins, I think an ability giving it immunity to status except for burn would fit character. I don't think it's very broken. This Pogey is mostly physical based? In that case, burn would severely hamper its attacking abilities anyhow. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)