CAP 2 Smogon "Create a Pokemon" Part Deux: Poll 6b

What should our new Pokemon look like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another ability we should consider is Levitate. Yes, it is a OU ability and yes, it might be too strong (Levitate + Taunt = crying hippo), but he is floating, so we shouldn't disregard it from the start.

Goodbye Skarmbliss and helloooooo Mumbliss

Another ability we should consider is Levitate. Yes, it is a OU ability and yes, it might be too strong (Levitate + Taunt = crying hippo), but he is floating, so we shouldn't disregard it from the start.
True...he already justify Levitate enough though. Also seeing Hippo cry as he can't do shit to him is pretty funny.

I didn't vote cause none of these resembles a ghost/fighting pokemon :<
If we give it legs, more "ruff and gruff", and made it look like a kung-fu mummy would that make everyone happy? =/
Going to keep quoting that for a while.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
When I designed Mummy (Who is yet unnamed, I'll work on that later on, I guess. :/), three moves instantly suck out at me from the start: Heal Block, Mean Look, and Scary Face.

Obviously, you wouldn't want all three in the same set, but either of them at once would be an excellent choice of a move. Mean Look those nasty Ninjasks/Other BPers and continue wailing on them. (No Ninjask carries Aerial Ace anymore, but I can predict an increase in its usage over X-Scizzor) Blissey? Lesse how well you like being trapped while your attacks do next to nothing and I shed away your lol Toxics, also lol you can't Softboil now.

I would personally run a Mean Look set if it comes to fruition. He would also be one of the few viable pokemon to use Heal Block well.

As for my vote. I'm sorry MArionette, but Mummy takes the cake. Do not fret, we will not forget your memory.

Is there anyway to justify Shadow Tag on the mummy. I'm dead serious about this suggestion as something about it and our bandage boy seem to click. Evil stare or something?

KoA

is an Artist
lol, that might be pushing it a bit, methinks. As much as it would fit flavorwise with the whole Gibdo stare, I really think Mean Look should be his only trapping move. D:

lol, that might be pushing it a bit, methinks. As much as it would fit flavorwise with the whole Gibdo stare, I really think Mean Look should be his only trapping move. D:
True but still, it would be most funny to in on a CC locked Hercross and utterly rape it as you bulk-up to God level and smash it.

When I designed Mummy (Who is yet unnamed, I'll work on that later on, I guess. :/), three moves instantly suck out at me from the start: Heal Block, Mean Look, and Scary Face.
I was thinking about Glare as a character move.

Shadow Tag is a bit much indeed, but it would be funny to see Heracross become almost BL.

Shadow Tag is a huge no, for painfully obvious reasons >_>

Shed Skin and Insomnia I could both see working, as well as Dry Skin. I actually like Dry Skin a lot, as it'd give the our pokemon more defensive merit but give it another weakness as well. More variability without being overpowered is always a plus in my book. All 3 of those abilities are a bit lacking in OU-level pokes capable of using them well, so I'd rather see them than something that's really overused.

EDIT: Actually, Dry Skin would change Gyara from a counter to one of the worst things you could switch in...in retrospect, maybe not such a great idea.

Levitate...well, I'd rather not see it since it's thrown on half of ghosts as it is, but it'd work if we can't think of anything better. Same goes for Pressure.

Aftermath doesn't seem to make sense, this isn't a balloon like Drifblim.

EDIT: Actually, Dry Skin would change Gyara from a counter to one of the worst things you could switch in...in retrospect, maybe not such a great idea.
Well, Gyarados could still Ice Fang, Earthquake, or Stone Edge. He's still a fine counter, he'd just have to know which move to use. Infact, if his other ability was good enough, he'd have to guess as to which was used (like some people do with Bronzong and his fire/ground resistance ability potential).

Stone Edge is by far the most common secondary attack on Gyarados these days, so Gyarados's best offensive option would be a 50 BP move against something with 90/90 defenses, which means he's not going to be doing significant damage without a huge amount of boosting. Ice Fang is just slightly more powerful, but still is hardly going to scratch. The mummy, on the other hand, can probably 3HKO with Rock Slide. Earthquake might do some damage, but again, won't deal significant damage without boosting. Moreover, we're trying to make this something that's countered by Gyara, not the other way around.

Moreover, we're trying to make this something that's countered by Gyara, not the other way around.
Oh, didn't realize this. Thought it was supposed to be the new Skarmory or Gliscor, in a sense (physical wall). In that case... somehow make Rock Slide not compatible with Dry Skin (similar to Breloom not being able to use Thunder Punch with Effect Spore).

lv1 - pound
lv1 - defense curl
lv4 - sand attack
lv10 - astonish
lv14 - karate chop
lv18 - glare
lv21 - confuse ray

lv26 - scary face
lv32 - curse
lv37 - shadow punch
lv44 - ancient power
lv49 - shadow ball
lv57 - hammer arm
lv66 - heal block

egg moves: spite, grudge, snatch, punishment, shadow sneak, bone rush, sand tomb, dizzy punch, smog, knock off, mach punch, vacuum wave, ominous wind, superpower

tms:
tm1 - focus punch
tm6 - toxic
tm8 - bulk up
tm10 - hidden power
tm11 - sunny day
tm12 -taunt
tm15 - hyper beam
tm17 - protect
tm20 - safeguard
tm21 - frustration
tm27 - return
tm30 - shadow ball
tm31 - brick break
tm32 - double team
tm39 - rock tomb
tm40 - aerial ace
tm41 - torment
tm44 - rest
tm45 - attract
tm46 - thief
tm56 - fling
tm58 - endure
tm60 - drain punch
tm62 - silver wind
tm63 - embargo
tm66 - payback
tm68 - giga impact
tm70 - flash
tm79 - dark pulse
tm80 - rockslide (by popular demand)
tm82 - sleep talk
tm83 - natural gift
tm90 - substitute
tm92 - trick room
hm4 - strength
hm6 - rock smash
hm8 - rock climb

also posting to say that i don't like giving this thing ice attacks. and if we are, then give it icy wind...which would be a less threatening option off of the less than stellar spAtk base power, and the speed lowering side affect could come in quite handy.

I really want the Mummy to have its surface skin as a major feature point. Having Shed Skin and Dry Skin as abilities would be a nice idea, as well as featruing skin related techniques, such as Harden.

In that case... somehow make Rock Slide not compatible with Dry Skin (similar to Breloom not being able to use Thunder Punch with Effect Spore).
That's because Thunder Punch is a Emerald Move Tutor move, so that'll be a little difficult.

Dry Skin seemed like a nice option at first, but I think there are abilities that suit him better and making him capable to easily take on Gyarados/Suicune and all the Pokémon it could already take on is too much. A Water immunity gives him so much more stalling power, than a Fire weak takes away (only Infernape?) that it's not really fair.

KoA

is an Artist
Someone suggested Rough Skin, and that could be a good choice as well. :)

Can we make this mon unique, possibly? I mean, Syclant was cool, but it fitted the same old mold as every other pokemon.

Using an effect like Wormadam would be excellent. I was thinking: same typing for all, but a possibility of 3 different abilities, and the sprite would be coloured very slightly different for each one.

A Dry Skin Mummy: has yellow, quite sort of tanned skin.
A Rough Skin Mummy: has darker, almost grey skin.
A Shed Skin Mummy: has pure white, unblemished skin.

Each form could have very slightly different movesets, while remaining the same pokemon. That way, say, Rough Skin could have Shadow Sneak, Shed Skin Mach Punch, and Dry Skin Bullet Punch, and you have to have a certain ability paired with certain moves.

What ya think?

Interesting idea, and would allow for a Dry Skin ability while removing Rock Slide from it's moveset. The main problem though, is then he'd have to have a base form. Perhaps it could work like this:

Movesets are the same from 1-30 (or some arbitrary number), and then has a chance to "evolve" into another form depending on location.

Base Form: Shed Skin Mummy. If hits level 30 (or whatever number) on land outside, in normal weather, it stays in this form forever.

Sand Form: Dry Skin Mummy. If hits level 30 (or whatever number) outside, in a sandstorm or sunny day weather, it changes into this form forever.

RAW Form: Rough Skin Mummy. If hits levle 30 (or whatever number) inside, on the water, under the water, or outside in rainy weather, it changes into this form forever.

If we need a recovery move outside of Rest, we could look at "Heal Order". It's currently a Vespiqueen only move, but I keep thinking back to "The Mummy" with the Rock, and I seem to remember scarabs healing the mummy, so it could work.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I agree Rough Skin would be an awesome choice, it's been wanted on a tanking Pokemon who can put it to good use for quite a while now.

I have some trouble seeing a Ghost with Rough Skin. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of a Pokémon, that can actually use the ability and seeing as this isn't a "oh can't touch me"-ghost, it might be alright. It's just a little weird.

KoA

is an Artist
Basically, since his Def is less than special defense, he says "lol" to those trying to bombard his physical side.

Plus, I imagine mummy wraps aren't exactly silky smooth. :/

Plus, I imagine mummy wraps aren't exactly silky smooth. :/
When I think of a Rough Skin Mummy, I think back to the Gibdo in Zelda. They seemed like their skin was torn up as possible, and would likely tear your skin just by touching it. And then of course they want a piggy back ride...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)